[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did this game die so damn fast?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 411
Thread images: 89

File: DOW3.jpg (513KB, 1510x1099px) Image search: [Google]
DOW3.jpg
513KB, 1510x1099px
Why did this game die so damn fast?
>>
>>377561874
because dawn only lasts a few hours every day, anon
>>
>>377561874
memEsports
>>
>$60 for f2p quality
>>
File: dawn of war.png (3MB, 1624x2423px) Image search: [Google]
dawn of war.png
3MB, 1624x2423px
>>377561874
>He fell for the DoW3 meme
Not to late to get a refund
>>
Very short campaign with no replayability
Multiplayer sucks

RTS is a dying genre and they didn't try hard enough, there's nothing new or innovative in this one and it's not particularly well done. I honestly think their best bet would be to try to be the best single player or co-op RTS on the market but they went full esports mode which doesn't work.
>>
>>377562297

dark crusade and soulstorm are backwards
>>
>>377561874
A mix of lack of content, issues with the source material and a really autist fanbase.
>>377561926
That too.
>>
>It's a W40k licensed game
>It's not grim or dark

WOOOOOW
>>
>>377562360
>I honestly think their best bet would be to try to be the best single player or co-op RTS on the market but they went full esports mode which doesn't work.
All my this.
>>
>>377562442
This this this

Holy Fuck I don't even care if they make the gameplay good and fix everything with future expansions and updates. At the end of the day, this game doesn't look or feel like fucking 40k so I refuse to play it.
>>
File: 38f.png (91KB, 240x255px) Image search: [Google]
38f.png
91KB, 240x255px
>>377562442
>angelos doing somersaults
>>
>>377562879
It hurts
>>
>>377561874
Poor campaign
Oversimplified game with overcomplicated mechanics
No Last Stand
Only one multiplayer game mode.
Uneven voice acting.
>>
>>377562879
At least the other termies use teleports.
>>377562442
It seemed the guy doing the soundtrack was the only one who did read the memo.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g16KN0bISgc
>>
>>377562879

>orks are loading themselves into catapult trucks to be launched at the enemy like fucking circus performers
>everyone is ok with this
>space marine chapter master does a backflip
>this is unacceptable and beyond the bounds of human decency

I don't understand people.
>>
>>377561926
>reddit humor
>>
File: TerminatorArmour.png (28KB, 607x254px) Image search: [Google]
TerminatorArmour.png
28KB, 607x254px
>>377563456
Terminator Armour is notoriously bulky and slow. Running and sprinting in it is practically impossible.

Orks doing stupid shit is just orky though.
>>
>>377562421
lolno DC was utter shit while SS is widely regarded as the best game in the series, stop trying to be so contrarian.
>>
>>377563654
>SS is widely regarded as the best game in the series

By memelords on /v/

SS was garbage, kid
>>
inb4 Angelos was a primaris so he can somersault. It was gifted by Cawl
>>
File: 1445561231839.jpg (2MB, 1598x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1445561231839.jpg
2MB, 1598x1000px
>>377563643
>Terminator Armour is notoriously bulky and slow. Running and sprinting in it is practically impossible.

Nigger, the tabletop rules directly contradict you. Terminators are just as capable of making making a Run move as a Guardsman squad.

I agree that backflips and the like are retarded, but any claim that it hinders your ability to move and run is based on nothing.
>>
>>377563643
Either those cyber part are really strong, Goto was right on the "God-Splitter had a piece of Khaine on it" bit, the Blood Ravens stole Harlequin stuff or Bluddflagg spread the word that da magpies boss was so 'ard that he could run on Termie Kan.
>>
>>377563905
I literally posted a counter example.
>inb4 BL is not canon

>>377563878
He's way too big to be a Primaris. Plus nothing in DoW 3 references their magpie like tendencies.
>>
>the much needed balance patch is delayed by a fucking week
jesus christ
>>
File: 1393292870148.jpg (92KB, 879x845px) Image search: [Google]
1393292870148.jpg
92KB, 879x845px
>>377564096
>I literally posted a counter example

Are you retarded? You literally posted an example of a guy RUNNING AND JUMPING in Terminator armor, while claiming that doing so was "practically impossible."

>BL overrules the tabletop

Tertiary fans are adorable.

Also if you read that book and weren't just spouting shit that someone else posted, you'd know that Hyperion was a retard and generally a shit tier Space Marine. He also hadn't spent nearly as much time in Terminator armor as, for example, a Paladin.

Why the fuck take his word as gospel as to how impractical it is to move while wearing Terminator armor?

You're an idiot.
>>
File: contrarian.png (111KB, 748x546px) Image search: [Google]
contrarian.png
111KB, 748x546px
>>377563784
SS was outright the best version of DoW1, this isn't even up for debate.
>>
>>377563905
>>377564096
Logan Grimnar could run on Termie armor in one of the Grey Knights books.
Then again, he is one of the oldest loyalists not put on a Dreadnought.
>>
>>377564060
Ork psychic powers of belief enable gabriel's frontflips. This is fantastic idea.
>>
File: terminators agility.jpg (68KB, 527x230px) Image search: [Google]
terminators agility.jpg
68KB, 527x230px
Just going to leave this here.
>>
File: Dawn Somewhere.png (63KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Dawn Somewhere.png
63KB, 800x600px
>>377561926
>>
>>377564428
Reread the picture, and understand what is written in it.

>>377564457
That's what I posted yes. Its an achievement, as noted.
>>
>>377564548
It worked on Yarrick.
>>
>>377564687
>Reread the picture, and understand what is written in it.

I do, and apparently better than you do. Grimnar is pushing the armor to its limit, which means he's moving even faster than someone in Terminator armor usually can - which is already normal speed.

And you already got btfo by >>377564594

Feel free to stop posting.
>>
>>377564708
I'm not against it at all. I can't take wh40k seriously at all so when shit like this actually happens i can appreciate it. Ork psychic powers is one of my favourite things about wh40k.
>>
>>377564812
Remarkable freedom and agility is not the same as running around at full speed in it.

But feel free to take your own advice.
>>
>>377564871
Me too. It helps that my introdution to 40K was Deff Skwadron, The Redeemer the TTS series and LCB.
>>
>>377562297
>Soulstorm being better than Dark Crusade and Winter Assault
>DoW2 not being objectively ok with Chaos Rising being great and Retribution being irredeemable shit
>>
>>377564941
>Remarkable freedom and agility is not the same as running around at full speed in it.
>Terminators cannot run at full speed, except for when they can

Amazing argument. So just to summarize.

>both the actual rules and a black library snippet that YOU posted support my argument
>you have posted nothing that supports your argument

I'm curious as to how you came to the conclusion that running in Terminator armor is
>practically impossible
seeing as that's not something you would have read anywhere. Are you just parroting some shitty meme you saw in one of these threads?
>>
>>377565238
>Shit curade
>better than Soulstorm
Make your samefagging less obvious
>>
>>377561874
Lack of content and 1v1 is complete shit because there's no build diversity since balance is complete shit.
>>
>>377565325
>S-Samefag!
How about you prove any one of us wrong instead of being a retard
>>
ITT: angry nerds argue over a fantasy universe where green men launch themselves with catapults
>>
> previous game has insanely successful Last Stand game mode
> it's played far more than any other multiplayer mode
> don't include it in the sequel

Relic is absolutely retarded.
>>
>>377565280
But I have. Work on your reading comprehension.

