[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

elder scrolls online

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

File: eso.jpg (92KB, 963x636px) Image search: [Google]
eso.jpg
92KB, 963x636px
brehs I need to know if it's worth downloading 90 FUCKING GBs for one game. I mean what the fuck?
>>
>>377600785
well as someone who has been addicted to the game twice, and has recently just got over my 2nd addiction to it. I would say skip it anon.
play something more entertaining and less grinding
>>
>>377600785
>90gb
Jesus Christ, at some point a company must question if it isnt worth invest in some compression solutions.
>>
>>377600785
It's not. That's almost 10% of a normal comcast user's monthly data limit.
>>
>>377601845
Todd leaves minor stuff like compression and optimization to his lackeys aka modders
>>
File: hesabigguy.png (1MB, 699x1024px) Image search: [Google]
hesabigguy.png
1MB, 699x1024px
>>377602090
'cept zenimax developed it.

todd had nothing to with it

that said he's still a lying faggot.
>>
>>377600785
It's not. The game used to be quite decent after they have fixed it, but then they fucked it up again last December with the "One Tamriel" patch.

Essentially, your character becomes weaker the more levels you get. Someone on level 10 is going to out dps you by +70% if you are level 148. This is true in PvP and PvE. Not only you get weaker and less benefit from your stats as opposed to players below level 50, but you also get a gear penalty. This gear penalty gets procedually worse if you don't wear current level gear. Someone on level 20 can easily do trials for legendary gear, which costs like 1k in the end for a complete set. Someone on level 180 will have a hard time completing trials because he's weak as fuck and not only that, but a single gear piece costs 80k to produce, just to keep up with the 200 gold cost per item of the level 20 guy. This isn't the only benefit though. Going into higher levels awards you CP, which can be put into minor passive skills. However, any character you have profits off them, regardless of the level, therefore there's no point in playing high level characters unless you want to feel weak as fuck.

If you want to make people especially mad, make a level 26 PvP Mag NightBlade, craft yourself legendary mag gear. You deal slightly over 75k damage by using Soul Assault out of invisibility like that. It oneshots anyone in PvP, thanks to this retarded system where higher level players get weaker the more levels they have.

Anyway, I've played this for 2 years, don't bother unless you just want to quest and get into the story (hint: it sucks)
>>
>>377601845
its 90gb because 30gb of it is compressed voice acting as every quest and dialogue is voice acted
>>
>>377600785
It's like 3 games togethers, so I think 90 is fine. It's loads of fun. Just don't expect Skyrim combat. Gameplay is a bit different.
But
>Good quests
>good characters
>good music
>great crafting
>>
>>377602895
Oh shit, what the fuck happened. I last played it a year back and fucking loved it.
Then I heard it changes the region scaling (stupid but I guess with they wanted players to be able to play with each other) and other stuff. What is this One Tamriel patche exactly? What's the logic?
>>
eh I'll let it install and check it out. are there any early game mistakes I can make that will come back and bite me in the ass 50 hours later? like stat allocation or whatever. hardest part about picking up any MMO is that there's like 500 pages of wikis you need to read before you even jump into the game.
>>
File: Pay per View on Volg.jpg (133KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
Pay per View on Volg.jpg
133KB, 960x544px
>>377602895

>Lying on the internet

The only thing battle leveling does is scale up your stats according to your current HP/Stamina/Mana distribution.

The more you level up, the more skills you have and ultimately even with battle leveling a level 50 person is still going to kick a level 20's ass.

The only thing battle leveling means is that each zone is no longer level locked, though they still have max levels it will scale too.
>>
>>377602895
I can both confirm and add to what this anon said.
on top of this, now all farming mats are leveled to your skills you havin in the mats and the level you are, meaning if you get to cp160, where you need the highest level mat to make gear, but like me you are a master grafter who makes gear for lower evels, well fat chance of finding anything other than cp160 mats anywhere but in guild stores, random drops for dalies or creating alts and keeping them at a specific level to consistently farm the mats.

