[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons/Rune Factory Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1018x767px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1018x767px
So whats your favorite Harvest Moon game?
>>
I have no idea who to marry in trio of towns

can someone give a quick rundown of the wife candidates?
>>
>>377573972
64. I love the graphics of the SNES/GB games, and I enjoy the extras of BtN/FoMT, but 64 had the best cast/layout/pacing

>not putting your chickens on the roof
>>
How should I manage getting animals in Trio of Towns?

Should I wait until I have enough pets to Herd them or something? I have one cow so far
>>
>>377574220

How's Inari?
>>
>>377573972
RUNE FACTORY 4
>>
>>377574220

Thinking Kasumi, Komari or Inari
>>
>>377576717
It's Rune Factory 4!
>>
File: 1418082811103.jpg (42KB, 500x634px) Image search: [Google]
1418082811103.jpg
42KB, 500x634px
>>377576717
>>377577979

>Late year 3
>Richer beyond my wildest dreams due to becoming Baked Corn Tycoon over the summer
>Got married to my waifu
>All villagers +10 friendship
>Favorites at +15
>Cooking and Medicine maxed
>Still
>No
>Chapter 3 event
>Have to pass by the empty throne room every time I go to see the butlers

Every day I dream of release from this torment
>>
I heard its going to come to steam, I hope it controls well on keyboard
>>
>>377575051
Get them ASAP. Herding is just a way to increase happiness faster/decrease stress for the ones that REALLY get stressed out in case you miss a day or so (not sure if they can handle just regular care without it mind). Also feeds them if you don't have food for them for whatever reason (like you forgot). Nice, but not required. I'd still get a herding animal or two quickly just so you can level them up, shit takes forfucking ever. Tip - putting a herder next to a barn makes them go to that barn first for herding. Shoving multiple herding animals right next to each other is a good way to make them waste time because they're going for the same barn.
Just one of each, as soon as you can.
Stuff Chewy Treats and Sweet Fodder down their maws as soon as one or both are available until they make twenty of their thing. Then do the same with Crispy Treats and Deluxe Fodder to get their byproduct level up (it takes a long while don't get discouraged) to A. A means 50/50 for each individual product to be regular or gold/plus, and some things REQUIRE regular. If you don't give a shit you can give them a bit more for all-S and get a second one for the regular product.
Spicy Fodder/etc is a 'might as well' while you can't get the other stuff. Same with the basic treats you can purchase that I don't even remember the names of right now. The starting treats increase happiness which increases star level of product, so it's nice but not necessary. The spicy stuff makes your animals prettier which is only really necessary for contests but it's still better than just dumping regular fodder in if you can afford it.
A single 2-space dirt thing of fodder will give you enough fodder for fuckever even with the fodder maker. Once you get the fodder maker, Caolila will be your bestest friend because she sells sardines for making sweet/deluxe fodders.
>>
>>377573972
Hero of Leaf Valley I married Dia thrice feels good to have a wife that will not happened to me in reality.
>>
>>377574220
Oh my god this.
I like them all so much I can't decide.
>>
>>377578584

I'm gonna wait until I unlock the bernese Mountain dog to get one of the herder pets because I honestly prefer that one and the husky' requires extensive work to unlock

I'll get a 2nd cow then sell it just to complete the farming tips, but should I get a chicken or some kind of wool animal next, is there a difference between getting an alpaca or rabbit? I'm only on Summer 8 of the first year
>>
Anyone know when Xseed is gonna release the Trio of Towns DLC in English?

What is all included with it?
>>
>>377579381
Nobody knows. When it's done I suppose.
Some new events, some new clothes, the ability to have children with Inari, and two new marriage candidates in Woofio and the contest MC
>>
>>377573972
Rune Factory 5,will it be out this year or the next?