Even better, consider that if Guardsmen, Marine and Terminators move at the same speed on the tabletop, it makes marines extremely slow. Whatever pattern of armour they wear.
>>
>>377563784
Don't bother, this memelord posts this image and his awful taste every dow thread for juicy (you)'s
>>
>>377562297
I agree with this
>>
File: 1491469914668.png (58KB, 493x373px) Image search: [Google]
1491469914668.png
58KB, 493x373px
At least we have Total Warhams 2 to look forward to
>>
>>377565460
Post your tits, woman.
>>
>>377565545
>But I have. Work on your reading comprehension.

Shit argument. Do better.

>consider that if Guardsmen, Marine and Terminators move at the same speed on the tabletop, it makes marines extremely slow
>nigger who doesn't play tabletop tries to use it to support his argument
>just makes himself look dumber

The 6" move is used because that's the "average" move anyone can make (whether it's a guardsman, an ork, or a termaguant) when they still want to shoot/charge at something. It has nothing to do with them being slow, it's about being careful and ready to engage a target.

The run move is made when you aren't going to shoot/charge at anything, and all infantry can do it if they so desire. Your claim that running in Terminator is practically impossible (your words) is supported by nothing.

And you know what makes you look even dumber? There's actually a rule in the tt game that prevents a unit from running (Slow & Purposeful). Surprise, Terminators don't have this rule.

You're really bad at this.
>>
I can't speak for everyone, but here's why I've dropped it
>Campaign isn't interesting with very limited choices in terms of gameplay, most missions only allow you to produce a handful of unit types with a straight shot to the objectives
>Multiplayer is very constricting with 5 out of the 6 viable ways to play being a spam of singular unit early on and then bringing down Elites to carry for rest of the game
>AI is CoH2's older cousin with an even higher amount of bullshit (not to mention Casual and Normal are too easy and Hard is ballbustingly insanely difficult due to how much of a boost the AI gets in all fields)
>The grind is not fun nor enjoyable with no reward in the end
>lack of modes
>lack of maps (was their plan to rely on the community?)
>too much of a focus on eSports and MOBA shit
>>
>>377563905
>any claim that it hinders your ability to move and run is based on nothing
In TT, pretty much everything moves at the same speed, barring speed-increasing equipment. The closest there is to discreet speed measurements for various units is the FF rules (GW sanctioned!), in which Terminator armour gives a speed malus.
>>
>>377565457
DoW1: Vanilla
Classic squad based RTS game utilizing cover with a heavy focus on map control, agression and micromanagment. A solid game, had some balance problems and hickups along the way but most of it got ironed out throught the games lifespan.

Winter Assault
Released in a very poor rushed out state, game was clearly unfinished, was extremly buggy with units shooting in melee and various other game breaking glitches. Not bad when Relic got round to fixing it though.

Dark Crusade
HORRIBLE game, some of the worst balance in any RTS game to date, random changes for no rhyme or reason, extremly buggy, was absolutley hated by the community, fire on the move bug crippled the game and online was plagued with connection problems that would drop people from games mid match and rampant hacking. Relic promised a patch was coming but it never happened.

Soulstorm
Fixed many of the broblems with DC, saved the DoW1 community which was on its deathbed after the mess that was DC, had a few minor problems on launch but not as bad as WA or DC and they were patched out with updates, best balance out of all the DoW games. Still has an active community that plays the game regularly online stood the test of time, great game.
>>
>>377566273
Are you on /v/ every day?
>>
>>377566140
>In TT, pretty much everything moves at the same speed, barring speed-increasing equipment

See >>377566094
specifically
>There's actually a rule in the tt game that prevents a unit from running (Slow & Purposeful)

Also CW Eldar have Battle Focus that represents their superior speed in combat.
>>
>>377566094
>Hard is ballbustingly insanely difficult

Hard AI is still ridiculously easy to beat.
>>
File: New40kProfilesTerminatorSqd.jpg (51KB, 999x142px) Image search: [Google]
New40kProfilesTerminatorSqd.jpg
51KB, 999x142px
>>377566083
Things don't change because you don't believe them, you know.
>>
>>377566371

second quote was meant to be >>377566083
>>
>>377563456
Thats orky as fuck what are you on about?
>>
File: 1462761208085.jpg (327KB, 890x890px) Image search: [Google]
1462761208085.jpg
327KB, 890x890px
>>377566389

Can they no longer run?
>>
>>377566343
>Gets BTFO
>Shitposts
>>
>>377561874
It caters to no one.

It's not lore adherent to appease the auticstic fanbase
The narrative/voice acting isn't all that special or meme-worthy
Synch kills are gone so no spectacle fags to pander to
anemic gameplay mode and balance is off so no one cares for competitive play
base building and economy control isn't deep so it doesn't appeal to macrofags
cover is a bubble area instead of position based so no appeal to micro/realismfags
Aesthetic that no one likes
It feel like a game made by billions of tiny independent developers who came at the last week of production and shoved everything together.
>>
>>377566778
Every time I see a Dawn of War thread on /v/, I see these exact posts every time.
>>377562297
>>377566273
It's odd to me, this rote repetition. Every Dawn of War thread is the exact same, beat for beat. I'm curious as to the reason for this. I have to assume it's just one person, but perhaps it's more.
>>
DoW 3 is bad. simple as that
>>
File: 1473856715450.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1473856715450.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>377561874

I must have said this a dozen times by now but SM/Eldar/Orks is stale as fuck at this point.

If the devs felt they absolutely had to go with 3, it could have very easily been IG/Necrons/Tau.
>>
>>377566273
>bugs and that's it
Good for you that it's all you care about. But aside from the fact that Soulstorm received the lowest critical reception out of the three, check this out
>DoW1: Vanilla
Same

>Winter Assault
Great expansion that shifted the focus towards units that are basically meant to die, creating a new type of gameplay where positioning and creating frontlines while maintaining defenses is key and not favoring unit survivability

>Dark Crusade
Ok game with a clearly unbalanced new faction that had to be smoothed out, never really quite caught on since anything they did could be done better by a different faction. Tau were cool though.

>Soulstorm
Didn't really do anything new aside from a faction and those dumbasfuck aerial units. Always paraded by waifu fags.
>>
>>377567109
There's a lot of criticism you can levy at DoW2 but one thing I think they nailed was the setting and the factions in play.
What would the setting be for an IG vs Necrons vs Tau game?
>>
>>377561874
All they had to do was either rehash 1 or 2 again or mix them together and it would have been totally fine, but no. They just had to do some dumb bullshit.
>>
>>377567186
>Im just going to ignore all these game breaking bugs, horrific balancing issues and the fact that half the game literally didn't work in a desperate attempt at damage control.

