[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What moba should I get into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 12

File: cover.png (421KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
cover.png
421KB, 800x450px
What moba should I get into
>>
Paragon
>>
>>377618979
this one
>>
>>377618979

Smite/Paragon

Third person > top down bullshit autoclick fucking can't do shit when someone right clicks you and fucking no skills you.
>>
hots is giving away 20 free characters right now until tomorrow so play that
>>
Just don't, it'll start fun but before you know it you'll be ending matches angrier then when you started.
>>
Its too bad HoN lost so many players. Was probably the only fun one.
>>
If you are gay, go with anyone of them.
>>
>>377618979
Try all of them, aside from hon that game has no future
>>
Heroes of the Storm is the easiest one, and is the only one I play anymore due to time restrictions.

DotA2 used to be amazing but 7.00 ruined it for a lot of people.

HoN is closest to classic DotA that you can get but I'm not sure how many people play it right now.

Don't bother with League, it's the most broken ASSFAGGOTS there is, and the grind to get characters is painful.

Never played Smite.
>>
dota unless you're a redditor
>>
>HoN
Dead
>Smite/paragon
Haven't tried it might be good
>HotS
No depth, you all share xp, waste of time since the learning curve is very small and someone who plays for 1000 hours won't be better than someone who plays 20 hours. Don't play it.
>DotA
The opposite of HotS, the more time you put into it the better you'll get. But the sheer amount of choices makes it impossible to completely minmax.
>LoL
Perfect balance, you should be able to minmax after a few hundred games which leaves you time to polish your skill at small mechanics such as last hitting, micro during team fights, etc. Not as hard as DotA but you can still carry your team unlike heroes of the shills
>>
>>377620415
I still play HoN with friends occasionally, it's still around
>>
If you want to have fun play HotS
>>
File: ai383.jpg (44KB, 524x696px) Image search: [Google]
ai383.jpg
44KB, 524x696px
if included smite might aswell include paragon.
>3ps perspective moba
paragon\smite, smite more traditional, gold, items etc, paragon prettier, kinda unique card system instead of items,
>dota2
really hard to get into at start, eventually pays off, but not really. Probably the most toxic community of any game.
>LoL
waifus, a lot easier then previous one, which can be good\bad thing, people get really fucking toxic as you climb in ranks.
>HoN
wew
>Hots
the most casual shit out there, some people say its a lot more strategic and complex at higher elo, but nah, you probably wont see it. Still can be fun to jump into for some quick match from time to time.
>>
>>377622021
for 30 matches before you get bored because of how shallow it is
>>
>>377618979
go for smite, lol is p2w garbage and while dota 2 is better is also more difficult and kinda hard for begginers, while smite is fun and you can easily get into it, also less cancerous community and is more fast paced
>>
>>377619010
>>377619226
Avoid paragon
Sure it looks good and plays well
But the community is full of shitters
Everyone stubbornly picks a hero thats bad for the team comp
With every new update they always end up making some hero op
The game has devolved into a tdm since its difficult to make a tank build and everyone just picks heros with the highest damage output or stuns
>>
>>377618979
I've put like 1000 hours into LoL and 4000 hours into Dota 2 and they bot fucking suck. MOBAs are a massive waste of time.
>>
Dota 2 if you want best mechanics but can deal with steepest learning curve and longest matches.

Hots if you want shorter (rarely over 30 min), want to just casually play a few matches a day, or if you have friends to play with

Paragon if you want a different (imo better) view point and grafix.
>>
SMITE or Paragon. I would have said HoTS, but they went full league of legends over the past 8 months so fuck it.
>>
None of them, they're all garbage.

Dota has sucked away 6000 hours of my life
>>
>>377622882

So basically it's like every other Moba out there when it first begins.

Gotcha.

But seriously though Paragon does have some shitters but all in all it's a solid game and I do like the card system instead of buying items.
>>
LoL is more reflex based. I don't know why, but it feels like i'm playing a fighting game when i play it.

