[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about this game, /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 23

File: PreyLogo.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
PreyLogo.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
What do you think about this game, /v/?
>>
general consensus - it is meh but okay
>>
>go to office to talk to russian waifu
>she suddenly turns hostile
>every friendly npc is now hostile too
>this is apparently a common problem
>reloading a save doesnt fix it
>its runwide
>gotta start a completly new g ame
>new beta patch apparently doesnt fix it either like promised.
>>
>>377633225
I really like it

When I realized I could mimic coffee cups and shit to get through the small windows of locked rooms I was shitting my pants
>>
>>377633635
Works on my PC :)
>>
Overall good, but not amazing.
>>
>>377633803
Yeah I thought it gave a lot of options to handle almost any given situation. It made me really like the game but I think it's stupid that it doesn't warn you which event is going to trigger the end game and make you unable to do the side objectives. I started a new game today just to finish up the side quests.
>>
File: 1479090704252.jpg (56KB, 697x620px) Image search: [Google]
1479090704252.jpg
56KB, 697x620px
>>377633225
I really liked it, the lack of enemy variety and the overabundance of supplies were my only real issues with it
>>
>>377634047
I just got the psychoscope. About how far am I?
>>
>>377634627
As far as the main story is concerned, maybe 1/4 of the way through. The side objectives make up the majority of the content though.

There are two events in the second half of the story which limit your movement through Talos I. I wanted to just get those done so I could explore again but then I took just another extra step and it was the point of no return. If you want to avoid that, do the side objectives before Alex invites you to talk in his office.
>>
RPGCodex seems to really like the game, calling it incline and essentially System Shock 3
>>
Amazing gameplay, story and musics
but it looks like mix of a lot of good game, but in bad meaning. But still amazing and great
>>
File: Rodd.png (1018KB, 809x829px) Image search: [Google]
Rodd.png
1018KB, 809x829px
>>377633225
I really did like this game, Bethesda sure did do a good job publishing this game!
>>
>/v/ hates game and discussing it on the board is impossible
>it gets cracked
>/v/ now praises game
Like clockwork.
>>
I think the combat is a bit underwhelming to be honest, and sometimes it feels unfair. Technopaths, telepaths, fire phantoms and weavers are a bitch and the weapons that are supposedly their weaknesses don't really do much. They just feel bullet spongey and even the Q-beam feels pathetic against the larger enemies.
>>
I had fun but the ending is shit.
>>
Amazing early and mid-game with okay-ish late parts.
>>
>>377635668
that's because piratefags are smart gamers while impulsive teenage day 1 purchase kids are not
>>
>>377635226
There have been five "System Shock 3" games now, one of which is actually System Shock 3. Most of the people prasing Prey haven't played SS/SS2, but read about how influential it was, and are slurping up mechanical imitation without regard to its comparative deficiencies in writing, atmosphere, and creature design.
>>
imo, I disliked it. I got to play it for free through a friends steam share on day1, it isn't Prey at all nor does it really have the cool inverted floor/roof levels or any of the other interesting mechanics that made me enjoy prey, plus the music sucked in this so I just turned it off.

you become broken levels of strong too fast, the enemies and combat are pretty forgettable once you can make cell ammo, plus that one neuromod to reveal mimics. the game was too short (I beat it in maybe 6-7 hours with most all the sidequests complete (with the exception being a couple where the NPC's become hostile and i have to constantly MC them every 90s to interact with). my biggest gripe is that the story sucks dick, all the endings are the same though with just a few details changing, and its all just a setup for the next game, which again will have absolutely nothing to do with the original Prey.

they didn't even explain what the fuck happened to Morgan.
>>
>>377633225
~8 hours in, I actually love it
solid 7-8.5/10, depending on what you're looking for
>>
>>377636035
>you become broken levels of strong too fast
>I beat it in maybe 6-7 hours with most all the sidequests complete
What in the fuck?
>>
>>377636272
I was using cheat engine for resources and nmods, but the game should still provide a sense of progression and challenge with that in mind.
>>
>>377635987
Save for the actual SS3 being developed by Spector and Neurath, Prey is the closest to the spirit of SS and of Looking Glass games out of all the games inspired by it, specially much closer than BioShock has ever been, thanks of course in part to the presence of key LGS people that work in Arkane and Bethesda.
>>
>>377636035
>6-7 hours with most sidequests
Bullshit. Thanks for outing yourself.
>>
File: 1359265146439.gif (2MB, 400x220px) Image search: [Google]
1359265146439.gif
2MB, 400x220px
>>377633225
I just finished it a couple hours ago
shit ending
7/10
not gonna pay for it :^)
>>
Amazing game.
Feels like a 90's-early 2000s game and that's saying something.
Some flaws like becoming OP by midgame but overall GOTY 2017.
>>
>>377636374
you can put resources into the recycler and split the stacks inside of it. youll get the amount * the split stacks back. still works on the latest patch if you arrange the resoruces in a specific pattern with enough splits.
neuromod devision has a nmod blueprint that doesnt run out. you can get it technically as soon as you have mimic 1.
>>
>>377636374
>the game should still be challengind when I cheat

