[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What year did /v/ start to hate Minecraft?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 7

File: Minecraft.jpg (44KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
Minecraft.jpg
44KB, 630x630px
What year did /v/ start to hate Minecraft?
>>
2017 when Switshit confirmed to be a downgrade.
>>
Probably 2012 when it came out for Xbox 360 and all the autistic normans started playing it.
Minecraft was gaining traction among the mainstream before because of all the CoD youtubers that were playing it but the console port that didn't run like raw ass was the tipping point
>2011
>oh man minecraft is so cool
>i wish it was popular here
>2017
>even those little corner stores here in mexico sell minecraft trading cards and shit
>>
>>377617987
When I try searching for a faction server without autistic add-ons and can't find a single one.
>>
Around the time the term autism as an insult was popularized and associated with minecraft. It was also around the time notch started taking more vacations than actually working, around 2011.
>>
>>377617987

>i was 19 years old when minecraft was coming out

man i feel so fucking old and i'm still here
>>
File: minecrap 1.jpg (61KB, 618x620px) Image search: [Google]
minecrap 1.jpg
61KB, 618x620px
Oh yeah, Minecrap!
>>
Only thing there is to hate about Minecraft is its fanbase. Other than that, it's a pretty cool success story and a decent game.
>>
>>377620261
you will never leave
>>
>>377620382
Yeah. The creative aspect and the things people have done with building and redstone is amazing.

Fuck the 12 year old shits though.
>>
>>377620382

nah DQ builders and portal knights is what minecraft should have been. It's still an unfinished piece of shit
>>
I started playing when they added ladders. I stopped when it entered beta. Must have put 3000 hours into that fucking game.

I ran one of the very first all-vanilla servers as well. Was pretty popular. I think the blacklist was about 600 people long after the first 8 mo or so of hosting it. I was a little shit and had a no swearing rule, wew.

If anyone remembers, it was called The Forest Server. Man those were fun times. We were always anxious for the next update. And back then half of the stuff didn't work very well in multiplayer.
>>
File: 1492812854064.jpg (79KB, 336x455px) Image search: [Google]
1492812854064.jpg
79KB, 336x455px
Minecraft is honestly a good game.

The only things wrong with it are the fanbase and the fact that they forgot it's a survival game, not an RPG.
>>
Just now.
Trying to play mine craft with gf, she saw it on youtube, started playing, wants to play together.

make a hamachi server, and she can't even use Lan servers because there's no option for it on the new client. Minecraft costs 26 dollars now. I try to migrate my account to mojang and first they say I need parents permission to play, and then I have to pay 10 cents to prove i'm an adult, and its trying to make me buy a new account after I already migrated. This is so retarded. what the fuck happened to the game? I don't understand.
>>
>>377621265
122,000,000 sales happened. Notch was right to fuck off to a LA mansion and shitpost on twitter. It just got too big for its own good. it's a part of society and western culture now. It deserves it, but it is sad to see the fun game of indef years to become a Global Meme
>>
>>377617987
Late 2010 after august. Secret friday updates were the peak of minecraft and were replaced with sparse updates that contained less content had their features been individually ]released as secret friday updates.
>>

after the jungle update it went to shit
>>
>>377617987
I have never been able to get into it. The part where you have to dig for 20 minutes to even find anything just kills it for me, and I feel I'm not autistic enough to build retardedly complex shit in creative mode.
I'm sorry, I guess I'm not enough of a pants-shitting autist to hang out in here. I've failed you, /v/.
>>
In the beta, after i lost all my diamonds to lava.
>>
>>377617987
>le hive mind
You have to go back
>>
When Notch started having more vacation days than ones where he was actually developing the game. I can't honestly remember when that was, but that was when the mindset about the game here switched to generally negative one.
>>
I was over Minecraft when notch was shilling it here on /v/
>>
>>377621643
He's not wrong
>>
>>377618136
>Switshit
wat?
>>
>>377621643
It doesn't have to be about hivemind, but about general concensus of the board. Like it or not, there are some things that /v/ mostly agrees on.
That happens in any community.
>>
>>377622413
>>377621943
Woah guys tell me what to think about this
>>
>>377622584
Not sure
Captcha was lane leave btw
>>
>>377622584
/v/ are among the most educated and experienced gamers with some of the deepest understanding of video game design on the web. I would say their standpoints are highly trustworthy.
>>
>>377617987
looking for a modded server to play on now
>>
>>377617987
Probably 2013-ish, when Microsoft bought the IP and put out the Xbox-version

I personally fell off late 2012 to 2013, around when cats were added to the game (just a touchstone really)
I was tired of every update just adding more content and diluting what I felt was the charm of the game where there was very few animals, plant and mineral variety

I stuck with the Redstone scene for a while though, I donated to a RS plot-server to get my own private plot and build some shit
Some awesome electronics were made there, best ever made was Simon-Says I believe

I think one dude managed to make a 2 kB programmable computer (Stym was his name, and he admin'd the server)
>>
When they added hunger
>>
File: 1457878763046.jpg (34KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1457878763046.jpg
34KB, 500x333px
>>377622896
>>
>>377623236
>The Joke
>.
>.
>.
>.
>Your Head
>>
>>377623236
Hello Germany
>>
>>377623024
I recently opened a modded tech one but it's kinda shit
>>
>>377623395
>>377623485
Fuck off!
>>
>>377623531
mod list? ip? im looking for anythingt hat isnt laggy shit
>>
>>377623719
It's a 130-ish mod pack but even my laptop runs it with a full 64x Sphax patch at never less than 70 FPS and I used to run it on an intel HD 5500 at at least 45-70 fps
https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/flux-inc.888847