Amongst other things 1T fucked up the economy. That isn't even including the cancerous guild traders and irl scammers fucking up the economy too
>>
>>377603334
Mistakes? Not too many. Maybe read up on the races to see benefits. Some races fit certain classes better, but none is very restrictive. At best focus on which skills use magicka/stamina.
But I can think of NO mistakes that hurt you.
MAYBE skill point usage? But if you use a character and do EVERY alliance and EVERYTHING: you'll have enough skillpoints for every skill eventually. So even that isn't too dangerous. And you can pay (in game money) to reset it if you feel really bad. I did it only once because I realized I want to do something vastly different.
However, I can give you tips on beginning which might save you some efforts. Nothing you won't learn on your own but stuff you might like to know early on.
>>
>>377603334
>like stat allocation or whatever
you can respec, only things that matter is your race and clas, depending on what type of role dps you want to be some races and classes are better than other.for the main story try to make sure you get the intimidation and persuasion perks in the fighters and mage guild skill lines just to make the quests easier and less legwork
>>
>>377603254
I don't get it either, I fucking loved the game up to that point.

The purpose of the One Tamriel patch was to remove the levels on enemies, so friends can play with their friends in what would've been differently leveled regions. This never made sense to me, because level never really mattered anyway in regions. You could easily do level 40 regions as a level 10 already.

>>377603418

The "You have more skills to distribute" is a fallacy, my man. If you compare 50 points spent into stamina versus someone who has 10 points spent in it, you will see that the person with the lower level has 33k HP and 38k Stamina, versus the person with 50 points in stamina who now has 17k hp and 42k stamina.

It's disproportionate. Sure, you have 4k more stamina, but you also now have almost 50% less hp.

Someone with 25 more points in skills is not going to magically beat someone on a lower level, simply because of 5% passives. This has never been the case in PvP. It might hold true for casual characters who invest into everything evenly, but if you build efficiently, you are always better than anyone else above your level.

Either way, you can have this opinion as the mentioned casual, who plays the game for the quests and never wonders why all enemies take 7 attacks to kill, with the number of attacks steadily rising with the more levels you have. But ask yourself this; Why is the trial meta to have a leader who is below level 30 and no one above that? You're undermining your own intelligence if you honestly think a level 99 has a competitive edge above someone who is level 20, especially when veteran ranks can only craft gear every 20 levels, which gives you a 80% gear penalty on your stats.
>>
ESO is a worth a go. Its one of the few games in the genre that isn't just a carbon copy of WoW.
>>
The combat system is trash and its really unresponsive.
I don't know what they were thinking designing this.
>>
File: 1404670228204.jpg (35KB, 335x333px) Image search: [Google]
1404670228204.jpg
35KB, 335x333px
>>377603895

I dunno, I've only done some PvP as level 20 but my expierence has been that all the other, higher level players still wipe the floor with me so I guess I can't really comment.

Being a sorceror is pretty fun though, something about storm call and dark magic is really satisfying
>>
>>377603804
I didn't even think of this, but yeah, it's a problem. You need like level 40 farmers for mid tier mats, because endgame mats are cheap as fuck, but since drops are tied to your level, midgame mats are expensive to come by.
>>
Is it possible to just start in Morrowind? I started this a few months back and was bored to tears. Also what the fuck? Didn't Bethesda bitch that it's too much work to remake Morrowind because they'd need to remake the worldspace and they turn around and do this shit?
>>
>>377603804
>However, I can give you tips on beginning which might save you some efforts.

I'm listening my dude. this download is a few hours away from complete anyway.

side question to anyone: any addons that you really recommend?
>>
>>377604173
Bethesda's last comments on a Morrowind remake were that the quality of life changes added with Oblivion and Skyrim would be too jarring for modern Scrolls fans to handle so they'd have to completely rework how Morrowind plays to make it palatable to them

Basically, they said Skyrim/Oblivion kiddies are too casual for Morrowind.
>>
File: Rodd.png (1018KB, 809x829px) Image search: [Google]
Rodd.png
1018KB, 809x829px
>>377600785
Yes, anon.
I found this game very funny and entertaining. You should definitely download the game.
Don't forget to buy the dlcs also
>>
>>377603804
Tips:

>Crafting
To learn trait for skills (like Sharpen: Gives better crit chances), you need to spend real time researching it. SO START EARLY. Immediately start researching! Each craft has it's own timer.
However: Crafting requires skillpoints. And with 5+ skills in crafting, you will spend lots of points. Having a designated crafting character isn't a good idea, at least not early game (totally possible though). So you might want to create several characters that will each do separate crafting skills (1-3).
HOWEVER: Don't feel you must begin by making 4 characters in your first hour and work with each one daily. Just start with one character and have them do 2-3 crafting skills. And when you tire, make the second and have them other skills.

