[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

God of War reboot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 482
Thread images: 53

File: god of war.jpg (426KB, 2018x2048px) Image search: [Google]
god of war.jpg
426KB, 2018x2048px
Why /v/ hates this game so much? It's been directed by Cory Barlog who created the best God of War in the franchise (GoW 2) with very cool environments and bosses and fun gameplay. I played every God of War and after finishing Ascension I had enough, the franchise became a stale shitfest. I think the reboot is due and the new game looks fantastic so far, it's actually my dream to play another God of War directed by Barlog. Also the live orchestra at E3 is exactly what direction should the OST take and I am hyped.

So why the hate? So far everything fits.
>>
>my wife's son
>muh last of us
>realism
>>
I wasn't excited for a new Gow but it looks like they changed it enough, It's not a rehash
>>
>>377591481
Can you actually give any reasonable answer without shitposting?
>>
>>377591395
>he thinks the direction the series needed to go was the cinematic, over-the-shoulder, wealking-sim, feels route, with shallow combat that constantly has control taken away from you to execute a retarded animation.

Kys Sony Shill.
Anyone who defends this, albeit beautiful ,looking piece of garbage hates videogames and wants Kojima to merge movies and games
>>
>>377591605
I am asking you why you hate it? Is there a reasonable answer?
>>
>>377591587
I don't like
>my wife's son story
>muh last of us narrative
>realism instead of video gaemy slaughter
>>
>>377591395
From what they've shown, it's nothing amazing. I'm okay with experimenting with the gameplay but it seems too slow for god of war. Hopefully that was just a tutorial bit and it picks up after that.
I like the subtetly they gave Kratos in last year's video. Him screaming at the kid increasing the anger meter, him considering reaching out to the kids shoulder but deciding against it. I'm curious to see what they'll do.
>>
>>377591798
>my wife's son story
Memeing.
>muh last of us narrative
Another meme. What does this even mean?
>realism instead of video gaemy slaughter
But the combat looks visceral and brutal. We've seen only two enemies if I am correct. Why do you think there won't be gore like in previous games?

>I like the subtetly they gave Kratos in last year's video. Him screaming at the kid increasing the anger meter, him considering reaching out to the kids shoulder but deciding against it.
Yeah I really enjoyed those and hope the game will have a tight narrative because so far Kratos couldn't be considered even a two dimensional character how bland he was. You are right the gameplay so far wasn't showing much so I hope we'll see more.
>>
>>377591832
>>377592071
Sorry fucked up quotation.
>>
>>377591697
I just fucking told you, you illiterate fuck. I should've fucking expected it from a Sonyfag.

That demo they showed is pure normalfag bait. It looks visually good, it has a lot of Kratos and wife's son walking through visually impressive settings, there's a lot of scripted sequences ala Order 1886, The Last of Us, Uncharted, Tomb Raider, the combat looks brain-dead— even more than before, there was no hard gore, which is a staple of the series

If you can't see how they're blatantly trying to catch lightning in a bottle twice by copying TLoU formula, then you are part of the lowest common denominator they are trying to appeal to.

A more appropriate direction for this reboot would've been to keep it a stylish hack and slash but make it not shit. We don't get games like DMC anymore (inb4 we get DMC 5 at E3), and all they needed to do was Nordic Reboot + better hacknslash gameplay + better narrative or whatever and boom your done. You just created a faithful and improved entry into the series
>>
>AAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH LOKI GIVE ME BACK MY WIFE'S SON OF WAR!!!!!!!!
>>
>>377591395
Instead of trying to improve on their slasher formula they went for character driven TPP action game this shit sells nowadays.
>>
Because it doesn't look, play, or sound anything like GoW?
>>
>it's not a game script, it's a script
>>
>>377592071
I think Kratos, at least in 1, had a nice characterization. He was incredibly violent but had good moments of self-realization. Never played 2 and 3 because it felt too much like he was just angry for the sake of angry. 1 had an explanation for his revenge, which by the end you've completed. Going after the other gods, nearly killing Zeus but they realized they needed a third game so nope, wait until the next game.
Either way, I'll definitely be paying attention to how they'll approach him in a sort of, trying to redeem his past, not through killing everything in sight but controlling his anger when needed.
>>
>>377591395
How did this my wife's son bit start?
>>
>>377591395
jesus christ your post screams shill

either that or you're really just that big of a fag for Sony
>>
>>377592654
The game will likely take a while to be released. I doubt shills would already be hanging around. I'm sure they'll say something at E3 but still, think the anon is just a fan. Have they said anything else since last year?
>>
>>377592782
Nope, and I doubt we will see it till Q2 2018 at the earliest.
>>
>>377592782
no and I hope they canned the project

the less kinds of games like this we get down the line, may the industry heal from the cancer of 7th Gen
>>
>>377592174
>We don't get games like DMC anymore
You mean we don't get deviantart psssh nothin personnel kid Sephiroth gameplay anymore, right? See how easy is to shitpost? So can you genuinely write anything without memeing about wife's son and TLoU (which has an actual and good gameplay)?

>>377592534
2 was imo ultimately better (not for Kratos' character development mind you) and if you enjoyed 1 you should play 2. 3 has good gameplay but is otherwise a garbage as is the rest of the franchise with recycling I AM MAD Kratos and the same gameplay segments without much interesting innovation.

>>377592654
I wish I was paid for this. It's just I am hyped for another GoW by Barlog because 2 was really amazing and I wasn't a fan of Asmussen's 3 shitfest, nor the rest of the franchise.
>>
>>377592894
What if the demo from last year was just the tutorial and things start shaping up closer to classic God of War as the game progresses?
>>
>>377592914
>We don't get games like DMC anymore
Pretty sure Neir released like 2 months ago.
>>
>>377591395
To me it looks like it's going to be god of war: breath of the wild, and I don't like that
>>
>>377593029
Yes people are being dumb.

Its not gonna be exactly like the old games, with the diff camera angle and all but I'm willing to bet we still get combos and multiple weapons/items to fuck with.
>>
>>377593230
It's pretty much the exact opposite of that sort of game, I'm not sure how you got that out of it.
>>
>>377593230
I don't get how you see that AT ALL.
>>
>>377591395
I didn't like the old games, but even though this one looks way different it still looks like it's gonna be a cinematic snoozefest like Uncharted and TLOU.
>>
>>377593235
Here's my guess. The video was a way to see how people reacted to the changes. I'm guessing they got enough of a backlash to avoid the slower combat so they'll change it.
I could be wrong but I hope not.
>>
I've been here for way longer than I'd ever care to admit.

Nobody here has ever cared about this series.

Has nothing to do with the new one. It just reeked of dude bro ridiculous violence and generic levels.
>>
File: gow4.webm (2MB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
gow4.webm
2MB, 600x500px
>>377592914
>asks for reasons
>give reasons
>"See how easy is to shitpost?"
Are you underage? Just be honest. Your writing style, your lack of meaningful arguments, the fact that you actually condone this de-evolution and bastardization of the series, your affinity for blatant normalfag bait, all suggest that you're not allowed to post here. Also, it's summer and uninformed shillthreads like yours are begin to pop up more frequently now.

>>377593029
Highly doubt it. Sony knows what normalfags want and it's not games. It's interactive movies.

>the combat looks visceral and brutal
Jesus Christ. You need to play more games if you think this is visceral and brutal.
>>
>>377593397
They aren't gonna change the combat, I just think we've seen shit all of it.
I think we will get more weapons are combos, it will just be something more similar to Witcher 3 then DMC in the way it plays.

I'm sure theres a better game I could be comparing it to then Witcher 3 but I don't know many melee focused combat games.
>>
3 had a very good combat system and I hoped that they would've improved on that and truly made it an equal to games like Devil May Cry and Bayonetta
>>
>>377593284
>>377593285
Gay meme open world with rpg aspects and crafting
>>
>>377593653
Maybe For Honor. Maybe it's because of the close over-the-shoulder angle, how close you need to be to enemies to hit, the finishers. Still, I'm guessing the chains will make a comeback and those almost inherently need a further away angle.
>>
File: gow4cinematic_experience.webm (1MB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
gow4cinematic_experience.webm
1MB, 700x600px
>>377593653
>it will just be something more similar to Witcher 3 then DMC in the way it plays
Don't kid yourself. I can't even believe you'd think this. How do you not see literal Uncharted DNA in the new GOW. You really don't think Sony would want to capitalize on the success of Uncharted and TLoU, a formula that has proven to work time and time again? There is no way you are getting a Cuhrazeee Action Game with the new GOW. Not with that abhorrent camera angle, all those fucking cinematic moments and control being taken away from the player, all that stupid walking and talking for prolonged periods, that brain dead "Spam X to attack enemy and press O to watch execution movie" bullshit.

I can't even believe I'm having this discussion with you idiots right now. I get your hyped but call this game out for exactly what it is.
>>
>>377594119
>open world
???
>>
Because it doesn't really feel like a logical next step for game like God of War. They just saw that cinematic parent-child tearjerker games are now popular so they went to that. I can't really say what kind of gameplay this new one has, but it looks like something from Ryse: Son of Rome.
>>
>>377594207
What I'm actually dissapointed is that his son will apparently be a constant in the game. Was hoping it was just a set up for Kratos to go back to his former self. The combat leaves something to be desired but I'm hoping what they've shown was just a teaser for God of War coming back in a more cinematic way but once the proper game comes out they'll have more than three enemies at most, all coming at you in a straight line, all waiting their turn.
Then again, it could be a change in direction that could potentially kill the franchise for some 10 years.
>>
>>377594353
Ryse is a shit game, and I'm an Xbox fag.
I don't like it for the same reasons as Uncharted and TLoU, and what looks to be the new God of War too, if you want to make a cinematic masterpiece just make a fucking movie.
>>
>>377594119
Its def not gonna be that.

>>377594206
Yeah For Honor is a better example I guess.

>>377594207
>There is no way you are getting a Cuhrazeee Action Game with the new GOW.
Thats what I'm saying idiot, unless you consider Witcher 3 a crazy action game?

I'm saying its gonna be closer to a traditional 3rd person melee game then something like it was, which was kinda a western dmc.

Also you are going on about "all those cinematic angles", dickhead did you play the previous GoW games or are you just arguing cause you wanna get in on the shitting on games movement?
The previous games were all about cinematic moments that took away control, the original games are what people fucking think of when they talk about "Press X to cool" quicktime events.

I'm not saying its gonna be amazing, or even good, I'm just saying we don't know anything outside a 10 second fight scene with some minions and a tutorial boss.
>>
hmm
>>
>>377594513
Just because there's onl a few enemies in the starting are, doesn't mean they won't come in waves later on. GOW1 didn't have that many areas where you come up against more than 10 enemies at once.
>>
>>377591481
>my wife's son
>daughter is a stronk female protagonist
Pick one.
>>
File: Jack-nodding-and-smiling gif.gif (999KB, 350x256px) Image search: [Google]
Jack-nodding-and-smiling gif.gif
999KB, 350x256px
>Have "wife's son" in my word filter
>All these hidden posts
>>
>>377594813
The start of 1 pinned you against several, but since you had a further camera angle and huge fuck-off chains, they weren't a problem.
If you take the footage at face-value, in that they would never evolve the combat in any way, they'd have to avoid enemies coming from behind or ganbanging you easily, otherwise too many people would call bullshit.
Ryse, for example, pinned you against several enemies at once, but there you had a farther camera angle to see them approaching and yet the enemies still attack one, at most two, at a time.
>>
>>377594513
The franchise was/is dead.
Without this new direction it wouldn't have got a new one, cause people are sick of them.
Better to try something new and have that die then to just die.