DOTA is strategy based.
>>
>>377623317
DOTA is just slow as fuck that's why, animations are too slow
>>
>>377623264
I don't like the card system because you can only get them randomly from card packs and some cards are obviously more better and useful than others
But what makes the other cards shit is that their mostly situational like the ones that give you some physical and ability armor after being set on fire
How many characters use fire?
Like 2
>>
>>377618979
Heroes is the best in terms of gameplay
Dota is the least jewish
League is the most popular
HoN if you're some kind of west coast faggot who doesn't want to play a popular game
>>
>>377622882
>But the community is full of shitters
you new to moba genre aren't you?
>Everyone stubbornly picks a hero thats bad for the team comp
like in every moba solo q, what do you expect? have buds to play with
>With every new update they always end up making some hero op
the only op shit was aurora, can agree with that, since her every new hero was ok at release
>The game has devolved into a tdm
yea, it was for a couple of weeks, they were testing op buff changes and objectives, now its fine as before, Recent update especially good.
>difficult to make a tank build and everyone just picks heros with the highest damage output or stuns
its just you dont know how build a tank deck
and you will be obliterated in matter of seconds if trying to 1vs3 no matter playing tank or not, there are tanks, its just not "IM FUCKING INVINCIBLE" kind of tanks. About stuns, current meta is cc and utility, being helpful to team, so it makes sense that some heroes are picked more then other.

Paragon isnt that bad, its not that good either, but i wouldn't suggest people avoiding it, it has potential.
>>
>>377620271
Dota 2 ruins my day, every day. I queue up like it's going to be an awesome experience, when I know that every loss is going to mentally and physically exhaust me.

You'll get stuck with 3rd world idiots that play like shit and spam you with pings for no good reason. Or you'll get stuck with some snarky asshole who things he's hot shit and wants to jungle all match. No one knows what they're doing, but everyone thinks they have pro level knowledge.

It's not a game where if you die in a humorous way you can laugh along with everyone, it just gets you angry. There's no fun to be had. No fun whatsoever. The only positive emotion is gained when you beat a team of smug, bad mannered idiots. And that's what you'll chase. It's an addiction. Stay away from this shit.
>>
Consider Battlerite for pure gameplay/teamplay without the laning and itemisation complications.

Dota is the deepest game, always a shit ton to learn and matchups are crazy complex. Frustrating as fuck with shit team or cunty team when youre shit. Lots of time investment required. If you try it first it will scare you away from Mobas or it will suck you in and waste 3000 hours of your life minimum. but it wont cost you much or any $$.

League is a bit faster than Dota but full of surrender babbies and children. Can be fun and has some mechanics that dota lacks but the lack of depth pushes me away.

Hots is even more shallow but has fun game modes and some interesting heroes.
>>
>>377618979
dota if you want challenge for your decision making and communication skills
league if you want challenge for your mechanical skills
hots if you want neither and just want casual gameplay
>>
heroes of newerth is objectively the best one and closest to the original Dota experience, but people play Dota 2 because it's more popular and League of Legends because they're casuals
>>
>>377625014
Yeah im fairly new to the genre ive only played a bit of LoL on my shit pc that can barely run flash games
But about the op heros did you see how greystone was when monolith was still new?
Did you see how serath was and probably still is after yin was released she was taking people out with three hits
Morigesh isn't entirely op but look how easy she is to use because of her lock on abilities
>>
>>377618979
Don't let anyone tell you that HoN is dead

It still has enough active players in NA/EU to provide varied matchups across it's different game maps

And if you're enough of a madman to play on the Garena server you will never run out of people to play with
>>
>>377621056
>DotA2 used to be amazing but 7.00 ruined it for a lot of people.
Yeah. To be honest with 7.06 it's on its way back, but it's staggering how much effort they're going to have to put in in order to unfuck the game.
>>
>>377618979
BattleBorn
>>
>>377618979
League or Heroes.
>>
>>377618979
dawn of war 3
>>
None
>>
>>377618979
Smite<HotS<HoN<LoL<DotA<Not doing this to yourself while you're still free
>>
I haven't played Paragon since before Countess was released, how's the balance? I remember loving Riktor.
phase just looks like a normal woman what the fuck
>>
I'm playing Heroes of Newerth still and Battlerite.
>>
>>377618979
>should I play Dota, or one of the shitty knockoffs of Dota?
>>
>>377630121
Seriously. I can't believe anyone would actually suggest one of the other games when all of them (except HoN?) are explicitly designed around being Dota but simpler and with less mechanics.
>>
>>377629239
Why HoN and not Dota 2 or HoN's sequel (called something like "Strife"?) ?
Genuine question

>>377630121
>>377630246
Dota is the best, but HotS and Smite are lighthearted fun in a way Dota can't be.
>>
>>377625768
crit greystone was thing only in low\mid elo, with random pubbies who doesnt expect this kind of crap and were not prepared for it. Serath is carry, it meant to be strong at late game if you let her farm, which you shouldn't, her gameplay and playstyle highly revolves around jumping in > deleting hero asap> and get away, if you dont get some dmg mitigation, and dont react to her, of course she will obliterate you in couple of hits, thats how she works. And thats how she was right from start, epic just made playing her more obvious and easier, and thats why people jumped in when she got tweaked and destroyed so many other players that didnt saw Serath as treat before > they didnt knew how to counter her. Exactly same thing right now with Rev, you aren't supposed to outburst him 1vs1 because he has all tools to take you down face to face, but you easily counter by just having someone by your side.