>>377576717
this.Clorica best girl
>>
Are A Wonderful Life and Save the Homeland any good? If not, what are the best entries to get into the series? I have a PS3 and a PS4 btw
>>
>>377579917

I know A wonderful life is pretty different from the rest of the series, it has a port on PS2 that adds new features, and it's available to play on ps3 and ps4 via the PSN store for $10

Save the homeland, not sure about that

if you have a 3DS, get story of Seasons Trio of Towns, it's a Harvest Moon game, just under a different name due to licensing issues
>>
File: Lady Ventuswill.png (362KB, 438x470px) Image search: [Google]
Lady Ventuswill.png
362KB, 438x470px
>>377578349
You can cheese it by inviting Dylas and Amber to your party, saving, and going to bed. Reload until they leave your party, since that means the event triggered. So it's sort of better since you can get it with minimal in-game waiting if you're patient enough, but sort of worse since there's no definite amount of time to wait if you don't cheese it.
>>
File: 16899538_p0.jpg (344KB, 700x820px) Image search: [Google]
16899538_p0.jpg
344KB, 700x820px
How good are the DS/3DS Harvest Moons? All worth playing?
>>
is D that hard to beat? When does he show up in contests? Does it take specific ones?
>>
>>377573972
i think 64 probably has the most playtime, and snes was my favorite (cause it was my first)
honestly though, it benefits from being handheld yet i havent really liked much of the newer titles.
rune factory is an acceptable replacement in handheld, but its just not as calm and peaceful as harvest moon, and im not a fan of the progression/monsters in it
>>
>>377579029
Get a chicken for recipes, a large barn, and an sheep, alpaca, AND rabbit (and shove the cow in there, too)
All the wool/fur animals are used for clothesmaking and a few other things here and there (like Lulukoko's B -> A rank lock, which needs 30 wool, 15 alpaca wool, 10 rabbit fur. And plus doesn't work.). You'll want all of them, eventually. And if you want any real amount of clothes, you'll eventually also want a brown alpaca, suffolk sheep, grey rabbit, and a llama, because they give special stuff you can't just dye. Especially the suffolk, it's an entire list of special wool.
Husky you'll prooooobably get a week or so into fall as long as you actually plant sweet potatoes. I say to get something ASAP only because it takes for fucking ever to get things to level their herding ability.
Here's the guide for general advice and what you'll need and whatnot:
https://pastebin.com/gRP8ifDJ
>>
>>377580581
Harvest Moon DS is fine, but the rest aren't good right up to Story of Seasons, when it gets good again.
>>
>>377580581

Rune Factory is a spin off series that's pretty good, try it

Also there's a similar game on Steam called stardew valley, that one has the option to gay marry if you want to marry the same gender, plus it's moddable
>>
>>377580518
>Decide to marry before rescuing Venti
>Everything's ok until you go to the throne room in the cutscene
>Realize it is not ok at all
>Fuck everything, reload the save file and start training and grinding away
>Finally punch Anti-badguy Satan to death
>And drag my drive-by pancake target back to life

I don't even mind her not being a marriage candidate.
She was too good of a friend.
>>
>>377578957

Wow are all the candidates that good?

If I could go gay and the DLC was out I'd choose Woofio

Though can you sum up each of the girls personalties?
>>
>>377583405
Honestly, I would've preferred Venti stayed dead. Acts one and two all seemed to be about accepting mortality and how playing god is kind of a bad idea. Act one shows Venti's folly in having people unnaturally extend her life. As a result the land is slowly dying and all her friends have turned into mindless monsters. Act two had basically the same theme. This time you're unnaturally extending her life with the rune spheres which attract a megalomaniacal madman who reaks havoc on the town. In the end, Venti dies anyway, but she seems at peace with it. But then Act three starts and basically says the problem was that you didn't play god hard enough, and straight up has you resurrecting the dead. It seems thematically inconsistent.
>>
File: C61SB0rV4AAOX2u.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
C61SB0rV4AAOX2u.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
>>377573972
I think it's gotta be Trio of Towns for my favorite game in the series.