Retard alert
>>
>>377636575
which neuromods did you find the most useful overall?
>>
>>377636421
>key LGS people

Most of whom were either testers like Harvey Smith, or were programmers. Most of the System Shock design leads were part of Irrational. Arkane's senior devs are from Ion Storm, not LGS.
>>
>>377636374
There's still no way that you were able to travel around Talos 1 that fast to do most of the sidequests. You are full of shit and moving the goalposts.
>>
>>377636738
Psychoshock, Hacking 3, Mimic and Necropsy.
>>
>>377635890
>shitposting and lying about games you haven't played
>smart
k senpai
>>
>>377636421
No, it really isn't. It's essentially a bioshock clone
>>
>>377636035
>all these copypasted complaints that are subtly totally wrong
Jesus dude, play the game before you hate on it. It's cracked now.
>>
>>377636738
not the guy you are responding too but stealth + stealth damage is fucking broken. psi granades reset enemy alert status for a short time so you always get the bonus damage. necropsy makes you into a nmod factory and hacking 4 gets you everywhere.
typically you want to max out your inventory space first then stockpile mods for when you need them.
mimic is also useful as it gets you into security stations through the counter, broken doors that cannot be opened or through cracks in regenerating glass.
>>
>>377636927
Not really.
>>
File: cff.png (65KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
cff.png
65KB, 625x626px
>>377636374
>game should cater to people using cheats and mods
>>
>>377633225

I gave it a shot today.
I gave up after I realized it'll keep spawning enemies in my face which give off no sounds and I'll only know they appeared from the musical queues given to me.
>>
>>377636421
i really hope ss3 isnt using unity like the ss remake is.
>>
>>377636824
>implying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQan-rIbKkA
>>
>>377637086
after around an hour of playtime you get the psychoscope.
it allows you to see enemies through walls, reveal mimics and tag enemies so you always know where they are.
>>
>>377636374
Jesus Christ you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>377637176
He clearly isn't traversing Talos, he's using glitches to escape outside the boundaries.

Is this bait?
>>
>>377637192

That sounds like falling off on the other side of the horse.
>>
>>377636374
Sorry, Neuromods can't heal brain cancer.

RIP
>>
>>377636738
Recycling, necropsy, psyschoshock, hacking (all levels), phase shift, mimic, leverage 1 (JUST 1, you can move leverage 2 + 3 objects in other ways), stealth damage and slowdown. Plays kind of like Bioshock 1 at this point where you just sneak up and whack typhons for all their health and have tons of options for bigger stuff.
>>
>>377637086
If you're talking about mimics, they actually do give off a faint clicking sound. I was abe to pinpoint the exact object they were mimicking just by following the clicking noises.
>>
>>377637268
it will be needed at that point.
>>
>>377636927
This is the game BioShock wishes it could be. BS1 is a shallow copy of what this game does, but after being horrifically consolized and simplified to the point where there is no complexity whatsoever. The only thing Prey lacks is a strong narrative, but neither SS games had that anyways.
>>
Just cleared out the Crew Quarters and got bored

>Nightmare mode
>become absurdly OP while phantoms don't even get stronger
>more neuromods than I know what to do with
>no interesting characters outside of Danielle and the cook

Was hoping for more human enemies too, how fucking disappointing
>>
>>377636738
I only got human abilities in my playthrough so I'd say Leverage, Health and sneak
>>
File: 2722397-take+her+away.jpg (22KB, 480x452px) Image search: [Google]
2722397-take+her+away.jpg
22KB, 480x452px
>>377637176
>I didn't like this game because it was short. I beat it in X hours
"You're full of shit"
>B-b-but I cheated a bit, so haha I'm still right g-guys
"No, even then you're still full of shit
>J-j-jokes on you I was also hacking and n-n-noclipping haha see what I did there