I didn't need a new GoW, if it was like the old games I wouldn't pick it up, with this new version I still might not, but at least its peaked my interest enough for me to look into it a bit on the lead up to its release, same with everyone else.

This is all sony is doing.
>>
>>377591395
It has the same problem Starfox Adventures has. It takes a well established game like Uncharted and puts its own God of War characters in despite the fact that they are already both made by the same company and nobody wants that game in another game's style otherwise they'd just play that game
>>
The over the shoulder view looks dumb af 2bh. 3rd person locked camera allowed for awesome area and scenery manipulation on a weak ass console to set a sense of scale that awed people and made the setting as good as it could be. What a waste.
>>
>>377595027
I agree that the chance was necessary but that doesn't mean disregard what made people want to play in the first place.
For me, what made me lose interest is that, 1 was amazing in every way but 2 and 3 felt like Sony wanted to capitalize on it yet the studio had no idea where to go from it, which is why the sequels were mostly met with meh.
>>
>>377591395
>what if
>we take one of our best franchises
>and completely ruin it by making it into The Last of Us
>>
File: godofwar4deepcombat.webm (870KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
godofwar4deepcombat.webm
870KB, 700x600px
>>377594739
>I'm saying its gonna be closer to a traditional 3rd person melee game then something like it was, which was kinda a western dmc
>western dmc

Western dmc was a literal Cuhrazeee HacknSlash, you mong. GOW4 won't even have a fraction of that level of depth.

>The previous games were all about cinematic moments that took away control, the original games are what people fucking think of when they talk about "Press X to cool" quicktime events.

That's what I'm suggesting they needed to fix about the original games. What they're doing isn't even addressing these issues. It's just a prettier paint over the same bullshit, and even then, somehow less deep than the originals.
>>
>>377595168
Uncharted is Naughty Dog, GoW is Santa Monica studios. Both owned by Sony but still, different companies.
>>
File: 1492057812491.jpg (93KB, 666x939px) Image search: [Google]
1492057812491.jpg
93KB, 666x939px
>>377592174
being this mad
>>
File: 1480804714772.jpg (113KB, 952x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480804714772.jpg
113KB, 952x720px
>>377595229
>best
>QTE garbage fest

Why are we pretending GOW was good?

This fucking series ruined Kamiya
>>
>>377595236
>Western dmc was a literal Cuhrazeee HacknSlash, you mong. GOW4 won't even have a fraction of that level of depth.

Holy shit, fucking get some reading comprehension man, I KNOW the new GoW isn't gonna be anything like DMC, I already said that to you twice, I said its combat would be more something like The Witcher 3 now.

I never said it was gonna be like DMC.

>>377595206
Thats fair enough.
>>
>>377595236
>That's what I'm suggesting they needed to fix about the original games

You can't fix that retard. That was the entire appeal of that series for casuals. It was literally known for being a cinematic QTE gore fest
>>
File: 1495120337319.jpg (54KB, 427x367px) Image search: [Google]
1495120337319.jpg
54KB, 427x367px
>>377595347
God of War was one of their best franchises. Fucking prove me wrong.
>>
>>377595347
Nothing wrong with QTEs when they're done right.
>>
File: 1445698033098.jpg (163KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1445698033098.jpg
163KB, 720x960px
>>377595523
And they never are.
>>
>>377595561
Except in GoW
>>
>>377591395
>gow is stale
>lets remake it to the generic industry standard
Well done guys
Very innovative
>>
File: 1469137308239.jpg (130KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1469137308239.jpg
130KB, 1440x810px
>>377595510
First 2 Infamous games were way better.

>>377595523
Only Yakuza does it right.
>>
>>377595561
The Order and Ryse both had potential to be top tier exclusives for their respective consoles but both were so awful.

>>377595510
Medievil
Ratchet & Clank
...uhhh
>>
>>377595523
I've never seen a QTE I didn't hate. Probably the least annoying were the concentric circle type QTEs in that shitty Castlevania game from a few years back, but even those were annoying as hell.

They've never been done "right" because they can't be.
>>
>>377595510
You're right, GoW was one of their top franchises, but I think if I remember right Ascension sold like less then half of GoW3.

Now that half means it still sold something like 2.5 mil copies, but I don't think this new direction will change that outcome much, I'm willing to bet this new one still at least manages to match Ascensions sales.

>>377595767
>First 2 Infamous games were way better.
This is also completely true. While I enjoyed second son it was nowhere near as good as 1 and 2.

Its enough that I don't know if I would prefer for SP to make another Infamous or a new IP.
I wish Sony would just buy that Hero/Awakened/Project Awakened game and give its assets to SP...
>>
>>377595805
I still don't understand Ryse and QB, if you are going to make a movie/tv game, should the priority be that story would be actually good? What's the point of making "movie" game where story and gameplay are both mediocre?
>>
>>377595767
GoW does it way better than Yakuza tho
>>
>>377595805
>potential
What potential? This isn't even like Bioshock Infinite where anons jack off over some gussied up gameplay made for advertisement and pretend they were ever in any universe going to get that game. Was there ever any reason to believe they were ever going to be anything but what we got?
>>
>>377595882
I got no problem with QTE's, I DO have a problem with them being used to finish bosses.
You can make people finish a boss in a specific way without it being a qte.

Make me shoot off their horn with an explosive then pic up their horn and throw it in their eye or something.
>>
>>377591395
I honestly don't know how this series has survived this long.

Kratos, despite being made powerful for obvious reasons, is the whiniest, foulest piece of shit protagonist I can' think of. Everything that happened he did to himself, and he goes game to game on a whiny murder rampage against all the gods because he can't stand the fact that it was he himself chimping out that cost him his family.

Can't wait to see what 'surprise twist' Dad of Warâ„¢ has in store for us.
>>
>>377591395
Gow 3 is best
>>
>>377595970
I'm talking about from a concept and tech standpoint, the direction for them is obviously fucking awful.
Also of course we were never going to get a 1:1 match for Bioshock, but it still could have been like 10x better.
>>
>>377595970
Infinite could've been what we saw. From what I remember they just had some problems mid-development and ended up changing most of it.
That being said, I agree with the potential part. The Order and Ryse were never going to be good. Their intention has always been "show off graphics for new console and have at least one game so idiots will have something to play when buying a console at launch."
Ryse was entertaining in some aspects but the Order was so obviously trying to show off GRAPHICS that there wasn't any space left for the actual game.
>>
>>377595951
No it doesn't, GOW literally only consists
of QTE's and is impossible to fuck up, and when you do you hardly ever get fucked up by a boss if you fail unlike Yakuza and they only show up when you've done enough to damage a boss
>>
>>377596119
From the website, it seems like its the classic "Kratos recovering his humanity by teaching his son, the son gains experience to turn into the next god of war."
My problem is that kids are incredibly difficult to make sympathetic. The only one I can think that has been done right is Clementine.
>>
>>377596327
Oh so you've never played GoW and you're just shitposting on me
>>
>>377596098
I absolutely loathe them. They're such a shit idea that they even run completely counter to the exact excuse that early dev adopters shat out for them. "We want to make x, y, and z more immersive and ineractive."

Nigger, if you want me to be immersed in whatever's going on, don't make me miss half of it because I have to stare at the part of the screen I know a QTE prompt is likely going to pop up. Also, how the fuck is a random arbitrary pop-up button press prompt any more immersive than anything?

Any dev who has ever used this and not hung themselves with regret afterwords needs to watch their children die of cancer for shitting on what little free time people have to unwind and try to enjoy themselves.
>>
>>377595920
We are in the dark ages of Microsoft right now. They really had a hard on for Netflix and the casual movie binging culture, so they tried to fuse that appeal with their games or something. It failed every fucking time. It started with Spartan OPs in Halo 4. Then Forward Unto Dawn. Then their godawful 2013 presentation focused on TV. Then the announcement of a Halo TV series. Then QB. Then Halo Nightfall. And now, because of this retarded gamble on their part, they are pretty much fucking done for in the console market. Even the Scorpio can't save them. It wont be affordable and anyone who wants high end gaming will just buy a PC. All their exclusives are there anyways
>>
>>377596330
Please. You know the kid's going to die, probably because Kratos chimps out again, and then the rest of the game is going to be him doing his whiny murder romp to get revenge.

Either that or the kid will be kidnapped, again, probably because he fucking chimped out... and the same ensues.
>>
File: 1469733832528.jpg (18KB, 432x288px) Image search: [Google]
1469733832528.jpg
18KB, 432x288px
>>377593478
>that slide-forward on the 3rd hit
GET RID OF THE KNOCKBACK ON THE SECOND HIT OR ANIMATE HIM TROTTING FORWARD FUCK
>>
why does he look like such a heeb
>>
>>377594994
>The start of 1 pinned you against several,

It was like, 4 enemies. GOW3 were what had the massive start where you fight the hoards at full power. I also remember the Hercules fight as having many sub enemies.
>>
>>377595206
Many people think 2 was the best of the series.
>>
>>377592619
Let me explain

>show gameplay trailer for new GoW at e3
>kratos spends the entire time escorting his wife's son

huh, that was pretty simple. You must be retarded to even have to ask anon.
>>
QTE on bosses will never be acceptable
https://youtu.be/lCtEPyaSeWg
>>
>>377595206
2 was the best one, though.
>>
>Yes, my wife's son, i have seen so much death. There was a time when i killed civilians for some extra health for myself. Also i ripped my god brother's head off while he was alive. Also i drowned cities under waves and killed my whole family. I pretty much killed everyone where i was from. Yes, those were dark times...
>>
>>377595236
You're both wrong. the original series QTEs were not about taking away control. They were rewards that you got for beating tough enemies. Things like hammering a button to slowly impale a hydra's head on a sail mast, or wrestling your blade into a minotaur's throat. On the non boss enemies, you never had to use the QTEs, any enemy could be killed by continuing to hit it normally. The QTEs just gave you rewards like extra health. GOW does QTEs as well as they can be done.
>>
>gow1-3: fight hordes of enemies, slaughter single enemies like it's fucking nothing
>gow reboot: fight 1-3 enemies like a faggot in a dark souls-ish roll-dash gameplay
>>
>>377591395
Western gayms are dead, my wifes son. Pretty much this. We deman new souls game, not this crap for retards.
>>
>>377597076
The latter is better because i actually have control of the gameplay
>>
>>377596327
You're hiding behind the concept of QTEs as if it's a negative, like you've never played the games and seen that they pull them off spectacularly.
>>
>no new information since E3
please god let it be cancelled
>>
>>377597073
No no no, the games constantly tried to give QTE's at every chance. It was definitely not one of those that you have to damage the boss enough
>>
>>377596447
Kill yourself. They are literally these things at the end of fights that make the finishers much better. More so than a static cutscene. In GOW you actually kill the fuck out of bosses, instead of just taking down a health bar and watching the cutscene.
>>
>>377596942
God of war only had QTE's at transitioning moments of bossfights, not limited to but including after you have used the core gameplay mechanics to lower their health enough.
>>
>>377596557
The writing was so fucking cringey in that demo. The first shot of the kid is him playing with toys, making action sounds with his mouth, banging the figures together cartoonishly-all like a fucking toddler, then he stands up and you realize he's like what, 10 years old? Why didn't they make him younger or find a more appropriate activity for someone at his maturity? I get they were trying to make him come off as innocent, but it felt so fucking forced.
>>
>>377593478
>Sony knows what normalfags want and it's not games. It's interactive movies
How can you know the gameplay if you play them on youtube?
>>
>>377591395
Pretty sure they were reworking it whole year after the backlash. Good to see, I hope it's the reason we didn't get any news on it whole 12 months.
>>
>>377591395
It could be good, what they showed at the announcement was 'ok'
Need to see more before I'll consider buying it.
>>
File: 0[1].jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0[1].jpg
17KB, 480x360px
whos going to bet this is going to be the first GOW without any sex scenes
>>
>>377597175
>You're hiding behind the concept of QTEs as if it's a negative,

It is a negative. Taking control away from the player should never be praised just because it looks gory. You fell for the cinematic QTE experience meme.
>>
>>377597315
>backlash

What are you talking about? People ate it up. Anyone who spoke out in regards to it, was just shunned.
>>
>>377597280

it had qte's to traverse terrain as well, and qte's for larger/stronger regular monsters and also for several minigames
>>
>>377597242
Yes yes yes. You are wrong. QTEs happen after you have weakened normal mini bosses and are a way of killing them that gives extra health or magic. You will want to do them for this. For bosses, they enhance the feeling of them being different enemies and are a nice reward after a long battle of normal fighting.
>>
>>377597261
>Pressing random pop-up buttons means you're doing so much more!

