[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this considered art?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Is this considered art?
>>
OOGABOOGA
>>
yes it's avant garde
>>
>>377585512
>the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.
in a sense yes, since it's meant to be visually appealing. however, the primary purpose of a videogame is provide entertainment through interactivity so overall I would say no.
>>
>>377585619
>the primary purpose of a videogame is provide entertainment

so crash bandicoot still definitely applies to your definition?
>>
>>377585810
The purpose of the crash games isn't to be appreciated for their beauty, they're meant to be appreciated because they're fun platformers
To call something art just because it evokes beauty gives little meaning to the word, I could spill my cereal on the ground in a funny way and call it art if I wanted to
>>
>>377585619
I'd say emotional power is a strong argument in favor of games being art, not the beauty part. The point of the interactivity is to make you feel like you're part of it. Even a silly game like Crash Bandicoot can make you feel excited, happy, or annoyed. I think people tend to overlook that and only consider games as art when they look pretty or have pretentious "deep" plots. But, really, even Pac-Man or Donkey Kong are art as long as they make you feel something when you play them.
>>
>>377585954
i was making a joke by suggesting the crash games are not entertaining...
>>
Woah
>>
>group effort
>art
Pick one famperino
>>
>>377585619
Unfortunately, the primary purpose of movies and books is also to entertain, so "overall" it appears they don't count either.
>>
>>377586056
>what is cinema
>what is music
>>
>>377586056
take a fucking modern and contemporary art survey and shut up faggot
>>
>>377586082
Yes, I would agree with that
>>
>>377586082
>the primary purpose of movies and books is also to entertain

i can understand a plebbite making the mistake of believing this in regards to film but BOOKS? you've gotta be fuckin kidding
>>
>>377586119
>cinema
Not art
>music
Is usually created by one man, but performed by many. Group-created music (see: pop music) is invariantly shit
>>
>>377586082
I don't think people read things like The Bible, Crime and Punishment, or Storm of Steel for entertainment
>>
>>377586316
>cinema
>Not art
Ok. Thanks for making it clear that there's no point in arguing with you by saying something so idiotic this early into the conversation.
>>
>>377586549
Movies are too expensive to be created for anything but turning profit. It's not art, it's business. No company is going to invest 10-500 million bucks into something that isn't board approved and focus-group tested. The alternative is a rich fuck's pretentious pet projects that are aimed to stroke the ego at Cannes or some shit.
>>
File: char-shaun.png (13KB, 118x241px) Image search: [Google]
char-shaun.png
13KB, 118x241px
>>377586718

>IM-FUCKING-PLYING Shaun the Sheep: The Movie isn't art

It came out within the past 5 years, fuckface.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.