Sure you did.
>>
Fucking boring so far. I don't know why, but Arkane only made and continues to make bland and mediocre dogshit after based Dark Messiah.
>>
>>377633225
Great game. Sure, it has problems, but I still liked it. I should've started on the hardest difficulty instead of just hard to prolong this initial phase of you actually being wary of shit. It became too easy towards the end, even with human-only neuromods. Slowmo, grenade, stun, shotgun -- everything dies.
I enjoyed the aesthetic of the station, the wooden walls and general 60's feel. Somewhat similar to the first Half Life with tape computers and whatnot.
Story was good. I felt conflicted about Alex whole way through, shifting my opinions on him based on given information. In the end, he just wanted to help his little brother. I still blew up the station. The concept of Typhon is fresh and while I'd have liked to find out more about them, I fear it would destroy the mystery behind them. The theme of the game (empathy, what makes you a person, how can you like someone who is logically a bad person) is strong and is supported by the whole narrative up to the ending. Some say it was awful, though I don't agree. It's basically an ultimate point of what the whole game was leading to, thematically, so I actually liked it.
Solid 8.5 from me. There aren't many games like this.

Please, like and subscribe.
>>
>>377635987
>There have been five "System Shock 3" games

Bioshock
Dead Space (literally began development as System Shock 3 before turning into a RE4 clone)
the actual System Shock 3
Prey

WHAT'S THE FIFTH
>>
>>377637192
But it doesn't actually let you see through walls. Or did I miss that chipset?
>>
>>377637593
Yeah this game needed some more human oponents (non mind controlled) and robot types.

Maybe even a neutral Big Daddy like utility mech you can either get on your side or kill for resources.
>>
>>377637760
you cant see through walls yes but you can see enemies through certain objects and once theyre tagged you always know where enemies are even if you turn off the psychscope.
>>
I'm trying to get into it, but have been failing to go past the intro for a few days.

So far it feels like me going through the motions of games I've already played way too much, with nothing really motivating in sight.

Some clever presentation, but the game, at least so far, feels so derivative. Like they checked boxes on a design document.
>>
>>377633225
Bullshit scam since it uses the name but has nothing to do with the original game
+Shitty let's player product placements
>>
>>377637192
It doesn't see through walls, ever, and it only reveals mimics once you install a chipset. It also appears much later than an hour in, I'd say two or three if you're only making your way through the story and have already played through it once.
>>
>>377637890
That much is true. I disliked the fact that the markers stay on the enemies. They could have at least only show them when you have the thing on.
>>
>>377635061
Not who you were talking to , but thanks anon for this advice. I hate when games do this.
>>
>>377637757
Alien Isolation
>>
>>377637106
SS1 is on unreal 4
>>
>>377637989
It gets better when you realize how all the mechanics of the game play off of one another. It's actually fairly deep and complex for modern game standards. It took several hours for everything to click into place for me but I felt similarly to you in the start.
>>
>>377637757
I honestly would've never guessed that Dead Space was at one point planned to be SS3.
>>
>>377637998
Old Prey was mediocre with few good ideas, you fags didn't even care about, suck it up.
>>
>>377637760
If you couldn't tell by now, a good chunk of negative posts on /v/ are recycled complaints from people that have actually played the game.

This post >>377636035 is a prime example of that. This nigga never played the game. And then for some autistic reason tried to play it off as "h-haha I just hacked xD" You can tell from subtle clues such as that's not what neuromods do, completing the game in 6 hours is impossible unless you speedrun, and even with noclip it would be impossible to add the side quests on top, that's not how MC works, nor is it called MC, and the constant "THIS ISN'T PREY REEEEEE"

Basically never use this board for any kind of discussion. This place is some super combination of autism and contempt.
>>
File: wut.png (50KB, 340x208px) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
50KB, 340x208px
>>377636272
I can't tell what you're implying

>>377636374
why would you even need to cheat when the game is so easy?