But they do some weird stuff that i have no explanation, why the fuck they nerfed yin now, why they changed way muriel ult work, why iggy still useless, why recent heroes rely on autolock so much, etc.
>>
>>377621341
Exactly this.
So play lol
>>
>>377621341
>LoL
>Perfect balance

Im fucking plying, the game is a casual snoozefest where the devs use bans and groupthink to limit the development of their own metagame beyond "ok this champion is the best now buy him".
>>
File: Double King.jpg (568KB, 3360x2100px) Image search: [Google]
Double King.jpg
568KB, 3360x2100px
I have played a few
>DoTA
Fun, but requires the most time. I don't play MOBA's religiously so I don't really want to put the time in. Also just has my least favorite visuals but thats a personal thing. Very good if you have the time for it.
>LoL
Fun, and competitive, however gets really grating. They balance the game around a very small selection of meta champions, and ignore everyone else. Because of this, over half of the champs are "not meta" which means playing them COULD work but is just gimping yourself and your team. The early game is also really damn boring. Not to mention that each new champ feels like a carbon copy of someone thats already there and that the fanbase is the most cancer of them all.
>HoTS
Not nearly as serious or competetive. Very dull to watch but a good time to play. Different maps ensure that each character has places they do well in, and also keeps things fresh. Also has the most silly characters. Great if you just want something fun, but not for something serious.
>>
>>377618979
None
Or Dota if you really want to
>>
Battlerite
>Plays more like a fighting game than a traditional MOBA
>tfw game will probably die like its predecessor
>>
>>377630809
He meant the perfect balance as in not so easy that there's no depth, but not so difficult that you can't focus on sharpening your mechanical skill, reactions to enemy skills, etc.
>>
>>377618979
tbqh, if you haven't really gotten into any of them by now i don't think you should start now. other games are better and give the same competitive flux
>>
>>377618979
Play Battlerite, its like a constant teamfight with soft bjectives and no boring ass lane phase with last hitting
>>
>>377631151
>OP requests a certain type of game
>suggest a different type of game
>>
>>377631794
>and no boring ass lane phase with last hitting
opinions
>>
>>377630437
I like Dota 2, but it and HoN are very different feeling now. HoN was the "original Dota 2" and I got used to it and it's generally faster feeling.

Meanwhile Dota2 started getting slower feeling and introduced more varied changes, I honestly haven't kept up with it in over a year. HoN has such a quick time to kill usually and it's more action packed.

Strife is actually a different team from the original HoN, I believe they formed their own studio. It feels more like LoL than anything. I dunno, I played maybe 3 matches in one of it's early beta tests and never looked at it again.

I've played MasterXMaster a few times and it's alright, it at least has the mechanic of swapping between 2 heroes that makes it unique and interesting.
>>
>>377618979
Battlerite
>>
File: fuck you.jpg (34KB, 538x419px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.jpg
34KB, 538x419px
>LoL
Shit P2W
>Smite
OK
>Paragon
Worse Smite
>HotS
Shit
>Dota 2
Fun but takes time
>HoN
See : HotS
>>
>>377630509
Serath is a carry but what im saying is that people don't use her like one instead shes more commonly used in the jungle instead of the safe lane where the team carry is intended to be
>>
>>377618979
>Dota 2
The original, has the most depth and freedom and is the most balanced but isn't a very mechanically tight game and it can be a huge pain playing with randoms. More of a tactics game than an action game, also very punishing to learn

>HoN
Can be considered a separate branch of development from early in Dota's life, is built on a lot of the same systems but is a little faster and more streamlined. Mechanically feels nicer than Dota. Community sucks and doesn't have much of a following

>LoL
Is kind of like Dota-lite, LoL is the same base formula as Dota but streamlines things down and puts more of a focus on combat and action than tactics. The game has a forced team comp and lane meta, and itemization is primarily numerical stat scales rather than utility stuff like Dota

>Smite
Basically LoL with a different camera and control scheme, might be worth looking into if you really can't stand the diablo-style click controls

