[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does this even cost $109, it's just a standard controller.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (19KB, 498x295px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 498x295px
Why does this even cost $109, it's just a standard controller.
>>
>>377593546
cause nintendo seal of """""""""""""quality"""""""""""""
>>
>>377593546
Thanks doc!
>>
>>377593546
Because people will buy it.
>>
>>377593689
IT'S NOT FUCKING PURPLE
>>
do you remember when nintendofriends were calling sony jews for never droping the price of the ds3 and were saying a 60$ controller is overpriced?
those were the good times
>>
File: procontroller.jpg (24KB, 691x350px) Image search: [Google]
procontroller.jpg
24KB, 691x350px
>>377593546
Can't decide if I want this over the original. I was gonna get one anyway when splatoon 2 comes out but I can't help but think OP's pic looks a bit goofy
>>
>>377593546

because people will buy it
>>
>>377593546
Source on the price, unless you're an Australian cuck, in that case kys
>>
>>377593546
Thanks doc
>>
>>377593850
>>377594024
It's obviously in dollarydoos
>>
Because Japs love Splatoon and will pay any price for it, once it'ds announced for the west it'll be 60$
>>
>>377594075
Thats all good and dandy but where is your source
>>
>>377594024
He's talking about Australian.
https://ebgames.com.au/nintendo-switch-225689-Nintendo-Switch-Pro-Controller-Splatoon-2-Edition-Switch
It's 79 EUR on german Amazon, same price as regular. Can someone explain that price to me? Is it really amazing?
>>
>>377593929
the original ones often have faulty dpads, I'd rather wait for a new line
>>
>>377594205
It's got a lot of shit inside it in addition to the usual shit.

>HD Rumble
>NFC Sensor for Amiibo
>Gyroscope

These surely up the cost. I remember somebody did a teardown and assessed the value/profit margin and found that Nintendo actually sells Switch Pro controllers at a razor thin profit margin.

tl;dr it's a fair price
>>
>>377593850

Anyone who would unironically post both of those is worthy of scorn, but bear in mind that there are a lot of people who will and have criticized Nintendo for the price of the Pro Controller.

>>377594205
>Can someone explain that price to me? Is it really amazing?

It's a solidly built controller, I'd say in the significant ways comparable to either the Dualshock or Xbone Controller.

There are probably a few cost factors that do drive up cost to some extent that help explain the $10 differential, but it's up to you to decide if they're actually worth it

>Needs a NFC reader for Amiibo
>Type C for charging has associated costs at this point in the controller's life
>The battery life is really, really fucking good.
>The rumble is pretty fucking great

I really enjoy the one I bought, but it was a very difficult purchase at $70 and I'd be hard fucking pressed to buy more without a price drop.
>>
>>377594418
Bullshit. The other controllers from Sony and M$ are full of gimmicks too and they don't cost an arm and a leg.
I'm sure HD rumble doesn't cost that much more than having retarded trigger rumble like the xbone pad.
Or all the stupid shit in the DS4 pad which also has a gyroscope as well as a touchpad.
And NFC readers cost less than a buck.

It's a scam, plain and simple. Nintendo's trying to price gouge everyone with the Switch. There's no earthly reason why the stand costs 90 bucks by itself, for example.
>>
>>377594418
I guess it's all in the HD Rumble and NFC Sensor, then, because DS4 has headphone jack, three extra buttons, touch screen and two flashlights and it's way cheaper. Of course, then the battery is probably weaker as well.

>>377594496
I really like controllers so I'll probably pick one up eventually, but I already have an Xbone Elite and no Switch.
Will look for sales
>>
>>377594586
Because it's a luxury item and nobody needs one.

>>377594606
>I guess it's all in the HD Rumble and NFC Sensor
Probably, but don't pretend like buttons and headphone jacks make a big difference. LEDs are dirt cheap too so the lights are irrelevant.

The touchpad is a thing I guess but I'd bet the difference lies in the batteries. DS4 battery life is dogshit.
>>
>>377594606
Nintendo controller battery life has always been on point. The Wii U Pro is still one of my favorites ever, mostly due to that. I feel like I am charging my DS4 every other day. I honestly prefer the DS4 D-Pad though, the separated style feels easier to control.
>>
>>377594606
I'd say wait until the holidays at the least if you don't own a Switch. It's a nice controller but if you're talking about using it for PC or whatever I wouldn't say it's better enough in any significant way to justify paying close to full price for it, unless you either feel it and simply love how it feels or if you use a dongle to play wirelessly and the significantly longer battery life would actually be a tangible benefit for you.
>>
>>377594795
Forgot the speaker, too. Probably cheap as hell but it's there.

>DS4 battery life is dogshit.
Nothing can compare to Nintendo's 80 hour battery lives but googling a bit shows tests with disabled LEDs and apparently it would last much longer without them, so the battery itself probably isn't ass, just the drainage.

>>377594871
I'm getting a Switch eventually, and I know that I won't want to play with the Joycons too much.
Only issue would be if there's a bundle that already has the Pro controller included, but even then I would use it for multiplayer.
I'll wait, though. Some shill threads got me believing there might be some magic how nice people say that it is.
>>
>>377595358
>googling a bit shows tests with disabled LEDs and apparently it would last much longer without them
Those tests are lies/retarded.

LEDs use a phenomenally small amount of power.
>>
>>377594586
>it's a scam because i say so even though far smarter people than me have actually disassembled the thing and done the math
The battery life on the Switch controller is at least eight times longer than the DS4's. To me that alone is worth the price, regardless of gimmicks.
>>
>>377593546
Why do you want it? It's just a a standard controller.
>>
>>377595358
LEDs are incredibly low on power consumption, so the effect is marginal. For example, the difference between maximum and minimum light bar brightness is under 2 hours.
>>
>>377594586
>Sony and M$ are full of gimmicks too
>>
>>377595446
Are you slow in the head?
>>
THE D PAD IS TOO SENSITIVE

FIX THIS NINTENDO
>>
>>377595418
>it's a scam because i say so even though paid shills have actually disassembled the thing and bullshitted everyone

Just like those fake as shit durability tests.
>>
>>377595809
>>377594586

Different tech costs different amounts of money. For example, tons of people thought that the 3DS was overpriced at launch but given how expensive 3D displays were at the time of release it was actually an expensive system to build.

Similarly, the Cell was super fucking expensive and a huge part of why the PS3 cost $599 (which was still a $300 loss at launch). This hurt Sony twice, because it made the system unattractive in early life to gamers (when they wanted software margins) and too attractive to hobbyists for programming (who would buy the system and cost them at launch and then not buy games to make the money back)

So yeah, you can't just say "this costs this much" without a real breakdown of individual component costs. Whether you think the money is well spent is a different matter.
>>
>>377595883
Why do you want a standard controller?
>>
>>377596191
I'd settle for joy cons that weren't made for kids hands.
>>
>>377596429
The thumbsticks don't have enough resistance to be accurate either.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.