[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

should i pull the trigger /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

should i pull the trigger /v/?
>>
Please do, retards who play this shit don't deserve to live.
>>
It's a game for board dads inbetween diaper changes and faxes.
>>
>>377575975
why is it bad?
>>
>>377576042
You are knocking a ball around with cars. It doesn't get more retarded than that.
>>
File: 1485212254026.jpg (15KB, 474x474px) Image search: [Google]
1485212254026.jpg
15KB, 474x474px
>>377576089
i need a new timesink. what do you recommend
>>
>>377576042
Not that anon and this is contrarian as fuck, but the community has gotten really bad, or at least it did about a year ago when I played it last.
>>
>>377576207
Roguelikes.
>>
File: Savage!.webm (2MB, 880x550px) Image search: [Google]
Savage!.webm
2MB, 880x550px
>>377575919
Do it, and disable chat while at it
>>
>>377576240
like, dark souls?
>>
>>377576398
No, like Rogue.
>>
>>377575919
It's only really worth it if you have a couple of friends you can play with regularly. Like >>377576210 says, the community is shit for multiple reasons and it's not worth playing with randoms. Thanks to the shitty matchmaking you're often going to be paired with teams of players who play nothing BUT Rocket League and/or smurf accounts, so after a few matches of winning you'll be placed in brackets where you're just endlessly stomped by tryhards.

There's a bunch of other little shit that just adds up for me: the ball doesn't behave like you'd except (it has its own wonky physics you have to learn first), good maps get removed or changed because of crybabies bitching, and the cars are getting to TF2 hat levels of ridiculousness because the devs need their fucking loot crate shit to support themselves. Rocket League is honestly already getting old, and if you haven't gotten into it by now you kind of already missed the boat.
>>
>>377575919
Get it during the upcoming steam sale.
It's a really great game... But as others have pointed out, the hype is a little old.
Heaps of people still play it though.

My advice? Avoid the Sub-Reddit for this game. It's full of faggots complaining that people in the game are being big meanies and that people have the ability to swear in a videogame. They're all fucking pathetic and can't handle the word "fuck".

The game can be very fun in split screen, I'd definitely recommend it for playing with friends.
>>
>>377576597
Good post, except for 'tryhards'.

They're better than me, what a bunch of tryhards. It's retarded.
>>
>>377576207
Rocket League is a good time sink
I don't find it 'fun' anymore, more just a skinner-box, but its excellent to pass a a couple hours a night
>>
>>377577195
Confirmed for not understanding the term "tryhard".
It's for fags who'd rather ruin others fun if it isn't 100% how the game was intended to be played,.
>>
>>377576597
>the community is shit for multiple reasons and it's not worth playing with randoms. Thanks to the shitty matchmaking you're often going to be paired with teams of players who play nothing BUT Rocket League and/or smurf accounts, so after a few matches of winning you'll be placed in brackets where you're just endlessly stomped by tryhards.
You just described every esport meme game like rocket league, r6 siege etc
>>
It's only fun when playing with others on local multiplayer. At least for me.
>>
File: 1473634840681.jpg (27KB, 324x278px) Image search: [Google]
1473634840681.jpg
27KB, 324x278px
>>377577340
>You just described every esport meme game like rocket league, r6 siege etc
That doesn't mean he;s wrong or that RL is an infallible experience.
>>
>>377577195
There are people who are better, then there are people who play top rank competitive/look up pro player strategies and use a smurf account, stomping lower levels. Pretty big difference
>>
>Team has their own in game trading system so I can't just pick up cool shit off the steam market

I love to customize so basically being forced to start from nothing killed a bit of the game for me
>>
>>377577427
So you're mad at the smurfs, not necessarily at better players/players who go in with a gameplan. That I understand.
>>
>>377575919
Its a good game, definitely worth the money if you're looking for a time sink.
Pros:
-The skill level is insanely high
-$20 and people spend thousands of hours in it
-updated every now and then with new cars and such
Cons:
-the game has a different level of toxicity (your teammates can essentially force you to lose by purposely bumping you and continuously playing against you
-crate system
-noticeably bad servers (lag will fuck you up and you WILL get blamed)
Even if you do disable chat, you will miss your teammate's queues and thus are likely to make them mad

You literally get told to kill yourself just for winning in 1v1 from my experience.
>>
>>377577386

And by others I mean friends, with splitscreen. I dont dare touch the cancerous online mode.
>>
>>377577546
No better players are fine, but someone who was 400+ hours in the game and is top rank going against level 1s and using competive strategies is retarded
>>
File: 1451546650694.jpg (13KB, 267x280px) Image search: [Google]
1451546650694.jpg
13KB, 267x280px
>>377577738
Yeah. We're agreeing here. Smurfs suck.
>>
>>377577726
Disable chat and you're good to go.

trade?
>>
>>377576359
nu-neo tokyo fucking sucks

I miss the old neo tokyo
>>
>tfw I got this "free" from PS+ like two summers ago when it was up for grabs
>play exclusively with friends
>don't follow/care about the community otherwise
As long as you've got people to play it with, you'll still have fun regardless. There are still tons of people playing at all times, so it's not like it's dying or anything, either.
>>
You can have fun without friends, don't listen to these thin skin faggots, nothing in this medium is as fun as those fast paced overtimes
>>
>>377578121
>There are people that purposefully disable the only way to communicate with teammates

Have fun losing every match because you can't tell your teammates you're defending or kicking off so you both fail to hit the ball or defend your goal and get scored on
>>
>>377579342
This. It really can be a fun experience, but you gotta be aware of the downsides too like >>377577718 says
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.