Fuck off. If they want you to do it, they could work it into the mechanics instead of such a cheap shitty shoehorn like QTEs.

Also, again, I'd rather actually watch what's going on than constantly scanning the screen to see which button I need to arbitrarily press in less than a second or do the whole fucking thing over again.
>>
>>377597280
Which is garbage

Nobody who likes action hack and slash games wants some cinematic bullshit happening every time they wanna finish off a boss normally. The worst part of all of this is that they're not optional, you literally won't beat the boss if you don't do them.
>>
>>377597338
you will have to rape your son at multiple times in the game to gain new abilities, a bold but progressive decision but Santa Monica studios.
>>
>>377594989
Stop being a cĂ¼ck
>>
File: shutterstock lmao.jpg (7KB, 262x193px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock lmao.jpg
7KB, 262x193px
>>377597083
>we deman new souls games
>deman
>FromSoftware has literally released the exact same game with reskins five times and retards keep buying it

are Souls games the new Madden?
>>
>>377597409
This. I would rather comfortably watch a cutscene after defeating a boss than frantically mashing buttons to "simulate" shit.
>>
File: Airplane-Joey.jpg (66KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
Airplane-Joey.jpg
66KB, 500x282px
>>377597338
>You know son, where I'm from older men and young boys had a special bond they shared to help guide the boy into adulthood
>>
>>377597347
It isn't taking away control. You are using them to get more health or magic or expericene when you need it. GOW was the original and best use of QTEs.
>>
>>377591395
>the new game looks fantastic so far

I have no idea how anyone could think this, it looks awful.
>>
>>377597442
Will Kratos have to pump his semen into his son instead of red orbs on upgrades to level up?
>>
>>377597338
Romance in any form in video games is fucking retarded.
>>
>>377597409
>waaah pressing buttons is hard

Fuck off, the act of actually killing bosses by being involved in their death is far more rewarding.
>>
>>377597308
10 year olds do that.
>>
>>377597557
>casual sex is romance
>>
>>377597454
go be fat in your sjw meeting circles, my man
>>
>>377597521
What about is looks awful? Do you have any criticism other than "my wifes son"?
>>
what we see in trailer

a child kratos refers to as boy
kratos gives the boy a knife and says
>boy, your mothers knife

Absolutely no indication Kratos has a wife. There is an indication there is a boy who has a mother though. stop being this retarded you cunt brains.
>>
>>377596557
I doubt it. That's what I originally thought myself but they seem to want the kid to be a constant rock for Kratos to control himself.
He'll likely be kidnapped or hurt which will make him go mad on however but it'll likely be a short story moment, not "start game, kid gets kidnapped, only see him at the end."
>>
>>377597557
>a quick bang
>romance
do you also happen to date a prostitute
>>
Having that kid follow you around all the time is a stupid idea. I'm fine with the rest of the changes.
>>
>>377595206
But 2 is better than 1, arguably best in the franchise.
>>
>>377591395
I've never played a GoW but the old titles look like they could be a bit of mindless fun.
This new GoW looks like some last of us wannabe mess, combat looks like total ass and nothing shown off interests me.
>>
>>377597562
Hard? No. Distracting, annoying, and without point? Absolutely.

I suppose you think movies should have QTEs to get you from scene to scene too? After all, that would be so very much more rewarding than actually getting to just relax and watch what's happening.
>>
>>377597409
You're wrong, though. Hammering circle to slam that hydra's head on a sail mast was brutal as fuck. So was actually wedging that sword of olympus into Zeus' chest. You want to take that shit away, make it a movie? That would suck balls. Stop being so knee jerkish about QTEs. GOW does them fine.
>>
>>377597624
>There is an indication there is a boy who has a mother though
Jee anon, he has a mother? That's kind of crazy to consider.
>>
>>377597537
kratos's son serves as in-game "shop" of sorts, you rape him to exchange Semen Orbs for abilities.
>>
>>377597608
Read the thread, newfag. People have given plenty of valid reasons, but you'll just dismiss them anyways because you have low standards
>>
>>377597204
They're still advertising it on their twitter page. It's not cancelled.
>>
>>377591395
Are you playing devil's advocate or do you genuinely not see what's wrong with this?
>>
>>377597774
It's summer. Kids are off school.
>>
>>377597570
No 10 year old I have known. I can't think of a single kid I know now, or when I was growing up, or anywhere in the interim that was doing that beyond the age of 7 or 8.
>>
>>377597492
>best use of QTEs.

How the fuck is it the best use when the game forces you to do it? Fuck off no QTE trash like this is good.

>>377597562
You are barely involved lmfao, all you did was press some button prompts while your character did all the work. The games could easily have you kill bosses without resorting to this shitfest that forces you to do QTE's
>>
>>377597684
>Gameplay is distracting

May as well watch a stream on youtube then, you cuck.
>>
>>377596942
Fucks sake we're never going to get another god of war like this we're just going to get the generic open world meme garbage why even live.
>>
>>377597242
>I am memeing about things I haven't even played
Seriously man, if you think this you probably watched a letsplay or finished the game on easy. GoW 1 and 2 were actually hard if you cranked up the difficulty.
>>
>>377591395
They made a goddamn god, a fucking GOD, into some boring middle aged peasant who hunts game in the woods.

The game is an insult for the character for christ's sake.
>>
>>377597728
Most criticism I see has been countered or proven wrong. Thought that maybe you had something new to bring to the table, considering that you felt necessary to post itt.
>>
>>377597608
Forced cinematic bullshit ie all those "emotional moments" with Kratos' son like aiming his bow, stabbing that deer. Basically they want the TLOU audience.
Dumbed down combat (which is saying a lot because GoW was already dumbed down DMC) full of canned animations.
Longass walking sections.

I would legitimately like to know what you think is "good" about it besides the presentation values (graphical fidelity, music, etc).
>>
File: pikasnail.jpg (59KB, 495x495px) Image search: [Google]
pikasnail.jpg
59KB, 495x495px
>>377597572
>>377597628
>having to have casual sex in a video game for any reason
point still stands, matter of fact it's even worse.
>>
>>377597624
Kratos fucks alot of women. It's expected one of them will bear a child.
Calling it now. The mother is actually Aphrodite or some other goddess.
>>
File: 1490459230756.webm (3MB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
1490459230756.webm
3MB, 650x366px
>what we could've got
>>
>>377597572
>>377597628
And yet every game that does this markets it as "romancing." It's not his fault that's the term they've strutted out. Instead, maybe you should actually make an argument.
>>
>>377597608
>oversimplified one button gameplay
>generic third person camera angle tied to the characters back
>4 enemies at once. and their easy as fuck
>attacks are so slow a grandma can see them coming
>Kratos being used again
>the entire melodramatic story they are trying to push with the some being the most oscarbaity piece of story in recent years, obviously wanting in on the last of us gravy train, causing such a change in storytelling from their previous games with its over the top adventurous storytelling more akin to something like Conan
>no combos
>no magic bar
>no blades of chaos, arguibly the best thing about the games since they allowed for such flowing combat, instead replace with a generic axe (no making it return doesnt make it unique)
>>
>>377597686
>Hammering circle to slam that hydra's head on a sail mast was brutal as fuck. So was actually wedging that sword of olympus into Zeus' chest.

Shit like this could easily be incorporated in to normal gameplay. You are literally defending something braindead and pointless
>>
>>377597909
where did god of war ever market this as romancing, as far as it looks like its a simple minigame
>>
>>377597870
thats look retarded
>>
>>377597909
>yet every game that does this markets it as "romancing."
Except for GoW, which uses it a statement to build Kratos' character, which is a literal barbaric savage. It's well suited for the tone of the game.
>>
>>377591395
>It's been directed by Cory Barlog who created the best God of War in the franchise
that was like 13 years ago. no one gives a shit. Dave Perry once made MDK and Earth Worm Jim, he is a literal who now. John Carmack made Doom and Quake, he makes mobile trash now. Sid Meier made Alpha Centauri, Will Wright Sim City, Warren Spector Deus Ex, Ken Levine System Shock 2.
They are all making trash these days.
>>
>>377597828
>QTEs are gameplay

I don't know what's more saddening. The fact that anybody can suck the cock of a dev lazy enough to use QTEs this hard, or the fact that the state of the industry has fallen so far that this shit has gained wide acceptance.
>>
>>377595904
Imagine inFAMOUS in the past, like ancient Egypt or Rome, or even medieval times with neutral powers and choices along with good/bad and the option to mix the powers as you want into your own style.

Sadly something as good evil karma inFAMOUS 2 is probably not going to happen soon, if ever.
>>
>>377597868
exactly this. they didn't have birth control and Kratos was a fucking machine. Even if he impregnated a woman, he would never claim the child as his own.
>>
>>377597909
Not many games actually have sex minigames. GTA had the romance missions that actually involved romancing, while just having random prostitutes for a quickie. GoW never had this as anything more than to see how far they could take things.
>>
>>377591395
It's about an alpha white man who kills shit and it is about European culture. Of course /v/ hates it.
>>
Imagine defending forced QTE's, my sides
>>
kys OP
>>
>>377597998
>learning combos and playing stylishly to deal massive damage is less preferable than spamming square and having control taken from you

When did school end for you?
>>
>>377597694
Kratos fucked so many women in all the games that he's bound to have multiple bastard children out there. This kid could even be the son of Aphrodites, who Kratos fucks in GOW3 and she is also one of the few gods who doesn't get murdered by him during the game. She got knocked up for certain.
>>
>>377591395
Rebooting a stale franchise into a stale genre is no way to revitalize it.
>>
>>377597581
I don't even know what that's supposed to mean, and I haven't been on /v/ regularly in a while. Can I get a quick rundown on this hot new "let's revive the cvck meme that burned out over a year ago" episode?

I don't like Dark Souls because it's just boring. I suspect that a specific type of person likes Souls games, and they like them for an idiotic reason, but that's irrelevant. Souls games are at least better than the non-game that is press X to sick combo in the OP.
>>
>>377597814
But the game doesn't force to use QTEs. In fact if you don't use them you get more experience instead. So you can decide whether to kill a weakened enemy in QTE for health or mana, or upgrade earlier. Also if you fail boss QTE you are dead but you are most likely just shitposting so why even bother.
>>
>>377597814
You're obviously just hiding behind "Muh QTEs are automatically bad" meme. GOW does QTEs well. They are optionally during normal gameplay and serve as rewarding finishers for boss fights that as a feeling of satisfation and victory to them.
>>
>>377597686
>Hammering circle to slam that hydra's head on a sail mast was brutal as fuck

Fucking lol. I'm done. People this autistic actually exist.
>>
>>377598016
Not to disagree with most but Carmack's only interest has always been on the engine, never the actual game. A better example would be Romero, which I guess is who you were thinking of.
>>377598045
Considering he killed his first family, it would make sense for Kratos to keep an emotional distance with his son by never calling him son. Still betting the mother is a goddess, making the son a deity which will be important to the plot.
>>
Serious question , do we know who the kid in the video with the deer is?