You might be able to make a more compelling argument if you had actually played any of these games more than 20 min.
>>
>>377567230
not that anon but just spitballing, but maybe an unknown Necron tomb gets woke because the tau are trying to take a planet from the IG.
>>
>>377567492
>but muh bugs
Good for you that you think Soulstorm would've been the only means for Relic to introduce bug fixes and patches. If you're that desperate.
>horrific balancing issues
And you ignore Soulstorm's aerial units and retarded waifu faction why?
>Half the game literally didn't work
Worked on my machine

Like >>377567001 points out, you are the only person posting these retarded opinions in every DoW thread with nothing to back them up.
>>
File: 1474531545806.jpg (300KB, 1000x1369px) Image search: [Google]
1474531545806.jpg
300KB, 1000x1369px
>>377567230
>What would the setting be for an IG vs Necrons vs Tau game?

Shit writes itself.

>Imperial Guard are sent in to reclaim a section of space that the Tau have colonized
>Tau are getting their asses kicked
>in desperation they start unearthing ancient alien ruins they have found on the planets in hopes of adapting the technology to their own ends
>wake up a slumbering dynasty, which begins a genocide campaign of the entire planet/solar system/subsector

And this is just off the top of my head. Give it to any writer with half a brain and they can come up with something better.

A lot can be switched around, too.

>Tau are the aggressors, IG are getting their asses kicked
>local Mechanicus explorator fleet is the one who breaks into the tomb to try and aid the campaign

>maybe the Necrons are in the shit - their reawakening protocols are fucked and half the legions are barely functional
>can barely fend off the advancing Tau expansion forces
>IG show up to kill absolutely everything, so now the Tau and Necrons need to work together to not die
>just need to buy enough time to plug in the Tesseract Vault and let their shard go to work

And we could have main characters that aren't just
>proud space marine commander
>enigmatic Eldar farseer
>brutal Ork warlord

A conversation where a naive and energetic Fire Caste commander tries to convince a million year old jaded as fuck Necron Overlord of the benefits of the Greater Good would be pretty neato.
>>
>>377568040
As long as faggy space weeb commies get killed i am happy
>>
>>377568040
Ok but only if the Necrons have Australian accents
>>
>>377563456
Orks gonna Ork. It's what they do. But when Terminator armour, otherwise known as Tactical DREADNAUGHT armour is doing flips a dozen meters in the air, that is when I call bullshit. Stick with the flavor of the IP, or get left in the cold by those that love that flavor.

>>377561874

So since they abandoned the fans of the IP with their choices, the only option was to make a game that blew everything else out of the water. Evidently they didn't do that. That is why it failed.

But to be honest, I wouldn't know. I didn't buy it because I didn't like the way it was looking during development.

Vote with $$
>>
>>377567812
>Good for you that you think Soulstorm would've been the only means for Relic to introduce bug fixes and patches.
And yes DC still remains a broken pile of shit to this day

>And you ignore Soulstorm's aerial units and retarded waifu faction why?
Probably because neither of these things are unbalanced and are good aditions to the game.

Something you would actually know if you know had actually played the game for longer than 20 min

>Worked on my machine
No, it literally doesn't.

You have literally just been BTFO, theres a reason why Soulstorm STILL has an active community and DC is dead, this has been backed up with evidence multiple times.

No matter how hard you samefag or link to yourself you have literally nothing.
>>
File: 1492234404206.jpg (40KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1492234404206.jpg
40KB, 800x800px
>>377563905
Actually in older versions of the tabletop, they couldn't move as fast as other units. GW just got rid of those rules at various times they were "improving" the game by getting rid of rules.

Therefore Nigger, you are, like all Niggers, under educated about what you speak and should get your ass back in school.
>>
File: 1421416896362.png (266KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1421416896362.png
266KB, 700x700px
>>377568814

>Welcome to Lorn V, cunt
>>
>>377568998
Actually you are wrong, and right. Originally, BC was superior. SS had alot of bugs and balancing issues that were flat out pathetic, when released. But it had more factions, and a few more toys available for modding. Therefore the modding community jumped onto it and never let go.

Mostly because Relic could not program something better. They just kept dropping the ball with later games. For christ's sake, they were getting shown up by a modding community. But they went back and integrated a few of the tweaks the modder made as a pathc and fix the glaring bugs. So NOW SS is a better game. But originally, it was Black Crusade.

Learn your history scrub. Else you look like an idiot.
>>
>>377569161
>Actually in older versions of the tabletop, they couldn't move as fast as other units

You also couldn't move and shoot Rapid Fire weapons beyond half range, and models that Go to Ground couldn't contest. But nobody gives a shit about what the rules used to be.

Get the fuck out.
>>
Because it's shit.

I got it for free with my motherboard, but haven't had the desire to play past mission 4. All the stuff that took skill has been removed from the game. It's literally build blob then attack move. That's all there is to this game.
>>
File: 1291818647182.jpg (46KB, 363x310px) Image search: [Google]
1291818647182.jpg
46KB, 363x310px
>>377569874
They do for fluff jackass, as seen by the fact that the community remembers the shit you can't. But it help that they have a brain and you, well you have mush. Keep up the pot, I'm sure it doesn't hurt cognitive functions...
>>
>>377561874
I really like the game - it hit a lot of the spots I really wanted it to - but it's suffering from lack of content. It needs another game mode desperately, and the map variety is exactly the opposite - not varied.

With some content patches, it'll be a solid game. The problem is, if they take too long, it'll be truly dead before then and just fade away no matter what content they pump into it.
>>
>>377570060
>They do for fluff jackass

Nope. And you won't find one person who agrees with you.

Try harder.
>>
>>377569861
>BC
lol

Even on release SS was less broken than DC, DC was plagued with problems that were never fixed including the notorious fire on the move accuracy bug and was extremely prone to desyncs and dropping players from online games.

It wasn't just "a little buggy" it was unplayable.

And if you are going to call someone a scrub or an idiot, get the fucking name of the game you are trying to defend right.
>>
>>377568998
>hey Jim, lets give everyone a new unit that defies all rules and forget to include a proper counter unit, lets just hope the player racks up on armor
>oh yeah and lets put a faction in that's boring as all get out with a new unique resource that brings nothing to the table
>Oh yeah and just because we have to match Dark Crusade and it's 2 factions, lets throw in the Dark Eldar but they're not on the cover so lets only make the SoB viable but still shit
>Oh hey, Jim, almost forgot. So Dark Crusade had a campaign that everyone seemed to love so lets copy that but remove some of the best aspects like persistent base building since we're trying to be new, but lets keep those missions that take place right after each other where you have to defend your base but make you start from scratch each time because...you know...we're different
>Oh and almost forgot, lets rebalance the game by nerfing everyone else except the SoB (because like I said we made them shit) and lets also give them hero units that are easy to acquire early on that will wipe out everyone else
But please, keep on crying as if it will erase the fact that Soulstorm was obviously a cheaply made expansion that was made by a small team while Relic worked on DoW2.

