[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the appeal of this series? The gameplay isn't fun at all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: header[1].jpg (28KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header[1].jpg
28KB, 460x215px
>>
That's your opinion.
>>
>>377627339
Not really, the game mechanics are pretty clunky
>>
>>377627446
>>
>>377627446
i disagree
>>
the fun is getting a strong combination of items with fun and unique synergies. Usually runs are boring until the 3rd floor, by which point you will have a very strong build unless you are a shitter who failed to get a devil room on floor 2
>>
>>377626972
I sort-of agree, it doesn't have the strongest gameplay, but the gameplay is serviceable, and isn't the appeal. The appeal is the randomization and challenging yourself, as well as the random advancement your character undergoes; slightly changing the gameplay and game each time.
>>
>>377627446
So it's not really your opinion? Why say it then?

Or are you actually trying to say that something being considered "fun" isn't an opinion?
>>
OP you're a faggot
>>
>>377629462
>So it's not really your opinion? Why say it then?
No, the fact is that the game mechanics aren't smooth; the opinion is that you find clunky mechanics fun
>>377629606
No thx
>>
I like the game, its fun.
>>
It's fun to play.
Also deepest lore.
>>
>>377630454
What "game mechanics" aren't "smooth"?

Explain both
>>
>>377626972
Discovering items, it's like playing a gatcha machine that gives powerups, that's the fun behind it, it's hard to explain but that's it.
Note that the first playthroughs are boring as fuck because they're slow and have shit items, despite what spergs will tell you I think it's better if you get a 100% save.
>>
>>377626972
T. Picked tiny planet and never made it past the caves.
>>
Did you play Rebirth? The OG Binding of Isaac might feel like a browser game because it's made in Flash.

Rebirth is completely smooth and can run at 60fps on a toaster.
>>
I must've sunk like 60 or 70 hours into Rebirth, it's the perfect game to play when you're at a loss for anything else.
>>
It's, at its core, a twin stick shooter, which just a plain ole fun genre.
It's great to pull of strong synergies and become some ludicrous broken character.
It is equally as fun to grab a few buffs and go through on a skill run that plays closer to a bullet he'll at late game.
>>
>>377626972
OP died on basement 1
>>
>>377626972
We are all bad at this game when we start, once you figure it out it's not really a bad game at all
>>
>>377628728
>The appeal is the randomization
this
it's basically a slot machine
>>
>>377630545
glad you liked it Marielx !Vidya4T.Xo
>>
>>377626972
it's edgy
>>
>>377626972
The appeal is the fun gameplay.
>>
File: crap.png (33KB, 322x97px) Image search: [Google]
crap.png
33KB, 322x97px
It's ok.
>>
It's banging your head against a wall until you find the wall's weak spot and can break it consistently in one or two smacks. It's storming the beaches of Normandy, losing soldier after soldier, until you get a foothold and can kick some Nazi ass.

You don't start a round of Isaac expecting to beat it, especially the first few dozen times. You Leroy Jenkins your way through, learning more about the game, over and over again. Every time you learn more about enemy patterns, how to avoid attacks, what items synergize well, and what items don't work well with each other.

There's a bell curve to the dice rolls. A small amount that are very good or very poor, but the majority will be in the center bulge of the bell. You got some really good items early that make the game trivially easy? Well good for you. Accidentally picked up Ipecac and boomerang tears or Bob's Brain? No problem, starting over is quick and painless.

If the core gameplay of twin stick shooting is not engaging to you, you are not going to like it whether or not the RNG factor is there. Also, use a controller.
>>
File: eeeeeeeeedmund.jpg (362KB, 683x617px) Image search: [Google]
eeeeeeeeedmund.jpg
362KB, 683x617px
>>377626972
The appeal is getting good or interesting item combinations. The core gameplay was never good and edmund """balances""" it under the false impression that people play it because it's "hard" despite pretty much every encounter being braindead shit. The only hard part of the game is not running out of patience against the HP bloat.

The reason its so popular is because it was the first to do the roguelite thing and also remains one of the only roguelites to focus on stacking passives upgrades, rather than swapping out for different weapons ie gungeon.
>>
>>377630454
Clunky and smooth are weasel words
Please describe exactly what they mean, then explain why you think that makes a game bad (opinion)
>>
How do I git gud at this
I feel like a huge hurdle is all the items. I have no idea what they are until I pick them up. And even then most of the time I still don't know what they are.

Am I supposed to repeat the same map until I beat it? Or is it best to play a new map every time?
>>
>>377626972
> I don't find this fun
>THEREFORE NOR SHOULD ANYONE.

How nice to be the center of the universe.
>>
>>377626972
shit taste
>>
>>377635518
Man it's been ages since I've seen this

I can still make her spin both ways
>>
>>377635694
that's not an illusion, the gif manually spins her
>>
>>377635905
The gif doesn't change. It's your perspective that makes her spin in different directions
>>
>>377628508
Doesn't matter if you disagree, the gameplay is objectivity clunky
>>
>>377627339
>defending an objectively bad Shmup
>>
>>377636146
Only if you are objectively bad
>>
>>377635694
>>377636023
Explain the gif?
How do I make her go the other way
>>
>>377636691
same way you make leftie logic work, you just gotta believe it
>>
>>377636691
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYUPkkZOpCg
>>
>>377626972
the first game is trash. The ones on the new engine serve as a solid time waster but they still aren't worth the price.
>>
>>377636923
I can only switch between them by looking at the examples provided, and without any reference I always see it as left
Am I fucked
>>
>>377636923
>>377635518
brain fried
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.