I mean besides the whole meme of my wife's son.
>>
>>377597921
It literally was normal gameplay. Did you even play the game? It was great.
>>
>>377598202
>"Muh QTEs are automatically bad" meme

being a meme doesn't make it not a fact
>>
>>377598278
>It literally was normal gameplay

>QTE prompts
>normal gameplay
>>
>>377598265
Probably one of Kratos' many bastard children.
>>
>>377598026
It's more gameplay than cutscenes, you cuck. Assassin's Creed counter kills where you press the counter button and your character does all that shit ith no input can fuck off, and soo can you, casual scum.
>>
>>377598265
The website calls him Kratos' son. Likely Aphrodite and Kratos offspring and his attempt to go back to having a family.
>>
>>377598028
Weird idea, but it could be cool, if it was baed in Egypt they could play it off like thats how they got all their gods, they were just actually conduits.
Could be Ra with light powers?
>>
My main complaint this far from what i have seen is that for a game in 2018 or w/e the combat animations feel bland.

It might be because its still in development but since they try to go for a more realistic approach the animations actually look worse than some over the top animations from the older games.

They barely look different from the ones in uncharted , and that should be worrisome for a supposedly combat based game.
>>
>>377598385
Just because it's "more gameplay" doesn't mean it's meaningful gameplay. I would still rather watch a cool as fuck cutscene to reward me for beating a boss.
>>
>>377598391
>>377598330

Thank you , i didnt dig much other than just watching the videos.
>>
>>377598207
>The fact that it's done after five minutes of fighting the hydra means nothing to me.

Damn right you're done. Never play another game again because you wouldn't know a good game if it asked you to actually do things.
>>
File: beyondlimits.png (525KB, 514x536px) Image search: [Google]
beyondlimits.png
525KB, 514x536px
>>377598385
>defending QTE: The "Game" by calling somebody else a casual

we live in a strange world
>>
>>377598418
The whole demo was "tap one button for combo chain", aim and throw weapon, roll. It's slow as fuck and doesn't even look fun to play. When Horizon was shown off for the first time, you got a sense of depth and it was present in the final game as well.
>>
>>377598245
Is it that weird for a parent to not refer to their kid as son?

People are making all these theories about their relationship because he calls him boy and shit, but my parents never called me son, they just called me by my name or nickname.
>>
>>377598196
>But the game doesn't force to use QTEs.

You literally CANNOT beat bosses if you don't finish the QTE's, even when you don't want to. How the fuck is this a good use? >>377598202
>rewarding finishers for boss fights that as a feeling of satisfation and victory to them.

More like a direct insult to the player not letting them have complete control of finishing off a boss. You're trying to tell me a game that forces QTE on bosses makes good use of QTE's like get real. There's a reason why this series will always be a laughing stock in its genre.
>>
>>377594513
They already mentioned the kid gets new abilities along with kratos. I remember them saying you'll have to fight more enemies later on and the kid had a force field move that can separate enemies
>>
>>377598514
This whole fucking thread reeks of underage. I haven't been in a thread like this since, well, last summer tbqh.
>>
File: 1342310759574.jpg (35KB, 407x482px) Image search: [Google]
1342310759574.jpg
35KB, 407x482px
>>377598558
>a direct insult to the player
>>
>>377591395
you'd be daft not to think kratos isnt going to pull out the blades of exile for the last level
>>
>>377598136
> I DONT LIKE THIS MUST BE CRAP
> CANT TELL WHY THO
> OTHERS SHOULDNT TOO HURRR DURRRR
okay okay
>>
>>377598680
> CANT TELL WHY THO

the simplest answer is because it's bad
>>
>>377598547
It's mostly people memeing. When you want to establish a caring relationship, you usually have characters address each other by their familiar relationship, showing a certain degree of respect.
The fact that Kratos doesn't even call him by his name and just by "boy" makes him look detached from the kid. But like I said, it's entirely possible that this is a considered decision to make Kratos slowly accept him as his son, possibly ending the game by finally calling him as such.
>>
People who say the new God of War looks great seems to know nothing about how game design and mechanics work.

Well, to be fair, it DOES "look" great. Why? Because you're barely doing anything. This is what people are talking about when they complain about "cinematic games" like Uncharted. How can a game possibly look this fluid, this "grounded"? Simple, by having player interactivity take a total backseat. You have a bunch of set pieces mixed in with actual gameplay all the time, stuff doesn't look "video game'y" because there's basically snippets of a CGI movie sprinkled in at every turn.

And of course people will say-
>God of War was always like that.
It was mostly reserved for QTE segments were the game very clearly played a cinematic/or finishing off a huge enemy ala Bayonetta. Old GoW was still firmly a video game'y ass video game.
>The final game could be different and more gameplay focused.
Sure, but then they shouldn't have had their fucking "10 minute GAMEPLAY reveal trailer" be this shit.
>>
WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!

is it actually his wife's son?!?! there is no fucking way i will even play this for free if that is the case

please respond
>>
File: 1469979886177.jpg (47KB, 228x561px) Image search: [Google]
1469979886177.jpg
47KB, 228x561px
>>377594513
you meant to say her son?
>>
>>377598860
It's not even his son, but he's still a cuck beta manlet for taking care of some whore's son.
>>
>>377598829
>It was mostly reserved for QTE segments were the game very clearly played a cinematic/or finishing off a huge enemy ala Bayonetta

Fuck you, bayo is literally garbage because of random QTE in cutscenes that could make you lose hours of progress.

Forced QTE's on bosses is the worst shit you could ever do in a game and find it retarded people are defending GOW for this
>>
>>377598085
>*teleports to you spam*
>>
>>377597624
It's been confirmed the boy is his son though.
>>
>>377598946
>hours of progress

There's constant checkpoints
>>
Don't get me wrong, I like cuck and wife's son jokes as much as the next guy, but I looked it up on God of War wiki and it says that the son in this game is actually his own biological son
>>
File: 2541APv.jpg (23KB, 850x146px) Image search: [Google]
2541APv.jpg
23KB, 850x146px
god help this industry
>>
>>377599064
>people like what I dont! bring back le epic dmc wahhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>377598946
You could at least pretend that you've played the video games you're talking about.
>>
>>377599039
>>377599056
WHEW

all is good
>>
>>377599064
TLOU was a huge hit, not surprising that the masses would be happy to get more of it.
>>
File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
WHOMS'T'VE' THOU MY WIFE'S SON
>>
>>377598649
No blades of exile of any blades are left, though.
Kratos was finally free of the chains after killing the gods
>>
>>377599180
>People want a God of War that actually plays like God of War.

Yeah man, fuck those people.
>>
>>377599196
Its true though, bayo is worse because you will have a cutscene thinking this is where gameplay is paused just for a random QTE to pop up and your score gets tanked if you fuck up and die and what's worse is, it's same damn button prompt every fucking time. Kamiya should have never took notes of gow
>>
>>377598558
>You literally CANNOT beat bosses if you don't finish the QTE's
This is true but the QTEs happen only after you properly fight a boss, not like you hit a boss few times and they happen like your shitposting is implying. There are various ways to kill a boss "before cutscene where you have to press buttons" is offered and those QTEs always feel good but how can you know if you played it on youtube?

For example this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdKcm3dx9y0 is very enjoyable after you take the boss down. Like the other anon said, especially when you play the game on titan (max difficulty) and there is button mash where you place Theseus head between doors and just make it into a potato brings you satisfaction.

Or perhaps not to you, so people generally have various preferences. But GoW did QTEs right and it's very evident when you actually play the game.
>>
File: amused.gif (4MB, 409x295px) Image search: [Google]
amused.gif
4MB, 409x295px
>>377598514
Another I have not played the game: The post
>>
>>377599354
They're part of Kratos' design. It would be a weird choice to not have them come back at some point. Then again, who knows, maybe they really want this to be a sort of reboot that doesn't acknowledge much other than the past plot.
>>
>>377599792
It's already confirmed to not comeback. Axe is now his signature weapon because Nordic shit
>>
File: 1488716911801.jpg (93KB, 500x737px) Image search: [Google]
1488716911801.jpg
93KB, 500x737px
Literally the only exciting gameplay mechanic they showed was when Kratos threw his axe.

Why the fuck are people so excited for this? The boss fight they showed looked like a bad cinematic take on Dark Souls combat.
>>
>>377597870
I am not even memeing, this looks like complete garbage. Doing little damage with each hit, no weight to the animation, you know muh sandbag meme exists because of this shit right? It's nothin personel kid tier.

>>377598085
Why were you playing on easy then?
>>
>>377599567
Nah, I'll never consider QTE's done right if the player is forced to do it on the boss. It should always be an option just like the other anon who brought up Yakuza.

What you've just shown is something that could have been easily done through normal gameplay when the boss has been reduced to that pitful state. It didn't have to be resorted to force button prompts. Like i said, if it's forced it ain't done right.
>>
>>377595347

>Why are we pretending GOW was good

It was, have you played GOW and GOW2?
>>
>>377597917
>oversimplified one button gameplay
Memeing
>generic third person camera angle tied to the characters back
Memeing combo (2x)
>4 enemies at once. and their easy as fuck
E3 presentation
>attacks are so slow a grandma can see them coming
Memeing
>Kratos being used again
Memeing combo (2x)
>the entire melodramatic story they are trying to push with the some being the most oscarbaity piece of story in recent years, obviously wanting in on the last of us gravy train, causing such a change in storytelling from their previous games with its over the top adventurous storytelling more akin to something like Conan
Alright. But the story in GoW beyond 1 and maybe 2 was shit anyways.
>no combos
How do you know?
>no magic bar
Again, E3 presentation. E3 is always about cinematic take on the games.
>no blades of chaos, arguibly the best thing about the games since they allowed for such flowing combat, instead replace with a generic axe (no making it return doesnt make it unique)
Lets see what weapons will be available in the final game but I understand your concern.
>>
>>377598245
>Still betting the mother is a goddess, making the son a deity which will be important to the plot.
I hope this happens in a legit way. I don't want another Pandora where I am supposed to care for no reason.
>>
>>377600219
you probably make all the Horizon: Zero Sales shill threads

kill yourself sonybro
>>
>>377598403
This is my thinking exactly. I bet people on /v/ would shitpost about inFAMOUS stealing ideas from X-Men or whatever, but I want to play in that age. What kind of powers would be available? Leather manipulation, sand manipulation? Light? Imagine a water controlling conduit draining all the water from a person's body, leaving just a dry husk behind.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (5KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
5KB, 480x360px
>>377600219
is this really your argument
>>
>>377599994
>Doing little damage with each hit, no weight to the animation, you know muh sandbag meme exists because of this shit right?

Not him but that's because its high-level play.

