[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Factorio help pl0x

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: busted-steam-engine.jpg (44KB, 204x464px) Image search: [Google]
busted-steam-engine.jpg
44KB, 204x464px
Factorio newb here, again

I updated to 0.15 and my power plant went down

For started, the 1x1 boiler is now 2x3 and has to be hooked up differently - but even after fixing that, the steam engine isn't doing anything

Could anyone look at this devilishly simple setup and tell me what's wrong?
>>
OP, in 0.15 steam now exists. You need to pipe the steam that comes out of the boilers (you can see the tiny pipe section on the right) and connect it to the steam engine.
Also the power ratio is completely different now, one boiler is hugely more powerful than before and can feed two engines by itself.

Current optimal setup is 1/10/20 instead of the old 1/14/10
>>
>>377614252
Thanks for the tip. Guess I'll just start a new factory, because I've got some tightly packed stuff here that'll take hours to rebuild with the new connections
>>
>>377614252
Yeah, was gonna post this. Really wish they made figuring how much steam each produces a bit easier, but whatever.
They also eat more coal now, but it's not a huge difference.
>>
2 steam engines for each boiler, 10 boilers for each offshore pump
>>
>>377614613
>They also eat more coal now, but it's not a huge difference.
They eat more coal because they are a lot more effective. The whole setup is so much better now, with the powerplants being much more modular (you can actually expand them on the fly much more easily) and it looks a hell of a lot better.
>>
is this worth getting yet? it looks fun but i don't wanna build a ton of shit just to start over
>>
File: 20170517025446_1.jpg (591KB, 1916x1014px) Image search: [Google]
20170517025446_1.jpg
591KB, 1916x1014px
>>377613909
OP, you have to do this now with steam pipes.
>>
>>377617485
There's only one more major update and then the release update after that.
And trust me, you'd be ready to start a new world long before the next update.
>>377615663
Agreed on it being way better and looking so much better too.
Especially when you can stuff a ton of them easily in a Factorissimo small factory.
>>377619138
You know, I never thought of balancing steam output. That gives me a good idea actually.
>>
I've watched this from afar it looks fun but also like it would make me feel like the massive retard that I actually am.
>>
is factorio a comfy game? the demo i played seemed a bit awkward especially with the rabid monsters bum-rushing me every so often. but the sight of building up power networks and so on lights my inner autism spark.
>>
>>377620227
Vanilla is not that hard

>>377620243
You can minimize the biters or completely remove them with a mod. In 0.15 there are very flexible difficulty settings that you can change
>>
>>377620243
You can in the game settings:

>make enemies easier
>reduce pollution (which is why they attack)
>disable them attacking
>disable their bases from spreading (so after you kill a base it's permanently gone)
>>
New science is so fucking resource-hungry.
>>
>>377621080
That's the whole point tho.
>7 Science Packs, 6 of which you can get before rockets
Also, setting up efficient belting for 7 packs is ridiculous.
>>
>>377613909
This game is so godly optimised it can run with thousands of active objects, huge distant factories conneted with rail network all surronded by constantly expanding enemy bases that raid your shit and still have 60 fps. The devs are fucking wizards. I bet it handles much more stuff than DF, yet the game doesn't suffer from any kind of fps death, unless you install hundreds of mods maybe. That's some really impressive math behind this game.
>>
>>377620243
It's extremely comfy, one of the most comfies game's I have ever played.

Your factory is like big city, it lives it's own life. You just walk around making small improvements.

For maximum comfy you can set resources to very low frequency, and build long train network. You can just hop in train and ride around the map for fun.

Enemies can be disabled. They're not necessary for a game, but I recommend to play with them with your first factory.

>>377621303
>Also, setting up efficient belting for 7 packs is ridiculous.
Not at all. Just feed them into one lab and connect the rest with inserters.
>>
>>377621424
Actually, if your runs go into the hundreds of hours and your PC isn't the strongest, you'll probably start to dip hard.
>>
>>377621436
>Just feed them into one lab and connect the rest with inserters
Somehow, this never occurred to me.
>>
>>377621605
You mean from bloated save file?
>>
>>377621605
I get FPS drop when I'm in the middle of factory and zoom out above certain level.

It's happening before new graphics, and in every factory. It's fucking weird and annoying.
>>
>>377622068
It's mostly aliens outside of your visible range. The game tracks every building, every worm, every biter, and spitter.
A 200+ hour game with heavy Alien spawns is liable to dip your frames to the 10s if you have a huge base. Using Commands to kill all nests and then Aliens will instantly jump you to 60FPS once the lag from that huge a change lets up.
>>
>>377622461
Just use strategic artillery mod.
>>
didnt this game used to have the steam workshop?

it doesnt now
>>
>>377623051
Yes, they made their own modsite and now you can download mods straight from the game too.
>>
>>377623051
It did not
>>
>>377623138
but before i could just click a button, now i have to find a folder and drag and drop shit
>>
>>377613909
You connected it wrong.
>>
>>377623258
You can still click a button from the game menu.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.