[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Superman makes more sense than Batman every single time in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 559
Thread images: 91

File: supermaninjustice2.png (438KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
supermaninjustice2.png
438KB, 800x450px
>Superman makes more sense than Batman every single time in Injustice 1 and 2 when talking about how heroes should treat villains
>developers run out of excuses for Batman being the good guy in this scenario, so they have Superman "go rogue" and kill civilians, completely going out of character since his whole leitmotiv, even after becoming Earth's overlord, is protecting people / Earth no matter the cost (even the villains' lives)

Why do they always do this? Batman sounds like a child when he can't see why a superhero would want to kill a supercriminal that has literally concocted plans to kill millions of people (succeeding a few times) and runs out of prison every time. Hell, Batman creates a literal worldwide surveillance system that spies on people in secret, called Brother Eye, and no one cares.
>>
Society should've passed legislation to execute the criminally insane then. Batman has no right or will to be an executioner.
>>
>>377599509

I get your point concerning super villians but wouldn't superman also straight of kill small time criminals.
>>
>>377599669
refusing to act is evil.
>>
>>377599509
>superman
>making sense
>lmao let's not kill criminals but enlist them into the regime
>but fuck greean arrow, Shazam and Lex, those guys suck
>>
He didn't go full Hitler more like Stalin until he got pushed by Batman and other cunts
>>
Crossovers are never canon.
>>
>>377599669
This. Superheroes do their jobs just fine with a no-kill rule. It's not their fault the authorities keep going soft on criminals and screw up their containment.

>>377599794
The problem is where does it end? You break a rule once and it's all downhill from there.
>>
>>377599795
Well for the ones in the Regime he made them go through rehabilitation. People like Bane, Killer Frost and the others where sent to the Phantom Zone to do that.
Sinestro came in after the Green Lantern's tried to take him down.
Black Adam was neutral for the most part and didn't give a fuck so long as his people were ok.
>>
What a strange thing to feel specifically miffed about.
This whole series doesn't make any sense, with the whole premise being based on a sting of retardations with most heroes and villains in it acting out of character. It's a dumb, turn of your brain and laugh at the ridiculousness of it affair in order to whack whack, punch punch MK style.
>>
Superman is fine. Just ignore that the comics and first game ever happened, he is like a different person there.
>>
>>377599673

One bad person's life is worth less than the risk of losing a good person.
>>
>>377600000

>the slippery slope falacy

Yeah dude, so they should just keep bashing their heads against the wall instead of acting in a definitive way now because of what could happen in the future.
>>
>>377600050

I can point out hundreds of inconsistencies in the story of Injustice, but Batman's argument against Superman, after what happened to Lois, his unborn child and Metropolis is the bigger one.
>>
I've always liked the interpretation that Batman's no-kill rule is more of a character flaw than him obsessing over morals. The idea that he cannot bring himself to let anyone die no matter who it is because it triggers him, or the approach Red Hood took with him explaining that his code is the only thing keeping him from going insane and turning into the Punisher since he's walking a very fine line.

Plenty of other superheroes have no kill codes, fucking Superman has one in most versions, but Batmans villains have gotten so extreme and personally involved with him at this point that it makes it look like his responsibility whenever Joker breaks out again.
>>
>>377600250
Slippery slope is a real thing, pal. You're talking about somebody deciding all by them self if a person should live or die. Supes killed the Joker because he was in a rage and started rounding up people already in prison while he was in a terrible mental state over his loss. Nobody's going to feel safe about that.
>>
>>377599509
That's not how the word leitmotif is used.
>>
I wish cops would kill criminals like based duterte. I'm sick of seeing ugly skinny faggot junkies and sodomites embarrass society with their hash addled minds
>>
>>377600250
>fallacy fallacy
Superman isn't perfect and neither is the justice system.

This question goes beyond the cartoonishly bad costumed criminals. Questions of national sovereignty and truly putting super heroes in the position of shouldering the responsibility of everyone who dies if they choose to stand above national and international law.

And where would Catwoman types stand in this situation?
>>
>>377600815
OP just wanted to use a cool sounding word that he thought meant overarching theme.

The man is already a faggot. Let him have this at least.
>>
>>377600000
Repeating digits do not lie
>>
Oh man a superhero plot doesn't make any goddamn sense at all and is overly stupid as hell?

Fucking stop the presses, we should alert the authorities.

>yfw if injustice 3 happens, its going to be the exact same fucking story again, "guess what superman is a dick and everyone has to deal with his bullshit or die horribly, hey look you did it good job, superman let you beat him even though you shouldn't really have been able to stop him at all, heres some plot armor and a few deus ex machinas, youve saved the entire existence of everything ever from an unstoppable death machine how did you do it you are so good at everything you are special"

I'm kinda glad Marvel isn't stupid enough to even bother embarrassing themselves with some trash fighting game honestly. I hate Marvel and DC, but the less superherofag shit we have clogging up the industry the better.
>>
>>377600147
Does this include white collar criminals or just the violent actors he would most likely come across.

Is Lex Luthor a bad guy?
>>
Batman hates Damian for killing Zsasz but keeps Harley of all people on his team, he's a hypocrite.

Superman is the rightful Emperor of Earth, and the only one who can defend it.
>>
>>377601441
Injustice 3 will have Superman escaping and donning the Red Ring. He has enough rage for it.
>>
>>377601595
Batman can do it provided he has enough prep-time.
>>
File: 1492883148846.jpg (51KB, 400x323px) Image search: [Google]
1492883148846.jpg
51KB, 400x323px
>>377599509
Superman made sense up until the point he started enlisting criminals and killing children.
>>
>>377601441
I want /co/ to be split because fuck capeshit and fuck calarts cartoons. /co/ isn't big enough to contain both of these cancers.
>>
>>377599509
Its hilarious how everyone says superman became a dictator that kills everyone who disagrees with him, striking fear in the hearts of everyone.

Look at all these poor civilians. So scared for their lives.

>>377599795
>says the guy who recruited harley quinn
>>
>>377600815

Please, enlighten me, then. I thought Leitmotiv could be used to express the recurring philosophy of a character in a story. What's the correct use?
>>
Does anybody have those pages of Superman and the Flash playing chess, while Supes talks about them working together to remove all the guns from earth?
>>
>>377601857

Is that Friendly Old Person? Did he get lost?
>>
>>377601101

Argument could be made as long as the villain in question hasn't become a serial killer. There's not a single human being on Earth who wouldn't kill Joker given the chance though, objectively speaking, so why not kill him?

To pretend Joker's life is as important as anyone else's is to be dishonest.
>>
>>377600000
nice digits

>screw up their containment
why don't anybody build a prison that's guarded by super heroes?
so, whenever there's a situation, they can deal with it immediately.
>>
>>377601494

Lex Luthor kills people in many iterations. And killing people indirectly by robbing money from the government, for instance, is just as bad.

>>377601595

>b-bb-b-b-b-b-b-b-but she cc--cc-c-c-c-ahnged now that Joker is dead! She dindu nuffin!
>>
>>377600147
And with the rage-fueled murder of Green Arrow Superman is a bad guy and should kill himself, right?
>>
>>377601858
A recurring line of music (and its permutations) that are associated with feeling, character, mood, action and other situations I'm sure, within a creative work.

Undertale has examples of it throughout and the imperial march from Star Wars is a good example.
>>
>>377601808

Yes, that's what I meant when I said the writers hit a point where they couldn't come up with excuses for the player to side with Batman over Superman in that scenario, considering Superman literally ended all wars and crime, so they come up with bullshit reasons like having him kill children and employ villains who clearly haven't changed their attitudes. It's called "forcing the plot to move on in a certain direction".
>>
>>377599794

The will to act
>>
>>377602182
Harley is a qt so she's fine by me.
>>
>>377602301

But that's just the original use of the word, it has since been used to express other stuff, much like tempo, cadence, crescendo etc.
>>
>>377602049
I'm a-ok with killing the joker personally, but not with expecting or forcing the person who captures him to do it.

If he's such a danger to society, why does society not take responsibility for him once he's delivered into, essentially, their jurisdiction?

I don't expect vigilantes, already operating outside of society (More or less, I guess. You know what I mean), to bare any more burdens than they personally care to. They're beholden to their own sense of justice and that sense of justice demands that they defer punishment to authoritative society.
>>
>>377602197

Again dude, obviously Superman went crazy in the comics / games, but that's just because the writers hit a point where they had to make it clear to the readers / players, for their own reasons, that they should be cheering for Batman instead of siding with Superman, so they created bullshit reasons to make him look as evil as possible, literally shooting lasers at civilians' cars crossing bridges.
>>
File: John_Collier_Lady_Godiva.gif (4MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
John_Collier_Lady_Godiva.gif
4MB, 500x281px
>>377602417
If someone updated the dictionary or started playing fast and loose with the term's original interpretation, then nobody informed me.
>>
I really really hated how Injustice 1 and 2 painted Superman. Like he's not even likeable, they made him completely unlikable. I expected a tough moral choice between "killing is wrong, the justice system will sort them out" and "killing criminals to prevent future crime is the best way to prevent innocent lives from being lost."

Instead I got "paragon of morality Batman vs insane brutal dictator Superman". Thanks DC, really hit the nail on the head with your storyline. Also the "protecting humanity from itself" meme is one of the most tired tropes in fiction.
>>
File: 1495233291451.jpg (136KB, 401x464px) Image search: [Google]
1495233291451.jpg
136KB, 401x464px
>comicsfags
>>
Gotta love how Superman ALWAYS blames the Joker for what happened, and never once looked to his own weakness as a fault. He's a pretentious prick.
>>
>>377602049
A serial killer would be sentenced to death by the Court without a "hero" needing to bloody their hands.

Problem with Joker and a lot of Bat's other rogues if he's classified insane. It's unethical to kill somebody who isn't sound of mind in their actions and the only reason they're repeat offenders is because places like Arkham are corrupt as fuck. Guards are either ill-equipped, ill-trained or bought and the doctors are more interested in studying the loons than curing them.

Think of it this way. You throw an egg to somebody and they catch it, hold it a while but drop it on the floor. Who's at fault?
>>
>>377602514

So why does Batman get offended by the fact Superman killed the Joker after Joker killed Lois, the baby and part of Metropolis? It's like Batman's mad that Superman used his strength to do what he thinks is right, so Batman then decided to use his own strength to make Superman submit to his type of justice, which is just as flawed.

Batman's a hypocrite.
>>
I don't get how The Flash is such a cuck in this series. Shouldn't he easily be able to do whatever he wants?
>>
>>377602801
You. Don't toss eggs dumbass.
>>
>>377602197
>no context
Superman's parent got kidnapped by the US govt
He hid them in his base to prevent the same thing from happening again
Batman and his crew went to the base to steal some stuff
They were literally trespassing in his home

Shit, even batman knew that they fucked up by going there and immediately ordered everyone to get the fuck out

>rage fueled
Ollie was trapped inside the base
Superman ordered him to surrender
Ollie knew that he was no match for superman, but despite that, he still shot an arrow at him
Arrow bounced off Superman(good job, Ollie) and hit Supes' dad.

Rage fueled my fucking ass. You'd shoot a nigger who trespassed into your home if he "accidentally" injured your loved ones
>>
>>377602630

I don't know what you're talking about, but that shit is happening literally all the time.

Such is language.
>>
>>377602823
>So why does Batman get offended by the fact Superman killed the Joker after Joker killed Lois, the baby and part of Metropolis?

Because Superman isn't judge, jury and executioner. It's not his place.

Joker should have been tried for those crimes. Even if it ends in Joker being executed, it would be by an impartial system and not some guy looking for revenge.
>>
>>377602801

At first, the person who lets the eggs fall. After a while, though, it's YOU, if they keep repeatedly dropping eggs after you throw those at them and you know they'll drop it beforehand.

Maybe the one that throws the eggs is insane, since he's doing the same thing over and over and expecting different outcomes.
>>
>>377602914

All that after the Joker killed your wife and your unborn child. I'd do worse with Ollie, Superman was very reasonable there.
>>
>>377602952
Not suggesting that's not how language goes, just that I wasn't aware that the term had developed beyond the point where I'd initially learned it's meaning.
>>
>>377603128

And Batman's beating people around why? If he wants to play by the justice system, why not become a cop? I guess he wants the best of both worlds, he wants to beat criminals and do his own investigations outside of the Law while demanding others to play by the government's rules.

Damian says at the beginning of the game "you're not ok with killing but you're fine with traumatic brain damage" or something like it.

Batman's a hypocrite, I'm sorry.
>>
>>377602889
The Flash done right would end the situation too easily.
>>
>>377603128
Superman isnt law enforcement either. Should Batman stop him from saving the world and stopping all those bank robberies?

You know what the insanity defense is, right?
Batman claiming that it was wrong of Superman to kill joker right after his entire family and city got murdered is fucking stupid and apathetic, which is IRONIC coming from someone who started dressing up as a bat after his parents got murdered.
>>
>>377603416
Well, that's why he's a vigilante which is illegal. He's just got a lot of good, well deserved, PR.

It's his choice to circumvent or play to the justice system at his own discretion. He's not interested in being an officer of the law, but of his own moral code and sense of justice.

Once he hands the criminals over, it becomes society's job and they're deficient when it comes to dealing with the criminally insane.

>traumatic brain damage
>hypocrite

You're may not be wrong, but its ultimately society's fault for not enacting a permanent solution. By not claiming an official and regulated position, Batman is free to (illegally) exercise his own sense of right and wrong.
>>
Any cape comic plot still makes ten thousand times more sense then any weeb shit ever done
>>
>>377603750
Shounen and capeshit are literally the same thing desu
>>
>>377603416
>>377603607
>Breaking and entering and assault are the same as ripping a guy's heart out with your bare hands and than systematically executing prisoners.