Oh and I almost forgot
>falling for the "worked on my machine" line
You have to fucking retarded. Of course DoW1 is buggy in itself and it's expansions. But seeing as how that's the only thing you complain about as if the entire series was a borken mess beyond repair until your precious soulstorm came along, it's obvious how much of a retard you are.
>S-Samefag
Whatever helps you sleep at night, fag.
>>
File: 1338107966752.jpg (45KB, 396x400px) Image search: [Google]
1338107966752.jpg
45KB, 396x400px
>>377570142
Don't need to. Look at sales. The 40k fan community rejected it. They saw the bullshit they were pulling and said "No. Thank you."

You on the other hand, have got... well it looks like nothing, but as you are are naked from the waste down and have your hands near your vagina, I would say you have dick all. But it doesn't really apply to you.
>>
>>377567109
>so anally obliterated at long range they have to kamikaze against the crisis suits
gue'la, pls
>>
File: 1476406390381.png (411KB, 1285x870px) Image search: [Google]
1476406390381.png
411KB, 1285x870px
>>377570340
>this nigger trying to talk about fluff
>starts talking about sales, of all things

Are you retarded? I'm actually curious to try and see where you take this argument.
>>
File: 1460845748255.jpg (452KB, 1200x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1460845748255.jpg
452KB, 1200x1066px
>>377570434

Yeah, the White Scars (and the Raven Guard) got absolutely BTFO in that campaign.
>>
>>377563643
Good read :)
>>
File: 1491800008637.jpg (23KB, 440x259px) Image search: [Google]
1491800008637.jpg
23KB, 440x259px
>>377570557
Yes, notice how the game sold for shit? Yeah, that is the fans saying "You really are trying to push this bullshit as grimdark 40k? This bright shiny piece of rehashed dogshit that you want me to buy with flipping dreadnaughts and marines larger then Primarchs? Yeah... NO. I'll be over here with my money, thanks."

But you are very slow. So I understand that you can't help not getting it. It's ok. Go find an adult to read this to you. It will help.
>>
>>377569161
>Actually in older versions of the tabletop, they couldn't move as fast as other units
Which older version, Rogue Trader? In 2nd ed+ they're as fast as a tactical marine at M 4.
>>
>>377570254
>new unit that defies all rules and forget to include a proper counter unit
False

> boring as all get out with a new unique resource that brings nothing to the table
False

>only make the SoB viable but still shit
Contradictory and false

>not on the cover
Is this supposed to be an argument?

>Dark Crusade had a campaign that everyone seemed to love
DC campaign was widely disliked as just skirmishes, also
>RTS
>Singleplayer
LMAO

>remove some of the best aspects like persistent base building since we're trying to be new, but lets keep those missions that take place right after each other where you have to defend your base
False

>lets rebalance the game by nerfing everyone else except the SoB
False

>(because like I said we made them shit)
False

You clearly know absolutely nothing about DoW, let me guess you got the entire series in a steam sale and played it like once?

or have you just never played the game at all?
>>
File: 1443230755089.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1443230755089.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>377570819
>Yes, notice how the game sold for shit?

Mate, are you talking about the video game or the TT game?

If this is bait, it's a godamn 10/10 you fucking got me
>>
>>377561874
Because it's shit
>>
>>377563375
The soundtrack is worse than the previous games though. They don't even have any fucking MP multiplayer music. The Eldar theme is the most lazy jingle bell bullshit. The composer is trash desu
>>
>>377570819
>>377570557
>>377570340
>>377570060

How autistic can one samefag be? You really fucking can't find someone to argue with?
>>
>>377571048
I like how all you can say is "False" like just saying "no" does anything.

Bonus for
>only make the SoB viable but still shit
>Contradictory and false
And yet a few sentences later you would have read
>lets rebalance the game by nerfing everyone else except the SoB (because like I said we made them shit)

Try reading and putting merit to your arguments instead of just putting your hands over your eyes and going LALALALALA because you're a part of the minority that thinks Waifustorm was the best
>>
>>377562360
They need to fucking up their game. Copy Total War's strategic map and add in faction management for fuck sake. No one is playing DoW games for the multiplayer. It's a very small segment of the rts community just like the small amount of rts players in Total War.

It's mostly a singleplayer series and they keep trying to shove that's fucking shit down our throats. not every rts needs to be some hyper competitive multiplayer dotalite.

RTS games are not dying. People are dying for a good rts game, but they are being made a lot less well.

Fuck take CoH1's cover sytem with the CoH 2 improvements and add in vehicle facing for all sides. Add in the epic scale of DoW1 and the over the top acting of older school rts games.

Make conquering the map the focus.

Add in multiplayer as a tertiary supplementary thing.

How fucking retarded to RTS devs have to be today. If there are any rts developer anons seeing this for the love of god look at the Wargame series and Steel Division 44. Look at the Total War games on how to do good involving singleplayer.

I feel like I'm taking fucking crazy pills.

The alternative rout is to go one single campaign that is linear, but have a lot of good cheesy acting. Command and Conquer and DoW1 were both loved for the grim dark setting with humor. Like holy shit does every rts game HAVE to be serious MC Serious face.

Throw out balance out the window for singleplayer. With singleplayer you can add in modifiers for faction on a strategic map level to help balance out how they play on the maps.

Add in sieges.

RTS game developers and publishers are some of the laziest and least innovate or boundary pushing genre in eons.

Up your god damned game. The internet and publishers memed that no one bought single player rpg's before SKkyrim and even when it was a mega hit they said it was one off. Then Witcher 3 fucking drop kicked their throat out and now everyone wants to make one.

Gawd I feel like the only sane man.
>>
File: 1352028833705.jpg (44KB, 569x412px) Image search: [Google]
1352028833705.jpg
44KB, 569x412px
>>377571509
>You really fucking can't find someone to argue with?

Of course I can you stupid cocksucker.
>>
File: 1329167856163.jpg (46KB, 418x604px) Image search: [Google]
1329167856163.jpg
46KB, 418x604px
>>377571061
If you are that lost, why are you even asking questions? You obviously can't read. Go play Halo or something your speed.

I'm done pointing out your stupidity.
>>
File: 1456324252775.webm (1MB, 480x298px) Image search: [Google]
1456324252775.webm
1MB, 480x298px
>>377571608
>No one is playing DoW games for the multiplayer

This. The fact that they did away with sync kills because it clashed with the "competitive" experience is unacceptable. They focused on appealing to a subset of a subset and now they're sitting around wondering why it didn't fucking sell.
>>
>>377562742
>feel like fucking 40k
So bright, over the top and turn based?
>>
>>377563456
There is a big section in the Codex Astartes that warns against the heretical use of somersaults.
>>
>>377571909
>7th editionfag detected
>>
>>377571628
You aren't getting shit from me.
>>
>>377571048
>DC campaign was widely disliked as just skirmishes
You have to be confusing DC and SS. SS copied DC's campaign style minus an actual story and made you start from scratch with every mission. Effectively turning the offensive and defensive missions to be one in the same. Not to mention the AI gets to start with multiple bases on your defense missions.
>>
>>377571715
Not him but Halo Wars > DoW III
>>
>>377572006
I really don't know why they made the move to turns rather than everything happening in real time in 7th edition. Bizarre choice.
>>
File: Tau5.jpg (40KB, 315x479px) Image search: [Google]
Tau5.jpg
40KB, 315x479px
>>377568040
>>Imperial Guard are sent in to reclaim a section of space that the Tau have colonized
>>Tau are getting their asses kicked

Thats a good joke, Gue'la.
>>
File: ultramarines full chapter 3rd ed.jpg (581KB, 1400x988px) Image search: [Google]
ultramarines full chapter 3rd ed.jpg
581KB, 1400x988px
>>377572006
The setting is grim-derp the armies are often quite vividly painted.
>>
>>377572075
I retract my statement and present a new one.