You COULD Make several characters and pass prologue (skippable 2nd time) and have them all research parallel if you really want. but the timer can be halved over and over with skillpoints which requires quest completion.

>Useful tips
-Alchemy is for potions to restore stats (magicka/health/stamina). Carry a few around and use when needed
-Cooking makes STAT boosting items! Low level will only last half an hour and one stat but higher allows up to TWO hours and ALL stats. I personally eat a food, do whatever, and eat again when timer is done. I highly recommend it if you can spare the cash to buy materials or buy the food.
-Explore each region fully before going on. You generally zigzap across the map to get all stuffs. Every city has quests and so does every landmark/town.
>>377603857
Don't need persuade/intimidate ever, but yes, it cuts down running around.
>>
>>377600785

I also fell for the low price but got surprised when I saw the fuckhuge client size. I don't think it's worth it, to be honest, the game is 90gb but still looks like shit.

>>377602036
>monthly data limit

wow, what kind of 3rd hole shithole do you live?
>>
>>377604352
>Don't need persuade/intimidate ever, but yes, it cuts down running around.

Get them at all cost before running dungeons. They're essential to complete dungeon quests and it's just 2 points, although other people might have them as well in your group, but its better to be safe.
>>
>>377604210
>addons
GREAT question:
There are some map addons. I wish I could recall all I used but one useful one is:
>Lorebooks
Mage Guild 'skill' increases by finding these books. This addon marks your map for them. Helps alot.
Another is obvious
>Spirit crystal
Or whatever it's called. Same logic. Marks it.
If you explore fully, you shouldn't NEED them but it helps alot as it can be annoying.

I think there might be a UI addon but I never used it.
>>377604442
If you didn't play it, why post your opinions? Most people have several terabyte Ex-HD.
>>
>>377604352
>Don't need persuade/intimidate ever
it takes a crap load of legwork away and especially in coldharbour main quest.
]you can always respec for the points back later.
On my main I have done everything in the pve zones and dlc. I levelled every skill and morph, got every skillpoint but cyrodil ranks and imp city and have respec tons of times. those perks were very useful
those per
>>
>>377604578
>If you didn't play it, why post your opinions? Most people have several terabyte Ex-HD.

I did play it, that's why I said it looked like shit you lobotomized memelover.
>>
>>377604578
I was thinking of addons that makes thing slightly better, not outright show me where to go on a map since I like exploring on my own.

anyway, if I want to play a sorcerer, should I put all my stats into magic or should I also spend some points on health? do you have any general sorcerer tips?
>>
>>377604352
MORE TIPS
Join all guilds immediately, as they level up as you do certain in game stuff.

No reason NOT to join Mage's Guild as a fighter or vice versa.

>Undaunted
This is a multiplayer guild really. You basically join other players in completing dungeons. Cool questions, hard bosses. But totally separate from the rest of the game. Unnecessary 100%. I've done a few dungeons. They're fun. But can NOT be done alone (not allowed).

>Group dungeons
Each region has one dungeon that's freakign tough alone but you CAN do them. They all have ONE spirit shard. You can just run through and risk death. They have 2 quests as well and achievements for killing boss.

>dolmens
A group event where you kill monsters and basically "seal the oblivion gate". But it's not a pain in the ass. Can be done alone but it's not easy.

>World bosses
Random monsters that spawn but are boss tier. Group again, but can be done alone with skill.

I recommend doing any of these but no hurry. Dolmens level up Fighters Guild.