Okay.
>>
>>377603894
t. weeb
>>
>>377603963
anon, you're pretty stupid

those things you mentioned are entirely different from each other

one is a crime
the other (which didnt even happen in the comics, i dare you to post the page where he rips his heart out) is self defense

>systematically executing prisoners
last i checked, they were under the ocean before plastic man let them out
>>
>>377599669
We can actually do that is certain cases. Joker in particularly would stop being classified as insane and get the death penalty pretty easily.
>>
>>377601595
>one is raised to not kill, kills
>the other was brainwashed by joker but is slowly comming around
Totally the same!
>>
>>377601857
And Superman recruited Sinestro. Seriously, fucking Sinestro. That alone proves Superman is wrong, no matter what.
>>
because Batmanfags can't mentally deal with a scenario where Batman isn't DC Jesus and wins every time because he's Batman.
>>
>>377604572
Name one (1) thing Sinestro has ever done wrong.
>>
>>377604603

BvS.
>>
>>377599509
Because Batman is the DC golden goose. So they always have to make him come out looking like he's right. Batman is a fucking moron, and the game should have done a better job pointing this out.
>>
>>377600710
The strange thing is Superman isn't always written with a 100% unbreakable no-kill code. Planetary threats who push him to his absolute limit often go on his shit list. Darkseid in particular. Meanwhile Wonder Woman and Green Lantern kill and they're no worse for wear. Batman's the only fag about this sort of thing, most other heroes acknowledge that you need to fight to kill in some cases and none of them go down the slope.
>>
>>377600759
Joker has killed hundreds of people in the DC universe. And yet they kept just sticking him back in Arkham just for him to escape and killed dozens more each time. Superman killing him was the right call. How many people would have lived if Batman had killed the Joker years earlier?.....Fucking Jason Todd (Robin, Redhood) wouldn't have died if Batman did what he was suppose to.
>>
>>377604749

So explain to me why Batman's always made to look wrong in the comics, even when he's technically right.
>>
>>377604974
>comics
Fucking nerd. We're talking about video game and movie adaptations.
>>
>>377604960

The same goes for Lex Luthor in most continuities and you never see Superman offing him.

Gee, is like DC wants to keep the popular villains around to write more dumb stories.
>>
>>377605038

BvS and pretty much all of Arkham.
>>
>>377604960
And Superman is different with sticking people into the Phantom Zone how? I mean, if it wasn't Joker but someone else that pulled this crap, would any of you still be defending Superman?
>>
>>377599509
The world isn't black or white, good or evil. Lawful good/evil people think it is, and they apply laws (Forcing one side vs another).

Ultimately if a man kills another man he'll face punishment. Superman may kill the murderer. But what if the murderer was raped repeatedly as a child by the man he murdered? Is justice not served? Regardless, justifying killing is a slippery slope to murdering for whatever you think is ok. That's how bent cops go from willing to shoot a thug to shooting grandma for "reaching" and not giving a fuck
>>
>>377599509

They hope to show that power corrupts and makes good intentions turn into evil but it's always kiddie shit because what happens when it doesn't corrupt?
>>
>>377605221
The problem is that it's goddamn Superman. He is suppose to be better than this, Joker or not. If he can't be better than this, then who can? Superman is not suppose to kill people out of vengeance.
>>
>>377605060
Lex rarely gets his own hands dirty, and by law a lot of his crimes don't lead back to him. That is why he hasn't spent most of his life in prison, unlike Joker.
>>
>>377603731

That's absurd, Batman's argument is that his type of illegal act is "better" than Superman's type of illegal act. He's a hypocrite.
>>
>Batman is free to (illegally) exercise his own sense of right and wrong.

He's not free to do it, if he was honest about his moral code, he would turn himself in after the first time he beat up a criminal. Why not trust the law enforcement and the Justice system if he's gonna demand other people, Superman in this case, to obey the Law and trust the Justice system?

Why is it only ok for Batman to break the law and not Superman?
>>
>>377599509
Cool sounding elseworld or something but fucking awful if he's considered as having the same foundations as regular Superman. It's go dark or go home these days so I guess this should be expected.
>>
>>377599509
It's an analogue for both western judicial processes as well as personal judgements, dum-dum.

The real life psycho junta leaders and crazy militia groups in the real world are just like Superman in Injustice 2 -- they're vigilants that become tyrants by executing those they percieve to be wrong. Batman is correct but inefficient, and ultimately when you act like Superman you just exchange one tyrant for another and turn your country into a 3rd world shithole.
>>
>>377604798

This. Superman while fighting Doomsday knew it'd have to end up with Doomsday's death. He knows there are problems you can't just sweep under a rug, unlike Batman.
>>
>>377605310

Apparently, Batman can. At least for the writers of Injustice, which is why some people are complaining.
>>
>>377605845
Are you talking about Death of Superman? He was literally focused on staying alive the whole time and astonished by being overpowered, he didn't deliberate it for a second. In the very last part of the series he finally managed to hurt him and was like "fucking score!"
Superman is occasionally very human, because he sits on his high horse until he gets his ass beat, and then he becomes a total underhanded prick.
>>
File: Image.png (18KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
18KB, 250x250px
>>377605703
>>377605539
Click spoiler for a full justification for Batman's actions and a rebuttal to the hypocrisy accusation.
>>
>>377605746
Yeah but it's so absolute and it's so much easier finding a middle ground.
For example, the heroes can decide that anyone found guilty on the account of multiple murders should be executed (by them), even if the judgement system don't support death penalty.

In other words, the heroes can force the much needed death penalty on dangerous people to fix the incompetent justice system, while still letting human judges judge etc thus making sure they don't go tyrant.
>>
>>377605845
The problem isnt the killing part. Its the whole killing out of vengeance, especially when the villain had surrendered.
>>
>>377605746

The problem with your logic is that real life psycho junta leaders and crazy milita groups don't manage to literally END ALL WARS and prevent 100% of crime from happening.

Superman literally managed to bring world peace after creating the Regime and Batman tore it apart with his revolution because of "muh freedom", bringing the old status quo - crime and wars - back, as mentioned by other characters. Some freedom, huh?
>>
>>377606109

Joker was literally saying "hmm, I wonder what I'll do next to top this one after I'm free from jail again..." before Superman ripped his heart out.

Joker had it coming. Superman did nothing wrong.
>>
>>377606109
Batman is the only faggot I know of who wouldn't kill someone that just murdered your wife and unborn child.
>>
>>377604798
Even the flash is willing to kill his enemies (not the rogues, but other more violent villains)
>>
>>377606380
Does Shazam ever kill any baddies?
>>
>>377606102
Of course, that's a common interstice between Batman and Superman. It's only really an issue literally when Superman kills, because he represents a sort of unstoppable super power that should never have to resort to killing in the first place.
>>
>>377599509
The only reason heroes go soft on criminals is because it was illegal to show violence or death past a certain level in comic books for a long time. The in-universe rationales they came up with to explain this never made much sense
>>
>>377606159
It's not a perfect example, that's part of it being fiction of course. It's totaltarian in nature and absolutist. You could say Stalin did the same thing in Russia.
>>
It's up to you to decide when and where Superman crosses the line. Whether it's killing the Joker, or murdering Billy Batson for questioning him, or even the simple decision that it would be okay to murder every hero and entire cities or worlds in every alternate dimension to make sure they couldn't oppose him in the future.

My problem with Superman starts when he begins thinking about "mind crimes". That people need to be killed before they could possibly perform some horrible act. Which goes to its logical extension in Injustice 1 where he starts advocating the genocide of entire worlds because they Might oppose him. It's a constant feedback loop.

Murder the Joker? Anyone who disagrees with that is my enemy. Murder / imprison / brainwash them? Anyone who disagrees with that is my enemy. Deal with THOSE people? Anyone who disagrees with that is my enemy. Essentially everyone eventually becomes his enemy, and the only reason he might not punch your head off is if he hasn't noticed you yet.

It's a constant cycle of retardation, and while I think it's terrible character writing, in the context of the story you have to be insane to agree with Dictator Superman in the Injustice universe(s).
>>
>Win chance against opponent - 5%
why would they do this
i'm not gonna face that fucker
>>
>>377602182
>And killing people indirectly by robbing money from the government, for instance, is just as bad.
Just as a heads up, you're essentially saying anyone that doesn't pay their taxes on time should be killed
>>
>>377606440

I don't think so, since he's a child.
>>
>>377606921
Ageism at its finest. Children can kill people just as well as adults.
>>
>>377606602

>You could say Stalin did the same thing in Russia.

No you couldn't. In the real world, crime can't really be stopped no matter the grip of government. That's absurd.
>>
File: batman.jpg (39KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
batman.jpg
39KB, 640x960px
I like that superman is so fragile in the injustice universe because he was never tested by an evil lex. Lex in the injustice universe was a philanthropist and generally a good guy. He never had to deal with what happens when a person wants too much power.
>>
>>377606602
I think the best real world example of Superman in injustice is Vlad the impaler and his golden cup
>>
>>377606873

Not true. Not taking part in the social contract is not the same as robbing money from those that decided to honor the social contract. They could just force you to leave the country in case you decided not to pay your taxes.
>>
>>377607071
And that's kind of the problem with Superman's entire motivation. His goal can't be achieved. Even under the Regime crime, murder, etc were still happening. And in actual irony, it was the Regime perpetrating a lot of the things that the Justice League would have tried to stop as blatant, horrifying crimes.

Batman's crazy and unrealistic too, but at least he's not a murdergod.
>>
>>377607071
Exactly.
Could Superman ever really stop it even if everything went to plan? Something-something a wish from a grail etc..

He would need to stop all dissenting thought inevitably. That's what makes the parallel accurate.
>>
>>377607151
>never tested by an evil lex
Never thought about that. Interdasting.
>>
>>377606979

I'm not saying he couldn't, I'm saying they wouldn't write him killing other people because he's a child and DC would be afraid of the backlash.
>>
>>377607259

But he actually did. I'm not saying it's realistic, but in the fictional world of Injustice, he actually managed to do it, before Batman started to act against the Regime.
>>
So how do you think Brainiac would react upon learning about tentacle hentai?
>>
File: DHv7TA6.gif (472KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
DHv7TA6.gif
472KB, 500x280px
>>377600000
>00000
>>
>>377607305
Now you're shifting blame for your age centric bigotry to a comic book publisher and ultimately society.

Learn to take responsibility for your personal thoughts and opinions.
>>
>>377606921
He was an adult in Injustice 1 according to the story and background info, which is why he's an adult when Superman offs him (despite having a 'turn into a boy' animation in-game). He just still needed to say Shazam to get his powers. Still doesn't make his horrific murder much less... horrifying.
>>
>>377607393
But he didn't. There was still crime happening, as shown in the game, comics, etc. And that's not even counting all the crimes the Regime were perpetrating. Just because they were technically legal because the Regime would murder you if you said they weren't doesn't change that in any meaningful way.
>>
>>377607398
>"I must catalogue this for my collection."
>>
In Injustice, Superman and Batman are both a collection of walking fallacies. The difference is that Batman's aware of it and sees the slippery slope that Superman dives down headfirst.
>>
>>377607701
This. Both characters are so extreme that they're just containers for their fringe, idealized views rather than actual characters.
It's almost like comicbooks fucking blow.
>>
File: 1408812978821.jpg (12KB, 402x349px) Image search: [Google]
1408812978821.jpg
12KB, 402x349px
>>377600000
>>
>>377599509
Superman is a fallen icon.
>>
File: 1463498019205.jpg (665KB, 1988x1528px) Image search: [Google]
1463498019205.jpg
665KB, 1988x1528px
F
>>
>>377604493
But Damian was indeed raised to kill, also he was right
>>
>>377608076
;_;
>>
>>377600147
except he also kills tons of good people.
>>
more like pooperman
>>
>>377608325
> committing thought crime
> good
>>
>caring about story in a fighting game

kek
>>
File: 1487138648068.jpg (35KB, 696x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1487138648068.jpg
35KB, 696x1000px
>>377600759

>Bin Laden orchestrates 9/11, killing thousands
>we put a fucking bullet through his head
>Joker nukes a whole city, killing millions
>he should be locked up in Arkham and rehabilitated

This is why comics set in real world sucks.
Inb4 JET FUEL CAN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS!!!!
>>
>>377605060
Unlike Joker, Lex doesn't go around and mass murder people. To the public, Lex is just an upstanding businessman. If Superman went and killed him instead of Joker the conflict wouldn't be as one-sided as it is towards Superman.

Also the Lex from the Injustice world is actually a good guy
>>
>>377608519
> Seth Rich leaks Hillary's emails
> Hillary has him shot twice in the back
>>
Superman is right until you realize loli and software piracy is punishable by death under the Regime.
>>
>>377605060
Well if they did Superman killing Luthor it would be the Justice Lords episodes from Justice League all over again.
>>
>>377608519
The thing is, the world's okay with executing the Joker. The world (or at least a lot of people) just gets a bigger boner off feeling morally superior by saying we're all bigger than that and locking him up. On top of which even Batman agrees that it's understandable to want to kill the Joker. He's said so in the mainstream comics and in Injustice 2.

The difference is that HE doesn't want to kill the Joker. That he can see how quickly things can go wrong with he (or people with skills or powers that make them equally dangerous) starts deciding who dies and who lives. It's not about "NO KILLING CUZ NO KILLING HURR" as much as it's about Batman knowing / fearing there'd be no turning back for him and that it'd go all wrong if his vigilante ways turned into unrestrained vengeance.

He's an extremist in that viewpoint and he's self-aware of it. But he sees it as preferrable to something like, I don't know... the entire plot of Injustice 1 and 2.
>>
File: wtf.gif (3MB, 380x272px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.gif
3MB, 380x272px
>>377599864
>he didn't go -full totalitarian dictator- more like -full totalitarian dictator-
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>377608519
Nice ass.
>>
>Injustice Superman does a complete 180 from his usual personality, going full Ultraman
>Batman becomes a living hyperbole of moralfaggotry

Both sides are equally awful. The only Injustice is the writing.
>>
Wait from the comics wasnt Batman at least somewhat okay with him killing Joker?

He hated that it happened but it was one death he was willing to overlook or what?

Let's be honest here, only a complete faggot wouldn't try to kill the person who caused the death of their wife and unborn child if they had a chance.
>>
File: 1489601520261.jpg (850KB, 728x1032px) Image search: [Google]
1489601520261.jpg
850KB, 728x1032px
>>377608912
I read the comics, and Batman's a retard.

After Joker's death, Superman was just grieving. Yet Batman is screaming running around, yelling, its slippery slope for Superman, orchestrating everything, pushing Superman to the "killer" Batman fears. Its his fault really

tl,dr: Alfred sums it up best in the Injustice comic, Batman was gay for Joker.
>>
Why didn't Flash just run back in time and stop Joker from nuking Metropolis?
>>
>>377599864
are you retarded or just wilfully ignorant?
>>
>>377609401
>>377603428
>>
>>377608076

Did Alfred just deliver a sick burn to Superman?

