[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DARK SOULS LORE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

alright faggots, since it's clear that the vast majority of you do not understand how the dark souls universe works here's a primer

Gywn and his buddies fucked up the dragons and started their age, when the age began to fade he sacrificed his ultra powerful soul to prolong the age of fire.

Each age has a choice, to link the fire or not. More often than not, the fire relies on the fact that someone (i.e. one of the hundreds of thousands of undead) will get their shit together and link the fire

If the fire isn't linked, and no one is around who can, the world is swallowed by the deep (the dreg heap), it falls into darkness, then the world 'resets' to the very first linking of the fire, where chance is that when it gets to where it failed last time, someone won't fail again.

(1/2)
>>
>>377576394

It is random whether or not someone will link the fire, but over time individuals found ways to communicate across instances of the fire, and decided the best way to prolong the world was to generate an heir each time to definitely link the fire and continue that specific instance for as long as possible

this is where the lothric royal family comes in, for ages they were the ones in charge of generating an heir to link the fire, but after time, with the fire getting weaker and weaker, shit keeps getting fucked up and less and less powerful people are able to link the fire

Prince lothric definitively deciding to not link the fire when he was the SINGLE person in that world who would be able to creates a definitive end to each instance of the world being reset, much like how Gwyn is the very beginning, Lothric will always be the end.

The dreg heap (a function of the deep) doesn't reset with each iteration of the world, and in fact keeps growing, and it is implied that when it is full the cycle will be broken and it will stop resetting.

The ringed city was given to the pygmy lords as the most apocalypse proof place in the entirety of the universe, which is the bottom of the dreg heap, which can only end once, whereas Gwyn's world ends itself and resets itself multiple times

(2/2)

feel free to ask anything else
>>
>>377576394
>Gywn ________ dragons and _______ when _____ age began to ___ he ____ soul _____ age of fire. Fill the gaps yourself
FTFY
>>
>>377576394
>starts off by calling people faggots
vaati?
>>
>>377577252
literally who?

>>377577043
what do you mean by this
>>
>DARK SOULS LORE

Who cares
>>
>>377576394

better question, is dark souls 2 relevant in anyway?
>>
>>377577946
Dark souls 3 likes to pretend it doesn't exist but there are the odd Das2 items in game
>>
Why are HUMANS linking the flame?
Aren't they created from the dark?
Heard some theory that gwyn; before roasting himself, looked for alternatetives to prolong the flame by somehow linking humanity to the first flame
>>
why don't you talk about bloodborne lore or at least demon's souls lore? dark souls lore is dull and the trilogy is shit
>>
>>377579012
Humans get cucked and lied to into doing it because they're mindless retards

What the fuck is the throne of want and what is its relation to the first flame
>>
>>377577946

dark souls 2 introduced the concept of a finite dark soul spread across multiple different locations

each of the kings waifus were fragments of manus, and would have had to been brutally murdered by Gael at some point in time. Also the waifus can fall in love with humans ;_;

ds2 also introduced Aldia, who is probably the one who told Lothric to fuck it all and not to link the fire, causing Lothric's point in time to be the definitive end to the multiverse. DS2 also introduced the ability for humanity to fuck with parts of the dark soul for beneficial reasons (see Shanalotte), to either create firekeepers or transpose things
>>
>>377579184
>Implying des and BB's lore are any less convuluted
>>
>>377579326
I didn't say anything about it being convoluted, honestly I'd say dark souls (1) is the easiest to understand in the series

still boring tho
>>
>>377579480
I actually really like das1 because it feels like you're actually at the end of time and have the choice to reset, then 2 or 3 are like oh there goes that darn fire again, always fadin n shit
>>
>>377576394
what
Isn't the age of darkness supposed to be just the age of men?
>>
>>377579012
>>377579249

Human's aren't directly of the dark, but they each contain parts of the dark. The darksign was cast by gwyn to give undeath, which means that somebody somewhere will eventually link the fire because it's either that or go hollow and die. Throne of want is the kiln of the first flame, given that name probably because to 'want' something is the only escape from going hollow, which is done when you lose your purpose. If you want the throne, you need to acquire the most powerful souls, and if you truly want it you avoid going hollow and also become the most powerful in the process
>>
Shouldn't there be no canon dragons in Das2 or 3?
>>
Any Das2 fags in here?
Is it adp that is the iframes skill?
If so should I get it to 20 and stop or keep leveling as I go?
>>
>>377579702

Londor = Ringed City, the sisters telling you to become the goat and take the fire for yourself probably to go back to Londor and chill, where you become a Lord of Hollows
>>
>>377579806

There are no canon dragons in ds2, ancient dragon is just a transposed soul, and is a fraud. Dark Souls 3 has Midir, but he's a true dragon because the Ringed City has existed since the original end of the great war
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.