>>377636489
outing myself as what, better than you at trivial fucking games with absolutely zero depth or replay-ability? pic related. pretty sure it even says the playtime on the ingame load/save menu as well but I can't be fucked reinstalling it.
>>
>>377638000
>It also appears much later than an hour in
i got it in like 40 minutes.
wasnt exactly hard to get there. i did some light exploring in the lobby and sealed the hullbreach to get the qbeam before i got to psychotronics. an hour later i was already in the crew quarters getting trapped by the cook.
>>
>>377638090
nope it isnt.
nighdive studios work exclusively with unity.
the demo for the remake also was made in unity.
thats why people where so angry at it.
>>
>>377638120

I guess I'll give it another chance tonight.
>>
>>377638178
You should've seen at least influences in the way the story progresses, you do almost the same things you do in SS2, it's essentially that game as seen through the eyes of Resi4
>>
>>377638378
Uh-huh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPcFU6kXeZ4
>>
>>377638197
I liked the old one so succ it up
>>
>>377638236
That doesn't prove that you beat the game OR did half of the sidequests. Post your save file with in-game stats (because it DOES have that).
>>
>>377638528
i stand corrected then.
great. there might be a slight chance for it turn out good then.
>>
>>377638456
I could kind of see it with how everyone gets split up immediately and how you communicate through the radio or whatever, but it never really clicked to me.
>>
>>377636035
>music sucked
Of all the things, you chose one that is actually good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37Xo2xy12Dc
>>
>>377633225
I think it has a lot of things there to bring it close to system shock. however the difficulty kind of ruins a lot of things that would be cool. If they ever add the hardcore mode i think it would improve the game a lot
>>
File: ded.png (9KB, 970x79px) Image search: [Google]
ded.png
9KB, 970x79px
>>377636975
>me writing something negative about the game means I'm wrong or didn't play the game :^)
I showed that I did play/beat the fucking game you autist >>377638236

>>377638586
I suppose it doesn't, but this does.
>>
>>377638879
bitch please, the original started off way better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f36b1UYQ5OA
>>
>>377639003
Do I really have to dignify this post with a response to explain how this still literally doesn't prove anything?
>>
>>377639125
lets keep pretending like anyone gave a shit about original prey
>>
>>377639125
>original
I see them as two completely separate games. I wonder how people would've received it if Bethesda didn't force Arkane to name it Prey.
>>
File: 1452989467900.jpg (155KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452989467900.jpg
155KB, 640x720px
>>377639003
Your last post says you last played on Monday, yet this achievement was unlocked on Thursday.
>>
>>377639259
>this achievement unlock of you beating the game doesn't prove that you beat the game :^))))))))
either you have autism or your post-purchase rationalisation is in full swing, either way remain assmad.

>>377639305
but the original game was legit.

>>377639395 that's true I'll give you that, but the fact of the matter is they did name it Prey and then deceided last minute to say fuck the actual Prey sequel and give us this shit instead.

>>377639490
I firewall steam while playing so it doesn't lock my friend from playing the game or boot me off with its "you have 5 minutes to close the game" shit since you can't use the actual Steam offline mode anymore, I unfirewall steam when I'm done so I can play a different game. it then syncs my save and gives me the achievements during that moment, hence the time difference.
>>
>>377639643
I think the fact that you are backpedalling your entire statement and your evidence does not line up is the reason everyone thinks you're a liar.

But I'm sure you already knew this, didn't you?
>>
>>377639643
>cancelled prey 2 having anything to do with the first either
>>
Most useless Neuromods?

Necropsy IMO. Game throws so much exotic material at you already. I'm sitting on 96 and I don't even have the mod. Also have 23 Neuromods that I don't particularly need.
>>
>>377641014
Totally disagree. The tree to get there is very cheap and it pays itself off super quickly. Also, it lets you get the better neuromods faster. Same for the recycling one.
>>
>>377641014
elemental&fear resistances, everything else is useful
>>
>>377641014
Necropsy was definitely a waste.

What I needed was a better way to get more mineral material.
>>
>>377641309
Not sure how it lets you get more neuromods faster. Even during the early stages of the game my neuromod production was never limited due to lack of exotic materials, it was the lack of mineral materials. It wasn't until later in the game that I realized duplicate weapons are an excellent source of mineral materials, and it's because of that fact that I'd argue the extra inventory space is a better upgrade if you're looking for extra neuromods ASAP.
>>
File: file.png (6KB, 721x79px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
6KB, 721x79px
>>377639490
>>377640026
steams just retarded on the achievement date, but I did complete most quests even having to mindcontrol the broken one like the ukrainian bitch in morgans office. your shitposting isn't going to alter my opinion on how bad the endings are where you're in a shitty simulation and earths fucked by the coral/typhon regardless.