Which I assumed resulted in a more literal burn,
>>
>>377609307
Doesn't Batman's insistence on rehabilitating the Joker come down to wanting to prove that it can be done?
He wants to prove that even the most deranged criminal in the world is not beyond redemption. He would consider that achievement his personal masterpiece.
>>
>>377608076
Please tell me our boy isn't dead.
>>
File: wonder woman.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wonder woman.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
Injustice real villain coming through.
>>
File: 1464102056165.jpg (948KB, 1987x1528px) Image search: [Google]
1464102056165.jpg
948KB, 1987x1528px
>>377609568
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 230x229px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 230x229px
>>377599509
>Man these super criminals escape jail all the time
>if only we had a place where they would be contained without any chance of escaping
>and this place can only be entered through a thing in the heart of JL
>but we make sure we put them on trial first and only the worst get put there
>and we could call this place like a Zone of Phantoms or the FUCKING PHANTOM ZONE
Not a single person in DC universe gets to say "I was less wrong" when they have a perfect solution in Supes's basement
>>
File: 1492102247645.jpg (178KB, 900x608px) Image search: [Google]
1492102247645.jpg
178KB, 900x608px
>>377609719
>mfw she really is

Fuck Wonder Woman. Not only is she a turbo cunt, she's the one who convinced Supes to turn into a dick ass tyrant and kill everyone who didn't accept him as Earth's new ruler. If anyone deserves to die, it's her.
>>
Superman might have made sense intially, but he goes way into tyrant territory even before the first injustice game takes place.

He was literally murdering peaceful protesters and assassinated alfred just to fuck batman over.
>>
>>377609873
>put all major threats away
>monitor earth situation evenhandedly moving forward, reserving phantom zone for worst of worst and sending lesser criminals to human courts
>eventually wrestle all exo and extra dimensional threats into the phantom zone
>DC comics publishes a thank you to its fans and closes its doors forever
>>
>>377610006
It really seems like they're setting up a crisis event for the next game so hopefully a Wonder Woman that isn't a total cunt shows up and beats her ass.
>>
Injustice (especially if you include the comics) is just Ultimates with less wincest. Hurf durf depressing shit where everyone acts out of character, no one's motivations make any sense because they're all just contrived plot hooks instead of organic paths of character development, and LOOK AT HOW SHOCKING WE ARE.

At least they learned how to model / texture / light female faces at the last instant.
>>
>>377599509
You do know Batman is a mentally ill child right?

What fucking part of that do people not get?

Batman is traumatized by killing that he cannot allow anyone to kill.

If Batman did kill he would snap and probably become the biggest supervillain in DC history.

We already know he has all the batgod shit allowing him to take out the Justice League.
>>
>>377609353

That's a lie. The first thing Superman did after killing the Joker was go to the Middle East to start killing despots and shit.

Sure, it was nice of him, but that gave Batman all the reason to stop Superman since Superman was by that point simple killing everyone he found to be wrong.
>>
File: file.png (379KB, 584x622px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
379KB, 584x622px
>>377606921
Kids are cruel, Jack
>>
>>377610318
>Batman is traumatized by killing that he cannot allow anyone to kill.
>If Batman did kill he would snap and probably become the biggest supervillain in DC history.

And is aware of it.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (203KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
203KB, 1920x1080px
>>377610209
>hopefully a Wonder Woman that isn't a total cunt shows up and beats her ass.

That literally happens in the first game though. The actual good Wonder Woman who gets pulled from the Earth where superheroes are actually good guys beats the shit out of the evil Wonder Woman and convinces the Amazons of that Earth that she's been leading them astray.
>>
>>377610456
and that is what makes him a well written character.

He is a control freak because he is very self aware and doesn't want to lose control.

Batman has always walked a fine line.
>>
>>377610209
But that happened in the first game, infact the injustice universe seems really weak in general.
>>
Why doesn't Batman put Joker into the Phantom Zone if he doesn't want to kill him?
>>
>>377610317
The comics are the way they are because NR didn't do the research and realise a good third of the roster could take out evil superman.
It follows then that everyone who can must job/be evil/ go missing or not exist which basically means the comic writer's hands are mostly tied.
>>
>>377609401
Flash rarely ever travels back in time. Usually it's forward to the 25th century. Most of the time, he only does it to fix whatever Thawne fucked up, instead of trying to prevent a problem before it happens
>>
File: images (4).jpg (17KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
17KB, 251x201px
>>377610430
WRONG!! Wonder Woman did that and armed the women with guns to fight back in Middle East
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 983x949px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 983x949px
There's an universe in DC where Batman snapped when the Joker killed the second Robin. Want to know what happened? He DIDN'T FUCKING STOPPED. He killed EVERY FUCKING VILLAIN in that universe. He said he fucking enjoyed it.

The end? Well, the super-heroes couldn't find him because he was always two steps ahead and eventually there wasn't any more super-villains to fight against. Most of them retired and that left the planet defenseless when threat from outerspace came to fuck everyone. Everyone got reckt. Including Batman. Can't plan for an invasion you were unaware of.
>>
>>377610318

I thought they would have him creating OMACs, since he had Brother Eye in this game.
>>
>>377610959

Superman did it waaay before. This was before Wonder Woman told the Justice League about Superman bright new plans for the world.
>>
Everytime someone mentions something evil that Superman has done it is either from the comics or I1. But did he really do anything all that disagreeable in I2?
>>
File: 6.1.jpg (606KB, 853x653px) Image search: [Google]
6.1.jpg
606KB, 853x653px
>>377610430
Superman just barged in and got Mogadishu and dropped him in the middle of the people and left. he probably died when the people stoned him, but Superman is right, he should not just help USA.
>>
>>377611170

Superman's wrong. Go read Superman: For The Tomorrow.
>>
>>377611104
Off the top of my head

>Wanted to kill Harley Quinn
>Wanted to kill Brainiac
>Not 30 seconds after Brainiac's defeat he turned on Batman and tried to go and be a dictator again
>>
>>377611104
Well its not really possible for him too since batman voluntarily lets him out so everyone can fight brainiac.
He does tell Kara in the fortress that he fully intends to take over the world because humans ain't shit and immediately turns on batman as soon as brainiac goes down.
>>
>>377609353
im gay for Mio
>>
I thought it was funny that both times Batman is truly confronted with better ideas by Superman in this game, he simply attacks Superman without actually responding, first with a red sun grenade, when he arrives in Arkham Asylum with Robin, and then with a gold kryptonite knife, when they're arguing how they should deal with Brainiac.

Shows how lacking his "no kill" policy is in this universe.
>>
>>377610820
>...so Batman solved every woe in Gotham and using that same model of combined vigilante justice, investment, education, economic growth (and more), he retired the Batman persona, content with a peaceful and happy world where no others would have to know the pain of losing parents to a robbery gone wrong. The end.
>...
>Alright, time to make an alternate universe where everything is shit.
>>
File: Rikka Spin.gif (262KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
Rikka Spin.gif
262KB, 500x495px
>This entire retard thread exists.

DC's multiverse theory is stupid so let me explain it very simply for you guys.

Every choice you make results in a different universe being created, one where you made that choice. There's an infinite number of universes where batman killed the joker, where superman tried to stop him. There's an infinite number of universes where the joker won and got away. There's an infinite number of universes where batman initially tries to stop superman, and then calms down and realizes superman isn't all wrong and joins him, and then superman mellows out because batmans on his side, and everyone is happy forever. None of those stories are super interesting so we're seeing a what-if scenario of superman and batman being so illogically opposed to eachother that they are unable to resolve their differences and force eachother to extremes.

It's a fanfic tier wank batman vs superman that was only supposed to last a couple chapters, but was so popular DC stretched it for multiple years now.
>>
>>377609863
Fuck. I really can't side with Supes now.
>>
>>377610820

Are you trying to obey the fictional universe's logic instead of shitting out excuses? Injustice writers will not be happy when they read this.
>>
File: BatJoke.jpg (534KB, 1920x1476px) Image search: [Google]
BatJoke.jpg
534KB, 1920x1476px
>>377609353
It wasn't Alfred, it was Superman who said it.

>>377609401
Batman actually did ask him, but Flash decided against it because it's what they deserve or he's afraid he'll just make things worse or something.
>>
>>377610981
This is kind of the easy catch 22 cape-comics writers can rely on to explain why getting rid of all the villains would be a bad idea. "If there weren't any villains then there wouldn't be any heroes and the next ultragalactic threat would show up and wipe the floor with an unprepared Earth". And to be fair I guess that's a legitimate argument.
>>
>>377611104
His ending where he goes full Braniac and enslaves Batman and intends to do the same to Supergirl if she won't join him is pretty evil.
>>
>>377611386
1. The red sun grenade wouldn't kill him neither would the knife they were intended to depower him.
2. Injustice only happens because batman won't kill superman, he has him by the ball multiple times in the comics.
>>
File: 1398968176807.jpg (24KB, 1047x683px) Image search: [Google]
1398968176807.jpg
24KB, 1047x683px
Reminder that Superman killed Shazam, a kid, because Shazam was against him destroying Metropolis and Gotham to teach the population a "lesson".
>>
>>377611278

>he turned on Batman

He was literally arguing with him and Batman stabbed him with a golden kryptonite knife.

Also, Harley is a lunatic and Brainiac left alive would be a bigger threat to Earth.
>>
>>377608638

>Commits suicide by firing into his own back twice

ftfy
>>
>>377606237
That was true if he was in Gotham. Metropolis isnt filled with corruption and isnt double-cursed. Not to mention he had personally hurt Superman. Unlike Gotham where everything is covered up, no one is going to sweep this shit under the rug.
>>
File: Screenshot_2013-06-04-13-38-05.png (771KB, 715x539px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2013-06-04-13-38-05.png
771KB, 715x539px
>>377611078
Wrong! he never killed any despot. the only time he did kill is when Batman started pushing Superman's buttons to kill Ollie

Heck, he was even hesitating killing the parademons.
>>
File: 1484932257564.jpg (84KB, 309x473px) Image search: [Google]
1484932257564.jpg
84KB, 309x473px
>>377611613
>Reminder that Superman killed a kid
Only adds good points in my book
>>
>>377611613
You can't say that in injustice threads because superman's a gud boi unfairly maligned by batgod and he never did anything wrong.
>>
>>377611613
>muh Billy
Fuck off, he has the wisdom of Salmon so he should've know to stay quiet.
>>
>>377611581

The point is that Bruce starts the aggression both times they're arguing. Seems like he doesn't want to talk his way out of the problem. So much for Superman being the tyrant.

By the way, Superman doesn't kill Batman either, and he could have.
>>
>>377611576
But what else can he do? Imprison, kill or brainwash to be useful? The last one is the most practical.
>>
>>377611673
It's pretty clear that, had Batman not agreed to his method, Superman was gonna turn on him.
>>
>>377611737

Superman had to be stopped. He was using his powers indiscriminately.
>>
>>377611104
Most of his problems in Injustice 2 are implied. What he would do once the immediate threat was over. Which you can see in the Superman ending. How that'd all turn out is unknown and we'll clearly never see the end of it, but.

Telling your own, essentially innocent and pure and loving cousin that you'd destroy her brain and use her as a cyborg slave if she didn't submit to your authority is a pretty good indication that whatever would come of Superman winning wouldn't be good. And there was zero indication that he was under any kind of latent Brainiac influence other than a cosmetic change.

Not that it would matter, because there's really very little difference between Superman and Brainiac. Both want to put everything everywhere into their collection. Under their complete control to lord over. Brainiac with digitization, Superman with an army of subservient superbeings.
>>
File: Johnny.jpg (1MB, 1920x1476px) Image search: [Google]
Johnny.jpg
1MB, 1920x1476px
>>377599509
>no Constantine or Zatanna in the game
s h i t
>>
>>377611823
Mind rape to oblivion is arguably worse then kill for starters.
Also there are a few questionable events that happen before the arkham purge, if you want to ignore the comics purging arkham asylum is a crime in of itself.
>>
>>377611891
Much better than what the fuck UN is doing with North Korea and China and Middle East
>>
>>377612028
But they are in the game in Dr. Fate's ending
>>
>>377611778
>>377611613

>Injustice writer: "Oh no, Superman is making too much sense, quickly, let's make him do something terrible to make sure people don't side with him. Let's have him kill a child in the worst way possible for a PG-13 game!"

That's how gratuitous that was. Sure, we could say that considering the way things played out in the Injustice games and comics, Batman really is the good guy and Superman the evil one, but you can't deny Superman had a compelling argument at the beginning of Injustice. The problem is that the writers didn't want to have people guessing who's right or who's wrong, question the ideals of each hero etc, they just wanted Batman to be the good guy and fight Superman.
>>
>>377612028
I bet one of them gets in as a DLC character. Probably Constantine since Zatanna had her turn.
>>
File: file.png (277KB, 561x341px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
277KB, 561x341px
HEY, SUPERFAGS...
>>
>>377611708
Why is Gotham so shit anyway?

It's like NYC + Detroit.
>>
>>377610820
The Phantom Zone isn't just the Phantom Zone. It's the Greek hell version of the afterlife. Or rather the Greek afterlife is the Phantom Zone. It's not as simple as just a perfect prison. Not only are there ways out, there are Things in there, some of the Greek gods of the underworld among them. And a not exactly benevolent super-presence.

So basically just tossing the world's worst into the Phantom Zone isn't the greatest idea, not that most worlds / continuities are aware of it.
>>
True enlightenment is realizing that the best one to side with is Atrocitus.
>>
>>377611842

Funny how you're fine with preemptive strikes against possible villainous acts when it's not done by Superman.
>>
>>377612232
Gotham is New Jersey with NY architecture and Chicago crime.
>>
>>377612123
The UN Nations power to act is determined by its member states. Unless you want or expect governments to cede their authority to an enlarged UN operating as a sort of federalized world gov't, with a more proactive charter, then I wouldn't blame them for any perceived inaction.
>>
>>377612256
Childhood is idolizing Batman. Adulthood is realizing Grodd makes more sense.
>>
>>377612324
Except that Superman's made it clear what he was going to do. Like. There was no doubt. He outright says so. Bats gave him a chance to turn back. Wanted him to. But Superman was just too far gone.
>>
File: KIIl9Te.jpg (1MB, 1920x1476px) Image search: [Google]
KIIl9Te.jpg
1MB, 1920x1476px
>>377612124
Eh, were all 9 DLC characters revealed? There is still some shitty hope right?
>>
File: file.png (259KB, 884x663px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
259KB, 884x663px
>>377612182

>Superman had a compelling argument at the beginning of Injustice

Dude, you should stop paying attention to what characters say and more to what they do. Shit was always going to turn this way.

Superman wasn't trying to make the world a better place for others, he was trying to cope with his grief by controlling everything little thing that happened because he blamed himself for his inaction in stopping Lois death. He was trying to regain control, to feel in control, to be in control, but he'd never be because every now and then something outside of his control would happen that would threaten the stability he was enforcing with an iron grip. Every time that'd happen he'd lose his shit all over that because he'd feel powerless again.

Fools were the people that bought the propaganda. Trust me, i know Superman.
>>
>>377612182
I don't disagree with you, the story could a would be more compelling if it was a more nuanced of superman just being willing to kill and batman moralfagging. But those stories already exist they're called Kingdom Come and The Elite storyline.