>fucking dense idiot detected
>>
>>377571608
>RTS game developers and publishers are some of the laziest and least innovate or boundary pushing genre in eons.

The thing you have to realize is it isn't lazyness per se but their obsession with trying to get the SC2 popularity. This is the equivalent of every mmo being wow or every ASSFAGGOT being the exact same, they just want to compete.

And to be honest what they really need to do is just attract more people to RTS games, the lack of interest is aparent every time a new rts is released.

Cossacks 3 got like, what, 2 threads top? and then noone mentioned it again, act of aggression, grey goo, deserts of kharak, list goes on.

Most of those rely a lot on nostalgia, of doing what the old c&c games did but modernized and that's a very retarded move because nostalgia fags will NOT give your game a chance if it isn't a sequel of their favorite ip. I don't have the numbers but i BET c&c4 sold more than any new rts released after it.
>>
>>377572171
I'm going to read your posts however I want and there's nothing you can do to stop me.
>>
>>377571586
Make it less obvious you have never played the game next time
>>
>>377572331
Coming from the anon who denies that there was a huge imbalancing with the introduction of aerial units as well as SoB, that the campaign for SS was a terrible DC ripoff, and that the desync issue wasn't in SS whatsoever, it should be you who should play the games.

And to counter your argument from earlier about how SS has more players. You forget that almost all of them are playing Ultimate Apocalypse mod because vanilla SS was downright terrible compared to SS and WA.
>>
>>377572082

Tau are weird - they fucking job whenever it seems like they should be wrecking dudes (Damocles Crusade) and come out on top when there's no reason they should win (Dovar System 200 years later).
>>
>>377571608

You're not the only sane one.

I've played RTS games since the original red alert and I say the same thing every fucking time a shitty "RTS" game comes out now, nobody knows how to make an RTS the right way.

Forged Alliance nearly perfect RTS, what, 10 years ago?

I feel like current RTS devs have never even played good RTS games before.

All they need to do is take good features from all the classic RTS games, figure out which ones work well in their game, and shove them all in.

It infuriates me that in 20 fucking 17 'projectiles' are still just sprites that represent a dice roll that determines if damage is done or not when a game 10 years ago had simulated projectiles that would actually hit their target and do damage if they were close enough.

Why do no rts games support dual monitors?

RTS gamers are the prime subset of PC gamers who have more than one monitor.

This is what happens when games are designed by committee. Board members who have never played a video game before decide that they want the game to be X to sell the most units with Y features to sell the most DLC, and that's what gets made. Not what's fun.
>>
>>377572269

Grey goo was utter ass though and deserts of kharak completely failed to capture what made homeworld good and was generally shallow/content poor.

DOK didn't even need to exist. All we wanted was another homeworld game in space.

Nobody talks about RTS games because there are no good RTS games. How much can you talk about forged alliance or sins of a solar empire before you get bored of knowing everything there is to know about it?
>>
File: 14188951265093.gif (3MB, 190x200px) Image search: [Google]
14188951265093.gif
3MB, 190x200px
>>377572591
>huge imbalancing with the introduction of aerial units as well as SoB
Every time, you literally have absolutley no clue at all
>>
>>377572594
The Tau did win by resisting the Damocles Crusade and were only stopped in Dovar by the Mechanicus pulling a doomsday weapon out of their annals.

Underestimated Orks and Deldar like the scrubs they are though. Classic.
>>
>>377572591
>almost all of them are playing Ultimate Apocalypse mod
SS player here, I can confirm this is false, you are literally just making shit up.
>>
>>377572750
>sins of a solar empire
this is the first time i see anyone in an RTS thread mention sins of a solar empire actually, and i agree i love soase, never could get too into forged alliance, too soulless for me.

Honestly, if you gonna call them shit at least elaborate on it, noone makes RTS games because noone buys them, simple as that, the only ones that dare just nostalgia bait and are done with it.
>>
>>377572896
There have been plenty of Sins threads in the past. I don;t know anyone that doesn't like the game.

Problem is that it's in that weird time gap. It's not really old enough to reminisce about but it's old enough that people are basically done talking about it.
>>
>>377572594
40k is getting weirder and weirder due to constant oneupsmanship.

Orks and tyranids get ground down in defeat, Necrons get perma zapped, Tau win in melee blitz, Space marines suffer massive casualties, Khorne lose a fight, Tzeentch gets outplayed, etc etc.

Even the Codex wanks of the faction are highlighted with unusual wins.
>>
>>377572896

Well that goes along with what I said too.

Board members dont want to make RTS games because they don't see an easy way to monetize so that they can sell mountain dew skins to all the teenagers to slap on their heroes to show off to their friends on twitch.

And if there were good RTS games, I'd buy them.

Hell, I bought DOK even though I knew it was mediocre before I bought it just because I was salivating for ANY RTS game at that point in time.

RTS is my favorite genre that I never play anymore.
>>
>>377572810
>The Tau did win by resisting the Damocles Crusade

It was the heart of Tau space and the only reason they "won"was because the Imperium withdrew to go kill Tyranids. Hardly a Tau victory.

>were only stopped in Dovar by the Mechanicus pulling a doomsday weapon out of their annals

We might be getting our campaigns mixed up - the Tau won the Prefectia campaign, despite the presence of two SM Chapters and a Knight house. Their biggest loss was the death of Aun'va at the hands of a Culexus assassin. I don't remember any Mechanicus doomsday weapon.
>>
>>377572896

Also I wasn't trying to imply FA and SOASE are shit. Both of those games are amazing.
>>
>>377573103
I like that the iron harvest devs did that survey a while back, it really shows they want to make the best RTS possible.

Honestly as someone who is planning on developing an RTS i think it's important to just analyze why something didn't work and why something did.
>>
>>377572769
>>377572861
Again, prove me wrong besides just going "no".
>>
>>377573238
Come play me in SS, ill use SoB and you use fliers, lets see how it works out for you.
>>
>>377572810

Oh wait nevermind, I'm an idiot. I just dug out my Mont'ka book and you're completely right about that Mechanicus superweapon.