Go look at God of War 3 combo vids and you'll see enemies totally helpless and stunlocked too.
>>
gameplay looks like shit
this is all that matters in a videogame
>>
>>377600514
>Leather manipulation
Terrible and ready parody.
>sand manipulation
Could be super cool
>water controlling
Also cool and would make it easy to set up places for it to be absorbed from.
>>
File: 1493481374753.jpg (1MB, 2500x1667px) Image search: [Google]
1493481374753.jpg
1MB, 2500x1667px
>>377591395
>we skyrim now
>my wife's son
>slow pacing
>no slaughter

It will be shit and everyone knows it.
>>
>>377591395
All your points are valid and the game is destined to be a smash hit - but honestly - where do you think you are? This entire board is Sony shitposting general bar TGS
>>
File: 1490467293250.webm (3MB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
1490467293250.webm
3MB, 576x432px
>>377599994
>Doing little damage with each hit
It's training for combos, you idiot.

>no weight to the animation
Good. I wouldn't have it any other way for an action game of this nature. Hyper-realism has no place in action games. That's what makes DMC more fun than your brainless square square square combo followed by cinematic execution. Plus he's a fucking demon; what did you expect?

>It's nothin personel kid tier.
You complain about meme arguments, yet you are guilty of making the worse ones. You're lack of arguments is showing and I just disproved whatever verbal diarrhea you spewed from your ignorant child mouth. Thanks for also proving that you've never played a Devil May Cry game before. Not surprising since your collection probably consists of cinematic walking sim feels game. Get some taste nd educate yourself, you uncultured fuck.
>>
>>377591481
>>377591798
>my wife's son
Seriously, what does this even mean?
It's like those autismos who can only spam le WE WUZ XDD everytime someone mentions egypt.
Are you brain damaged?
>>
>>377591395
>ctrl+f
>teal'c
>0 results

obviously nobody in this thread knows what they're talking about
>>
>>377598829
>This is what people are talking about when they complain about "cinematic games" like Uncharted
How to discredit yourself completely with one sentence. Uncharted has legitimate gameplay. Have you actually played it?
>>
>>377601514
Gameplay so braindead you can "platform" with one hand
At least in nu-TR you can still fall off of cliffs, and that's the clone game
>>
>>377599507
There are literally, and I mean literally zero (0) moments like this in GoW. And I played every GoW there is, including PSP titles.
>>
>>377600852
I am baffled you take so much time to write lengthy shitposting bait about something you clearly have not played.
>That's what makes DMC more fun than your brainless square square square combo followed by cinematic execution
This is proof of it. Is it really fun?

Btw combat in GoW isn't realistic either, not like that's a bad or good thing.

>>377601734
Alright but platforming is just one part of the entire gameplay. It's not "you're barely doing anything" when it comes to the entire mechanics in Uncharted. If you think that's the case you should increase the difficulty accordingly.
>>
>>377600684
>Terrible and ready parody
I don't know what's ready parody but imagine draining the skin of your enemies away and making hardened armor with it, you'd see skinless bodies screaming in agony on the ground blooding all the sand around them.
>>
File: field of fucks.gif (3MB, 326x140px) Image search: [Google]
field of fucks.gif
3MB, 326x140px
>>377600806
You are not everyone
>>
File: 1384962435895s.jpg (8KB, 250x186px) Image search: [Google]
1384962435895s.jpg
8KB, 250x186px
>>377591395
>It's been directed by Cory Barlog who created the best God of War in the franchise (GoW 2)
that's what hurts the most

I came when I heard it was being directed by Cory again.

I mean I still liked GOWIII more than GOWII just because its focus seemed to be like 97% combat and I like that, but GOWII was just the bigger grander game with more variety of environments and everything else. It really felt epic and I would have loved to see the next offering from Cory.

Instead they turned it into THAT. Fuck them. Fuck Naughty Dog for the ultimate video game cancer. They've been more detrimental to the industry than even Call of Duty was. At least COD was still a GAME with focus on GAMEPLAY over everything else.
>>
>>377595236
>its_ok_when_dark_souls_does_it.webm
>>
>>377597073
Exactly what I've always thought about GOW QTEs. They were just finishing moves you were rewarded after you kicked ass in real gameplay time. I never had a problem with GOW QTEs. It's literally the only game I can think of where QTEs were done correctly.
>>
>>377597836
All of them are hard if you crank up the difficulty.
>>
>>377599994
fucking this. Everyone is retarded. God of war actually had weight to its hits. You actually dealt damage with each hit instead of endlessly hitting enemies. It gets tiresome incredibly fast.

Artificial difficulty those cuhrazeee
>>
>>377600852
>implying GOW1-3 combat is hyper realistic
lol
>>
File: Chanka.jpg (62KB, 762x960px) Image search: [Google]
Chanka.jpg
62KB, 762x960px
>company announces games at one E3 that still aren't out by the next
How can people stand this blatant hype mongering?
>>
>>377591395
The only good thing I'm hoping for out of this pile of shit is them releasing GOW3 remastered for PS4 on PSN+ for free the month of GOW4's release.

They tend to do that shit for promotional purposes.

I'd buy the remaster but I already platinum'd GOW3 on PS3 and beat it on Chaos mode too so there's absolutely nothing left for me to do with the game. If I got the remaster """for free""" on PSN though I'd definitely give it another ride or 3.
>>
>2/3's of the demo is just cutscenes and Kratos walkie-talking in the woods with his son.
>Regular enemies take like three melee swings and are then all killed with a cinematic finisher.
>Cutscene plays when you activate Spartan Rage and the boss is then just killed in a cinematic.

I take back everything bad I ever said about old God of War.
>>
File: 1467240885022.webm (3MB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
1467240885022.webm
3MB, 700x394px
>there are people that seriously think the combat in the new GoW looks better
>>
>>377591395
Why are you excited for Ryse: Son of Kratos?
>>
>>377603610
>They tend to do that shit for promotional purposes.

Examples?
What did they do this for
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VITA89kes28
Go to 11:15
>>
>>377603738
>all that boring mashing
>>
>>377593090
NieR is a Jrpg first and foremost.
>>
>>377600919
>Playing as a Jaffa and killing norse gods
Since they never bothered to revive the series this will be the closest we can role play SG-1.
>>
>>377603942
they did it recently with Resident Evil 7 (gave the Resident Evil remaster the month before its release).

other shit, too, I just can't remember
>>
>>377603971
Nah, you can't pull that off just with mashing, don't be retarded.
>>
>>377602584
What the fuck do you mean?
Uncharted copied God of War first

A cinematic feel to the game with simple gameplay

That's what god of war always was, look at this world we made, look how epic it is the things you're doing

Uncharted goes for that same feeling

So I really don't understand your fucking complaining, do you think uncharted 4 has bad gameplay because it looks good or the last of us?

And by the way, Cory said there will be a ton of action and that the reveal was more about the new kratos and world

He said that crazy action is already a part of GOW series, so he wanted to show off the new direction

So fuck is your crying about, how will Cory fuck up?
>>
>>377604056
nah I played GOW and i very much remember mashing working so well there was no reason to try anything else
>>
>>377603971
>executing combos is now mashing
>>
File: 1488508680917.jpg (68KB, 841x908px) Image search: [Google]
1488508680917.jpg
68KB, 841x908px
>>377591395
>booting T.C. Carson
all of my hype for this game died with just that one decision
>>
>>377604219
it is when it's GOW
>>
>>377604186
>I played like a retard
>that means the combat is shit
I mean, GoW's combat isn't the best out there but calling anything shit just because you are shit is fucking stupid.

You don't call fighting games button mashers just because you mash buttons?
>>
>>377604186
Yes, you can kill enemies in GoW by mashing buttons. Brilliant observation. Not sure what that has to do with performing elaborate combos though.
>>
The best God of War is 3
>>
>>377604119
god you are such a fucking retard. I'm not even gonna bother wasting my time on you 'cause I can tell you're the kinda 'tist that does this on /v/ all day.

enjoy your The Last God of Us you retard.
>>
>>377604297
>>377604303
no you misunderstand i played the game and mashed buttons and it worked, so why bother doing all this flashy fucking shit? you pressed a few extra buttons for what? to try and fool yourself into thinking there's depth?
>>
>>377604450
>so why bother doing all this flashy fucking shit

Because, get this: it's fun.
>>
>>377604450
>so why bother doing all this flashy fucking shit?
Because it's fun? I mean, why else would you play games?
>>
>>377604514>>377604524

so it's fun to mash buttons? and watch animations? like assassins creed? got it
>>
>>377604628
Performing complex combos isn't button mashing though, we've been over this. Please stop being retarded.
>>
>>377604450
>so why bother doing all this flashy fucking shit?

I don't know, why bother playing video games?
>>
I'm sure it will be a fine game and they're doing a lot to make it different, but there's just the principle that we're getting ANOTHER GoW game. The franchise was overdone and the amount of time since the last game doesn't feel long ago enough yet for me to be excited about it coming back.
>>
>mfw I can enjoy all kinds of games and there's shit all you can do about it
>>
>>377604119
>Cory said there will be a ton of action

What action they showed didn't look very good though. We got a sequence with a couple of pretty braindead enemies and a boss with a handful of very slow and heavily telegraphed attacks.
>>
>>377604628
You were the one who said he just mashed buttons and was okay with it. All I'm saying, you can get more out of the system than JUST mashing buttons. That's when the system gets fun. But you wouldn't know anything about it because you didn't even try it out.
>>
>>377604718
how so? how is hitting the right buttons at the right time any different from mashing?? especially if all you get for it is few more flashy animations? besides memorizing a button pattern isn't impressive, I remember my email password and I don't get A13645894x ULTRA COMBO when I enter it.
>>377604732
meaningful mechanics that actually affect something in gameplay and not just there for cinematic faggotry, this same series is also known for QTEs for fuck sake.
>>377604949
>being this salty you like games for normies
>>
>>377605225
>hitting the right buttons at the right time

So literally every game ever?
>>
>>377605225
>meaningful mechanics that actually affect something in gameplay and not just there for cinematic faggotry.

So a game that's basically nothing like the new God of War?
>>
>>377605359
how the fuck does that make sense? we're talking about combo systems
>>377605406
or the old God of War, really i wish the series would just die
>>
>>377595206
But that's wrong.

1 was good but had many flaws.
GoW2 to GoW1 was what Assassin's Creed 2 was to AC1.

It's simply the better game.

3 was a good game too but the story felt made for the purpose of making God of War 3 rather than naturally being there. Wasn't bad by any means but 2 was paced alot better.

Now Ascension... Why.
And Ghost of Sparta.. yet more retconning.

Does anyone even remember Chains of Olympus?
>>
>>377605695
>how the fuck does that make sense? we're talking about combo systems

Because hitting the right buttons at the right time is how you succeed in pretty much any game that isn't a walking simulator? That's like saying every fighting game player is a button masher because all they're doing is hitting the right buttons at the right times.
>>
>>377605883
I'm referring to the sequences in combos dumbass you know like YYYABABX, literal memorisation of long form combos, fighting games have a lot more going on for their combos and other shit like zoning GoW does none of that shir, Gow is just mashing and you know it.
>>
i just wished Kratos wasnt the Mc, a cool Nord would have been better
>>
>>377606126
That still isn't button mashing, button mashing is just hitting the same one or two buttons without paying any mind to the timing or sequence at all. They're not the same thing, period.
>>
>>377602584
Combat in 3 was more fluid but 2 was indeed something else. I am confused how can you have this good taste and think Uncharted or The Last of Us don't have legit good gameplay. If it's not your genre that's fine but don't shit on a game just because you played it on very easy or youtube.
>>
>>377606339
yes its sarcasm, i'm shitting on GoW for its over simplistic and shallow gameplay. does your autism get that yet?
>>
>>377604404
Last of us is one of the best games ever made
Nothing wrong with emulating something good you cunt

>>377604964
The boss looked fine he had a ton of attacks
Don't talk shit I said the reveal was more about the world and story
>>
>>377600870
It's implying that you have inferior genetics, class standing to raise a child of another mans seed.