Also I highly doubt NR has the time or talent to actually explore that in their fighting game and by that point the comic writers hands are tied.
The issue here is the contrarian hipster arguing superman is right when he is written to be objectively, moustache twirlingliy wrong.
>>
>>377612232
From what I remember, it's literally double-cursed and on top of a literal hellhole, among other things.
>>
>>377612489
The 9 weren't revealed yet, just the first 3.
I don't Zatanna has a chance since Boon's twitter poll on returning characters ended in favor of only new characters.
>>
>>377612593

Go home, Bruce, you're a terrible dad and a terrible protector of Gotham, which is a literal shithole worse than Detroit.
>>
>>377600710
>fucking Superman has one in most versions,
Superman doesn't have a no kill rule, he just doesn't kill if he could avoid it, its a literal last resort.

The reason Batman doesn't kill is because of public opinion, unlike Superman, Batman doesn't have the backing of the police force, and a lot of the time they're under direction to capture him, his only ally is Gordon, and the only thing that keeps Gordon on his side is that he doesn't kill.

Don't blame batman, blame the criminal system for not getting rid of the idiot.
>>
>>377599509
Superman is a filthy fascist.
>>
File: 025.jpg (63KB, 399x400px) Image search: [Google]
025.jpg
63KB, 399x400px
>>377612705

Gotham was created by Darkseid to serve as the birth-place of Batman, who's meant to be a vessel for his evil essence.

No, seriously.
>>
>>377608940

>All totalitarian dictators acted in the same manner, because fuck historical context right?
>>
>>377599509
>superman making sense
>threatens anyone who doesn't join him with death or imprisonment
>kills a mass group of men and women who protested against him
>kills a child
>kills his friends
>threatens to destroy a whole nation if they don't swear loyalty to superman and join him

yeah, op is a faggot
>>
>>377612625

There are maybe only 2 or 3 /v/irgins in this thread that are defending Superman enslaving Batman / killing Shazam etc. Everyone else is simply defending the concept of killing super villains that have already killed hundreds of civilians before they can kill more of them.
>>
File: 1495300199206.png (16KB, 397x694px) Image search: [Google]
1495300199206.png
16KB, 397x694px
>>377599509
batman was the true villian all along
>>
>>377599509
>muh mary sue shouldnt do any wrong waaaahhhh
he snapped
>>
>>377612836
Is that his grundle? I think I can see his grundle.
>>
>>377611432
he denies being involved but he hired Victor Zsasz
to kill Alfred
>>
>2013 or whenever Man of Steel was released
>Superman kills Zod
>guy screams in the movie theater, at that very moment, "THIS IS NOT MY SUPERMAN, HE WOULDN'T DO THAT!"
>>
>>377613147
that was me
>>
File: 1495165525936.gif (328KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1495165525936.gif
328KB, 500x374px
>>377599509
He killed a child for questioning him.
He almost destroyed a city for bad mouthing him.
Beat green arrow to death in front of his adoptive parents.
Literally couldnt win an argument with Batman so he mind jacked him.

Gee

We need Goku to beat his ass in dlc pack 4.
>>
>>377613147
the difference is Superman didn't become a crazy dictatorship that kills anyone and everyone for disagreeing with him.
>>
>>377599509
they have to make superman blatantly evil so that you'll side with batman, it's not especially morally challenging when super hitler gets told not to brutally murder people by a seemingly alright guy in a funny costume.
>>
>>377599509
I just watched the whole story mode on YouTube. Who the fuck would buy this. Fighting games are trash. Shame that they waste such beautiful graphics on such a limited genre.
>>
>>377613247
don't forget about threatening to kill a entire nation unless they swear loyalty to him and starting a war with the Green Latern Corps
>>
The real blame lies on wonder woman. Never trust women. She pushed supes on
>>
File: Regime Wonder Woman.jpg (81KB, 400x598px) Image search: [Google]
Regime Wonder Woman.jpg
81KB, 400x598px
>>377613147
>Wonder Woman out in two weeks
>High-profile DC fighting portrays Diana as completely evil
The timing of these games will never stop being funny.
>>
>>377613250

He became known as Man of Murder by the mainstream crowd, though. By the way, I forgot to add that this >>377613147 actually happened in my movie theater, it isn't just a story for 4chan and (you)s.

It was crazy, I couldn't believe there were nerds on this level out there.
>>
>>377612836
No way
>>
File: 1458615991635.jpg (411KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1458615991635.jpg
411KB, 1200x1200px
Reminder that when the Joker killed the second Robin, Batman was going to off his ass, but Superman stopped him. Reminder that Batman became suicidal and homicidal even after that, but the third Robin helped him heal his soul.

Reminder that when the Joker killed Jim Gordon's wife, Batman wanted to kill him as well, but Gordon stopped him.

Reminder that Batman has told many times that his favorite pass-time is imagining all kinds of depraved shit he can do to his villains, that he's aware he finds pleasure in inflicting violence and pain, that he dreams of killing them all, that he did he figures he'd never stop.

Batman's not a well-put together guy. Batman also idolize Superman as being 10 times better than him and the who truly simbolize what it means to be a hero, he also think that Wonder Woman's the most perfect woman ever and that she represents the hope of a better tomorrow.

Now imagine how Batman feels in Injustice. Imagine how fighting Regime Superman and Wonder Woman must be for him.
>>
Honestly, If the DC Comics had a death penalty, all of Injustice could have been avoided. Joker would have be dead a long time ago for being a mass murdering, serial killer, terrorist etc but instead the DCU would rather put people in jail regardless of what they've done and have them break out again and again
>>
>>377613323
Indeed.
>>377612593
While killing criminals that are too far gone is a good idea imo (edpecially joker), he did it right after we fucking failed to disarm a normal man in the middle of a city when aparently he is faster than light.
>>
>End of the game
>Brainiac literally destroys Metropolis and Coast City, both cities can't be recovered and are lost forever
>Hal Jordan is a little bit angry, says to Superman "being sad won't bring Carol, my family or Coast City back" and is completely fine after it

Fuck these writers, it was a perfect opportunity for him to become Parallax. Hal Jordan would've never acted this cool after his city was destroyed.
>>
>>377604493
>Damian
>raised to not kill

L O L

O

L
>>
File: LBM-Trailer.jpg (344KB, 1872x1054px) Image search: [Google]
LBM-Trailer.jpg
344KB, 1872x1054px
>>
>>377613474
You're just reading/watching every DCverse where exciting things are happening.
>>
>>377613481
Guess it's like how Roy would lose to Ike
>>
>>377613474

Which makes it totally fine that a few superheroes might think the Justice system is broken and that they should be the ones that decide if criminal should live or die, imo.
>>
>batman makes gold kryptonite at the end of the game
>gold k can stop kryptonian healing and also remove their powers forever
>superman gets locked in the phantom zone after losing his powers
>"I'll be back"

How would he be back, he doesn't have his powers. Gold kryptonite gets rid of Kryptonian powers forever
>>
>>377601101
that's a lewd book
>>
why is wonder woman a gigantic dick
>>
>>377613771

He didn't use the gold kryptonite on him after that moment in Brainiac's ship where he just cuts him with it. Also, nothing is irreversible in comics.
>>
>>377613565
Batman said they would study the ship, right?
It was never stated the cities would be gone forever.
>>
>>377613856

She was jealous of Lois and thinks Superman has the greatest sperm on Earth.
>>
>>377613703
Roy solos everyone in fire emblem dude. everyone.
>>
>>377613893
He didn't use it after? That's fucking stupid.

>has a way to stop superman for good so he's just a man
>doesn't use it
>>
>>377613565
Hal was already copped out to become GL again. He probably has super patience with it
>>
>>377613771

They nerf Superman to the ground to make fights even but then when he loses they rebuff
>>
>>377613972

No, it's stated that Metropolis and Coast City are gone forever. The other ones might still be saved, if they get to study those.
>>
File: 1454274970312.jpg (1MB, 960x1469px) Image search: [Google]
1454274970312.jpg
1MB, 960x1469px
How thirsty is WW for the angry super cock?
>>
>>377607398
>Implying that isn't the real reason why he wanted earth in the first place
based Braniac
>>
>>377613147
>Be Boon
>2016
>go to literally any discussion of MoS
>WAHHH WAHHHHH NOT MUH SUPES HE KILLED AND THAT'S BAD WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
>have ingenious idea
>go back in time to 2011
>tell DC my master plan
>create Injustice
>make millions off of neetbux and wageslaves
this happened, and you can't convince me otherwise
>>
>>377611541
That's dumb af because most of the heroes dont or cant leave earth. Many of them can communicate telepathically as well.
And how the fuck wasnt batman prepared for alien invasion?
>>
>>377599509
The fact that villains have "concocted plans to kill millions of people and ran out of prison every time" is a conceit of the medium, not an actual aspect of the characters.
Comic books being retarded and repetitive can't justify someone in them going, "you know what, fuck this shit," because then the comic book wouldn't continue.
>>
>>377613771
>"Forever"
>Comics
>Named character
Ok buddy sure.
>>
>>377610451
And im very in touch with my inner child
>>
>>377614358
>That's dumb af because most of the heroes dont or cant leave earth
The idea is that they wouldn't be heroes anymore if everything were chill, which I disagree with. I should hope they'd move on to other places on earth and that it would likely take a few life spans to actually shutter significant organized crime.
>batman
It really doesn't matter. The game is over if the heroes win or the villains win.
>>
>>377602801
Wouldn't a functioning justice system actually alter and suit the situation thats in Gotham though? A tremendous amount of their problems come from their vigilante superhero failying to permamently deal with villains that killed more people than Hitler and Stalin combined and because they are classified criminally insane and their treatment has been failing disasterously.

I'm pretty sure that, realistically speaking, laws would be amended within a moment (or even martial law would be implemented) to deal with the likes of Joker after an year of them plotting and committing mass genocide for shits and giggles.
>>
>>377614771

There are heroes who would NETFLIX and chill. For example Superman.

Batman, though? Nah.
>>
>>377614825
I wonder what batman would do if Gordon tells him "Okay bats, it ends tonight.

Capture him and we will execute the joker once and for all when you arrive."
>>
>>377602156
why doesn't batman use all his money to do this?
>>
File: 1395627383180.jpg (33KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1395627383180.jpg
33KB, 400x400px
Have you guys ever read about Alan Moore's pitch TWILIGHT OF THE GODS? This is the pitch that influenced DC to do all these darker takes on their characters, specially the ones where Superman and Wonder Woman rule the Earth as godly royalty.

He theorized that because in DC the population put so much faith in the meta-human heroes that eventually society would crumble for their over-reliance on these gods with flawless morality and that most of the godly DC heroes would form clans a la GoT.

It's pretty nice shit.
>>
>>377614825
Im sure Joker would be deemed a terrorist and declared a non-person and stripped of human rights if he pulled that shit in real life.
>>
>>377615040
Why doesnt he help by giving money to the poor so they dont turn to petty crime to live?
>>
>>377609401
There was that one time he tried to go back in time to stop Batman's parents from getting murdered. He fucked up so bad, that perhaps in all universes he has learned to not fuck with Batman + the past
>>
Batman can't kill the Joker because he's their most popular and well known villain. That's it.
>>
>>377615145
Batman would probably go around breaking arms if someone attempts to shoot the joker in the police department.
>>
>Just kill the Joker and all the other villains who have killed more than 100 people
>Suddenly the entire world is safer and less people die

Comic book writing is fucking retarded and anybody who says it isn't is lying to themselves.
>>
>>377609401
welcome to injustice 3 ending.
>>
>>377614860
He can go about fixing the world then. That should keep him busy.

That comic series would be sort of interesting. Batman travels the world because Gotham is doing well without him and major threats have all been dealt with.
>>
>>377615208
He does. As Bruce Wayne, he invested billions of dollars into developing Gotham.
>>
>>377615034
Well the point is it's not him who's meant to ultimately be judge, jury, executioner, it's the people and the law.

So he's bound to either follow through with delivering the Joker and whatever other madman he captures every saturday pretty much to the electric chair or he stops doing that and starts abusing his power.
>>
>>377615316
The problem with killing joker in injustice is that they didnt do it before he blew up metropolis.
>>
>>377599669
This.

Batman is clearly insane, but the real fault lies in society/Gotham/Metropolis for not just executing super villains once they're behind bars. It isn't Batman's job to play judge, jury and executioner. Even the fact that he puts his life in danger to put these criminals behind bars is asking too much of him.
>>
Instead of complaining about how superman is out of character look at WW

>story hinting at redeeming superman
>WW shows up and tells him to kill him
>superman goes full evil again

KILL WW NRS
>>
You're telling me that they mixed vidya and comics, the two mediums with the worst stories, and the story turned out crap?

Makes you think
>>
>>377615208
Batman secretly sabotages Gotham's schools so that they to churn out thugs for him to fight.
>>
>>377615289
Couldn't be. That's too easy. Lets try to justify it with 500 replies instead.
>>
>>377615297
He would if the Joker was not sentenced to death. If the courts declare as such, its not up to Batman to do/say otherwise.
>>
File: AbsolutionRubicon1FinalJustice1.jpg (960KB, 1500x2281px) Image search: [Google]
AbsolutionRubicon1FinalJustice1.jpg
960KB, 1500x2281px
This edgy piece of shit did the entire Injustice story better than it did itself.

In fact this might very well have had a massive impact on Injustice in the first place.
>>
>>377602049
I would be fine with killing Joker, but I wouldn't do it myself since I'm mentally too much of a pussy to kill anyone unless I have no choice.
>>
>>377615494
Bruce Wayne is known to have loudly advocated against raising education spending in Gotham. His argument was to spend the money on basketball courts and zoning for more liquor stores
>>
>>377599509
The comics flesh it out a lot better. Basically Superman goes through 5 years of increasingly retarded shit that forces him to step in and intervene, often killing someone, in the process. However killing got increasingly easier as a solution to the point that he automatically blamed someone else every time he killed because he just didn't want to put up with the bullshit anymore (You FORCED me to kill him!).

By the time the game starts he adopts a full dindu mentality and becomes the dictator we see.
>>
>>377615590
It would be pretty interesting to see what he would do if joker wad sentenced to death.

Would he go insane and actually want to save him because deep inside he knows they complement each other, would he accept his execution?
>>
>>377615739
Don't forget WW talking him into doing it all.
>>
>>377615440
WW is literally a walking diabolus ex machina. Unlike Superman, who had a reason for falling to evil, Wonderwoman in this universe literally starts out evil. She's constantly telling Superman to kill everyone and wants to fuck him and we're never given a reason why.
>>
>>377615832
Same reason why Lex is a genuine good guy in the Injustice universe
>>
>>377615896
He was always a good guy.