Dunno why I didn't remember it.
>>
If the next expansion both tightens up the multiplayer and includes last stand mode at the same time then it will save this game. Gotta push out the multiplayer fixes while everyone has come back for last stand games
>>
File: 1479901689551.jpg (118KB, 600x523px) Image search: [Google]
1479901689551.jpg
118KB, 600x523px
>>377561874
Ultimately its because it has a pathetic amount of content compared to the vanilla versions of Dawn of War 1 and 2.
>>
>>377573391
Ok, and when you manage to run out of faith points because SS has bugs just like the other expansions, i'll finish you off with a fucking builder unit.
>>
>>377573238
>Say something utterly retarded and quite literally false that anyone who plays the game knows is utter bullshit
>Demand full written out replies to your moronic shitposting
no
>>
>>377563375
There's an unexpected beat in that music, making it sound more modern and less old-fashioned.

Not bad, though.
>>
>>377561874
I've never seen a post saying what's actually fun about this game.
>>
>>377573726
You have no idea what faith is/does do you?

Hosting game now
Name: HereticFinderGeneral
Password: Vidya
1v1
annihilate
>>
>>377573173
>Enemy launches massive invasion force to annihilate your species
>Fail to annihilate your species and loses all momentum
>Tau reclaim all lost territory in the next sphere expansion

How is that not a Tau victory? The fact that Imperial logistics and planning sucks doesn't excuse the fact that they failed their war objectives
>>
File: 1476368714446.jpg (7KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
1476368714446.jpg
7KB, 267x200px
>>377561874

>hey it's time to make DoW 3
>will we model the SP campaign after the well received grand campaign map from DC/SS, or the one the fans really loved from DoW 2/Chaos Rising, which focused on high amounts of squad customization/gearing?
>neither, we'll just go with this story focused shit that is basically a glorified tutorial for the MP
>>
Let's say you can add up to three things to DoW3 to salvage it.

You cannot remove anything.

What do you add?
>>
>>377573726
>>377573935
Why aren't you joining?
Whats the matter, scared of SoB?
>>
>>377561874
Garbage campaign. I made it to mission 14 or 15 before I just stopped playing.
>>
The big thing that I hate about the multiplayer is that it's not clear what my resource collection rate is and also it's hard to tell how much the upkeep cost of your units hampers your income. Where in the game does it give me a proper overview of my economy?
>>
File: 1427220839289.gif (3MB, 684x340px) Image search: [Google]
1427220839289.gif
3MB, 684x340px
>>377573990
>How is that not a Tau victory?

I suppose it is, but in the same way that the Vietnam War ended in a Vietnamese victory. The Tau didn't survive because of the strength of their military or the prowess of their leadership - their enemy just stopped giving a fuck.

That's what I mean when I say Tau are in a weird place. For example, they get fucking wrecked by xeno enemies ALL THE TIME. Necrons, Orks and Dark Eldar (and sometimes Tyranids) fucking shit all over them. But when the time comes to face the might of the Imperium of Man? The Tau are these unstoppable demigods of war.
>>
>>377573935
Faith points are essential to SoB to use faith powers which are the only saving grace of their faction. Clearly you have no idea about the bug that makes it to where you can no longer generate faith even at the base rate, to which the enemy can steamroll you with their weakest unit since the SoB are nothing without it.
>>
>>377573990
>Mike Tyson punches you in the face
>you immediately fall unconscious, grievously injured
>he chooses not to punch you a second time, which would surely kill you
>after months of hard work and rehabilitation you are able to walk again, but your motor skills will never be the same

Cool victory bro.
>>
>>377562297
I fucking loved me some DoW2 co-op campaign. So much more satisfying than base-building and unit spam.

But I generally find RTS games tedious, so that's probably why I loved DoW2... because it doesn't actually play like one.

I hoped DoW3 would be more of 2, but it sure as fuck isn't and that's disappointing for me.
>>
>>377574307
voice acting
Voice lines
Better, more grim fanatic line scripts
CoH1 cover system
Energy generated on base/buildable
Resource options
Tau
IG
Chaos
SoB
Necron
Better explosion visuals
4v4
>>
>>377574481
Literally thousands of games played as SoB, no such bug exists.

Still waiting for you to join
>>
>another one of these threads
I am sick of participating in these, so I'll just go with a lazy TL;DR style post

-DoW1 is overrated and pretty trash by design standards when it comes to RTS games
-DoW2 is better but also still overrated by some, though underrated by a lot
-DoW3 has the most potential by far to be a good VIDEO GAME not just a spectacle, but the 40k autists will bitch like they did for AoS while the rest of the RTS market is too dead to care atm

Then cue you guys saying 'b-but this is not true!' then getting BTFO as people who actually have played all three of these games list the ridiculous amount of flaws especially with DoW1.

Same old thread, same old posts. Same old fat ugly unsociable Warhammer nerds who bitch about change. Your overpriced hobby would probably be a lot cheaper if it wasn't associated with gross autistic fucks like you, thus selling more.
>>
File: for the SSfag.png (253KB, 1290x638px) Image search: [Google]
for the SSfag.png
253KB, 1290x638px
>>377574375
Probably because I don't have it installed since I stopped playing DoW1 and it's expansions a long time ago. Seeing you butthurt and denying reality on a laosian moving image forum over the objectively weakest expansion is reward enough. I even made this fun little picture for you.
>>
File: 140683632146.gif (992KB, 389x259px) Image search: [Google]
140683632146.gif
992KB, 389x259px
>>377574975
All that shitposting you did and you dont even have the game, what a surprise.

Classic

Like i said you know absolutely nothing about DoW
>>
>>377575247
>Haha-h-ha you won't play me so I win
Keep crying bitch nigga. It won't raise the metacritic score any higher nor will it stop the community from shitting on it.
>>
>>377561874
Other games are better and more fun to play.
>>
File: 1478978234174.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1478978234174.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>377575450
>Shitpostes
>Gets called out
>Turns out he doesn't even have the game
MY FUCKING SIDES!
>>
File: 1437825984822.png (332KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1437825984822.png
332KB, 500x375px
>tfw I legitimately had more fun playing Deathwing than I did Dawn of War 3
>>
File: 1470652645237.gif (537KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1470652645237.gif
537KB, 480x270px
>>377575659
>Soulstorm has the lowest metacritic scores of both criticis and users
>Soulstorm is rife with bugs because it was developed by a different studio while Relic worked on DoW2
>Soulstorm copied Dark Crusade's campaign and made it worse
>Soulstorm introduced 2 incredibly boring factions with unique gimmicks that ultimately did not make them fun enough to play to drop other factions
>everything that >>377569861 said
>Literally challenging anons to 1v1 you
>Y-You're just shitposting!
>>
>>377575946
>comparing an FPS to an RTS
I know fun is fun, but what can you really draw from that?
>>
File: 1465623597343.jpg (626KB, 1525x1946px) Image search: [Google]
1465623597343.jpg
626KB, 1525x1946px
>>377575983
My favorite part is when you tried to pretend you know how to play the game when it turns out you dont even have it
>>
File: fares-maese-tau5.jpg (207KB, 1299x549px) Image search: [Google]
fares-maese-tau5.jpg
207KB, 1299x549px
>>377572810
Didn't they actually try to befriend the tyranids? You can't make this shit up.
>>
>>377576143
They're both underwhelming games, but one is worse than the other apparently.
>>
File: nice mug.png (419KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
nice mug.png
419KB, 900x675px
>>377575983
>Outs himself as a shitposter who's never even played the game
>Continues to shitpost
>>
>>377573173
Everyone says hardly a Tau victory, but now they have a big ass star empire on the 8th edition map. No one in the IoM could even touch them in Damocles 2.0. The AdMech had to seal them into their space with a super weapon which created a huge warp storm.