>blow up the station and escape with the shuttle crew (Morgan says some shit like he felt it was all a dream?)
>blow up the station and sodoku
>use nullwave
all lead to the same post-credits garbage where earth is fucked, morgan isn't alive, you're an alien and alex wants to "put the best of himself inside you".

its just a garbage setup for a sequel.
>>
>>377641924
None of this proves you did most of the sidequest and story in only 8 hours. Post your in game stats.
>>
>>377641014
>Metabolic Boost
Oh boy, a temporary miniscule buff that only works when i use food. Food is better off in the recycler.

>Psionic Aptitude
Takes no time at all to refill your psi pool with a hypo and psi is consumed far too quickly for one to rely on science operators to keep them full.

>Leverage
Only kinda useless because of how buggy it is. If you could life and throw large objects without all the clipping problems, it wouldn't be so bad.

>Repair 3
All this does is allow you to fortify turrets. Not worth the amount of neuromods it takes.

>Suit modification
Ok this one isnt as bad as the other but it really should have included increases to suit integrity capacity.

>Gun Smith/Lab Tech
Weapon mods are uncommon enough as it is, plus the weapon increases aren't that significant save for ammo capacity. Shouldn't cost you neuromods as well.

>Materials expert
Should have increased recycling by 50% if they're only going to have one rank of it.
>>
>>377636035
>>377636374
>you become broken levels of strong too fast
>also I started the game and immediately gave myself more items than you can get in one playthrough
>why is this game so easy?
E B I N
>>
>>377637176
>speedrun
>most of the sidequests
????
>>
File: file.png (3KB, 318x108px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3KB, 318x108px
>>377642178
that wasn't me.
>>
>>377642150
Leverage is a waste, especially when you can just you Kinetic Blast to move shit.

Telepathy was also a waste. I used it literally just once in order to get the turrets onto the walkway in the Cargo Bay to help the survivors.
>>
File: 1486974525678.png (44KB, 699x799px) Image search: [Google]
1486974525678.png
44KB, 699x799px
>>377638202
It's all a part of "I want things to be bad fail so I can shitpost about them" mindset. I don't understand it. How can anyone in their right fucking mind actually desire videogames to come out bad? Just today I witnessed a thread about BB2 rumours. Its gist was: "lol imagine if it was announced for PC there's gonna be soooooo much shitposting, can't wait for it". Why would you want people to be mad? Why wouldn't you just want to play a good videogame? Do you wish for certain movies to come out bad so you can shit on people who waited for them? That's incredibly petty. And it seems people don't understand that no normal person actually gets mad over "ever ever" and the like. It's all shitposters shitposting at each other, pretending to get mad.

Why don't we just play videogames, for fuck's sake?
>>
So I don't mean to start anything, but did anyone notice this game had like no white men? Literally the only one I could think was the villain.

Every important character was a person of color.
>>
>>377641014
I never once felt like any of the Typhon Abilities were worth it aside from Kinetic Blast for Cystoids and Morph for exploration.
Mobility is the best branch by the way.

>>377642150
I agree with you on much of this but
>weapon mods are uncommon enough as it is
I just finished it last night, didn't even come close to 100%, and had a fuckton of Upgrade Kits. I fully upgraded the Margrave and Artemis, and didn't immediately find the Margrave and had the Silenced Pistol for about half the game so the base forms were upgraded as well.
>>
i honestly regret pirating this shit.

combat is boring and level design is kinda shit, neuromods are mostly useless as well.
being a shitstain console shooter doesnt help either
>>
The sound and visual design are both fucking trash, and the combat is extremely floaty and clunky, but the exploration more than makes up for it. I honestly think I'm about to start another playthrough and go full Human.
>>
>>377633225
Literally unplayable due to game breaking glitches up the ass
>>
>>377642150
>Metabolic Boost
hell no. one of the most useful perks. food is perfect for topping off health, the game throws it at you all the time, and who the hell needs the pittance of biological material they're worth? biological material is the 2nd most useless material, right behind exotic

>Psionic Aptitude
is that the one that increases your psi pool? if so, agreed.