The joke is amusing dependent on ideology/world view.
>>
>>377606457
>The boss looked fine he had a ton of attacks

He had about 7, several of which were pretty similar.
>>
File: Five.jpg (63KB, 729x400px) Image search: [Google]
Five.jpg
63KB, 729x400px
>>377605717
>Does anyone even remember Chains of Olympus?
I remember all of them. God of War 1 has a better story than 2 but its a long marathon sprint. You could see way more of the world and could explore more too. In a way its closer to an adventure game than 2, which is more of an arena fighter broken up by puzzle segments and chase scenes.
My most fond memories of God of War 3 was the Cerberus on the cage at high difficulty setting, and Aphrodite getting crushed by a boulder which was sad. 3 is basically God of War 2 on steroids. In fact I think the level design takes a back seat in favor of set pieces in 3.
As for the handheld games, Ghost of Sparta, where Kratos has a spear and shield like a real Spartan is superior by default. But the final boss of Chains of Olympus was better.

Every God of War is good except for Ascension. Ascension has its moments but I swear there are so many enemies that would just take hit after hit after hit and stand right back up again.

My favorite god of wars are 2 and ghost of sparta just because of the spear of destiny and the spartan arms. Maybe axe in Dad of War will be nice too.
>>
>>377606450
>yes its sarcasm

You being wrong about something isn't sarcasm, it's you being wrong.

>does your autism get that yet?

This is pretty rich coming from the guy that couldn't wrap his head around why someone would choose to not play the game in the most boring and straightforward-way possible.
>>
>>377606575
None of them look similar
about 7? and?
>>
stop responding to the bored debate class president guys please
if you've been here for more than a month you should be able to identify shit threads like these by now
fuck
>>
>>377597338
>Press X to reject the advances of this woman!
>"Cover yourself woman! Do you have no shame?"
>>
>>377606779
>None of them look similar

Come on now.

>foot stomp
>foot stomp but with lava
>overhead swing with pillar
>running overhead swing

>about 7? and?

Does 7 sound like a "ton" of attacks to you? Because it doesn't to me.
>>
>>377591395
looks like shit, not gonna buy
>>
>>377591395
Cuck memes
>>
>>377607160
What's your point? That the boss sucks cuz he doesn't have an arbitrarily number of attacks?
>>
>>377607217
You're the one that said he had a ton of attacks, not me.
>>
>>377607263
Name 5 bosses with 7 or more attacks
>>
>>377607354
>Nameless King
>Pontiff Sulyvahn
>Soul of Cinder
>Dragonslayer Armor
>Abyss Watchers

That's just from one game, too.
>>
>>377591395
Because it shits on the older fans by throwing everything GoW was into the trash.
>>
>>377607651
None of them have more than 7 except for soul of cinder
>>
>>377607817
Looking at the reaction to the reveal outside of /v/ people are fine with it
>>
>>377605717
>Does anyone even remember Chains of Olympus?
I really liked how necessity tightened the control scheme and your tool set. GoW 1 and 2 felt messy by comparison.
>>
>>377607651
Don't lie. Dark Souls 3 bosses have their attacks on the wiki.
Abyss Watchers has six, for example.
http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Abyss+Watchers

If even From games at 2015 have less than seven does that mean they're shit too?
>>
>>377591395
>4 enemies at once
>retarded over shoulder camera
GEEEE I WONDER
>>
>>377606126
Try Very Hard. Or better yet, God of War 1 Very Hard No Upgrade Clones, which make ranked runs of DMC look like child's play.
>>
>>377606584
>3 is basically God of War 2 on steroids.
3 was one step forward, 2 steps back.
>>
>>377607891
It's been pretty polarising, actually. Especially on the youtube gaming """community""" and the IGN forums.
>>
>>377607651
Anon you got called out desu
>>
God of War is shit, and has been shit since the first game.
>>
>>377607940
Fextralife isn't a good source for how many attacks bosses have. Nameless King has 4 according to them which is completely wrong.
>>
>>377608067
To be fair IGN is basically medicated /v/
>>
>>377608080
This is factually untrue. I only played 1, 2 and 3 but they're all pretty damn fun and well made. Yeah they're not as good as Devil May Cry, but it's still pretty good for what it is: a gory, testosterone filled galore of an angry bald man beating the shit out of gods.
>>
>>377591395

So what's the best game of revitalizing an arcade-y, technical action game in today's gaming environment?

- Stick the camera so far up Kratos' ass, we can practically smell his colon

- Focus more on stupid story build up bullshit instead of getting into the meat of the game which is the combat

- When the combat finally comes, you either fight an overwhelming avalanche of 2 skeletons that doesn't even bothers to focus on the combat since 2 enemies is already justification enough to be filled with context sensitive crap or 1 Troll riddled with bullshit invincible companion co-op

- And then pull the strings of our hearts by showing the Little Hunter that Could kill a poor defenseless deer...because the one game where we want to tell the story that life is cruel and fleeting is the one game where we'll crack open the skulls of every living thing around us

Dad of War: Totally not the Last of Us

T-Thank you for the i-innovation, Santa Monica.
>>
>>377605225
>>377606126
But... GoW doesn't have long combos at all, it's guilty of the opposite - having a long-ass sequence of attacks initiate by a single input.
>>
>>377607845
You're wrong my friend. Not gonna go through the whole list but take Nameless King for instance:

>stab
>horizontal sweep
>slam with shockwave
>flying stab
>dashing spinning swing
>three-hit combo ending in a stab
>overhead slam ending with a lightning AOE
>lightning bolt
>sunlight spear AOE

There might be more that those are the one's I'm certain of.
>>
>>377608387
But Anon, you forget the BEST part! There's a dedicated "Call Son" button!

I'm not kidding.
>>
>>377591395
It's trying too hard in a serious well known for its gratuitous violence. It's just bad storytelling.
>>
>>377608358
The combat system is mediocre as fuck, and they are plagued by QTEs. I played 3, and was sorely disappointed so I went back to play 1 and 2 thinking that maybe the third one was the shitty game. They were just as mediocre, with the first one probably being the worst out of the bunch.

When it comes to level design and mechanics, they are mediocre games. The only thing going for them is production values, making God of War the Uncharted of action games.
>>
>>377608679
I wish my dad had that button
>>
File: 3.jpg (30KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
30KB, 852x480px
>Watch "gameplay" trailer
>Kratos fills his Spartan Rage meter when he gets angry in fucking cutscenes.

Damn, so THIS is the power of Cinematic Gaming Experiences?
>>
>>377608679
And that's bad even before you know what it does
It might be used for something interesting, but nah game sucks even before we saw more of it
>>
File: Kamiya on GOW.png (341KB, 990x1220px) Image search: [Google]
Kamiya on GOW.png
341KB, 990x1220px
>>377608497
To be fair that's like two bosses. Just like Abyss Watchers. Two health bars yo.

Storm drake boss has
>horizontal swing
>proximity lightning explosion
>fly up and breathe fire below
>toss lightning spear and swoop in
So that's four.

Second HP bar which is a different fight since its now a humanoid goes:
>charge wombo combo
>stab stab, controlled delayed stab
>power up and explode at you
>summon lightning bolts
>overhead lightning strike
Sometimes it may seem like this dude has more attacks in his arsenal but that's just the camera messing with you.

If you take into account muliple phases of fights in God of War like the Zeus fight and Colossus of Rhodes the number of attacks gets inflated too.
>>
>>377609087
>Cinematic Gaming Experiences
Epic meme
>>
>>377591395

The combat looks like a dumbed down mess, and the presentation is clearly riding on the last of us bandwagon. Really nothing there to be excited about.
>>
>>377608903
>The combat system is mediocre as fuck, and they are plagued by QTEs.
Maybe the combat system isn't what's mediocre.
>>
>>377600870
WE
>>
>>377609196
Last of us was a grounded zombie game with survival elements and fucking guns
What the fuck does that have to do with god of war?
The fact it's third person and that there's a companion?
I guess it's like RE4 as well then?
>>
>>377609121
No, I'm just talking about solo Nameless King when he's off his dragon. But either way counting multiple phases seems pretty fair IMO. Not like it becomes a totally different boss most of the time.
>>
>>377609196
The combat can be dumbed down even more? Did they make Bayonetta's single button autobattle the default control scheme?
>>
>>377609604
There doesn't look to be comboing of any kind and it's way way slower so yes, apparently it can.
>>
>>377594989
I stopped filtering because I had so many filters that threads were practically empty. Now I just ignore shit I don't like.
>>
>>377591395
why the fuck is he obese?
>>
>>377608903
The only QTEs are finishing moves, and you can just ignore them and kill an enemy normally
>>
>>377591395
>Why /v/ hates
Scumbag anti consumer exclusivity scam.
>>
File: BqnfRu8CEAIeO0M.jpg (55KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
BqnfRu8CEAIeO0M.jpg
55KB, 600x399px
>>377610830
>botw shilling
>arms shilling
>mk8 shilling
/v/ just hates sony games
>>
>>377610821
>and you can just ignore them and kill an enemy normally

You can't just do that with bosses which is why the series is garbage

They don't make QTE's optional for bosses
>>
>>377611360
the QTEs in boss fights are either finishing moves or to transition into a different phase. The actual fight itself is normal combat.
It's no different to the finishing moves when the boss is staggered in many many other action games.

Why do you have such a hate boner for GoW?
>>
>>377605225
>how so? how is hitting the right buttons at the right time any different from mashing??
Why anyone even wastes time on you is beyond me, retarded shitposter.
>>
>>377591395
It looks worse than Ascension
>>
>>377611076
you also forget

FE:Heroes shilling

MOBAGE IS FINE IF NINTENDO DOES IT
>>
>>377606450
>guise I was only pretending
>>
>>377592534
>>377592071
>Playing GoW for the story
The biggest issue most GoW fans have a problem with is the slow combat and shitty camera angle that were shown.
>>
>>377606758
it's a pretty clear from the tone of my replies I'm being a smart ass, not my fault your aspergers gets in the way timmy. there's nothing technical, deep, or demanding about GoWs gameplay, because it's a bad game. what I can't wrap my head around is why play it at all when you could play literally anything else?
>>377607990
I'll pass it's not just the gameplay I can't stand
>>377608450
so it is button mashing then huh?
>>377612042
you still didn't answer the question
>>377612332
pretending what? its still a shit game with button mashing
>>
>>377612417
>calls other people autistic
>compulsively replies to every response he gets

Waiting for my (you)
>>
>>377612417
>there's nothing technical, deep, or demanding about GoWs gameplay
That's a nice unqualified statement you've been parroting, do you have any thought behind it other than "muh button mashing!!1!", which applies to every action game if you play it on babbies difficulty.
>>
>>377594739
how old are you? be honest.
>>
>>377612775
28 in july.
>>
>>377612859
July 2035
>>
>>377608810
>It's just bad storytelling
But the storytelling in the trailer is good actually. Wife's son is memed to death around there but that shit is a way of showing Kratos being distant to his own son and is well executed through ways like wanting to pat him on the shoulder but then retreating. Those moments are presented really well.
>>
>>377612723
aside from bosses which are mostly QTES, combat boils down to hitting an enemy enough times to stun lock it with a combo so you can continue to stunlock it until it dies, and because your dagger things are on chains every attack is a sweep and hits everything on screen, at least in fighting games opponents react to you and get a chance to fight back even when their AI characters, and I'm gonna go ahead and assume harder difficulties are just simple buffs to enemy damage and HP bars like most shitty action games
>>
>>377613124
>stunlock enemies

just admit you haven't played it
>>
>>377604628
underage retard.
>>
>>377613124
>aside from bosses which are mostly QTES
False
>combat boils down to hitting an enemy enough times to stun lock it with a combo so you can continue to stunlock it until it dies
on lower difficulties, this general statement applies to most action games on normal/easy
>every attack is a sweep and hits everything on screen
False
> I'm gonna go ahead and assume harder difficulties are just simple buffs to enemy damage and HP bars
False

Thanks for playing, back to your hole
>>
>>377606584
>Aphrodite getting crushed by a boulder which was sad

By boulder do you mean Kratos dick? Because I don't remember Aphrodite being crush by a boulder. Aren't you talking about Poseidons princesse being put under the massive wheel mechanism?
>>
>>377612859
I said be honest.
>>
>>377613124
>aside from bosses which are mostly QTES
I have not played the game: The post

Can you stop with your shitposting? It's obvious you don't even know the franchise you are trying to bait and that's just first sentence in your retarded memeing.
>>
>>377613208
>>377603738
>>
>>377613304
Completely honest, got no reason to lie.
>>
>>377605225
bait confirmed
>>
>>377613263
so faggot how does it work on higher difficulties then?
>>
File: chichen-itza.jpg (410KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
chichen-itza.jpg
410KB, 1600x1200px
My only issue with it is how they picked litterally the most generic, normie mythology possible after greco-roman.