A bussiness man, yes.

But he only wanted superman out so humanity wouldnt rely in him.
>>
>>377612836
>dick and balls visible
Cool.
>>
>>377615896
Lex still let Metropolis be nuked, so no.
>>
File: 2937029-luthor7.jpg (239KB, 924x1350px) Image search: [Google]
2937029-luthor7.jpg
239KB, 924x1350px
>>377615990
>Lex was always a genuine good guy
>>
So how's the game? Worth a buy?
>>
File: 1493232265528.jpg (41KB, 241x291px) Image search: [Google]
1493232265528.jpg
41KB, 241x291px
>>377616023
I wonder who's behind this post...
>>
File: 2937025-luthor4.jpg (273KB, 897x1356px) Image search: [Google]
2937025-luthor4.jpg
273KB, 897x1356px
>Lex will never off you literal millions to be his buttslut for a month or two
>>
File: In a Roman Osteria.jpg (219KB, 1273x1024px) Image search: [Google]
In a Roman Osteria.jpg
219KB, 1273x1024px
>>377616280
>playing video games
>>
>>377616338
Wrong post
>>377615990

Brilliant misfire, me.
>>
Injustice WW probably gave Joker the nuke so she could get Lois out of the way and have that supercock all to herself.
>>
File: harley ending.jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
harley ending.jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
>>377599509
I dislike how they are trying to make Harley into a sympathetic anti hero. Especially in this universe where she played a huge part in making Superman go nuclear in the first place. She even played a direct role in getting one of his good friends shot in the head.

Boo hoo she was abused by Joker, so fucking what? Am I supposed to feel bad for her after all the shit she did?
>>
File: tumblr_nb6iumLREH1s2u4wdo2_1280.jpg (187KB, 600x916px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nb6iumLREH1s2u4wdo2_1280.jpg
187KB, 600x916px
>>
>>377600000
It's a trait of autism to just slippery slope and extrapolate everything

>if you forbid your kid from eating 2 cakes at once all by himself you'll literally deprive the kid of nutrition later on
>>
>>377615796
Batman wouldnt save him. He would legitimately crack a smile because Joker getting executed means Gotham is finally cleaning itself up.
>>
>>377616480
Blame her popularity with chicks.
>>
This shit always turns into haughty arguments about ethics but the real answer is to fire whatever dipshits are responsible for letting criminals break out.

They have to force the capeshit trope of endlessly returning villains for this argument to even make the sense.
>>
>>377616279
I don't get it.
>>
>>377616541
Everyone whose autistic also drinks water
>>
File: 1386403620392.png (661KB, 608x695px) Image search: [Google]
1386403620392.png
661KB, 608x695px
>>377607151
>never tested by an evil lex
>>
File: Superman Maggin & Moore 005.jpg (638KB, 1189x1297px) Image search: [Google]
Superman Maggin & Moore 005.jpg
638KB, 1189x1297px
>>377615097

Tell me more about that. Alan Moore is the best and I've never heard of that.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1155x1584px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1155x1584px
>>377604625
Didn't get up on them blue tiddies
>>
>>377599509
>spies on people in secret
>no ones cares
>in secret
Gee I wonder why.
>>
>>377616578
This. I don't know why recent writers try to Homo their relationship.
>>
File: Justice_Lords.png (113KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
Justice_Lords.png
113KB, 444x250px
>>377599509
There was nothing really wrong with the system they had before. The problem lied with Gotham not Killing their criminals. Batman does his job and brings in the criminals, now it their turn to decide whether or not they should kill them. But they don't because it's a FUCKING comic dude.

Superman is wrong because he wanted to kill criminals before they commit the crime. But even they that wasn't enough he also wanted to take away freewill of the people. Giving them all a set time that they can't leave their homes and gave Super pills to his storm troopers. Who would then abuse their power and fuck up civilians. Plus he was killing innocent people left and right.(Billy, Ollie and warehouse full of Joker Sympathizers).

They both sound like children. Batman doesn't want to kill ones that need to be remove and Superman thinks he can put the world in a glass bottle. What Superman should have done was just judge the rest of the criminals himself with the JL, lobotomized Joker and the rest of the evil villains. Batman wouldn't care and JL would still be a thing and the world would still pretty much be the same but better.
>>
File: irredemable.jpg (91KB, 540x522px) Image search: [Google]
irredemable.jpg
91KB, 540x522px
>>377615679
you mean this
irredeemable is much more on point for the storyline of injustice, but instead of killing for his own twisted version of justice, its just slaughter
>>
>>377616676
>a
I posted it out of order but basically Lex ask random wageslave women to be unfaithful for a million dollarydoos and then bails before they can answer fucking them up mentally
>>
>>377615417

Vigilantism is against the law.
>>
>>377616469
Except in the end, it wasnt Lois that was Superman's love interest but Batman. She should've nuked Gotham and Batman if she truly wanted the supercock to herself.
>>
>>377616809
This Batman would flip his shit if the JL became Judge, Jury and executioner.

The US government needs to grow some balls.
>>
>>377614102
He DID use it after, that anon is fucking retarded. Why do you think Kara had to hide while Batman was spraying Clark with gold light?
>>
>>377616279
>>377616406
>>377616536
>>377616865
Then he later used that encounter as part of his keikaku to become president
>>
>>377616872
>>377603731
>>
>>377615417
actually, in one of the stories, elseworlds I think or not. Joker was actually sentenced to death immediately. Batman went around and concocted a plan that would reveal Joker was innocent all along
>>
>>377616280

It's fun as fuck. The story is retarded but the character interactions are 10/10. Presentation is best in the biz and it has tons of shit to do.
>>
Batman summed it up best in his ending.

Heroes do not GOVERN the people.
They PROTECT the people.
Heroes are not judge, jury and executioner.
They're simply supposed to protect people from these powerful assholes and turn them into the authorities.

The ones who have truly failed in the Injustice universe are the governments who fail to execute people like Joker and Zasz, and also fail to contain them.

What happens after the hero turns them in is not on the hero.

Superman was fucking insane and killed not only criminals but anyone that questioned or opposed his rule. Including children.
>>
>>377617086
>keikaku
?
>>
>>377602630
Usually it's said as "visual leitmotif" or something to distinguish that it's referring to a specific element but OP's use is completely incorrect anyway, since he just wanted to use the word theme.

OP doesnt understand Superman anyway, the concept is the best of humanity from someone who isn't even human. Got some interesting implications of culture vs nationality now that I think about it.
>>
>Batman, we have orders to kill The Joker on sight
>No, officer you can't.
>Why not?
>slippery slope
>>
>>377610567
I was replaying Injustice 1 story and WW and SM are great. The problem with Injustice 2 is that there's no Good versions and you are just left with the shitty bad ones and it makes you hate both of them.
>>
>>377603128
You sound like an absolute bitch.
>>
>>377617145
Although not an agent of the justice system, he behaved in a manner that upheld its ideals.

People being sentenced for the crimes they actually commit (jury null aside).
>>
>>377616480

This is literally what kills the argument in favor of Batman. Harley being out of prison and in his "circle of trust" is the dumbest thing in comics since the Silver Age.
>>
>>377617239
>Things that never happened for $500, Alex

Batman knows the Joker needs to die. He just believes heroes outside of the law can't be the ones to do it
>>
>>377617184
https://youtu.be/UENxZiDpPFA
>>
>>377615796
Batman himself doesn't kill.

He doesn't have a problem with the rightfully elected and competent executors of the law trying Joker and finding him guilty.

He has a problem with a giant manbaby that believes it's right to kill everyone who disagrees with you on your tyrannical rampage.
>>
File: It is tentacle rape.jpg (219KB, 507x516px) Image search: [Google]
It is tentacle rape.jpg
219KB, 507x516px
>>377616731

Basically, right after he finished Watchmen he was pretty happy with the success of his comic and the at then first ever cross-over event in comics called Crisis on Infinite Earths that in the end rebooted the DC Universe. He thought that the idea of cross-over events was radical and wanted to do one of his own for DC using the DC characters and the new DC Universe setting that had just been born.

The 12-issued maxi-series cross-over event was TWILIGHT OF THE GODS, a story involving the future of this new DC Universe that would see the meta-human heroes ruling the planet as gods, as well as a time-travel plot that would tie this future time-line to the current time-line thus cementing the story in the canon for the new and greater DC Universe.

DC, though, never managed to produce this thing with Moore, because right after they started to fight over the Watchmen rights. Still, DC kept the pitch and over the years this pitch influenced stories such as KINGDOM COME, FLASHPOINT, INJUSTICE and what have you.

I'll try to resume the plot in the subsequent posts. I hope i won't derail the thread.
>>
>>377617145
Which one? Because I think I know which story you're refering to and that you're possibly getting your plot mixed up.
>>
>>377602914
I find it retarded that superman wouldnt just catch the arrow after or before it hit him, either as a display of power or to stop his dad dying in the dumbest way possible, even dumber than tripping on a goddamn rock.
>>
>>377617362
>>377616480
There was actually a really good argument for why he keeps her around that I saw yesterday. Basically Harley becoming a better person is proof to Batman that his philosophy is correct, that evil people can change and redeem themselves. And since Harley can change, it gives him hope that Clark can still be saved too.
>>
>>377616480
Harley is a living breathing example of reform and hope, one is a thing Batman believes in the other is something Kara believes in (and apparently the House of El stands for).

It's not a coincidence she is so prominent in the story.
>>
>>377617086
What series is this? I'm really interested.
>>
>>377616773

None of the people reading the comics and playing the games, you dumb-dumb.
>>
>>377599509
>completely going out of character since his whole leitmotiv
FYI incorrect usage of leitmotiv

Leitmotivs are the musical cues of a character (the superman theme, imperial march in star wars, etc). You are thinking of a characters morales/ethics.
>>
>>377617394
Exactly. Law enforcement can do it because they have the legitimate (recognized and put in place by the people) monopoly on violence. It's a system of people versus some random fuck deciding on a whim who lives or dies.
>>
>>377614195
Who's the artist, mane?
>>
>>377599509
>Batman creates a literal worldwide surveillance system that spies on people in secret, called Brother Eye, and no one cares.
The ending of the game lays it on thick you moron. The nuke and the regime changed both Batman and Superman into worse people than they were before. They even state this explicitly.
>>
>>377617362
That wasn't the real circle of trust. Everyone who thinks they're in his circle of trust is being tested or manipulated.

The only person in Batman's circle of trust is Batman, though Alfred is in the circle just beyond the trust circle.

Circle 1: Batman
Circle 2: Alfred, Batman
Circle 3: Robin types, Alfred, Batman
Circle 4: More or less everyone he considers a close ally and Harley
>>
>>377614195
For as evil as she is, Injustice Wonder Woman is in love with Clark for sure. I'm surprised we haven't gotten a pregnancy plot.
>>
File: tomo.png (203KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
tomo.png
203KB, 500x496px
>>377608940
See, one of them killed 100 Million people, and the other one did nothing wrong
>>
File: supergirl being a cunt.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
supergirl being a cunt.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
>Superman and Batman having a moral argument about if they should kill Brainiac or not
>Batman pulls out a power-sapping knife like a bitch and stabs Supes
>Next Scene Supergirl says "Wow, I can't believe Clark betrayed us like that!"
>>
>>377599939
Its canon to its own universe dummy.
>>
File: IMG_1315.jpg (986KB, 2428x3207px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1315.jpg
986KB, 2428x3207px
Anyone love that Scarcrows fights are all in the other fighters head and not real physical fights?
>>
>>377610959
Did they really have to forcefully introduce politics?
>>
File: the-joker-kills-jimmy-olsen-3.jpg (277KB, 1977x1520px) Image search: [Google]
the-joker-kills-jimmy-olsen-3.jpg
277KB, 1977x1520px
>>377617548
And what of the people who suffered because of her? Jimmy Olsen? Those two random police officers she killed after hearing about Joker's death? She can reform herself in prison, not going around as a hero. Trying to make her a sympathetic character is disgusting.
>>
>>377616279
>lex being video related
lel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0xoKiH8JJM
>>
File: whoa.gif (2MB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
whoa.gif
2MB, 288x288px
SUPERMAN KILLS A CHILD IN THE FIRST GAME

Think about that
>>
>>377617834
I'll put non-Injustice Superman right up there on the list. Assuming its not mind-control, Batman trusts Superman as much as he trusts himself.
>>
>>377617934
I think she was saying that Bruce knew Superman and his team were going to try and seize the ship and kill Brainiac.
>>
File: daddy.jpg (15KB, 600x248px) Image search: [Google]
daddy.jpg
15KB, 600x248px
>>377617527
You didn't notice it because it was off-panel, but this happened just before Superman was going to react.

He knew what had to be done.
>>
>>377617934
too be fair Superman was starting shit again. Knowing Injustice Superman he probably was going to kill Bruce right there like a cunt
>>
>>377599509
Anyone who thinks the authority should have the right to off criminals left and right have far too much faith in the people behind the authority. People are flawed and cannot handle too much power. I like the idea of Batman not taking lives because once he takes that easy way out he's not sure he'll be able to stop.
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 225x225px
>>377617436

Okay, getting down and dirty into the story. Rip Hunter, the time-traveling guy from the shitty The CW's LEGENDS OF TOMORROW live action series, makes contact with John Constantine, and convinces Constantine that not only is Hunter from the future, but he also has been in contact with Constantine’s future self, and boy have they got a mission for him! They need to warn all of the heroes not to do things that bring them closer to Twilight.

What is the horrible “Twilight” that we need to avoid?

In 1995 or so, some super-villains tried to take advantage of the social chaos spreading over the world. So the Justice League started really cracking down on super-villains. It was presumably no longer possible to just hand the villains over to the authorities, since there were none. Shit has been completely fucked. This was generally looked on by the public as a GOOD THING; the Justice League were seen as forces for order in a world fast crumbling. Unfortunately it went to their heads and they actually tried to consolidate their power; one part of this was outlawing aliens. This caused a rift among the heroes, specially Batman, like always, that eventually led to the breakup of the Justice League and many other teams associated with it into rival "Houses".

Now, the Houses of Steel, made up of the married Superman and Superwoman (Wonder Woman), and Thunder, mad up of Captain Marvel/Shazam and his cousin Mary Marvel who he married, are preparing for the upcoming marriage between Superboy, Superman and Superwoman's son, and Mary Marvel Jr., Captain Marvel and Mary Marvel's incestuous daughter. This causes a lot of stress both within and without the two Houses: alone, the “lesser” Houses could have withstood, by joining together, an assault by either Steel or Thunder; together, Steel and Thunder will be invincible.

