[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's time to discuss the best Mario game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: MarioGalaxyFinalBox.jpg (1MB, 1000x1403px) Image search: [Google]
MarioGalaxyFinalBox.jpg
1MB, 1000x1403px
>>
I wouldn't mind if they just made a Galaxy 3
The OST and visuals combined with thoughtful platforming really elevate it above the rest of the series.
I'm looking forward to Odyssey but I hope they don't go too far with the collectathons.
>>
>>377591831
Its the most mindless in the series though.
>>
File: mario sunshine.png (179KB, 250x348px) Image search: [Google]
mario sunshine.png
179KB, 250x348px
best mario game reporting in.
>>
>>377592576
Hey, an anon like me

I thought they were both pretty mind-numbing games tbqh, though the second was a bit better in that respect

Just goes to show how presentation and pedigree are everything to reviewers as well as most gamers
>>
>>377592791
>30 fps Mario
>best
>>
File: 8863.png (285KB, 750x650px) Image search: [Google]
8863.png
285KB, 750x650px
>>377591831
Best game but introduced the worst character in Mario history.

Thought I was going to say Rosalina didn't you?
>>
File: 1492990497690.jpg (286KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1492990497690.jpg
286KB, 1600x1200px
>>377594025
She was at least a good meme character in mario kart 7. Still can't believe that game didn't have Waluigi or Birdo in it.
>>
>>377592576
>>377592929
yep. i think like 4 years ago i posted on here that playing through the galaxy games felt like i was just "going through the motions".

i think that can be explained by two things. one movement feels more limited in the galaxy games than 64 (and even sunshine). two there are quite a few launching stars per level where all control is taken from me and i just have to stare at the screen.
>>
>>377591831
3D Mario isn't something that has a definitive best one due to how differently designed they are. Only thing you can say is that Sunshine is the worst
>>
>>377591831
U R MR GAY
>>
>>377593291
because that actually affects the gameplay in anyway
>>
Mario Galaxy 2 had better gameplay and levels, but Mario Galaxy 1 had a more interesting hub story and it felt fresh.
>>
Galaxy games are disgusting floaty pieces of shits with the least movement options of any 3D Mario.
>>
>>377591831
Yes, I too love the best Mario game.
OP why did you post the second best one instead? Did you play SMW?
>>
>>377596637
mah nigga!
>>
File: Piranha pot.jpg (161KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
Piranha pot.jpg
161KB, 500x700px
>>377591992
Agreed. Galaxy nearly seems like it's own side series, it's very intricate and amazingly crafted but feels a bit different than most Mario games to me.

I think the games feel and play like a collection of very well crafted special stages from Sunshine. Especially Galaxy 2 with the green stars.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.