[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Halo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (2MB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1536x1152px
What is the canon difficulty?
>>
Heroic, what with Chief still able to kill off the covies yet remaining easily killable unlike Legendary where it's mostly just hiding and running from fights
>>
>>377573301
Heroic
>tfw this was once a Chief mission
>>
>>377573301
Goes between Heroic like >>377573403 said and Legendary for some bits of CE involving Flood.
>>
>>377573301
heroic
>>
>>377573403
>>377573457
Yeah but on Heroic the covenant you fight are mostly high rank.
>>
>>377573301
I asked my friend the same question back when 3 came out and he called me retarded for thinking about a game so hard.
>>
File: halo-2-3.jpg (67KB, 600x443px) Image search: [Google]
halo-2-3.jpg
67KB, 600x443px
>>377573554
It's a mix
>>
>>377573640
I think maybe the closest we can get is Normal with the Tilt Skull on.
>>
>>377573301
>[...]this is the way Halo is meant to be played.
It's outright stated in the description of Heroic that it's the intended way to play the game for most of the series, dude.
>>
Easy.

Chief is a God, he shan't have a hard time.
>>
>>377573301
I like to think canon that Master Chief is slightly unhinge, and does see grunts shoot confetti from their heads when he headshots them.
>>
>>377573301
Anything above Normal doesn't really make sense for how the story talks about Chief. But a low difficulty also benefits regular grunts. So there isn't a great fit.
>>
>>377573301
Difficulty is a meta-aspect to the game, and thus doesn't exist in canon. It's like asking what the canon graphic settings are.
>>
People will say heroic but that's wrong. In a hypothetical, lore accurate difficulty setting, for marines:

UNSC weapons would preform very similar to how they do on heroic vs the covenant, but covenant weapons would be many more times effective. Single plasma pistol shots could kill marines if they hit the head, torso, or vital areas of the circulatory system, as would needler crystals. Even if plasma pistol or rifle shots didn't kill you, you'd be passing out due to the shock. Heavier weapons like plasma grenades or fuel rod guns would quite literally vaporize you. Carbine shots would act similar to human ballistic weapons, but non fatal shots would become fatal very qickly, as they are made of a highly reactive radioactive material that burns and irradiates the wound site.

Brute weapons, on the other hand, would probably be a little less deadly then UNSC weapons, brute shot aside, but that's the point, they are intended to scare and torture. You'd probably pass out due to blood loss before you die, barring obvious stuff like pierced hearts or crushed skulls. For the covenant species themselves, both elites and especially brutes could tear a physically fit adult male apart, especially brutes. I suggest you look up some scale charts to actually see how big both races are. Hunters are basically monsters, you have no hope of fighting them and living unless you have an anti-tank weapon on you. They could litterally step on you, it may not look it in game but Hunter's are 12 feet tall, you probably only reach their waist.

You (assumng you are a militarily trained, physically fit but otherwise average adult male) are probably on par with grunts in a hand to hand fight, with a slight advantage over jackals. No clue on drones.
>>
>>377574871
Actually, I justremebered, grunts are actually super strong a la chimpanzees or gorillas, they'd tear your physically apart in a hand to hand fight, as we see in contact harvest
>>
>>377573301
I think Halo 2 elites were the best design wise
>>
>>377574871
I'd like to think Legendary is the canon setting but the problem is you fight mostly commanders on this setting. I can mod damage values in Halo 1 and 2 but for the rest I'm SOL.
>>
>>377573301
Heroic, it's even stated in the games themselves.
>>
>>377574871
I think that on the ground the UNSC was roughly on par with the Covienet on a 1-1 basis. THey just lost every space fight ever. (The battles that actually matter)
>>
>>377573640
>>377574351
>>377574495
>>377574617
>>377575253
“Fight against formidable foes that will truly test your skill and wits; this is the way Halo is meant to be played.”
— Description from Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach.
>>
Probably normal. Based on what we see in EU stuff the chief is pretty hardcore, legendary makes him be a fragile little pussy who has to hide and heroic lets him kill stuff but he's still a little too fragile. Normal difficulty feels pretty "super-soldiery"
>>
>>377573629
Have to agree with your friend there.
>>
>>377575393
When I said "it's a mix" in this post >>377573640 I meant it in enemy rankings on the Heroic difficulty.
>>
Legendary with all skulls on.
>>
>>377575673
My apologies Anon
>>
>>377573301
Heroic, it says so in the description.

Also, heroic kind of matches how Covenant are in the books. Spartans have trouble dealing with just a single elite or brute sometimes. Marines have trouble with grunts. The Covenant were meant to be seen as extremely dangerous to humanity.
>>
>>377575390
That was largely due to SPARTANs.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.