1/?.
>>
>>377617971
One part of reforming someone is looking past what they've done. It's been 5 years since the previous Injustice and the fact that Batman trusts her that much means she is a different person.

And prisons don't rehabilitate. They're just giant warehouses for humans.

Batman believes most people can better themselves.
Superman believes people are inherently, irrevocably shit and should be controlled like cattle.
>>
>>377617239
>>377617394
>>377617432

"Heroes" outside the law can't go around beating people either. People didn't give them the right to do it, they're doing it because they want to. That's the police's job, I don't care how powerful the criminals are. Go get hired by the government to act as a police officer if you want to do it.

Beating people around is also against the law, the problem is that Batman thinks it's a-ok to do that, but not ok to take a life in the name of justice. Sure, one is more extreme than the other, but both are against the law and anyone that defends one while condemning the other is a hypocrite.
>>
>>377617716
What if he kills him and then turns himself in?
>>
>>377617843
Probably because Superman is too busy being gay/tsundere for Batman. Like, I can legitimately imagine Superman giving WW the D and suddenly calls out Batman's name.
>>
All i wanna say is that yall is autistic as fuck.
>>
>>377617971
She also put the drugs in Louis and whatever the weird timer/pulse reader was
And she was the only reason the plan work because she was needed to drive the sub
>>
>>377617843
Injustice Clark has fertility issues that threaten his sense of masculinity, so they haven't gone to a doctor about it, though Injustice WW has been coaxing him toward doing so.
>>
>>377618237
Holy fuck, I laughed. That imagery, wow.
>>
>>377618198
proceed
>>
>>377618121
Bravo snyder
I dont think I will ever stop being mad about MOS
>>
File: 1487155418564.jpg (46KB, 634x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1487155418564.jpg
46KB, 634x1000px
>>377617960
thats why superhero comics set in the real world sucks. because sooner or later, it will stumble on real world politics.

like how retarded the no-kill policy thing comics has i pointed this out >>377608519
>>
>>377617562
Superman #163 is the specific moment I'm thinking of, but I don't have the page on hand right now.
The general storyline happened over a few books somewhere around the No Man's Land arc.
>>
>>377616480
>exceeding low double standards
Harley is a woman so its socially consistent
>>
>>377618054
The way he killed him was so fucking cold too. He look him dead in the eyes using his heat vision till he burn exit holes where his eyes would line up.

That is a monster of a man.
>>
>>377618054
He was super huge and muscly thou
Captain Marvel's story in the first injustice is incredibly depressing.
>>
>>377599509
>Hell, Batman creates a literal worldwide surveillance system that spies on people in secret, called Brother Eye, and no one cares.

that's supposed to key you into the fact that neither are ideal. Superman is clearly bad, but Batman isn't ideal for the people of earth either.
>>
>>377618221
Why Batman? Why not have WW do the same thing?
>>
>>377618054
The way he killed him too, Injustice Superman is WAY beyond redemption.
>>
File: 1482844292968.gif (2MB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
1482844292968.gif
2MB, 224x224px
>>377599509
The only reason superheroes never killed their rogues is for the sake of writing more comics
Now that authors are starting to pull all the stops and just make different universes for whatever their story needs there's no real reason for heroes to not at least think about it when push comes to shove
Batman is a fucking relic and I'm tired of him and the holier than thou preptime horseshit that follows him
>>
>>377618054
Superman recruited fucking Sinestro
>>
>>377608374
>Forgetting about Shazam
He straight up murders him for having a different opinion.
>>
>>377617534

I'm not saying Harley can't change, I'm saying she hasn't paid for her crimes. Batman can totally believe she has changed, but Batman would still have her pay for her crimes by going to prison, so it's out of character to let her stick around in his batcave and joking about the "good ol' days" when she was part of the bad guys' team. Joker didn't force her to do anything.
>>
>>377618434
Superman stops Captain Marvel from screaming Shazam and Shazam; a Super Hero whom has always been the physical equal of Superman, is unable to resist him in any way.

Either Injustice 1 pussied out of depicting child murder or they know absolutely shit about the source material.
>>
>>377618221
I believe there have been several gotham cops with the exact same idea.
As for why Batman doesn't do it?
Muh symbol of just-ass or some autistic shit.
>>
>>377609568
Turns out shit talking Superman has consequences.
>>
>>377618220
Yeah, it's breaking the law dumbfuck. It's vigilantism. And Gordon lets Batman get away with it because Gotham has frankly ineffectual police that can't be everywhere at once. Batman is saving lives, and Gordon can't a conscienceable reason to stand against that. Batman isn't jailing the criminals himself in a private location, or enacting his own criminal trials. He's handing them off to police after stopping crimes in progress, to properly be judged. There's still a clear boundary between what Batman can and can't do within the law.

That changes if Batman kills. Now he's judging these criminals himself and carrying out an unlawful sentence. Gordon wouldn't be able to ignore him any longer.

Do you get it yet? If you cant suspend your disbelief this tiny amount why do you even care about capeshit?
>>
>>377618486
it doesn't matter. I just said Batman because I used him for an example earlier.
>>
>>377618587
He just laser lobotomises him bro, what are you talking about?
>>
>>377617971
>>377617548

Nah dude, all that matters is that she's good now! As long as you say you are good, then who cares you killed a few dozen guys here, a few hundreds there... All it matters is that NOW you're a good person!
>>
>>377618339
I wasnt kidding anon. Injustice Superman have this utter fascination with Injustice Batman. The comic takes on a whole new perspective when you have Superman as the jilted ex-lover of Batman.
>>
File: 6758754848.gif (266KB, 478x369px) Image search: [Google]
6758754848.gif
266KB, 478x369px
>>377618054
and everyone just stood there and watch it. Flash GL, Cybrog, and none of them stop him they just watch as he spent a good minute melting a kids brain.
>>
>>377618550
The reason she's being used to help is that the government is in reconstruction. There's no armies and barely any police. Batman needs any pair of hands he can get.
>>
>>377617934
Why would she make that cute girl cry
>>
>>377618530

I know who Sinestro is but not too much about comic books, and you keep saying this in this thread. Please elaborate, I'm very curious as to why that specifically is a point of contention for you.

No sarcasm. I'm intrigued!
>>
>>377599509
>a literal worldwide surveillance system that spies on people in secret, called Brother Eye, and no one cares.

Exactly like the nsa is doing with the real world and nobody cares.
>>
File: 02.jpg (425KB, 1405x1080px) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
425KB, 1405x1080px
The good ol' Question is investigating a murder mystery: a midget went to a brothel room with a very tall, beautiful call girl that nobody had ever seen before. When the door was broken down several hours later, the midget was found bound and gagged, his neck broken by a single clean blow. The room was locked with no other exit. The call girl was gone. There was no murder weapon.

The House of Steel is having trouble trying to conceal Superboy’s sadist and sociopathic behavior, because it seems all of Superman and Wonder Woman's children end up being fucked in the head in all continuities. The House of Thunder is having trouble trying to conceal the tryst between Captain Marvel Jr, the friend of Captain Marvel and Mary Marvel, and Mary Marvel, because Captain Marvel is finally beginning to show some real interest in his cousin-wife. And of course Mary Marvel Jr doesn't really want to marry the sociopathic Superboy.

Old Man Constantine makes a note of all of these stresses, moving in and among the various factions.

The lesser Houses begin to formulate plans for an attack on the Houses of Steel and Thunder. Blackhawk, the old war-hero full of hidden nazi treasure, continues his recruitment of new Blackhawks. Old Man Constantine makes contact with the “elite counsel” of mysterious normal heroes that has been fighting the Houses for ages, made up of the Shadow and the Batman among other crazy fuckers, encouraging them in their plans to oust all superheroes from Earth. He discovers Adam Strange, the space-traveling guy who decided to live in the planet Rann, and learns of--and encourages--the alien take-over plan. He informs Captain Marvel of the attack plan, and through the lighting of a cigarette convinces Marvel not to aid the House of Steel. He even makes contact with Gold, one of the Metal Men robots, and an “old, crippled man”, who turns out to be Metron, banished to Earth. He tricks Gold into being melted down, and makes use of Metron’s Moebius Chair.

2/?
>>
File: supergirl of murder.webm (1MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
supergirl of murder.webm
1MB, 1024x576px
>>377618071
>>377618150
The line still felt incredibly stupid and unclear.

Plus I just fucking hate everything about Batman in these games and think Clark was totally in the right.

Aside from the child murder thing.
>>
>>377618893

Shouldn't he have black face paint all around his eyes when his mask is removed?
>>
>>377618885
Red Kryptonite
>>
File: ryan-gosling3.jpg (1MB, 2196x3000px) Image search: [Google]
ryan-gosling3.jpg
1MB, 2196x3000px
>>377608374

Fucking Grade-A post there. Got me fucking good.
>>
>>377617596

>leitmotiv
>noun [ C ] also leitmotif UK /ˈlaJt.məʊ.tiːf/ US /ˈlaJt.moʊ.t̬iːf/ specialized

>a phrase or other feature that is repeated often in a work of art, literature, or music and that tells you something important about it:
>Death and renewal are leitmotivs running through the whole novel.

I don't see how it can't be used to express a recurring theme in a story, in this case, Superman's reasons.
>>
>>377618923
>Aside from the child murder thing.
Too bad for you that's the proof he was in the wrong.
>>
>>377618893
Mary Marvel is fine af
>>
>>377618054
Why do the Injustice writers just portray heroes as evil assholes for no fucking reason. No subtlety at all.
Except Batman. Batman always has to be the paragon of virtue despite everyone else going wildly out of character
>>
>>377616480
Being abused by evil men now gives you the right to kill as many as you'd like and still be redeemed. Woman are incapable of being truly evil is always Men's fault.
>>
>>377618701
After immobilizing him with one hand around Captain Marvel's throat. Superman should never be able to effortlessly restrain Captain Marvel unless he is in boy form. Captain Marvel, Martian Manhunter, and Flash can keep Superman in check without bullshit writing.
>>
>>377618550
Crimes for when she was legitimately insane? That's the entire point of rehabiliation for the mentally insane. Harlene getting better is proof that rehabilitation works and that the mentally insane are not in control of their action. Joker, on the other hand, is someone I like to argue as someone that abuses the definition of insanity for his benefit and wouldnt let the insanity defense apply to him because he cannot be/wont be rehabilitated.
>>
>>377618071
>>377618150

>if Batman didn't act first, Superman would surely have done something bad!

Preemptive strikes and acting on thought crimes is fine as long as you're on Batman's side. I see.
>>
>>377609401
Because the Speed Force would start fucking with him for changing things
>>
File: starfire upset.gif (982KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
starfire upset.gif
982KB, 400x300px
>People actually dislike the Injustice storyline
>When it's one of the best storylines we've had for a western medium in years

I feel bad for you guys. Next you're going to reply saying Dark Souls is a good game with deep lore not trolling
>>
>>377619179
I forgot about that.
You could say that he didn't resist because he still couldnt bring himself to hurt his hero but yeah, it's incredibly flimsy and contrived.
>>
File: 1488468531513.jpg (263KB, 740x667px) Image search: [Google]
1488468531513.jpg
263KB, 740x667px
>>377619118
>Multiple anons give actual thematically appropriate explanations for why Harley is allowed to help the heroes
>But a couple asspained people still want to pin it on muh boogeyman
I don't know why it's funny, but it's funny.
>>
My personal thought is that superheroes should NEVER kill. It's not just an issue of morality or ehtics or whatever. Superheroes SHOULD. NOT. KILL. Once you cross that line, it brings up way too many questions and issues. You'd have a hundred Amanda Wallers breathing down your neck, watching you, just waiting for you to tip-toe out of line. If Superman kills, then it'll sew the seeds of distrust and fear. Once that happens, there's no going back. Superman is way too powerful to kill. He has to keep up a squeaky-clean image, making sure that people have as little reason to doubt him as possible.

Batman, though not to Superman's level, has similar reasons to not kill. It would kill his relationship with the GCPD, which would hurt his efficacy. His refusal to kill is the prime reason why he's not treated as just a vigilante and it's the only reason that Gordon is able to cover for him. If he goes out of line, everything's fucked.

Superheroes just can't afford to kill anyone. It might solve some problems, but it'd bring up a whole slew of new ones.
>>
People siding with Injustice Superman are the same people who post villains who did nothing wrong threads.
>>
>>377618204
>One part of reforming someone is looking past what they've done

There's a line. If somebody was a thief then sure, but a sadistic murderer? And would all the victims of her crimes "look past what she'd done"? No, they wouldn't. If Batman wants to be consistent with his own definition of justice, then she should be in prison for her crimes, not part of his team to fight the problem that she had a direct hand in creating.

>>377618747
The only reason that Superman hasn't killed her in the Injustice universe for her part in Lois's death is because Harely is DC's new flagship character.
>>
>>377619186
>Rehabilitated
>Becomes a pedophile
>>
>>377618893
I love story time.
>>
>>377619038
He and I (certainly me) were taught its Wagnerian meaning which refers very specifically to music.
>>
>>377613771
I imagine any of the deities that live in the Phantom Zone will just re-empower him and turn him into their avatar of destruction or some shit. Or you'll see a Red Lantern ring float in through a portal and land on his astral body's finger or some shit.
>>
File: Superfit.jpg (122KB, 648x668px) Image search: [Google]
Superfit.jpg
122KB, 648x668px
The day of the wedding, the various attacks go as planned: Superwoman (Wonder Woman) kills Wonder Woman (Wonder Girl and Diana's sister). Captain Atom kills Superwoman. Superboy, most of the old Justice League heroes are also killed. Captain Marvel Jr and Mary Marvel escape into space to start a new life. Supergirl, Superman and Superwoman not so crazy daughter, goes with them.

Eventually, only Superman and Captain Marvel remain standing, back-to-back, Superman badly beaten. An army of Hawkmen, Lanterns, and Martians arrive by Zeta Beam, the Adam Strange teleportation tech. Superman prepares to go into battle again, alongside Captain Marvel. But!!!!

Captain Marvel isn’t Captain Marvel, and hasn't been since the story began. Originally a boy (Billy Batson) stuck in a man’s body (Captain Marvel’s), as he grew older he became a man stuck in a boy’s body. Among the many psychological problems developed were a few sexual ones, meaning that along wanting to impregnate his cousin he wasn't capable of normal sex. He was the “midget” who had been found bound, gagged, and dead. Killed by the Martian Manhunter, who had disguised himself as the tall hooker and has been working as an agent of the aliens, on Earth. The Manhunter then took Captain Marvel’s form.