>Leverage
i ended up taking it just because I had too many neuromods and it was annoying having to search for an explosive to blow them away

>Repair 3
it also lowers the amount of spare parts needed to repair things, which is kinda useful

>Suit modification
one of the most useful perks in the game. extra inventory space means more recycler fodder and less grief from backtracking all the time

>Gun Smith/Lab Tech
how do enjoy combat without these mods? the shotgun two-shots phantoms fully upgraded, does about 1/10th of their health at one weapon upgrade. one of the more vital perks

>Materials expert
pretty much the first mod anybody should pick up
>>
>>377642150
Food with Metabolic Boost becomes extremely powerful, especially if you're playing sneaky. You can duck behind a corner, eat some Big Bang, and regain most of your HP.
>>
>>377641924
Just post the in-game stats screen. Like holy shit enough with all this BS evidence that is missing key information.
>>
>>377643141
with the gunsmith and lab tech mods, i meant that these shouldn't be things that you need to unlock. Having to find the weapon mods should be enough of a requirement.
>>
>>377643242
jesus christ having to redownload 20 gigs of hot garbage just to prove to some turbo autist wrong...

which part of the stats screen do u want when its downloaded?
>>
>>377641867
Because you easily get enough extra typhon material not even 1/4 through the game until you make more than the 4 neuromods you spent on it. Also it has a ton of synergy with the recycler skill and "treasure hunt quest" suit chip.
>>
File: Flanders Electrified.png (147KB, 282x360px) Image search: [Google]
Flanders Electrified.png
147KB, 282x360px
It feels like the spiritual sequel System Shock needed, but we needed it ten years ago.
>>
>>377643491
The in-game stats screen one you mong. The one where it tracks total time, quests, kills, etc.
>>
>>377643613
this

game feels dated when it came out this year
>>
>>377643613
>>377643780
For their first foray into their own continuation of SS, I'd say they did more than well. I'm actually hopeful that 2 will be amazing because they'll take what they learned developing this one and make a much better one.
>>
>>377643780
Yes, but only because I feel like recent shooters have moved so far away from the whole "RPG-style abilities" thing and Shitfinite made it look like these games aren't good for the developer.
>>
File: 1487529085235.png (371KB, 888x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487529085235.png
371KB, 888x720px
>>377643491
And now you claim that you deleted it off your harddrive. Can't wait to see what excuse you come up with next.
>>
File: k.jpg (389KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
389KB, 1920x1080px
>>377643730
>>377644741
I'm not actually seeing quests completed in that stats screen, but going to objectives and showing completed shows the total/ inb4 some other random bullshit
>>
So far? Probably one of the best PC singleplayer games of the year.

Very few routes are unplanned apart from ones that involve actual bugs like going through walls. Shame that enemy spawns are pretty predictable, lowering replay value...but overall quite good.
>>
>>377643491
>he can't DL 20gigs in less than 20-30 mins
kek
>>
I pirated it and felt ripped off
>>
File: file.png (3KB, 220x120px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3KB, 220x120px
>>377645647
oh I can.
>>
>go into the main hub right after the tutorial
>enter some room, pick up one of the upgrade things
>big guy spawns and one-shots me instantly
>>
>>377644741
I'm still waiting for your autistic retort that I a) didn't play the game or b) didn't complete the majority of quests after having shown proof. >>377645183
I dunno how many more quests there are, but I'm pretty sure I DID do the majority of them. apologise you chinese cartoon posting faggot.
>>
>>377645861
git gud
>>
>>377646094
I'll admit, you did beat the game in 6-7 hours after cheating.
>>
>>377645183
How about showing the completed quests in your quest log?
>>
File: 1492036422295.png (56KB, 187x229px) Image search: [Google]
1492036422295.png
56KB, 187x229px
>>377645861
>big guy spawns
>>
>>377646094
>he spent all this time and energy just to prove something to obvious shills
>he doesn't realize they'll just make up another excuse after that
you're retarded
everybody knows that people who defend games with >lol you didn't even play it, are all fucking shills
>>
>>377646150
I didn't cheat, some guy replied to whoever replied to me initially. I even showed a screen of that.

>>377646167
sure lemme fire up dxtory and scroll through that shit
>>
File: clip_20170521_184831.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
clip_20170521_184831.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>377646167
>>
>>377645183
Looks like you pasted the objectives from a complete game onto the stats page from an incomplete game.
>>
>>377646747
not even him but pls just kill urself
>>
File: 1395421263110.jpg (100KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1395421263110.jpg
100KB, 800x800px
It's okay. Around a third or halfway or so into the game I thought it would be running for GOTY because it did things that competitors in the genre just skipped, like a very clear attention to detail going so far as to have interact-able little machines in rooms simple because said interact-able machines made sense for that part of the station, but the more you play one the more it's clear that this game needed more of everything, more time more weird shit and more vision.

It's not a horror game, it doesn't even try to be so I have no clue why it was marketed as such. It would be like marketing a Zelda game as a turn based JRPG.

The monster designs both look extremely shitty and there aren't enough types, essentially 5 or so of them.

