[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comfy RTS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 373146.jpg (361KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
373146.jpg
361KB, 1680x1050px
Hey /v/,
I am looking for a new and really curious if there is such a thing as a comfy RTS. One where you focus more on base building than frantic clicking and swarming enemies.. Multiplayer not required, just looking for a good base builder with combat and such.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>377628375
What is Kerrigan doing with Sylvanas?

Also OP, no, there aren't.
RTS is a genre made for autists that believe that 1 misspent second is an automatic gg and resign.
These autists will ALWAYS try to optimize time to retardedly astronomical levels so they can get their army 0.7 seconds earlier and win.
I see no way to stop them except by making build/collecting times so long that they'd be forced to wait, but this would make for a very boring game.

For example: go watch AoE2 videos by TheViper or the informative ones by Spirit of the Law. You'll see the autistic levels these people hit.
I'm not insulting them though, I love watching spirit of the law's videos, but I'd rather kill myself than play AoE2 like that.
>>
>>377628375

every rts is comfy it just depends on how you play it
>>
>>377629256
Damn. I like the idea of the RTS genre but I don't think I am that much of autists to enjoy it the way it is meant to be I guess. I like building a base with cool defenses and all that and strategic combat moves. I liked Civ a lot because it kind of met fit my niche, but I would like something real time with more base building.
>>
>>377631469
You can always play RTS like AoE2 or CoH but just remember that high level players go for meta, not for "strategy", so they will wreck you.
>>
>>377631469

that guy is the autist

what he's saying it's true only at the highest level of copetitive play.

it's like saying that go on a bicycle is shit because you have alway to go at minimum 40km/h and take doping

RTS are always comfy and slow played in single player
and also in multyplayer if you play with other people who are at the same level as you
>>
>>377632150
Do you have any recommendation? Multiplayer is not a requirement for me. I have played CC, Red Alert, and Star Craft, they were all a little too fast paced.
>>
Stronghold?
>>
>>377629256
>multiplayer not required

Most RTS are comfy if you're just playing single player

AoE2 is probably the comfiest
Stronghold is up there as well
>>
>>377632357

i think stronghold may be considered more slow paced

and i think is the best in base building you can place traps and other shit.

it's very satisfiying to look at your base in stronghold
>>
Stronghold Crusader

it's a dead genre so you'll have to settle for old graphics
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.