Aztec, Shinto, Egyptian, Mesopotamian, Mayan, Celtic, Hindu, Chinese, Incan, even fucking stuff from African tribes, ANYTHING would be more interesting then Norse.
>>
>>377613291
After Kratos beat Zeus and stares in the distance to observe the state of the world after the gods went ham and let their powers go wild, I was thinking about who were left alive other than him and thought Aphrodite was still okay and they can still manage the human souls together. But just as I thought that, mount Olympus starts to collapse and her crib is smashed by falling debris. There's a small scene where the camera pans to her nest. Fuck they knew what I would be thinking. You don't actually get to see her die though, just her place implode.
>>
>>377613715
All that shit sounds more boring to me
What a crybaby
>>
>>377613715
>normie mythology
Thats exactly why
>>
File: max disdain.png (220KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
max disdain.png
220KB, 400x400px
Where the fuck does this "wife's son" shit came from? Is it really confirmed that he's not Kratos' son?
>>
>>377591587
Do you have any new information besides comparing it to GoW 2, shill?
>>
>>377613648
More enemies, different more aggressive behaviours, more powerful enemies where weaker ones were before, and of course some element of health scaling, but it's minor
>>
>>377614042
its an epic meme that only gets more epic each time it's repeated
>>
>>377592174
Got to agree with this post right here.
More and more companies are moving away from gameplay first mentality into this cinematic, atmospheric crap that casuals eat up.
Because they give you pretty things to look at, "muh feels", "i cry evry tim" and are usually easy, braindead, no skill required games that ask very little of the player, because the devs know they are not dealing with particularly bright people.
Casuals and faggot game journalists applaud this shit.
>>
>>377611715
>the QTEs in boss fights are either finishing moves or to transition into a different phase

Doesn't matter, they shouldn't be forced, you don't see finishing moves in DMC3 or NG since the games let you finish of the boss yourself without bullshit
Why the fuck is there a QTE for mashing someone's head? Let me do that normally.
>>
>>377613857
Explain how. I'm willing to bet you know nothing about any of the ones I listed aside from maybe Egyptian.
>>
>>377614162
And also enemies do 5x more damage which means if you grab them and throw them to other enemies, they take 5x damage from the throw, which has to be used in combat to simply make it. It doesn't help that some enemies can be staggered only once and for a very short time, and are encircled with enemies which upon being grabbed counter it and then you are comboed and die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQncYAgxp-I
If you skip to 2:40 you can see how the guy is abusing i-frames with bow and it looks trivial but pulling it off constantly is actually pretty hard because the time when you have to press it is very tight. And if you miss just once you are dead.
>>
File: 482169088.jpg (282KB, 582x594px) Image search: [Google]
482169088.jpg
282KB, 582x594px
>>377592914
>deviantart psssh nothin personnel kid Sephiroth gameplay
I don't even
>>
>>377614042
No, it's just /pol/tards sperging out in other boards.
>>
>>377613521
you know that thought that creeps up when you lie on the internet?
>"yeah it's not true, but there's no way other people can know!"
we know.
>>
>>377614465
ok
>>
>>377591395
Isn't it being developed by that bald guy, stick or something?
Which is still good, considering he has been involved in all of them and was head of 3
>>
>>377614342
The last of us has amazing gameplay
The good story is just cherry op top
I know most of this board didn't play it

Uncharted 4 also has great gameplay, but last of us is a much better game overall

Define Cinematic tho
Come on, what the fuck does that mean?
That the game has cutscenes?
So is DMC a cinematic game?
Lego games have cutscenes too
Is that one?
Oh yea it's just a buzzwork to try to make a game look like not a game at all
>>
>>377612417
>there's nothing technical, deep, or demanding about GoWs gameplay
Give Very Hard No Upgrade Clones a shot. See how 'undemanding' they are.

>I'll pass it's not just the gameplay I can't stand
>implying anything matters beyond gameplay

>>377613124
>combat boils down to hitting an enemy enough times to stun lock it with a combo
>stunlocking enemies with normals
>in GoW
You should play the games first before shitposting.

>because your dagger things are on chains every attack is a sweep
Apollo's Ascension. Also, subweapons. Also, it doesn't hit everything onscreen.

>at least in fighting games opponents react to you and get a chance to fight back even when their AI characters
Like in the Translator fight, or path to Clotho, or triple Geryon, or Trials of Archimedes, or Clones.

>I'm gonna go ahead and assume harder difficulties are just simple buffs to enemy damage and HP bars
And aggression, and increased super armor/less hitstun time, and less orbs earned.
>>
>>377614352
>you don't see finishing moves in DMC3 or NG since the games let you finish of the boss yourself without bullshit
Because they aren't GoW, they have a different identity. And DMC4 has normal enemies far more annoying than GoW's outside Ascension.
>>
>>377614391
>And also enemies do 5x more damage which means if you grab them and throw them to other enemies, they take 5x damage from the throw
That's only for GoW1 and 2, 3 did away with the system and the handhelds lack it.
>>
>>377614641
FUCK U SONY PONY THOSE ARENT GAEM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>377614162
While the other Anon clearly hasn't played the games, you are wrong in your assessment. Enemy spawn does not change between difficulties. I am also sure their AI stay the same
>>
>>377614951
>I am also sure their AI stay the same
It doesn't.
>>
File: Kratos.jpg (92KB, 515x721px) Image search: [Google]
Kratos.jpg
92KB, 515x721px
I'm someone who really liked The Last of Us and loved the first 3 games but this GoW reboot looks absolutely horrible.
The game mechanics from the first game just don't translate to a third person view, GoW has always just been a fun hack&slash with puzzles and a cool setting along with a story.
It never took itself that seriously since the point of the game was for the player to feel like Kratos, an angry man who's lost everything and goes after a selfish ambition and desire killing everything in his way and now he's some family friendly Nordic man with a son who hesitates to kill animals, this shit is just absolutely insane, maybe I'm wrong but I doubt it, the demo looked like something that would make you motion sick and it seemed incredibly slow.
I'm not much for jumping on hate trains on /v/ like Bioshock Infinite or The Last of Us but this reboot, this reboot is one of the worst thing I've seen in my entire life.
>>
>>377615003
Might be. Are you completely sure of it?
>>
>>377615167
enemies don't hesitate before attacks like on normal and they also do their heavy moves more often. I'm pretty sure some of them have their movement speed bumped too.
>>
>>377615167
>Are you completely sure of it?
Yes. Very Hard, as described by the GoW2 strategy guide:

"Kratos' Power: 75%
Kratos' Damage Intake: 500%
Health Orbs Worth: 25%
Magic Orbs Worth: 25%
Experience Orbs Worth: 75%
Titan Orbs Worth: 25%
Enemy Pressure: Merciless
Enemy Recovery: Immediate"
>>
>>377593478
over analytical pseudo intellectual retarded faggot loser
>>
The original GoWs were already designed to be accessible to the average player at the time, a lesser skilled player could do well enough in them.
Now you have the newest game being even way more "accessible" than ever before.
Are gamers really getting that shttier that they need to do this or are devs being too patronizing?
>>
>>377597242
Blah blah get fucked, you are retarded.
>>
>>377614889
I bothered to finish only god and titan mode so I don't know about 3. Do enemies still do as much damage but the throw doesn't? If that's the case it's a shame because I really loved the way you had to use enemies to kill other enemies. And one bad throw in the translator room and gg (actually two iirc).
>>
File: 1494810775965.gif (2MB, 365x365px) Image search: [Google]
1494810775965.gif
2MB, 365x365px
>>377600870
It means the person's an actual cuckold who let other men (usually Black for added salt) fuck his wife.
>>
>>377615541
>>377615546
Live and learn, I suppose
>>
>>377597435
Except they were awesome. I like them, and so did everyone else you fucking retard.
>>
>>377615810
>Do enemies still do as much damage but the throw doesn't?
Yes, if it worked like the old system the Battering Ram would be too broken, so they nerfed it.

>And one bad throw in the translator room and gg (actually two iirc).
Two in Very Hard, one in Very Hard with a costume like General Kratos.
>>
>>377611076
Except /v/ isn't one fucking person. I'm seeing each side shitfling everyday, hell even some saying they'd love to have exclusives from either console on the opposite.
>>
File: 266668995795753.gif (385KB, 482x148px) Image search: [Google]
266668995795753.gif
385KB, 482x148px
>>377591395
>with very cool environments and bosses
>very cool bosses
>>
File: 1495213432670.jpg (10KB, 437x336px) Image search: [Google]
1495213432670.jpg
10KB, 437x336px
>>377597435
Well I suppose you are nobody then
>>
>>377614042
it's just funny
this game actually looks decent imo
>>
>>377614042
It is confirmed the boy is his son
>>
>>377616121
nintendo is massively favoured.
This is the board that sent nintendo a thank-you card for an advert. And also sent a get well soon card to Iwata.
There were at least 3 smash threads active 24 hours a day for a full 2 years prior to Sm4sh's release, and every time nintendo farts there's a sticky and constant threads for days. Sony and Microsoft are lucky to get one sticky a year at E3.
>>
>>377616512
to be fair nintendo are far more active than sony and microsoft in making video games
>>
>>377616715
Not really?
How so?
>>
>>377616715
They're just not.
Nintendo is dominant on /v/ because the majority of /v/ is Americans, who all grew up in the era where Nintendo dominated the console market. They all had SNESes and N64s as kids and have a lot of nostalgia for nintendo characters. Add to that the fact that sony is the company that stomped on nintendo's dominance and that explains why /v/ loves nintendo so much and hates sony above all others. (in general, of course "muh /v/ is not all one person")
>>
>>377616512
>>377616978
This is true
Most of /v/ hates PS4 and their games because they're nintenbros or PC users
>>
>>377616978
i've been sonytendo since birth so

the only thing consolewar-y i can say is xbox is shit
>>
these threads are always fun to see people that want to play a game but don't own the console to play it pretend they hate the game
>>
>>377615907
>Except they were awesome

You have to be 18+ to post here bucko
>>
It would have been fine if they just switched mythologies and had the same gameplay but with improvements/additions. But I guess it wouldn't win over normies then.
>>
>>377613715

Norse mythology is more relevant than all of those though, considering it's long lasting impact on modern western culture.