Yes: the 3 guilds (Fighter, Mage, Undaunted) work as skills. Level up the skills and get access to some new abilities. None are overly useful but people DO use them.

>Vampires and werewolves
basically an addition skill-line. Gotta makes friends if you want to EASILY become one (once a week, someone can bite you), but you can get it naturally by monsters. Just rare.
This is 'late' game stuff though (technically not, as you can play all 3 alliances with one character as well as expansions, etc). Basically, each alliance has 5-6 regions. This requires reaching 4th region (you CAN do it earlier, as travel is pretty much the only requirement and being bitten), however the related quest can be tough if you are underleveled. I heard some scaling stuff changed but don't know it's effect.

>Abilities
You get like... 6 or something on a skillbar. I don't remember. You will unlock double weapon stuff at level 15. Allows you switch weapons. What I do is make a SECOND set of -
>>
>>377604764
Definitely get an UI addon, unless you really like the Skyrim'ish UI (I personally don't).

Otherwise, if you don't want spoilers, you don't need anything else.

I used AUI

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info919-AUI-AdvancedUI.html

It's everything you need if you set it up as you wish it to be. I'd definitely enable the floating damage in it. Don't know any other essentials, there were a few roleplay things such as auto stow, but it honestly doesn't really matter because the game is pretty customizeable in itself.
>>
>>377605081
>second set of the same weapons
This way, I have 12 abilities instead.

Also, you have an ultimate ability. For werewolves, turning into a werewolf is the ultimate (which allows you to use werewolf abilities.). There's an easy as fuck way to master werewolf easy. Go to a place that's huge, full of monsters and just keep killing them. I did it with pirates in Blackmarsh.
>>377604764
Throw some health stuff in. You can bind enemies to the ground with some abilities and keep a distance. Or summon monsters to protect you. But health never hurts. Magicka doesn't run out that badly, especially if you make potions.

Sorceror tips... it's nothing too difficult to play as one. There exist guides that say which abilities upgrades are best. I prefer the attacking staff.
>>
File: pvw5540.jpg (431KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pvw5540.jpg
431KB, 1920x1080px
>>377605120
>http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info919-AUI-AdvancedUI.html

that looks good, getting it. Yeah not big fan of the skyrim UI, it hides too much
>>
I never really enjoyed the classes. Having to pick one made me feel obligated into using class skills
>>
>>377604764
>where to go
Lorebooks are pisshard and so can some of the shards. My advice? NOTE that these addons exist and turn them on once you clear a region and grab the missed stuff (it knows which ones you found already).

Biggest tip: have fun. Explore. Talk to people.

Minor details to know:
You can make your own guild. Make friends, share a bank. My old guild dumped crafting materials in and we shared. You can adventure with them (mainly Undaunted or the big hard monsters).

>Horses
You buy one and it's shared across ALL characters (you have to do a little button pressing bullshit though). One a day you can upgrade your horse: faster, carry weight, stamina for running. HOWEVER, this isn't shared.
No difference besides aestetics between horses or pets.

Use your bank! You can upgrade it.
If you die, you are sent back to a waystone. YOU CAN USE THESE TO FAST TRAVEL. I didn't know this for a while.
>>
>>377604764
>anyway, if I want to play a sorcerer, should I put all my stats into magic or should I also spend some points on health?
It depends what level you are, because of what >>377602895 said. At some point, your magic attacks can't be maintained anymore, even if you dump everything into magicka. That's when you need to put a few points into other stats as well, so you can maintain DPS with other stat-based skills to build up your magicka and cycle back and forth. It doesn't matter though because you can respec at any time.
>>
>>377605471
It's a gameplay mechanic. Yes, very different from the other titles but it's very common in games. But you have millions of way to switch it up. You aren't required to use a staff as a mage. You can wear heavy armor.