When the IoM was pulling out before the super weapon got dropped they were getting fucking wrecked. If not for the AdMech they would have taken 9.99999999....% losses in ground and space battles.

A lot of people forgot that the Tau didn't let them just retreat this time. Then the IoM super weapon blew up 99.99999% of their forces anyways so they had very little to retreat with anyways.

Then the idiot Eldar resurrected Ynead the god of eldar dead and he created a huge warp rift splitting the galaxy in half. This put out the fires of the damocles gulf.

Instantly the Tau launched the 4th sphere of epxansion (crusade tier force) and it was lost to the warp. So they launched the 5th right after and kicked the shit out of the IoM and pretty much everyone around th em on the map since they are now a fairly huge Empire compared to what theyy sed to be. At least 10x larger in all directions.

Now the Tau border Necrons, Nids, Orks, a huge warp rift, and ultramar sector.

So far nothing has stopped their modern lore conquests. They had like one or two very minor setbacks but have been steam rolling the IoM and even killed the raven guard chapter master.

With the deployment of the Ta'unar titan they have basically crushed all resistance as of now. I suspect their rofl stomping is now going to go to other factions. I think the Necrons are going to get their shit stomped in the lore now.
>>
>>377576270
I remember an old Battle Report from when the Tau first came out where the Tau didn't know how to classify the Tyranids and didn't expect them to be hostile until a battlesuit took a spore mine to the face.
>>
File: 1493031366129.png (166KB, 890x661px) Image search: [Google]
1493031366129.png
166KB, 890x661px
>>377575946
>>377576356
I really never got the hate for Deathwing. It was advertised as Space Hulk: the FPS, and we got Space Hulk: the FPS with stellar environment design. What else did people expect from it? Did they never play the tabletop or any other Space Hulk games that have been available for decades now?
>>
>>377576376
>continues to give shitposter the attention he wants
You're both as autistic as each other.
>>
Wait did people actually like the second one?
>>
>>377576582
>What else did people expect from it?
Something that isn't a bug ridden mess with AI that needs constant babysitting. Every time they patch it they break something else.
>>
>>377576528
>
Oh official classification of Nids and Orks is now shoot on site in the fluff guys. God get up to date on the Tau Empire lore. The lore inaccuracies on the Tau are about 10 years of GW fluff out of date at this point.
>>
>>377576686
No, but DoW3 is so shitty people are pretending to just because of how bad the third game is.
>>
File: 1476207497803.jpg (365KB, 1342x1342px) Image search: [Google]
1476207497803.jpg
365KB, 1342x1342px
>>377564436

By that assumption we can also say that Skyrim is the best eldar scrolls games.

1 millions shit eating flies can't be wrong anon!
>>
>>377576719
>God get up to date on the Tau Empire lore.
>Was talking about an ancient article from their first release
Reading comprehension. If I said "the tau are so stupid they tried to hug a spore mine" and didn't quantify the statement with where it was from, sure, but I purposely pointed out how old it was.
>>
>>377576885
Ah okay missed that.

Now I'm left with that empty feeling we will never get a good 40k game again. It's too easy for people to cash in on the license these days.
>>
File: 1415406348608.jpg (49KB, 355x522px) Image search: [Google]
1415406348608.jpg
49KB, 355x522px
>>377576505
>I think the Necrons are going to get their shit stomped in the lore now

The Necrons might be due an ass kicking, but not by the blueberries. If the Tau are expanding then they're going to run into the Sautekh sooner or later.

Our boy Imotekh doesn't fuck around.
>>
>>377576686
The campaign of both DoW2 and Chaos Rising is good.
Retribution's was repetitive, but alright.

Hate the MP all you want, but DoW 2 is a good game.
>>
I don't think anyone realizes in this topic that the bugs that made Soulstorm get such a low rating were taken care of. Yes, the game was pretty awful at launch. But post-patches, it is easily the most balanced of all DoW1 iterations. I am also not sure how people can shit on the new factions in that game when Dark Eldar's ability to create the best fast paced vehicles like Reavers definitely made them worth playing over other factions while SOB had great matchups against factions that weren't SM/CSM/Tau/Necron (which were faction which they had to bring arty for.)

Also not really sure why people enjoyed DC's campaign more, as just like the base game, it's less balanced compared to SS while also not having the ridiculous feel of 40k. There's a reason DC had like no memes about it while SS has the most memes about it in terms of campaign.

Now to compare some of the utter bullshit the other games had:

>Vanilla's Chaos Defiler spam that stayed till 1.4 so around Winter Assault
>Winter Assault's Imperial Guardsmen lasguns being way too powerful throughout the expansion being able to even melee stronger things to death; also the damn Commissar spam rush thing in smaller size maps
>Dark Crusade giving its two new races especially Necrons too much of an advantage in practically every way possible (while Tau got nerfed, Necrons by the end of expansion patching were still too powerful with armor that's much higher than it needs to be and damage output far outdoing other factions)

Soulstorm started off buggy, but got patched to be far more fair than any of the sheer bullshit that ensued with each of those mentioned above.
>>
>>377577083
>implying they will no recognize their last living descendant and share their tech for the greater good
>>
>>377576505
>Then the idiot Eldar resurrected Ynead the god of eldar dead

Resurrecting/creating/summoning Ynnead is probably the first thing the Eldar have done right in a long godamn time.

Just ask Ahriman
>>
>>377577348
Not sure he liked it when Yvraine cured the Rubric on one marine then fucked off.
>>
File: 1476234883148.gif (410KB, 221x196px) Image search: [Google]
1476234883148.gif
410KB, 221x196px
>>377577261

>tau drones with tesla weaponry
>battlesuits with reanimation protocols
>necron warriors plugged into markerlight networks
>>
>>377577587
You know you want it.
>>
>>377577424
>cured the Rubric on one marine then fucked off.

Mate he cured ALL his buddies then fucking threw them into the godamn Warp.

Shit was fucked up.
>>
File: 1492677628070.jpg (12KB, 240x250px) Image search: [Google]
1492677628070.jpg
12KB, 240x250px
>>377574740
Not that anon but
>1v1 me nerd!
>>
File: 1355555497096.jpg (11KB, 245x251px) Image search: [Google]
1355555497096.jpg
11KB, 245x251px
>>377577762
>>
>>377577654
Yeah, my bad.