Story while it had some good ideas never really connected and lacked a proper goal or villain or something to focus your attention. And the twist at the end is stupid and served little purpose other than making it seem like your choices mattered, they didn't.

RPG progression elements a bog standard (outside the mimic power) but I did like that they didn't go the "XP" route but making upgrades an ingame thing, even if it does end up breaking the game/player progression. The crafting system was alright but kind of bored of them at this point.

Good level design for the most part even if GUTS and the outside are a fucking nightmare to navigate.

Weapons again bog standard, felt like they liked an impact except for the Recycle Grenade which was pretty smart and fun to use.

The timed nature of side events, Dead Rising style, was a fine addition and made the game feel more real and organic.

The game felt like another made by committee game shat out the door expected to do good enough but with the twist that at least someone in there cared and wanted true System Shock game. Sadly that someone is but one man and the end result is not even close.
>>
>>377633225
I used to think that Beth was shilling once again but I just played the 1 hour demo and it was pretty good plus I got like 2 and a half hours out of it which is a plus
>>
>>377646712
That's impressive, but if you can do webms why don't you show all your neuromods, stats, save games, and quest log in a single one.

I simply can't believe you did all that in seven hours without cheating or something. The game is huge.
>>
>>377646712
Legitimately impressed. GJ anon.
>>
File: 1376678809804.jpg (47KB, 226x199px) Image search: [Google]
1376678809804.jpg
47KB, 226x199px
>>377647148
Also the game is piss easy, I finished it on hard and I have no clue what every reviewer was bitching about.

Hell after I got the Neuromod recipe I literally invested every resource I had into making them and ran out of ammo for every weapon and the game still wasn't hard.
>>
>>377646712
Well okay mate.

Seems a bit sad to rush through all that. There's a decent amount of content just to look around for. Can't imagine you read many emails or listened to much with that playtime.

I imagine you got the reveal mimic one to early as all those are randomized. Could steal quite a decent chunk of the games thunder away.
Regardless I'd slow your pace of play in games more and let things soak in. Oh well, I enjoyed it anyway.
>>
>>377633225
Still on track for being GotY 2017. Thought ES2 might take it but unless Amplitude busts their ass on updates it won't. The only real contender left is Gwent and since CDPR is completely changing everything about the game from closed beta to open who the fuck knows how that'll pan out.
>>
>>377647198
how is the game fucking huge when you get those run-speed neuromods and can go sector to sector in ~30 seconds without taking fire from respawned enemies once

>>377647148
>but the more you play one the more it's clear that this game needed more of everything
that's pretty much how I felt, I kind of wanted some "dynamic crew members" sort of shit, I would of killed for seeing a single person just run past me in a corridor even a single time, but instead you just bump into people who have objectives to hand out.

>>377647567
I did "read" all the emails, but I just don't know, about 1hour into my playthrough I just started to dislike the game and would click rather than read everything, especially when I realized what the end of the game was going to be about with you being in a recursive simulation and all that, it became too predictable.
>>
Its just /h/ but more blacker
>>
>>377635061
What are the events? I don't care about spoilers and I'd rather know when so I can do the side missions beforehand
>>
>>377638120
What are some examples of what you're talking about? I guess some of the weapons combo nicely, like GLOO and wrench, but most other combinations strain your resources too much to use frequently. I'm playing on nightmare so maybe that's the reason weapon synergies aren't very helpful for me.

One thing that gets annoying is that the only "ranged" weapon they give us (so far) is the silenced pistol. Feels bad when you have to kite a Voltaic Phantom or Telepath for 5-15 minutes.
>>
>>377648187
All of nightmare is sneak bonus + close range shotgun. Getting captains pistol pretty much eliminates any threat the game can give anyway.
>>
>>377647849
Not that guy but I can respect that. I generally steer clear of Beth games after Skyrim but felt myself enjoying this one. IDK.
>>
>>377636374
>I cheated and it's too easy :(((((((((((
>>
>>377648187
Sneak all the time and use abilties/gloo gun all the time. Even if you don't like them they make enemies MUCH more vulnerable to gunfire. Psychoshock basically drops their defense some ridiculous number and stops them from using abilities.
>>
File: file.png (6KB, 420x60px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
6KB, 420x60px
>>377647849
oops, forgot pic

>>377647567
I didn't say I hated it though, I just said I disliked it. I liked the first hour of it compared to most of the shit thats been released this year, but it just feels like it needs further polish to really keep my attention. it marketed itself as a "thriller" game, but there is no thrills. and once you get used to the mimics its more of a chore than a surprise. the game even poked fun at that when you go into that one lab room with the postIt notes.