>HotS
The Smash Bros of the genre, everything is hyper-streamlined and hero progression is shared across all your teammates. Has modern WoW-style talents instead of items or ability points, has lots of maps each with their own objectives. Is the most simplified and casual, but also has some pretty unique hero designs. Has fast matches and is designed to be picked up and played.
>>
File: 1444671596602.png (283KB, 375x451px) Image search: [Google]
1444671596602.png
283KB, 375x451px
>>377621341
>>LoL
>Perfect balance
why the fuck are you lying?
>>
Awesomenauts. :^)
>>
>>377635715
I'm pretty sure he meant a perfect balance of complexity and streamlining
>>
>>377630246
>>377630121
>/v/, a board that prides itself on hardcore it is
>90% of the thread recommends the knock-offs of the niche game that stripped every hardcore element away from it to appeal to the casual masses

What has this board become?
>>
>>377636189
/v/ may pride itself on being hardcore, but it has never actually been hardcore.
>>
DotA2 is inarguably the best of the lot
>>
>>377619226

You are fucking retarded, top down is always greater than third person you retard even for MMO. Third person is cancer the only 3D camera styles should be top down or first person fuck everything else
>>
File: 1495373218236.jpg (66KB, 720x707px) Image search: [Google]
1495373218236.jpg
66KB, 720x707px
>>377636138
>tfw over 550 hours and haven't played in nearly a year
All I remember is getting mad at Yuri players for putting bombs on top of the jump pads thinking it was a cheat move
>>
>>377618979
[spoiler[ mxm [/spoiler]
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (33KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
33KB, 480x360px
>>377618979
Hyper Universe
>>
>>377640908
those are some tittays
>>
>>377640814
MxM is pretty damn great, but the MOBA feature was just a weekly test thing. Unless they brought it back. Also, it's in alpha if I'm not mistaken. But it's still fuckin' great.
>>
>>377640908
A game about giant dicks, wow
>>
>>377639386
Third person camera is fine in some games (e.g. the second Prince of Persia trilogy), what is problematic is the idea that direct control over your character's movement immediately improves any game whereas this really isn't the case, especially when the developers don't do anything interesting with the movement, such as in Smite.
>>
>>377621341
>perfect balance
kek
>>
>>377643871
Okay I concede, platformers are the perfect category of games for third person.

>what is problematic is the idea that direct control over your character's movement immediately improves

Top down does give direct control though doesn't it? The movement is just through clicking rather than wasd.
>>
>>377618979
Dawngate
>>
>>377645070
your game was bad and it got shut down because it was bad
>>
>>377643871
Literal retard alert. Click-to-move was designed for games where you control multiple units. WASD was designed for games where you control a single unit. LeagueFags and Dotards are using an inferior control scheme because the developers were too scared to deviate on WC3's control scheme. Smite and Paragon had nothing to lose, so they actually innovated and improved game feel.

>especially when the developers don't do anything interesting with the movement, such as in Smite.
I know you're used to consuming what comes out of Valve/Riot's ass, but please don't talk out of your own ass. Smite heros fly around the map, leap into the air and fire projectiles, dash around, mount up, you name it. There are plenty of flaws to both games, but the controls are not one. You are either a shill or have stockholm syndrome if you think otherwise.
>>
>>377618979

Dota needs teamwork even though the meta says otherwise (carry will win the game mentality)

Unless you have friends, playing solo in Dota will get you angrier

LoL is just a performance based game (despite marketing it as team based esports gam), a single good player like a jungler left unattended can dominate the whole game without impunity, does not have complex "teamwork" mechanics.

If you love playing solo, you would have a good time and fun is derived from how gud you are.
>>
>>377645841
>DOTA
>Not a game where you control multiple units
>>
File: 1466515856161.jpg (27KB, 324x278px) Image search: [Google]
1466515856161.jpg
27KB, 324x278px
>>377618979
>HoN
Doesn't even deserve to be on the list

In all serious, either LoL or DotA for a more serious moba and HotS for a more causal one
>>
>>377618979
Heroes of the Sotrm is the Kino of mobas
>>
File: 1459583047877.jpg (51KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1459583047877.jpg
51KB, 600x600px
>>377645841
>Literal retard alert. Click-to-move was designed for games where you control multiple units.
The entire ARPG genre would like a word with you
>>
FIRST BLOOD
FOR SELEMAYNAYYY
AND THE DARK MUUN
>>
HotS is the easiest to learn and fastest to play

DotA is the deepest, and relatively fun, but is easily the most frustrating to play, especially when you are on the losing side, games are also generally longer.

