[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that things have settled down, how do you feel about this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Yooka_Featured.jpg (279KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Yooka_Featured.jpg
279KB, 1920x1080px
Now that things have settled down, how do you feel about this game?
>>
>>377617736
It's fun to play every now and then.
It's nowhere as near as good as Banjo, even though Dunkey is funny about it, his comments on the game feel pretty accurate. I miss how the worlds had themes that carried across the world you were exploring along with the characters, puzzles, and missions. The side characters, the mission givers, whatever you want to call them are the same ones each time and it's kinda bland. The powers were very fun, but the timer for the elemental spit was annoying. The transformations were pretty meh for me too.

All in all it's like a 6/10, I'd recommend it getting it if it's on sale. The characters and worlds are just not as charming.
>>
File: 1473820924026.png (3KB, 97x63px) Image search: [Google]
1473820924026.png
3KB, 97x63px
>>377617736
I had fun with it and even though I've heard a lot of complaints for the game I don't really understand some of them still. For example I hear people disliking how it controls and how the worlds are big but neither things never bothered me & I certainly never found them to feel empty beyond Capital Cashino. The things that did bother me were enemy variety and how shit like Rextro's mini-games were boring as fuck and required you to do them twice even if you got the High Score the first time around, it was obnoxious. Also the first 2 bosses were lame but I liked the latter 3, they were fun. By the way, I had no camera issues beyond that first boss, the first boss had me fidgeting back & forth from a fixed camera to a free one when I was trying to heal and it killed me twice but the rest of the game was just fine.

I feel like I'm sucking this game's dick & being contrarian but 7/10, would replay easily but Banjo-Kazooie & Tooie are definitely better.
>>
>>377617736
It alright.

But people want it to be perfect, "Banjo-Kazooie" quality, but didn't.
>>
>>377619605
Yeah. Tooie, at least in my eyes, fixed most if not all the problems Banjo Kazooie had. The worlds of Tooie were just so much better than both Banjo Kazooie and Yooka
>>
25 pages a level was too much
>>
collecting things is so fun
>>
>>377617736
I like it and it was what I expected to be, a cut down version of Banjo Kazooie. This was made for collectathon fans, and with what they had they provided. Of course any more would be great but since the playtonic team didn't have any company backing from them I didn't expect them to go beyond this.
>>
>>377619506
What this anon said. Game is fun, not great and certainly not on Kazooie or Tooie level but still enjoyable.
I'm looking forward to the DLC too.
>>
>>377619605
Banjo Kazooie isn't perfect it's actually pretty shitty.
>>
>>377619967
It's the tradeoff for having only half the worlds of Kazooie or Tooie.
>>
I will say that for the most part, the worlds aren't that hard to navigate. Not only do you have opportunities to put eyes on most of any world at any given time, but there are clear landmarks everywhere, so you can never really get lost (Icymetric Castle notwithstanding).
>>
>>377621192
I know I would rather have less pages it just feels like filler
>>
Haven't played it, but it seems ok for 20€.
>>
>>377617736

it's an ok game, most people thought i would be the 2nd coming of christ, because their favorite jewtubers told them so, and they were disappointed after they found out, that they have nostalgic collection to BK or B2 and dismissed as a "boring collect-athon" (*cough* """"professional"""" game journos *cough*)
>>
>>377621923
The difference is that Y-L never positioned itself as the savior of anything, not like Mighty Number 9 did. This was portrayed from the very beginning as a passion project by a bunch of guys who really wanted to make Banjo 3.
>>
>>377622320

never said it, but it was pushed on the same pedestal, because of the attention
>>
World 1 was the only one that felt finished. Bosses were hilariously trash. The minigames were shit and having to play them twice even if you beat every highscore on the first try was insulting. I want to punch whoever approved the quiz. I know BK had a quiz but that was a boardgame thing where you could actually collect the answers through exploration beforehand, not a straight line with questions like "quick how long have you played, 1000 hrs, 5 hrs 36 mins or 5 hours 37 mins?"

I like collect athon gameplay but this was just sad, not to mention you dont get anything for collecting everything and quills don't matter.
>>
>>377617736
I liked it

People that think BK is the best shit need to remove the gogs
>>
>>377623039
Collecting all 200 quills in a world counts as a pagie.
>>
>>377623815
yes but you only need a 100 pagies to finish the game and you dont get anything extra for collecting all pagies outside of a single useless tonic for a new game plus. The moves are so cheap because they have to be which makes the quill cost pointless in the first place and there are not note doors either
>>
>>377617736
Its banjo tooie
it hurts me they didn't went with kazooie
but eh 6/10
>>
Great example for PR Disaster

A really fucking dumb move
>>
I didn't buy it, but I might when it goes on sale.
>>
I'm literally about to play it tonight

Any tips or shit I should know
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.