if the game was released say 5 years ago, it'd be 10/10, but by todays standards it feels dated as if they were just sitting on this game for a while and figured they'd slap the name Prey on it for the hell of it.
>>
>>377648438
You realize this wasn't developed by Bethesda?
>>
>>377648549
>and figured they'd slap the name Prey on it for the hell of it

Well I suppose it's not like anyone was doing anything with it anyways.
>>
>>377646712
>>377647198
he made a webm because he took it from a youtube vid
>>
>>377648582
Yeah I know Arkane made it but games published by Beth in general I kind of have a negative outlook on seeing what kind of demographic they've been appealing to with TES/Fallout. Still liked this and even Dishonored, so maybe none of that is even true. Beats me.
>>
>>377648701
KYS
>>
File: 20170521182017_1.jpg (24KB, 276x410px) Image search: [Google]
20170521182017_1.jpg
24KB, 276x410px
Where can I get the Calvino mug? I've been tearing through his office trying to find the thing.
>>
>>377636738
i like superthermal. it says its a trap but you can just drop it right on enemies and nuke them. one shots weavers which is nice.
>>
>>377636738
Hacking is god tier once you realize you can hack corrupted operators if you sneak up on/GLOO/EMP them

Also Mobility 3 practically makes it an entirely different and much better game.
>>
File: 194764023807.png (292KB, 532x405px) Image search: [Google]
194764023807.png
292KB, 532x405px
>Game says I installed multiple Typhon neuromods at the end of the game and criticizes me for it.
>Literally just had Mimic rank 1 to get to hard to get places without fucking around with the 10 million keycards this game has a fetish with.
>>
>>377649806
It's Bioshock all over again
>Harvest one little sister
>All of a sudden you're fucking Hitler and have raped all the little children whilst wearing a big daddy suit
>>
>>377641014
the resistance perks are totally useless. i thought the psi absorption would be way higher but it does almost nothing. also you can just get the same effect from suit chips.

fear resistance might be worth it if fear really annoys you.
>>
the nightmare is legitimately intimidating tbqh
>>
>>377637757
doom?
>>
>>377633225
Worth a buy on sale or should I just pirate it?
>>
>>377649385
The workspace under the entrance stairs.
>>
>>377650785
Would be worth a buy at full price if it didn't have gamebreaking bugs. Pick it up in Nov/Dec when Steam has a big sale if they've fixed it by then.
>>
Just finished Deep Storage, I'm going to predict the big twist: You're actually a Typhon that they grafted human brain cells into, not the real Morgan Yu.
>>
>>377651091
Thanks bud
>>
>>377650785
yeah its pretty lengthy if you're really into the exploration. i paid $47 on greenman and dont regret it
>>
I don't think that the open world does this game any good
>Have a clear objective
>Still dick around for hours, collect everything that isn't nailed down because you need to recycle and don't want to backtrack
>Have to always go back to the nearest recycle machine because you have no inventory space left
>Craft so much pistol and shotgun ammo that combat isn't really a challenge for the most part
>>
>>377633225
its a good game just not a good prey game

i just wanted strangers wrath in space
>>
>>377651424
That was my favorite part, actually. If your inventory is becoming an issue you can just throw shit in a corner and lob a recycler grenade over or just make sure to recycle all drinks/snacks/non-fruit consumables since they give synthetic material. Also the suit upgrades should be maxed out pretty close to the beginning of the game.
>>
>>377651629
Yeah, after I upgraded the suit, I could carry much more but the combat makes the game not scary and intense at all
I stopped using my wrench a long time ago and have no reason to stealth around
I also don't use any typhon mods because I feel like the game will just punish me for it in the long run

The only time I got spooked is when a shitty jumpscare happened but that's about it

Not to mention that I don't like the whole "scientist can handle guns like an operator" but that's just me
>>
game is 90% jump scare with unappealing combat
>>
>>377652312
I think you *might* need an alien mod or two to get to certain places, but I'm not sure. Honestly I didn't like the sound of most of them either, but investing into the first rank of telekenesis, mimic mind jack and machine mind is super-helpful, and Psychoshock and phase shift (read: blink) are pretty OP. Even the combat focus one works like an alien mod and is also totally broken.
>>
>>377651489
holy shit shut the fuck up

prey 2 had nothing to do with the first either and the first prey was never about bounty hunting
Thread posts: 180
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.