[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heroes of Might & Magic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: header.jpg (50KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
50KB, 460x215px
What went wrong? No really, why does Ubisoft keep raping this series, and the Might & Magic games in general?
>>
Because they are fucking idiots.

Check out Smite Tactics. Its 3d models have great art style and look ten times better than any recent Homm games, which is fucking sad. And combat and everything is much better too. It's a real fucking disgrace they can't even uphold the legacy. Really fucking sad.
>>
Good question.

I guess selling HOMM to nostalgiafags like me just isn't enough. At the same time they can't get normalfags to buy these games so less funds are allocated every time and they get shittier with every iteration.
>>
>>377615117
loved homm2, got homm3, couldn't get into it
>>
>>377615689
This. It's clear from the egregious technical issues that still haven't been fixed in VII that they just don't care. Despite having the Ubisoft logo tramp stamped on it, the game is hardly any different from an indie title that never left early access.
>>
File: 1465954771852.gif (187KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1465954771852.gif
187KB, 320x240px
>>377615117
Why's the RPG open world genre moved so far away from party based gameplay to solo hero?

Games like MM6/7 were fucking fantastic in part because unlike solo hero games, you could actually have a versitile party with some people maxing magic and some being tanky knights, some healing and some being utility. In solo games if you do anything but min-max it often sucks, playing a half mage/half knight/half healer tends to leave you spread too thin to have any impact

Plus it means when you look light mage armour/heavy plate/whatever it can always go to some party member, instead of the solo hero not using most of it
>>
>>377615117
Ubisoft is incompetent. They keep changing the game up when the majority of the playerbase are autistic Russians that just want to play a fancier HOMM 3
>>
>>377615552
>some shitty card game #56467
>anywhere like homm

Have you even played a HOMM game before?
>>
>>377615117
Why the fuck can't Ubishit hire those Russians from Nival to make another great HoMM game? HoMM5 was arguably the best game in the series.
>>
>>377617812
>some shitty card game #56467
>anywhere like homm

Clearly I am talking about the gameplay/combat and how board, units and game mechanics work.

But of course, any game that has cards is the same copy of hearthstone.
It's not about gameplay and execution, nah, your brain is too small to understand that.
Just like you idiots think for example Faeria, which has complex board, movement and manipulation, is a shitty hearthstone card game clone. Any card game is just shitty clone, clearly.
HoMM could have card mehanics by units looking like cards too, its just one way of having resources.

Think for yourself you ignorant fuck instead of blindly following 4chan's stupid opinions.
>>
>>377619156
No, this time it's a shitty copy of duelyst which is an already shit game.
>>
>>377619156
Not him, but looking at the game footage, it looks like a shitty version of Etherlords.
>>
because Ubishit set every last dev they had onto making Asscreed so they could pump a new Asscreed game out every 5 months. Russians decided to just develop HoMM games themselves and proceeded to do so.
>>
How is 7?
After some time I decided to up 6 from the garbage to the "tolerable but boring"
>>
>>377620006
7 is shittier than 6. No HoMM game is worth playing after 5.
>>
File: 1464005255107.jpg (410KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1464005255107.jpg
410KB, 800x800px
>>377619156
>ASSFAGGOTS
>TF2 Clone
>Card game

Can these stupid faggots do anything remotely original? Legitimately just copying whatever garbage gets popular.
>>
>>377620006
I remember not liking it but I completely forgot why.
>>
>>377615117
The moment they didn't add the sci-fi elements into Heroes V was the moment it was going to go bad.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.