Corder ware/yamnaya aryan master race reporting in
>>
>>377597338
God of War ascension already didn't have those mini games.
>>
>>377618405
ebin
>>
>>377618635
Eh, Shinto/Hindu/Chinese is still very relavent in the areas where people practice it, and Aztec, Mayan, and Incan likely would be to the same extent had the spainish not been huge dickheads.
>>
>>377616512
>nintendo farts there's a sticky
underage newfag, sony gets stickies too when they have a conference.
>>
>>377615591
ooh he used pseudo, gotta be smart
>>
>>377620351
>I didn't read the whole post before replying
>>
>>377591395
>muh story driven game
>muh on shoulder camera
>muh cinematic feel

Instead of improving the gameplay they decided to make the gameplay even more irrelevant.
>>
God of war was never good
>>
File: 1486942614691.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486942614691.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
>>377591395

How as it been almost a year? and we've got no details at all about anything of this game.
>>
>>377615813
Or maybe it means he settled down with a woman who already had a son and raised him as his own.
>>
>>377609296
>What the fuck does that have to do with god of war?
The fact that they are trying to focus on story driven elements by simplifying the gameplay even more than already was.

People have been asking for gameplay improvements and instead they made this trash.
>>
>>377621084
What if it plays like Devil May Cry?
>>
>>377596934
I believe he meant why are people saying it's his wife's son and not his son. Is there evidence that he isn't his?
>>
>>377622201
It won't because of that fucking camera.

It won't even play like dark souls because at least dark souls have huge variety of weapons with diferent fight styles and you have different classes too so even if you don't have gameplay depth you have gameplay variety.

God of war traditionally have like 5 weapons and that is it!
>>
>>377622525
It's one of the newest and greatest memes, so 4chan kids will use it for everything and laugh themselves stupid. Also pairs up with the cuck meme 4chan's obsessed with.
>>
>>377620930
>I'm biased in consolewar faggotry
>>
>>377622525
Just a meme, really. Pretty shitty one, too
>>
>>377622201
>>377622546

Also even the number of enemies seems to be reduced. The impression is that it won't have huge mob fights.

I don't know everything feels so scripted...it's depressing really
>>
>remove fun action gameplay
>replace it with over the should trash

GREAT
>>
>>377622658
>>377622913
I know that it's a meme but he literally never makes it sound like it's someone else's kid.
The only thing that's close is asking if the boy's mother taught him to hunt, which only means Kratos wasn't around for the boy's raising.
Not that surprising for Kratos to be a shitty father.

I even just watched the video again and the kid literally calls him father and sir.
>>
File: 1494123428463.jpg (17KB, 275x200px) Image search: [Google]
1494123428463.jpg
17KB, 275x200px
>>377591395

I liked what I saw but I'm not overly hyped for it, it might not even be the end of Kratos yet after this game either but if nothing else we'll see closure on that horrible cliffhanger ending from 3

A reboot is probably just what it needed though after playing with the chain blades I'll probably miss them but his new abilities look interesting.

Its also a nice change of pace to see him trying to control his anger with the boy.

All this 'last of us stuff' is kind of retarded just because the camera is zoomed in close to him like in that game yet no one called Horizon a last of us copy so I dunno wtf is up with that, must be people just shitposting or trying to be clever or whatever
>>
does anyone have the picture where its the guy making the same thread over and over about MUH WIFES SON
>>
>>377596449
I agree, they throw themselves out of the console market with making their console exclusives also available for PC. The last three gens they had a good amount of percentage in the western market because there was just 2 other companies, now Microsoft finished their future for the console market and it will be only Sony and Nintendo in future and they both doesn't even have the same target group.
>>
>>377623534
Yes, that's why it's a shitty meme, dude. It's just being pushed because it's a son and a father, and as such, their need to shove their low quality shit dispenser of a meme. And to no surprise, it is neither fitting nor fucking funny. Just boring, stupid and entirely lacking in any creativity or clever usage
>>
File: SZ8Jyg4xvH9dwjphDW4TNb-650-80.jpg (40KB, 650x365px) Image search: [Google]
SZ8Jyg4xvH9dwjphDW4TNb-650-80.jpg
40KB, 650x365px
I'm looking forward to it
>>
>>377623331

>remove fun action gameplay

I didn't realise you played it already
>>
>>377592534
Kratos is one dumb motherfucker. Every god or titan he ever allied with betrayed him and he never figured that out.
>>
File: crying mad wojak.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
crying mad wojak.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>377623858
>S-stop calling me a cuck!!!!!! I love my wife's son!!!!!
>>
>>377624313
way to prove the point
>>
>>377624313
Yeah, good post. You're really funny, my man
>>
>>377624313
It's a nice subtlety to Kratos' character. He can't directly call him by name or son which indicates he doesn't have respect for him nor got over his own past. This is actually good writing turned into shitposting.
>>
I hope there will be a boss who has the ability to see the past life of Kratos. After he uses it he looks at the boy and says to Kratos "hope you won't have any accidents with your kid this time"
>>
Kratos is going to die early on and his son will take his mantle years later

Screencap this
>>
>>377591395
It wants us to suddenly sympathize with this asshole after like 6 games of him destroying every god/goddess he could get his hands on, and sending the world into chaos, just so he could exact his own personal revenge motiff
>>
>>377592174
You just made me realize something, this is the ultimate normalfag formula for a game success; a game so scripted and braindead that it plays itself but give normies the feeling that they've accomplished something ...... fuck
>>
>>377624313
Why are you losers so obsessed with with cucking? Do you secretly have a cuck fetish?
>>
>>377626616
they have no real criticism so their brains just throw out the latest /v/ buzzwords
>>
>>377591570
Yes it is a rehash, it's a new game using gow just for sales
>>
Did anyone notice cool details like Kratos covered his arms but he still has the chains scars on them?

Also it's pretty cool how his body is still strong but he is obviously aged and a bit more fat

The way he acts so far is also very good, like how he wants to pat his son on the shoulder but stops and calls him "boy" not son because he's very emotionally closed off and simple
>>
>>377595206
>which is why the sequels were mostly met with meh.
stopped reading right there
name one game that has an opening battle similar like this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzqJswRGc8o
GOW3 was perfect, soundtrack, bosses, gameplay, powerups, story, ending name just one fuckong game that gets closer than 3 you motherfucker
>>
>>377628049
That opening was awesome but they probably used like half the development budget on that one part alone. The rest of the game felt kinda boring in comparison.
>>
>>377628372
No it's not
>>
The guy who is directing this one only made good games tho?

What is the big worry it's just a new direction for the series
>>
>>377595206
>which is why the sequels were mostly met with meh.
Where? By who?
The sequels were improvements in all departments, except story
>>
>>377592174

This is accurate.

I am not even going to say the game will be bad. It might be great (It will get multiple 10s and GOTYs if nothing else), but it is clearly trying to jump on TLoU bandwagon, which is something this franchise didn't need.

God Of War has always been a simple hack-n-slash with epic scenes, and it is why people enjoy the franchise. A complete change to one of these "muh son" feels game is annoying at best, and comes across as forced for trying to desperately trying to turn GoW into something it is not.

Not to mention the absolutely retarded decision of bringing Kratos back. GoW 3, despite all the flaws, had a nice ending because it had Kratos FINALLY manning up to his mistakes and killing himself to spread hope across the planet (As well as a fuck you to Athena). Making another game in the GoW universe that continues the story is fine, but putting Kratos back in is nothing more than marketing to get more sales, they didn't even bother bringing back his original voice actor.

>>377628610

I am not going to say the rest of the game is boring, but the opening is by far the best part of the game. GoW 3 was the usual GoW experience besides Poseidon.
>>
>>377629539

Wait, they replaced TC Carson? What the fuck, why?
>>
>>377628049
I am a fan of GoW but 3 was shit in terms of story and ending. After an amazing epic journey of 1 and 2 there was so much potential and what we got was shitty Pandora. The game play is tight, but don't fool yourself. GoW 2 is where the franchise is at and anything afterwards pales in comparison.
>>
>>377591395

I like it better now

I didn't like the hack n slash gameplay
>>
>>377629794
Ghost of Sparta did the emotional Kratos far better. His brother should have been a part of 3
>>
>>377629794

I thought the ending fit, but you are right GoW 3 was a massive waste of potential in terms of story. Even the bosses didn't feel as good as the previous games, besides Poseidon.

What i still don't get is why they made Hermes into such a cocky asshole. At this point you had already killed Poseidon, Hades and Apollo. What the fuck was Hermes thinking?
>>
>>377628960
Cory Barlog said in an interview that it's impossible to imagine the combat being good when the camera is breathing on your back but "just trust me, it's gonna be awesome"

They know the presentation leaves much to be desired
>>
>>377629995
>What the fuck was Hermes thinking?
That he was the quickest prick around. That he was an immortal god who had dragged his dick across the globe for countless ages. That Kratos was slow and stupid. That he could toy with Kratos.
What killed him was the same thing that killed all of the gods - their arrogance and ignorant, pompous nature.
Also, he was, like the rest, infected with the corruption of the titan war, so his hubris was great
>>
>>377629961
Better than what, 10 minute gameplay trailer?
>>
File: 1490344646477.jpg (41KB, 466x493px) Image search: [Google]
1490344646477.jpg
41KB, 466x493px
>>377630002
>Cory Barlog said in an interview that it's impossible to imagine the combat being good when the camera is breathing on your back but "just trust me, it's gonna be awesome"
Let me guess, since you won't have Square and Triangle for attack, the attacks will be on the shoulder buttons, so they're gonna try to copy Souls combat...
Just like how they tried to copy DMC...
>>
>>377630914
What?
>>
>>377631050
>the attacks will be on the shoulder buttons
I think they actually did confirm that.
>>
>>377631050
I don't care what are they copying as long as the game is fun to play and has good story.

>>377631390
>Ghost of Sparta did the emotional Kratos far better.
I was thinking of the reboot GoW here. I have to take back what I said earlier about GoW 2 being the last good one. Ghost of Sparta was also great. It makes me even more sad that 3 turned out the way it did.
>>
>>377630002
Link to this interview?
>>
>>377631886
I saw it in this mesh of various interviews
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VITA89kes28
probably at the end (E3 interview) with Teal'c, sorry.
>>
>>377591395
I played God of War because I liked the gameplay, the Greek mythology and the level design.

God of War 3 was shit so I didn't care for the series after that but this "reboot" looks not fun at all. Also I'm sick and tired of Kratos as a character, why can't they start with a new protagonist?
>>
>>377632491
Kratos is kind of Sony's mascot.
>>
>>377631776
Yeah, Ghost of Sparta might as well had been GoW 2, for all its quality. Felt like a mainline game in the series.
>>
Does Cory browse /v/ or something?
The smiling Kratos is his twitter background kek
>>
>>377632575
That's too bad because he's a terrible mascot.
>>
File: 72389423.jpg (25KB, 306x354px) Image search: [Google]
72389423.jpg
25KB, 306x354px
>>377591395
>No god of war reboot playing as Muhammad on a exaggerated conquest of the Middle East for Allah
>>
>>377621996
Which is the fate of Sonyqueers when they grow up.

You are being conditioned, and easily.
>>
File: kingdom-of-heaven.jpg (983KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
kingdom-of-heaven.jpg
983KB, 1920x816px
>>377633004
I've heard some heresy over here boys
>>
File: eat-less-salt.jpg (415KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
eat-less-salt.jpg
415KB, 1600x1066px
>>377633989
Thread posts: 482
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.