Can use magic as a dragonknight and a staff.
>>
>>377605832
I know that. Having to pick a class makes me feel obligated to use the class skills and I don't really like any of the class skills
>>
is there any decision you make that is absolutely permanent? those are usually the decisions that I read up on, everything else I just go with whatever I think is good at the moment.
>>
>>377605081
Final tips:
Werewolf: Stamina
Vampire: Magicka

Armor: You have 3 types (light-heavy). You can make your own!
You instantly know your own racial style but you can find books/buy books that teaches you other motifs. All races exist, plus several other (Dwemer, Daedric, Ancient Elves, etc). You can find ALL of them but certain super special ones require going to your second or third alliance.

>Set bonuses
Only crafted armor can have it (others can make it for you). This is IMPORTANT.
When you research traits, spread it across items. So have 1 trait for each item before researching a 2nd trait. Weapons are included.

Why?

Because at certain workshops, you can create armor/weapons to have a a special bonus and most workshops have a minimum trait count before you can make it.
And you can mix and match setbonuses. The setbonuses deal with how many items wielded are of the set.
A made up example
(2 items): Heal 10% faster
(3 items): can drain magicka
(4 items): Walk faster

You can have 5 worn armor plus two weapons: so you can do 3 of 1 set and 4 of another.
>>
Its a fun game tbqh. I play MMOS mostly, and this is my most recent one.
But its alot more fun to explore caves and dungeons when playing with a friend.
>>
File: The Joker Ponders This.jpg (48KB, 359x291px) Image search: [Google]
The Joker Ponders This.jpg
48KB, 359x291px
>Entire world is level scaled so you can go anywhere you want.
>Tanks are only expected to hold aggro on hard hitters. Everyone is expected to bring defensive cool downs and deal with pressure.
>Only 10 slots on your bar, period. Every slot choice you make counts.
>Not so rigidly locked into classes, tons of skill trees that any class can pick up
>No auction house in the game, everything is done with guild traders
>Pvp all confined to one huge zone full with castles, seige equipment and so on.
>Actual combat MMO instead of just 'same old shit but no auto attacks'.

I'll give it to ESO. Its cuts out its own niche.
>>
>>377606528
It really is unique. Not saying it's perfect but it's pretty damn interesting.
>>
>>377606528
>Pvp all confined to one zone

interest lost
>>
>>377600785
>90Gb

I have comcast, which means I have an arbitrary 1TB cap per month. Downloading this shit game would take up 1/10th of my internet allowance on it's own.

Thats fucked up.
>>
>>377606756
It's the entirity of Cyrodil, which includes the Imperial City. You can't do PVP everywhere. Even Runescape gave that idea up and limited to the wildy.
>>
>>377606859
Buy the CD then.
>>
>>377600785
It's an MMO.
That should tell you everything you need to know.
>>
>>377600785
the download is ~50GB
>>
>>377607110
>implying the "cd" is the complete game
by now the patching that version is probably as bad as downloading the new client
>>
File: jho2zjU.png (7KB, 330x193px) Image search: [Google]
jho2zjU.png
7KB, 330x193px
>>
>>377607837
Spot on. It is.
>>
>>377600785
stopped playing when i found out that you need to do spastic animation for endgame
>>
File: qwe123.jpg (42KB, 531x436px) Image search: [Google]
qwe123.jpg
42KB, 531x436px
>>377600785
>measuring game quality related to its size
>>
>>377608307
what do you mean?
>>
A repetitive piece of shit
>>
>>377608836
name one (1) MMO that isn't a repetitive piece of shit.

I'll wait.
>>
>>377608491
if you want to do anything competetive like pvp or endgame pledges you need to learn animation cancelling or your dps will suck shit
>>
>>377609170
so being forced to learn how to play the game to perform is a bad thing now?
>>
>>377602895
>Essentially, your character becomes weaker the more levels you get.
Trying to cash in on the Oblivion nostalgia I see.
>>
>>377600785
As far as shitty themepark MMOs go it's one of the best but you should probably stay away from the genre entirely.
>>
>>377608965
warhammer online
>>
>>377600785
I should use one of my copies need an mmo
doesn't even have to be good just want to explore
>>
>needs to know if its worth it to download anything elder scrolls related

Of course not. It's garbage because it's elder scrolls related in some form.
>>
It's not

the game is complete shit
>>
>>377604352
>>377605081
>>377606180

thanks based Anon
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.