LoL is somewhere in between when it comes to complexity, but IMO its the most fun of the three

t. guy with thousands of hours in dota and lol
>>
Dota 2 > Smite > HotS > LoL
>>
>>377648037
I have about the same stance, but a few shitty things about LoL keep me from being able to say it's my favorite without hating myself
>>
>>377620127
This. I was never into ASSFAGGOTS, but I heard about the promotion and rolled in. It's a nice simple game with minimum frustrating bullshit.
>>
>>377648037
Also, everything is more fun with friends so get some mates to join you
>>
>>377644956
>Top down does give direct control though doesn't it?
I suppose it depends on how you define it, but to me direct control means the player determines the pathing by himself. In Dota & co, you give the order to your unit to move to a location, and the unit moves there on its own.

Oh and obviously when saying top down, I assumed we were talking about Dota's control scheme and not other top down games like Gauntlet where you move around with wsad/arrow keys.

>>377645841
Nevermind that Dota has several heroes that control multiple units and a few items that allow you to control mobs (meaning having a control scheme that lets you control multiple units), whether its control scheme was originally designed to allow controlling multiple units is irrelevant (I could also mention clicking to move is present in most if not all PC hack and slash), being able to directly control your hero would add absolutely nothing on its own. This is because precise movement (which would be hampered by the turn rates anyway) isn't nearly as significant as positioning and prediction.
>>
>>377635683
Agree with everything but the smash bros comparison to HotS. HotS would be like a fighting game for mobile LOL
>>
File: 1440903084217.jpg (15KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1440903084217.jpg
15KB, 200x200px
Dota 2 if you want to get into competitive
Smite/Paragon if you want something slightly different
HotS if you just want to play casually
LoL/HoN if you're retarded

also

>Mobas
>>
>>377618979
Battlerite
>>
>>377653003
not an assfaggots
>>
1. Whatever your friends all will play with you
2. Anything but League
3. None of them

Honestly seen awful shit about people and League, wouldn't recommend.
>>
File: 1397837585420.jpg (20KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1397837585420.jpg
20KB, 200x200px
>>377621341
>>LoL
>Perfect balance
>>
File: 8e9.jpg (437KB, 800x608px) Image search: [Google]
8e9.jpg
437KB, 800x608px
>>377653003
>supports do everything better than everyone else: the game

no thanks
>>
>>377653764
Literally can't be more wrong.
>>
Smite is good, I have about 1,000 hours. Maybe not the most hardcore as its easy enough to get into and it has some light hearted/fun elements too but its more of an action kinda style. I think it is worth a try though.
Hi-Rez have mad some questionable decisions in recent times however.
>>
Skill ceiling
Dota>HoN>Smite>LoL>HotS

Skill floor
HotS>LoL>Smite>HoN>Dota

Fun potential
Dota>Smite>HoN>HotS

Rage potential
Dota>LoL>HoN>HotS
>>
Dota is a game where superior strategy and team play with allow you to overcome odds which in other mobas would be insurmountable.

Take game 5 of the recent Major as an example. Just watch the latest True Sight made by Valve.
>>
>>377618979
Smite is somewhat entertaining if you play the arena game mode. Constant combat makes for a very engaging experience. Smite's conquest (5v5 3 lanes) game mode is utter shit. Smite requires little grind to get characters to play. Sexy gods too. 300+ hours here

Dota 2 is very skill based, however, simple communication and combos can win the game ez pezy. The game itself is very sluggish. Games last too long. All characters are free, which sounds like a good thing, but there is nothing to grind for (compendium and rank aside). a lot of depth, almost too much. 500 + hours here

LoL is unbalanced fucking trash. Its normie shit that has super tight restrictions. Want to go bot as a certain character? enjoy getting reported etc.
I spent too much time on this shitty game.

Hots has some balance issues yet I've been playing it the most recently. Similar to smite's arena game mode its very engaging and gets the blood pumping cause your fighting all the time. All that aside though certain heroes are downright OP and UP, but by playing your cards right its not too bad. The heroes have good models and its fun to play old Warcraft and diabolic characters. Hots is getting some hate for many reasons.some say shared xp = no individual carrying yet I disagree. A single individual can often account for near 40% of entire siege damage / hero damage / or xp of an entire team, so you can carry. Or just be good at a certain assassin and roam a lot, get them kills .

I played Hon once and thought it looked cool and liked the dota vibe but it was far too dead.

mobas are a big time disposal, so watch out!
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.