It just feels so good.
Pic related is my wife.
>>
>>377585475

Was thinking about marrying Kasumi in my game, how is she?
>>
>>377584430
>But then Act three starts and basically says the problem was that you didn't play god hard enough, and straight up has you resurrecting the dead. It seems thematically inconsistent.
While the story in these games is never anything to really think about, I agree. And I imagine the company did too, which is why the end of Act 3 feels so empty. You just show up and she's basically like, "Uh, well I guess I could've left this entire time, haha. Sorry for wasting your time :))" (not her exact words but that's what I think they were going for)

I think the team just wanted a penultimate dungeon to throw at the player so you could have more things to do, and they just recycled the Venti element without putting much thought into it. The story is never anything more than an excuse for more grinding/fighting, anyway.
>>
File: 0768.png (528KB, 400x720px) Image search: [Google]
0768.png
528KB, 400x720px
>>377585674
She a real sweetheart.
She really grows as a person thanks to you dating and marrying her.
She's very good at expressing her gratitude for giving her this happy life.

If there's anything specific you want to know just ask.
>>
File: 43414770_p1.jpg (2MB, 1839x2533px) Image search: [Google]
43414770_p1.jpg
2MB, 1839x2533px
For headpats
>>
>>377586096

I don't know how to make kechin soup, so as soon as I can get a chicken to give eggs to her as gifts right?

or should I get two so I'll have one egg to ship? shoud I just alternate with one?
>>
>>377586096

also should I go ahead and make my 2nd expansion eastern themed? How do I get materials for that?
>>
File: CmuMRtHVMAAAbV9.jpg (94KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
CmuMRtHVMAAAbV9.jpg
94KB, 720x720px
>>377586396
>>377586463
Kenchin soup is a 3rd year gift. You won't be seeing it for a long time.
The easiest gifts for her are apricots and spinach soup. Both of them are very easy to get too.
Apricots are a like level gift. The soup is a love level.

As for the expansions I wouldn't worry about theme until the last upgrade. That's when the various options besides the basic 3 become available.
>>
>>377573972
Stardew Valley
>>
>>377586693
>Apricots

Dang town link rank isn't big enough

So whats the difference between love and llike gifts? Love gifts boost more?

How do eggs fit in that criteria
>>
File: 1464497379495s.jpg (5KB, 250x186px) Image search: [Google]
1464497379495s.jpg
5KB, 250x186px
>>377580581
>mfw when they reveal Mikoto is actually a girl after you beat the game and you knew from the moment you met her
>>
>>377586850
Apricots you can just find on the ground.

>So whats the difference between love and llike gifts? Love gifts boost more?
Like is 500 friendship points. Love is 1000.

Eggs are used in the spinach soup. It's a very easy recipe.
>>
>>377587157

What are these wraps for?
>>
>>377587848

also how many gifts can be given a day?
>>
>>377582469
That picture is from Rune Factory.
>>
>>377587848
>>377587896
Adds extra FP on a gift.
Different villagers prefer different wrapping paper.

1 gift per day.
>>
>>377586925
It's not that big of a secret for the player. She is grouped with all the other girls in the opening. I wouldn't be surprised if it was spoiled in pre-release material.
>>
>>377586768
>Subhuman Stardew Degenerates kept demanding SoS have gays
>Marvelous said that due to all the requests, they are considering it for the next SoS game

Thanks for spoiling our series, literal human waste.
>>
>>377588759
I doubt the two audiences even overlap that much, honestly.

Most likely fujoshit requesting it
>>
>>377588759
Wait, what? I thought those subhuman didn't know SoS is the original HM games?
>>
Trio of towns

>Iluka vs Siluka
Discuss
>>
>>377588759

Honestly didn't know they were considering that
>>
>>377589325
Iluka, how is this even in question
>>
File: 14.png (29KB, 250x240px) Image search: [Google]
14.png
29KB, 250x240px
>already married and have a kid in my save file
>want to keep playing, but need to wait for the dlc to release so I see the new dialogue before I stop playing for good

Fucking when Xseed?
>>
>>377573972
Stardew valley
>>
Rune factory 3 I have replayed it 4 times just because I don't have a 3ds to play 4
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.