[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Games /v/ likes that you just couldn't get in to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: Box_Art-MH4U_N3DS.png (1MB, 902x800px) Image search: [Google]
Box_Art-MH4U_N3DS.png
1MB, 902x800px
ITT: Games /v/ likes that you just couldn't get in to
>>
It's not that /v/ liked MH4U, it's that there was no alternative.
>>
>>377565451
It's a steep learning curve if you've never played a MH game before, but I love it. Play it with three of my lads and we have a ball every weekend.
>>
File: Dauntless 01.webm (3MB, 710x400px) Image search: [Google]
Dauntless 01.webm
3MB, 710x400px
>>377565928
How do you feel about the following?
>>
>>377565451
4U sucked worse than generations imo.
>Here lemme just shove this story down your throat.
4U is literally unplayable.
Granted, Generations was trash too.

MHFU was the only good MH game I've played.
>>
>>377566554
>4U is bad because it added a story
>Text can still be mashed through at the speed of sound
>MHFU
Don't make me say it.
>>
>>377566406
It looks like Dragon's Dogma and that is a very good thing.
>>
File: Dauntless 02.webm (3MB, 710x400px) Image search: [Google]
Dauntless 02.webm
3MB, 710x400px
>>377567119
I only played a bit of it, and the combat was fun. Despite obvious Alpha bugs.

I'm just worried about the item drop rates since its going for f2p.
>>
>>377565928
Steep learning curve, Obnoxiously high difficulty, Everything being really slow, Extremely low drop rates for any decent items, etc. stops me from enjoying MH. They're well made games, they're just not fun to me
>>
>>377567241
>f2p

Well fuck there went my hopes and dreams. It was a nice minute though.
>>
>>377567241
Some f2p games aren't total jewfests. I'm cautiously optimistic.
>>
>>377567597
>>377567806
From what I played in the alpha those are my webms the grinding wasn't much different than MH at the start. Later I'm sure it will get worse. I believe most of the pay wall is going to be the end of match loot.

You get an item at the end of match that drops random loot and the items to let you upgrade that loot item (make items it drops rarer) were pretty hard to come by.

Outside of that though I didn't see any major problems.
>>
>>377568135
>I believe most of the pay wall is going to be the end of match loot.

That'd probably be the kinda total jewfest I wouldn't be about. But it it's all in the numbers. If it's a small boost and the game is balanced for free players then fine, if that shit speeds the grind up by 2x or 3x then fuggit, I'm out.
>>
>>377568135
So they added blood to the hit effects. Looks a bit better. Did they fix the sounds? Also, you have any full vids or solo vids? The videos I've seen are all of retarded journos getting stomped.
>>
>>377568135
Do the hit effects still sound like quiet farts that completely and utterly remove all feeling of weight?
I mean, the animations already do that with crappy effects, but the the last time I heard the game the sounds were even worse.
>>
>>377568735
I have a few videos but haven't gotten around to removing my ID tag yet.

>>377568794
Hits felt better in the last alpha, but still buggy. The creatures don't react to a heavy hit which bothers me. The sound wasn't terrible. I only bothered to use the hammer so far, it really felt like when you swung you were committed to it all the way.

My biggest complaint was the lack of escapes that should be there but don't work because of wonky controls.
>>
>>377565451
Best MH
>>
File: The_World_Ends_With_You.jpg (63KB, 250x225px) Image search: [Google]
The_World_Ends_With_You.jpg
63KB, 250x225px
I didn't like the combat at all.
>>
>>377565451
Seriously? no one has said it yet? well.

Git gud.
>>
>>377571251
I didn't have a problem with difficulty, i just wasn't having fun with the game
>>
>>377568910
so, what weapons are there in this? im looking for the IG or Bow equivalents, if there are any
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.