[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: the most overrated games in their respective franchise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

File: 1446664498193.jpg (41KB, 256x361px) Image search: [Google]
1446664498193.jpg
41KB, 256x361px
ITT: the most overrated games in their respective franchise
>>
>>377601836
You first OP
>>
>>377601836
that's not BBS
>>
How can the best game in the series be the most overrated?
>>
>>377602406
>>377603292
>>377603387
Proved my point.
>>
>>377603725
?
>>
File: Crisis_Core.png (80KB, 300x515px) Image search: [Google]
Crisis_Core.png
80KB, 300x515px
This game is fucking stupid, Zack was literally the only reason why I played all the way to the end.
>>
>>377604497
this game is dumb. fuck this extended universe
>>
>>377604497
I don't know how in the world they thought that DMW shit was a good idea
>>
>>377603725
>If something rightfully cements itself as the best, it's overrated because people like it
Hurr durr
>>
>>
File: $ (1).jpg (5KB, 140x116px) Image search: [Google]
$ (1).jpg
5KB, 140x116px
>>377601836
you faggots post this thread everyday give it a rest
>>
File: MGS2Box.jpg (106KB, 640x908px) Image search: [Google]
MGS2Box.jpg
106KB, 640x908px
>>
>>377601836
KH2 is the only game in the series with a properly thought out combat system. Like, in terms of game design aka the most important shit it's the best and whatever dumb fucking reasons you have for disliking it don't mean shit.
>>
verb (used with object), overrated, overrating.
to rate or appraise too highly; overestimate:
I think you overrate their political influence.
There you go OP, now you know what the word means :)
>>
>>377604771
I'll fucking cut you
>>
>>377604497

I vomit a little in my mouth when anyone says this game is good.
>>
>>377608705
>instead of improving on KH1's flawed level design, it just removed level design altogether
>way fewer secrets compared to 1
>way less environmental interactivity compared to 1
>generally inferior cutscene direction compared to 1
>Disney worlds/characters are far less relevant to the main story compared to 1
>Disney world scenarios/plots are weaker than 1's and are generally rehashes of the original movies (often word-for-word, with a SORA DONALD AND GOOFY occasionally thrown in)
>no league of villains
>Maleficent is a joke
>no rival character (like Riku in 1)
>no reason to revisit most worlds except when forced to
>almost all of the second visits are pointless filler
>too many original characters
>plot is extremely convoluted
>Twilight Town intro is too long and not as effective as Destiny Islands
>Sora went from slightly naive to completely retarded
>companions are way less useful than in 1, with the exception of a few overpowered limits
>auto-limit is annoying and enabled by default
>while the magic system does discourage heal spam, it also discourages using magic in general (and there's no magic-based environmental puzzles, or white mushrooms)
>enemies' elemental weaknesses often make no sense
>no tech EXP
>no dodge roll
>Guard is less satisfying than 1's
>Explosion is overpowered (as are finishers in general)
>mini-games are "cleaner" than 1's but also lack charm (especially in 100 Acre Wood)
>mission-based structure of most worlds is too restrictive and not organic, KH1 put more faith in the player to figure things out (even making you talk to NPCs in some cases)

I was hyped for KH2 for years and the final product was disappointing. At the end of the day it's the worst KH game and the most overrated video game of all time.
>>
File: C59BckMWUAEFPsZ.jpg-medium.jpg (101KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
C59BckMWUAEFPsZ.jpg-medium.jpg
101KB, 1024x576px
>>
File: cloud-and-tifa.jpg (1MB, 1273x1123px) Image search: [Google]
cloud-and-tifa.jpg
1MB, 1273x1123px
>>377604497
I'm a huge fanboy for FF7, and I have no idea how this piece of shit is considered remotely good in the first place, whether compared to the original FF7 or not. The gameplay was extremely repetitive and peppered with annoying bullshit i.e the DMW system, new characters were worse than terrible OC donutsteels, returning characters were flanderized to shit, they couldn't even get the story right.
>>
>>377608889
goddammit someone beat me to it

at least its good to know someone has good taste out there
>>
File: 12909_front.jpg (71KB, 640x908px) Image search: [Google]
12909_front.jpg
71KB, 640x908px
It was a good game but far from the pinnacle of the franchise.
>>
>>377604771
fuck off sotn was good for its time

if nothing else it's better than when the handheld games went full animu artstyle and the lord of shadows shitshow started
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.