[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has an advertisement for a game ever convinced you to buy it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Has an advertisement for a game ever convinced you to buy it? Not like a game trailer, but an actual ad that pops up in the corner of a website or something.
>>
>>377604375
No, Mr Marketer
That shit just doesn't work
>>
I bought Littlewitch Romanesque and Saya no Uta from the J-List ads on this site before. Too bad Hiro sold out and now I have to use Adblock on 4chan to avoid the horse shit ads that turn up here.
>>
Back when I was a kid and went on newgrounds the ads for MapleStory made me want to play it. That's about all I can remember.
>>
I've always used adblocks and I don't watch TV so no
>>
>>377604375
No.
>>
>>377604375
Not directly. I know that if a named product is seen enough times in places a customer feels is safe they'll choose it over another product they haven't seen. Even if the exposure was banner ads or preroll YouTube ads. Think like a mum buying a game for her kid.
>>
>>377604375
Sonic 06
I thought it would be open world. I didn't read reviews or watch gameplay stuff. Took it back the day later said it was broken got it changed for a couple shitty ps2 games. Lost 40 mins to that piece of trash.
>>
I was playing WipeOut XL before Redbull had come to the US. I'd see all this billboards for it and the idea of some kind of futuristic "energy drink" (there was no such thing at the time) really intruiged me. WipeOut also introduced me to techno, so the atmosphere of the game really had a 4th dimensional feel to it.

When it turned out Redbull was a real drink and they started selling it in the US I was immediately fucking hooked.

Game advertising at its absolute most effective
>>
>>377604375
That new releases thing that pops up when you log into steam introduced me to Ori and the Blind Forest, glad it did.
>>
These adds do little to absolutely nothing to convince anyone to buy a game.
What they do is remind them that the game is out or coming out. And yeah, it did happen to me once or twice where I saw an add banner and went "Huh, I remember being interested in that a year ago, but then completely forgot about it. Maybe I should look it up, see if it turned out any good." And it ended up in me googling up, seeing reviews/in-game footage etc... and eventually buying the damn thing.

That is pretty much all that they have been designed to do too. I can't imagine anyone seeing a banner or an add like that and thinking "wow, that just made me feel like the game is worth buying". Only "wow that made me realize that thing exists - maybe I'll want to follow up on it again."
>>
I've been known to resubscribe to EVE of an ad reminds me of it when I'm jonesing for a space game
>>
>>377604375
Almost bought into the two Automata commericals;
1. /v/ hypermen literally shilling this piece of shit.
2. Videos showing off the combat and the nonstop allusions to DMC/Bayo.
>>
>>377604375
Definitely. But I wouldn't know which games: advertising goes straight for your subconscious. Scary really.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.