Mostly techy stuff like Thermal Expansion and the like
>>
>>377617987
When Notch released he could be so lazy and do basically nothing, not even really bare minimum, and get away with it. Didn't even have to take criticism he didn't like. Now look at him, a professional twitter shitposter sad that he has no friends because, holy fuck, they have to work. He basically just won the lottery in terms of how well minecraft played out for it, especially considering the origins.
I wouldn't even be mad if he did anything with that money, but he's mostly just sitting on it and still fucking complaining about it
>>
>>377617987
What, is /v/ a single person or something? I really like minecraft. A relaxing game. made an account in 2011. Stopped playing for years. When I log back in I'm told I should associate an email with this account. Fuck that. It's pretty cool having an OG account.
>>
>>377617987
Command blocks were a mistake.
>>
File: Brick.png (327B, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
Brick.png
327B, 150x150px
>>377620324
>>
>>377617987
When it became clear that Notch was never actually going to finish the game or delver on most of what he promised early in development.
>>
>>377625575
>I really like minecraft
No you don't
>>
1.8 had a huge dip on my interest but not releasing 1.9 when 1.9.x betas were better than 1.8 vanilla
But I thank 1.8 beta for making mods from simple shit like TMI to game changing stuff like Tekkit
Anyways where is FLAOTfag?
>>
>>377626624
You're right. I actually hate it. Probably the worst game in my collection. Thanks for helping me realize it. You're a pal.
>>
As soon as all the retards started playing it and it became mainstream
>>
>>377626705
I changed my mind, you like minecraft
>>
>>377625575
>He wasn't here when /v/ was the main sources of idea from Notch
Secret Update Fridays were the shit man you missed out
>>
>>377626780
Why don't people realize this is a god-tier game? Allows for true creativity and deep combat from 1.9. One of the best games in my collection.
>>
>>377617987
Whatever year it became popular.
>>
>>377620382
It proved a /v/irgin had better ideas on what vidya is supposed to be than the entire industry to the point where most vidyas today get inspiration from this
Can we dictate the industry to create that deep sea game we always wanted?
>>
>>377621020
This. You can also claim that it's what started the whole open world survival crafting early access game craze which is the purest form of money scamming cancer on steam right now but that's not really their fault.
>>
So, everyone in this thread is so new they can't even remember ?

I'll give you a hint, it happened right when notch left /v/ and went to reddit so he could get his egocock sucked, and as usual reddit ruins everything it touches so minecraft a game that had an incredible potential turned into shit
>>
>>377627132
Notch was never "the industry" though. He was just one guy who eventually got a team of dudes before taking the money and running. You'll never be able to influence "the industry" because most of /v/ is absolutely not their intended demographic anymore and hasn't been for a long time. If you want your deep sea game you're probably gonna have to make it yourself.
>>
>>377626924
>It took ages to copy the Battlegear mod but doesn't include the guns, throwing knives, and cannons
>It also took age to copy mo'creatures which has been around since forever
Fuck the new devs
At least Notch and Jeb integrated pistons accurately
>>
>>377617987

I don't hate Minecraft. I just played it to death like 6 years ago, so there's no reason for me to play it.
>>
>>377620382
Minecraft is a badly made game, reached about 5% of its potential
I still don't understand why any competent developers have made a Minecraft-style game that's actually good considering how widly successful it was
>>
>>377617987
>/v/ hates minecraft because it's a normie game
>/v/ loves breath of the wild despite it's being a normie game
>>
>>377627345
Isn't that around the first minecon (the one in Sweden) ?
The nether was the last big good update
The rest were just knockoffs of mods like mo creatures and pistons
>>
>>377621020
Yea. I wish they did more with the survival aspect of the game.
>>
>>377617987

When the mods started to need a degree in engineering to understand.

Also I have no fucking idea how new players get into modding, They all seem to think that most of the well used mods are common knowledge to everyone in the world and dont explain shit
>>
>>377628240
>When the mods started to need a degree in engineering to understand.

Heh. This idiot here.
>>
>>377617987
It was always a piece of shit. Fuck off, go play something good like Bubsy 3D or Roblox. Also kill yourself, it makes the job quicker. ;)
>>
>>377617987
After beta 1.73
>>
>>377628337

H-h-h-h-heh -adjusts fedora-

Nothin personal, idiot -adjusts 2 liter of dew in pants-
>>
File: banana.jpg (37KB, 500x560px) Image search: [Google]
banana.jpg
37KB, 500x560px
>>377628616

Damn it was easy to piss you off.

hehe
>>
>>377628240
A lot of magic and technic mods have in-game guides that you can craft, some easier to understand than others. Then there are the goddamn ender io and thermal expansion mods.
>>
>>377627664
>>/v/ hates minecraft because it's a normie game
>nintendo-drones loves breath of the wild despite it's being a normie game
Fixed for You
>>
>>377622896
The only thing we're knowledgeable about is shitposting
>>
>>377617987
the first time i saw a skydoesminecraft video
>>
Just before beta release. When we realised that Notch betrayed us and stopped working.
>>
>>377617987
When Notch went on vacation, then started implementing ideas not given to him by /v/.

So, around the hunger update.
>>
File: mc.gif (1MB, 250x184px) Image search: [Google]
mc.gif
1MB, 250x184px
>>377622896
>/v/ are among the most educated and experienced gamers with some of the deepest understanding of video game design on the web.
>>
>>377617987
Adventure update.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.