Superman and the Martian Manhunter fight it out, Superman killing Manhunter with his heat vision. But, it is too late. The aliens are massed against only Superman now. “We have a powerful and intense sequence where Superman manages to smash his way through a lot of the alien forces single-handed while being ring-whipped by the Lanterns, only to finally be beaten to death in single combat by the massive and frighteningly powerful Sodal Yat, the Damaxite Lantern.”

2/?
>>
>>377619339
>The only reason that Superman hasn't killed her in the Injustice universe for her part in Lois's death is because Harely is DC's new flagship character.
Actually it was because the other heroes hid her from him, so he wouldn't kill her and drag himself further into the crazy. But I guess you're too busy complaining about comics you haven't read to fact check that.
>>
>>377613670
best batman
>>
>>377619229
You earn that exception when you're always right
>>
You know what I think would be cool? If the Injustice universe clashed with the Crime Syndicate universe and started a war between worlds.
>>
>>377619294
>Multiple anons give actual thematically appropriate explanations for why Harley is allowed to help the heroes
She isn't she is suppose to be in jail and then she can come out and redeem herself all she wants, but fuck that she was abused so it doesn't matter. I am just tired of stories pinning it on Men.
>>
>>377619270
Then he'd fuck it back
>>
>>377599509
I dont care about any of this. Wer the supergirl sfm at?
>>
It is fun.

I am reminded of marvel's civil war stuff. Joey Q was adamant that the pro-registration side was the only ethically right side, and they wrote the stories exactly to his liking.

Naturally, they portrayed that side as completely batshit insane, because that's how reasonable humans view his ideas.

Tons of double-backing and character assassination afterwards to save face.
>>
>>377613147
>Superman doesn't kill

This has always bothered me. He does kill. Rarely, but he does.
>>
File: Superman-in-Injustice.jpg (33KB, 1024x542px) Image search: [Google]
Superman-in-Injustice.jpg
33KB, 1024x542px
>>377611432
At this point Sups already murder Green Arrow, Martian Manhunter, Black Canary,(or he though he did in her case), threw the defecting Teen Titans in a phantom zone and other things I'm sure. Killing Alfred was more like hiring a person to take the garbage out for him.
>>
>>377619372
Yes, and your point being?
>>
>>377619765
He'd kill Darkseid in a heartbeat if he could.

Personally, I feel like if Superman's gonna kill, he should do it where no one can see him.
>>
>>377618923
No one in Injustice was totally right, dummy. Except for the good universe. This universe was destiny to be shit.
>>
>>377618519

>b-b-b-b-b-but everyone needs a second chance! We can't cross that line! Superman can be redeemed cause everyone can be redeemed bla bla bla bla bla bla

Also, evil Superman was going out of his way to kill people at the end of Injustice 1, shooting lasers at civilians. There's no way civilians would be asking the government to free Superman in that scenario, even if Brainiac was there.
>>
>>377619508
How does that take away form what I said you fucking retard? They could come up with whatever reason they want in the comic's story, point is they won't kill her off because she's DC's new poster girl.
>>
>>377619885
But it wasn't though. Superman going crazy and killing one of Eobard's ancestors resulted in a time paradox. So Superman was never supposed to go crazy. This was all someone's manipulation.
>>
File: 1494029407936.webm (837KB, 270x246px) Image search: [Google]
1494029407936.webm
837KB, 270x246px
>The hero that has no superpowers becomes a bigger mary sue than the hero that has all of the super powers
>>
>>377599509
Injustice is based off the injustice comic books.
>>
I like Superman in I2, he is like a less naive version of Red Son Superman, which is my favourite Superman story. The brainwashed Batman in his ending was a cool reference.
>>
>>377619186

You know that pledging insanity doesn't actually mean you can walk around freely, you just trade a prison for a mental hospital. She wouldn't be walking around having fun and quipping if she pledged insanity.
>>
>>377619294
That is the narrative as shown anon. A man with the powers of a god kills one person that murders a whole city of people, and we are still to look at this man as a monster.
A lone girl that in universe kill thousands for fun and help the masses murder kill an entire city and she is loving every second of it, yet she gets a free pass no jail time because what? A man made her do it? She's so broken and weak as a woman?
>>
>>377618587
Shazam doesn't have his powers until he says Shazam. Billy Batson was an adult in the Injustice 1 story, he wasn't a kid anymore. He was basically an ordinary human in a costume until he said the magic word. They did a poor job of conveying this (and made it more confusing by giving Captain Marvel a 'transform into a boy' animation as a victory pose or something), but that's why.
>>
>>377619952
If Harley Quin had a cunt-off with Captain Carol the Turbo Cunt who would emerge victorious?
Janet Van Dyne is the referee.
>>
>>377601858
>>377600815
This guy is retarded. OP used leitmotiv in a perfectly fine context.
>>
>>377620157
From a social standpoint a man that can survive a super nova and push planets has less implicit value than a female mass murderer whom has sent present bombs to children in the new 52.
>>
>>377620050
>Superman going crazy and killing one of Eobard's ancestors resulted in a time paradox
Superman didn't, it was Damien, Zsasz was the ancestor
>>
>>377620157
>She's so broken and weak as a woman?
As a person*
Yes
>>
Marvel does character conflict better
>>
>>377618643
>Gotham has frankly ineffectual police that can't be everywhere at once.

That's the same argument one can make to justify killing villains, though.

These double standards are ridiculous, you're either ok with people operating outside of the Law or you aren't. Who are you to judge what's acceptable outside of the Law? Who says it's ok to beat people and break bones but not kill them?
>>
Lack of death penalty is the sign of a decadent and corrupt society
>>
>>377620464
Marvel doesn't do anything better right now except movies. Their comics are absolute trash.
>>
>>377620353
IF she was at a ward getting help your point would have issue but she was basically Bats Brother eye operator and field mission coordinator. She help nuke a whole city for shits and giggles and Batman gives her access to the biggest data system in the world.

From a social standpoint that is fucking stupid.
>>
>>377618890

The people that defend Batman's no kill autismo policy are often the same people that are a-ok with Bin Laden being killed in a covert operation by a country with vested interest in revenge, with no trial, at least in this thread.
>>
>>377620581
Marvel and DC comics have sucked dicks since the late 90's and the only good capeshit movie is Botman vs. Saperman
>>
>>377610318
i believe he even is prepared for that shit
he should do some implant shit on himself which makes his head go boom as soon as he kills somebody
>>
File: 1492897959952.png (526KB, 618x427px) Image search: [Google]
1492897959952.png
526KB, 618x427px
>I hate superheroes. I think they're abominations. They don't mean what they used to mean. They were originally in the hands of writers who would actively expand the imagination of their nine- to 13-year-old audience. That was completely what they were meant to do and they were doing it excellently. These days, superhero comics think the audience is certainly not nine to 13, it's nothing to do with them. It's an audience largely of 30-, 40-, 50-, 60-year old men, usually men. Someone came up with the term graphic novel. These readers latched on to it; they were simply interested in a way that could validate their continued love of Green Lantern or Spider-Man without appearing in some way emotionally subnormal. This is a significant rump of the superhero-addicted, mainstream-addicted audience.

Was he right?
>>
File: trump-batman.jpg (19KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
trump-batman.jpg
19KB, 320x320px
>>377619503

Constantine calls upon his final play: he used the Moebius Chair to travel to Qward, the anti-matter universe, where he sold them the secret of the Boom Tube in exchange for some sort of firm promise to leave Earth and its system alone. While the aliens are getting ready to take over Earth, their home planets are being overrun by Qwardian weaponeers. So the aliens are forced to head back to their home to defend their shit in a war that may take them centuries to win, if they win them at all.

Now there no more super-powered heroes or aliens on Earth and everyone lives happily ever after, at least on Earth. Only non-powered heroes are left, and these take off their masks and go public. Under the guidance of the Batman, the Shadow and all the rest, American society, free of government or a super-dictatorship, will start to organize itself along different lines, so that it can deal with the future without fear or anxiety. The days of the big powers are over, and henceforth America will be built up from much smaller and more flexible units, both socially and economically.”

The story of this twilight ends with an Old Man John Constantine standing at the verge of a new Utopia, free from the interferences of power, all superfolk banished from Earth for ever, but still Old Man Constantine isn't happy. The costs were to high so Old Man Constantine has another keikaku up his sleeve. He ask something of the Rip Hunter guy, the time-traveling dude, to take back to his past self so the guy can convince his past self to stop this future.

4/?
>>
File: 1453215583181.jpg (7KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
1453215583181.jpg
7KB, 246x205px
>>377620381
No, as a woman. All the men in the Injustice Universe are treated like they knew what they were doing, Barry Allen was exiled and forbidden to use his powers just because he was part of the Regime. He had much less blood on his hands than Harley did which she got to be Batman's second in command.

Guys get full shit while the girls are treated as poor retarded kids that can't think for themselves.
>>
>>377617728
>The ending of the game lays it on thick you moron. The nuke and the regime changed both Batman and Superman into worse people than they were before. They even state this explicitly.
and no one cares
>>
>>377620581
This pretty much. I started out being super into Marvel all the way up until around the point of Ultimates and Civil War, where they took a nose dive into shock value and murderbetrayal, which was the last straw after constantly fucking everything up with nonstop crossover events meant to milk you for every last dime to buy like twelve series all the time, if you wanted to understand wtf was going on.

They still haven't righted the ship and I've been increasingly getting into DC since /co/ gave me a boner for Power Girl after the Connor run back in like 2010. Came for the tits, stayed for the better feels. DC dipped in quality but they came back strong with Rebirth after the fucked up 52 nonsense.

DC for actual comics, Marvel has better movies.
>>
>>377620712
very much so. Adult hero stories are by majority a mistake.
>>
File: 4753408-3917925708-Shane.jpg (109KB, 736x818px) Image search: [Google]
4753408-3917925708-Shane.jpg
109KB, 736x818px
I don't think Superman was ever suppose to be a good guy in these game. People here are saying it's bullshit that they made Batman the good guy but that was always the point. "Gods among men". There was never going to be a redemption arc and the only reason why certain people that are bitching now didn't care about the characterizations of the evil versions in Injustice 1 was because there was the good counterparts to counter the bad. Face it, Superman was always supposed to be the bad guy in this timeline and the bad always lose to the good guys in capeshit. So whining about it being bullshit that team Batman is "right" and beats Team Superman is like whining about JL is "right" and beats the legion of doom.
>>
>>377620771
>girls are treated as poor retarded kids that can't think for themselves
hey that was Supergirl's story in the game.
>>
>>377620712
nope, irrelevant old crazy ol' cuck that can't write good stories anymore.
>>
>>377620715
>He ask something of the Rip Hunter guy, the time-traveling dude, to take back to his past self so the guy can convince his past self to stop this future.

What.
>>
>>377620493
hush /pol/

>>377620467
What's really being discussed is what we're expecting Gotham to permit as a society.

It's much easier to sell to people a vigilante who beats criminals up and offers them to the authorities for processing then it is to ask for them to, in the long term, permit a man to the entirety of the justice system into his own hands.

Batman already has to be always right for Gotham to tolerate, hell, like him as an accessory to justice.

Once he starts killing the sons and brothers of its citizens (the thugs) he erodes the trust that society places in him.
>>
>>377620864
The Ultimates is one of the best stories marvel has had in a while. I hate Captain America personally so I agree about Civil War.
>>
File: 1471777577029.jpg (1MB, 1531x1641px) Image search: [Google]
1471777577029.jpg
1MB, 1531x1641px
>>377612836
>darkballs and dickseid
they're small even tho he's black
>>
>>377620715

Somewhere earlier on in the story, we'll have a scene where somebody says to young Constantine that if he isn't careful, one day he'll run into somebody craftier than himself and get into a whole mess of trouble, to which Constantine replies confidently and with some justification that there isn't anybody smarter than him.

At the very end of the series, he finds out differently. After young Constantine had gotten the messenger from Rip Hunter he went out and contacted all the hero groups and people involved and met with varying responses, Constantine is disturbed. Has he failed? Some of the people he warned have taken his advice, some haven't. Some he hasn't been able to reach at all. He is still thinking of this event in the future as being a terrible thing, and he fears that he might not have averted it well enough. All he has for consolation is the knowledge that according to Hunter, at some point in this future, he's going to meet a woman who he will love very much for the rest of his life and
who will fill a big lonely hole in him. He even knows, thanks to Hunter, how he will meet her. She'll come up to him in a bar and ask him for a light; their eyes will meet and that will be that...

5/?
>>
>Have to turn Superman into a child-killing psychopath to cover up the fact that he's 100% right

How shitty are the Injustice writers? It would've been more interesting to have both endings be ambiguously good, not pick one as the absolute right.
>>
>>377620712
yet he's one of the reasons for it. He should fuck himself.
>>
>>377620637
>with no trial
Enemy combatant engaged in holy war against our state. Doesn't need a trial.
>>
File: injusticesubtlety.jpg (101KB, 974x751px) Image search: [Google]
injusticesubtlety.jpg
101KB, 974x751px
>>377619275

Injustice's story is babby's first DC's Elseworlds story. Things literally happen for no reason, only to have characters interact and quip with each other, in the most non-subtle way.

Pic related, a "subtle" moment in Injustice.
>>
>>377621203
> he's 100% right
You keep saying this but he wasn't
>>
File: CONSTANTINE #18.jpg (206KB, 900x1298px) Image search: [Google]
CONSTANTINE #18.jpg
206KB, 900x1298px
>>377621185

While he is musing over the pros and cons of this Hunter delivers the last part of his message from the future Constantine, which he has been instructed not to give to the younger Constantine until after he has warned as many people as he can. Surprised, Constantine reads what may turn out to be the ultimate "Dear John" letter. Written by his future self, the letter apologizes for using his younger self so cynically, but assures young John that it's all for the best. The older Constantine having the advantage of hindsight, can remember everything that happened to his younger self, including meeting with Rip Hunter, getting told a terrible story and then launching on a mission to warn everybody affected of what waited in their future and how they might avert it. The elder Constantine can even remember how that all worked out: The world of Twilight came about anyway, often because of people's actions in response to his warning. He can even remember getting a letter handed to him, exactly the same as this one. He muses briefly over the paradox of who really wrote the letter originally before apologizing to his younger self again and consoling him with the fact that a wonderful woman is waiting in his near future, and that she will be worth everything.

6/?
>>
>>377611950
Put the whole world in a bottle, etc.
>>
>>377621297
Well if you ignore that Superman kills or brainwashes anyone that disagrees with him then I guess you could see how he is 100% right.
>>
>>377620987
In Injustice 1 I agree, Superman is the main villain. There it was fine because it served the contrast with his good counterpart all the better. But in Injustice 2 NRS tried their hardest to make Superman sympathetic by downplaying all the pointlessly evil shit he did and making him calmer and more pleasent all around.
>>
>>377609491
Nope, Supes is too big of a coward to even kill Alfred himself. He released and enlisted Zsasz to do it for him.
>>
>>377620771
>that can't think for themselves
If I understand her lore correctly, and she was mind fucked by Mr. J, then I'd certainly take that into consideration independent of gender.
>>
>>377621094
Ultimates was good for the first few issues and then it went into retardville hard. Ultimatum was one of the worst AAA arcs ever made.
>>
File: aka.png (857KB, 695x903px) Image search: [Google]
aka.png
857KB, 695x903px
>>377621364

Reading the letter, the younger Constantine is furious. It has turned out that there is
someone craftier than John Constantine... namely, John Constantine twenty years older and smarter. Constantine has been conned by himself. Worse, since the person who tricked him is twenty years away in an unreachable future, Constantine has no way of getting vengeance upon the person who did this to him. Angered and enraged, he goes into a bar and sits with the crumpled letter in his hand, getting drunk. This is the end of the story, and we only have a final one-page epilogue that takes us back to the beginning, now that we've come full circle. The woman enters the bar and notices John, asking him for a light. He looks up and their eyes meet. She is beautiful. He knows instantly that he could love this woman forever. Knows who she is, knows how happy him and all his future selves are going to be with her... and finally, perversely, he understands how he can have his revenge against his future self, how he can avert the circumstances that lead to Twilight by throwing a small but important spanner into the workings of destiny.

"Excuse me, have you got a light?"
Constantine looks at her and blinks twice before replying.
"No. I'm sorry. I don't smoke."

The woman shrugs, and after a while leaves the bar without speaking to Constantine any further. After she's gone he sits, dead drunk at a dimly lit corner table, and cries his cold and cynical heart out.

FIN.
>>
>>377619303

What about breaking bones? Can they do that? Break some teeth? Are they allowed to drop other people's blood at all, if it's not in self-defense? Shouldn't they just call the law enforcers to deal with bad situations, as good citizens should?

It's not just killing that is against the law, anon.
>>
File: 744580-zsasz_3.jpg (216KB, 460x534px) Image search: [Google]
744580-zsasz_3.jpg
216KB, 460x534px
>B-B-Batman is right!!
Golly G, I didn't know getting rid of domestic terrorism is evil! Who would've thunk it?
>>
>>377599509
The far right vs the far left
>>
File: 1464220755686.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1464220755686.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>377621203
Reminds me of this

>can't actually refute his points
>make him unleash random suicide bombings in the next panels, because that's totally something europeans do
>>
>>377620712
He's like Garth Ennis. A whiny hypocrite.

They both get passes because they've written legitimately good stuff. If they were Chuck Austen or Daniel Way tier writers people would treat them like a joke.
>>
>>377621109
He's a grower
>>
File: gut punch.jpg (33KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
gut punch.jpg
33KB, 960x540px
>>377619275
Injustice is shit. People don't like it because it's well written or the characters are likable, it's because it's heroes vs Heroes and that will always make people have a boner. There's a reason why Casuals like it, because it just panders.
>>
>>377599509
I just don't understand why the super heroes don't just setup a council and work with the government to advice for expedited sentences and punishment recommendations

Joker murders 1000 peoples, gets tried, Super Hero council sends expedited recommendation, Justice system decides to accept or deny it, if accepted takes Joker out back and shoots him.

Seems far far better than a totalitarian regime or Batmans libertarian philosophy
>>
>>377621492
Like I said, it's not about the law. It's about the image. The point is that superheroes can't give society reason to fear or mistrust them. Especially not Superman, who's basically a living nuke, or Batman whose efficacy partially relies on the police not trying to arrest him every time they see him.
>>
>>377619710

Civil War is completely against the pro-registration dudes, though. Captain America's team is seen as the good guys' team from the get-go.
>>
>>377621483
I think you just expect too much out of comic books. Its good for a comic book, and even that's not saying much.
>>
>>377621557
Gee anon it's almost like Red Skull is one of the most heinous villains ever and will say anything you want to hear to make you follow him.
>>
>>377621091
your mind is corrupted and so are your values.
>>
>>377621738
It's almost like he's completely right in the context, whether he means it or not, and the author is merely trying to vilify the viewpoint instead of refuting it logically.
>>
>>377621706
It wasn't MEANT that way though, Quesada was directing the event to show pro-reg as the good guys. That should tell you how fucking retarded their side and its argument was since they still came across as bad guys.
>>
>>377621493
*superman teleports behind you*
*reads your mind*
*kills you for thoughtcrime*
>>
So who can beat Superman?

Or are they gonna power up Batman and have him do it?
>>
>>377621837
On second thought, never mind. I remember you from the /pol/ thread and we're never going to agree on this. So let's just not bother going through the argument a second time.
>>
>>377599509
Because Batman is a shitter. The whole "if i do what they do ill be as bad as them" ideology is massive flawed. Because its implying you're in the same situation as they are. Its like saying if i murder a man for killing a million people i'm equal to him for having just killed him. And the other difference being he did it with malice and i killed him to keep him from more killing.

Its ultimately flawed. Joker has murdered hundred or thousands of people and Batman just keeps throwing him in jail like it will ever matter. Its just his selfish insecurities not wanting to face possibly being as bad as the man who killed his parents even though he wouldn't be.
>>
>>377599669
>>377599794
Daily reminder Joker nuked metropolis which prompted superman to kill him and then continue to end the lives of others, including the flash's rogues who do not kill and then Superman rebuilt metropolis only to order the regime to destroy both it and Gotham

He proved batman right. Superman killed someone for destroying a single city, but then turned around to destroy 2 cites out of the same malice. Joker beat him at the end of the day
>>
>>377620581

The only "ok-ish" Marvel movies are Spider-Man 1, 2, Logan, X-Men 2, Iron-Man 1 and Dr. Strange, though.
>>
>>377604625
He killed Jon Stewart
>>
>>377621796
*you're
>>
>>377621949
I've never discussed this in /pol/. Clearly it's just something very obvious to people except you.
>>
>>377621238

So all you have to do is say that you're at war with ____ and it makes it ok for you to kill without trials? How did that work for the nazis, my dude?
>>
>>377622113
>He proved batman right. Superman killed someone for destroying a single city, but then turned around to destroy 2 cites out of the same malice. Joker beat him at the end of the day
Best part was that Step 2 was to invade the other world and steal its Lois to be a replacement. In the end even Superman's love was corrupted.
>>
>>377622094
Batman doesn't trust himself. He trusts himself least of all.
>>
>>377622243
I kind of doubt it considering you copied one of that guy's posts word for word, but I guess it doesn't actually matter.
>>
>>377621620
>I just don't understand why the super heroes don't just setup a council and work with the government to advice for expedited sentences and punishment recommendations
Well that was Marvel till Bendis took the reigns in the early 2000's
>>
Because who gets to decide who's on the council and who's not? Might makes right? It's who has influence, money, or power gets to make the rules and recommendations for expedited trials?

What, are they supposed to set up "moral trials" to decide which super heroes get to sit on a council? What about super heroes who are vehemently opposed to the system, whether because they think it's fucked up or because it could be abused? Are they now enemies or the system?

The Joker's a pretty clear cut case, but what about all the other cases? And is non-super society really in any legitimate position to debate or judge the culpability of events that frequently involve transdimensional, magical, or ancient legendary bullshit?

I mean you could get She-Hulk on the case if you're in Marvel's world but that's about it.
>>
>>377622113
Flash's rogues don't kill?

What do they do then? Steal banks?
>>
>>377613565
Didn't it happen once and he freaked the fuck out?
>>
>>377622339
Link it from 4plebs then, since "word for word" it should be easily searchable.
>>
>>377622386
also, how easily would a system like that be abused by supervillains for their own gains, especially when a lot of them way, way, way more influence over governments and shit like that than heroes do.
>>
>>377622386
>Joker is a pretty clear cut case
But m-muh slippery slope
>>
>>377620771

This. Catwoman, for instance, didn't redeem herself before the end of Superman's Regime and had to be taken down by Batman himself, yet she was working for Batman in I2, as a trusted mole in an enemy city nonetheless, while Barry Allen was forbidden from using his powers and exiled.
>>
>>377622094
Once he's in jail, the onus is on society to decide his fate. They consistently choose not to enact a permanent solution (because the Joke sells comics) and shoulder the entirety of the burden because they are legitimately endowed with the power to kill and responsibility to do so if the danger the joker presents justifies it to the majority of people.

Like I said before, Batman has no right or responsibility to be judge, jury, or executioner. He's operating our his own moral code which places him astride, intersecting and in opposition to the justice system at times.
>>
>>377622386
Amanda Waller would probably abuse the hell out of that system, using her connections to keep certain criminals safe for use in her Suicide Squad.
>>
File: flesh.jpg (106KB, 628x278px) Image search: [Google]
flesh.jpg
106KB, 628x278px
>>377599509
Is Injustice 2 the only recent game with the flash in it? I want to see more flash shit but I can't find anything else with him in it.
>>
>>377622467
It was like their one rule. Captain cold and his gang had. No killing. That's why when the whole world is under threat they tend to be trusted by flash to help central city's people survive.
Forever evil had a spin off comic that focused on the rogues saving lives from murderous villains
In injustice 2, that's why it's a big deal Captain Cold wants them all dead, they killed his sister and friends for being thieves.
>>
>>377602889
Speed powers are one of the most OP powers there is if done straight. That's why writers either gotta do some retarded shit, make the characters stupid, or gimp the power heavily
>>
>>377622617
>kills joker for leveling a city
>starts a regime to never have another joker
>kills anyone, including heroes, who get in the way
>plan to level 2 cities because you have a bad PR day
>>
>>377621274
Every Harley moment was cringe
>>
>>377622617
Same anon. It's a slippery slope for someone like Batman. Batman breaking his own rules even once means they aren't rules at all. And Batman knows he'd enjoy it. This has been said in countless comics. Where that's his greatest fear. Which is why he doesn't do that shit.

In the context of a trial with a jury and all that, that's different. Arguably at least. Even if for other reasons I mentioned, I don't think that would work out if implemented on some massive scale. Also if you execute someone who's clearly mentally insane, where do you draw the line? Do you erase the line and completely throw out the idea that people are partially or not entirely responsible for their actions if they're genuinely afflicted by a horrible mental condition? Because that's a whole extra can of worms.
>>
>>377622175
its okay to kill black people
next
>>
>>377622827
So why don't they just become heroes and work with the Flash.
>>
>>377622618
pussy game, so unfair.
>>
>>377622910
Harley and Supergirl were basically the best parts of Injustice 2.
>>
>>377622954
In Injustice? The flash joined Superman and they fought against the rising regime

In the main comics they do sometimes, think catwoman. Captain Cold was on the Justice League for a little bit not to long ago
>>
>>377622664
Batman has placed lives in danger trying to take in villains peacefully before. In the same vein would called self defense if he killed them. As well as officers of the law would shoot to kill.

I understand Batmans writing. Its probably even intentional that hes always had a flawed ideology based around his past/personality. But ill still criticize him not the writer for it.
>>
>>377622935
"Criminally insane" is another slippery slope fallacy. It doesn't matter if Joker is insane, he has the proven capacity and will to endanger society on a large scale and as you said, his case is "clear cut." He does not deserve to live.
>>
>>377622664
A constant reiteration of "it's not bat's fault but societies!" just reinforces society is so flawed that fascist Superman is a good thing.
>>
>>377620712
Hes right in most regards. Also when superheroes were focused on children they usually had better fights.
>>
>>377622256
>So all you have to do is say that you're at war with ____ and it makes it ok for you to kill without trials?
Combined with action, it makes it justifiable and as far as life and death goes, that's good enough when you're a super power.

>but the Joker
Batman doesn't want to and doesn't have to.

>How did that work for the nazis, my dude?
Well until they started losing.
>6 month oil reserve
>working with Japan
>poking the bear
Thank goodness they weren't too bright or blinded by ideology sometimes.
>>
>>377620712
>creates watchmen
>says it should be for ten year olds
>>
Batman's at his best when the writers write with the fact that Batman's skewed and flawed, but that his rules are there for good reason as they pertain to Batman, and they make for excellent fodder to show his virtues and failings alike when he has to interact with others who AREN'T as emotionally fucked as himself.

Batman's at his worst when the writers just handwave everything and treat him as completely right, all the time, every time, because Batman, and act as if the entire world should adopt everything Batman says as a perfect solution for everything. Same with fans.
>>
>>377620269
But that's wrong nigger, Billy is still in school in year 4 and the game happens after year 5 comic ends.
He was still a kid.
>>
>>377621478
No, that is what DC Rebirth has recon her origin as that. In Injustice she admits she got a rush killing with Mr.J and didn't start to doubt him till she got attached to her victims.
I cringe superhard when Bats looks at Sups in IJ2 and went "no killing" when Harley is in the same room.
>>
>>377623161
Except justice has nothing to do with deciding if someone "deserves to live" or not. If anything, that kind of phrase is exactly why what you're advocating is so dangerous. And the idea that you'd like to see "criminally insane" thrown out completely is, in and of itself, insane. Or rather I don't think you understand what the phrase means or how it's actually applied, or why it's so important to have it in a code of law.
>>
>>377622901
That's the author forcing the slippery slope, having Supes fail to draw the line that even the dumbest reader easily could.

If "Joker" alone is the line, that's already more effective than anything supers usually do.
>>
>>377620987

It was stupid in I1 as well, specially because in the end the good Superman tells Injustice's Batman that he doesn't know what he would do if his Lois was killed by the Joker, which means nothing was learned or changed in either side of the conflict.

Essentially, Netherrealm Studios asked "Is killing ok in certain situations?" and no one could come up with a good answer, but Injustice's Batman won anyway because he simply shouted "No, YOU'RE wrong!" louder than Injustice's Superman.

A better story would be one that had Batman understand Superman's side and vice-versa, with them either teaming up to beat a common enemy and going their separate ways or having too much pride to accept each other's world view, despite ackowledging the validity of the other one's argument, and acting in flawed ways. Of course, that would also require the writers to not make Superman a cartoon villain that kills Shazam or burn bridges with civilians by the end of the game either.
>>
File: 374436783468.png (87KB, 124x232px) Image search: [Google]
374436783468.png
87KB, 124x232px
>>377620269
Dude we saw him in kid form activating the powers in the main story.
>>
>>377620056
Honestly this is the biggest thing I've noticed this whole thread.
>>
>>377623412
Injustice comics aren't canon to the game. They contradict what happens in the game constantly. They're their own continuity. Kind of like the MKX comics.
>>
>>377623170
*society in that permutation of the DC multiverse
I should be more specific. We're reading the one where everything sucks.
Thread posts: 559
Thread images: 91

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.