Point is, he's not a fan right now.
>>
File: 1460306092860.jpg (46KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
1460306092860.jpg
46KB, 500x383px
>>377577762
Not that anon but
>REEEEE 4chin is my safe space hugbox no one is allowed to call out my blatant shit posting its not fair!!!
>>
Will Tau get their shit stomped now that Chaos is everywhere?
>>
>>377578235
They sell far too much for that.
>>
>>377566578
In 8th they won't.
>>
>>377565937
B-but it is not 40k.. Seriously, the last good 40k rts games I plays is a men of war mod WHICH got cancelled by lawsuit. Still angry and waiting patiently for tww2 though.
>>
>>377563905
Why are SM killing SM?
>>
because it's a cartoonish f2p looking piece of shit with a 60$ pricetag
>>
>>377578662
Little Marine picked the wrong side to fight for during a civil war.
>>
>>377573173
>It was the heart of Tau space and the only reason they "won"was because the Imperium withdrew to go kill Tyranids. Hardly a Tau victory.

The Crusade were planning a withdrawal before news of Behomoth hit them. Chances of victory were very slim (source 3th ED and 4th ED Tau codexes).

The Tau were encircling the Crusade and the only thing that stopped the Tau forces was the Ethereals for diplomatic reasons.

The Tau won.

>I don't remember any Mechanicus doomsday weapon.

Dumbass. They used it to set the Gulf on fire. Read Mont'ka.
>>
>>377572107
This is big?
>>
>>377578819
>Dumbass. They used it to set the Gulf on fire. Read Mont'ka.

If you're going to be an hour late to the conversation, try to read the entire reply chain.
>>
>>377574478
>>377574530
Anyone who says the Crusade withdrew because of the Tyranids needs to be kicked in the balls.

See >>377578819
>>
>>377578839
For 40k tabletop back in 3rd edition? Yeah.
>>
File: 1475778722595.jpg (189KB, 800x566px) Image search: [Google]
1475778722595.jpg
189KB, 800x566px
>>377578819
>>377578896

The Imperium started kicking ass when they sent in their psykers.

The Tau fell for the Puretide neurochip meme.
>>
>>377578080
Yeah, but you can use your big boy words for that. You don't need to prove yourself to some random stranger on the internet.

Actually now that I think about it, I've seen this a lot in DoW threads. Usually when the SS shitposter turns up, so it might just be him.
>>
>>377578939
it's still big now. even now games are played at company level, not an entire chapter
>>
>>377578690
>implying 40k hasn't always been cartoonish as fuck
How's that 14 year old entering puberty edgelord phase going?
>>
>>377578662

The Badab War.

Space Marines are too proud to admit when they fucked up, so some Loyalist chapters ended up getting into a bit of a dust up.
>>
>>377578889
I did. Nobody bashed that cunt for being a total moron.

He comments about the assassination but misses the outro of the book? No, he is a lex reading moron and not a good one.
>>
>>377579084
show me one more wh40k game with this kind of art style
>>
>>377579176
>I did

No you didn't. You jumped the gun a bit, but it's not a big deal. Just let it go.
>>
>>377579041
>M-M-MUH HUGBOX M-M-MUH SAFE ZONE
>>
>>377579295
Get out normie.
>>
>>377579105
Mantis Warriors are my favourite chapter. They come from the coolest Legion and have just enough backstory and uniqueness to be interesting.

Also being them is suffering.
>>
>>377578998
The Tau won regardless. The Crusade was spent and was getting encircled. The lore says they had negligible chances of victory so that's why they began the withdrawal. The news of behemoth only broke the resolve of those who wanted to continue the fight.
>>
>>377572107
Are they still selling an entire chapter for a gorrillion bongs?
>>
>>377579295
What does that even mean in this context? I'm not sure if you're using that right.
>>
>>377577083
Neither does The Greater Good machine.
>>
>>377579232
Still not seeing it. You are defending a liar by being one. Stop it.
>>
>>377579461

>one of the greatest strategists in the galaxy (possibly THE greatest)
>vs a bunch of blueskinned faggots with neat guns

I wouldn't be worried.
>>
>>377579572
He loses all the time against Orks.

He can lose against those who learned from Puretide.
>>
>>377579572
He got defeated by that Black Templar guy and Logan Grimnir. Those guys are hardly good strategists.
>>
>>377579479

>trying to start an argument over a minor disagreement that happened over an hour ago

This is what we call shitposting. Feel free to stop.
>>
I wanted to like this game, but I just couldn't with how dumbed down everything is. Even when they add lots more in the way of content to it, the core mechanics are still going to be there. Even the campaign is boring as fuck, and I can generally enjoy grinding through those.
>>
>>377579640
>He loses all the time against Orks.

Actually, the first thing he did when he awoke from sleep was defeat an Ork Waaagh!. There is no mention of him losing to Orks, only that they are a major annoyance for him since they are not logical.
>>
>>377579640
>He loses all the time against Orks.

They outright don't mention his inability to deal with Orks in the newest Cron codex, which I think is a real shame. I hope it's still canon.
>>
>>377579659
It's not minor and the time is irrelevant. Calling out a moron is mandatory.
>>
>>377578939
>>377579067
no wonder SM chapters are always at risk of being eliminated

a major combat would finish off the whole chapter
>>
>>377579652
>He got defeated by that Black Templar guy

Yeah after he cut off that guys hand.

He did it to that Eldar farseer, too. The guy has a fucking fetish for cutting off hands.
>>
>>377579857
that's why they don't do engagements solo or attrition warfare.
>>
File: 1385169847229.jpg (22KB, 324x278px) Image search: [Google]
1385169847229.jpg
22KB, 324x278px
>>377579832

Sure thing, buddy. Time to settle down now.
>>
>>377579986
No.
>>
File: abf.jpg (180KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
abf.jpg
180KB, 960x960px
>>377579929
When you're good, people know.

>>377579742
>>377579741
Point still stands, he's going to get his ass kicked by superior blueberry strategy.
>>
>>377579206
Better, go read the 40k codices made over the years. 7th edition that's about to end soon has bright looking art like this. 1-4th editions were even more overthetop and cartoony. 5th edition is the only one that tried to go serious with grimdark and it was embarrassing.
>>
File: 1415326949436.jpg (30KB, 350x346px) Image search: [Google]
1415326949436.jpg
30KB, 350x346px
>>377580160
>1-4th editions were even more overthetop and cartoony

I dunno man, this is from the 3e Necron codex.
>>
>People who haven't played.
It's a MOBA!
>People who played the beta weekend.
It's a shitty MOBA.
>People who bought the game and played more than 15 minutes.
It's a mediocre RTS with heavy influences from MOBA games.
>>
>>377561874

they really did not try to hide any fact its moba
>>
>>377580309
That looks straight out of ABC Warriors or Dredd
>>
>>377563643
>>377563456

Also we are talking about lightly armored orks, not full on SM.
>>
>>377580309
How does that not scream overthetop compared to Newcrons? Like the armor literally is shaped for titties but they don't have any titties.
>>
>tfw no lore of Tau trying to go greater good on a daemonworld

I just want hilarity, bonus points if it was a Tzneech or Slaanesh leaning daemonworld.
>>
I don't really see the appeal of the Tau honestly.
>>
File: Tomb_Blades.jpg (84KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
Tomb_Blades.jpg
84KB, 873x627px
>>377580696
That's cyborg. It could have been a female for all you know.

Newcron models are silly and cartoony. A disgrace to warhammer minis and considering we have marines inside marines that's saying something.
>>
>>377580849
Not him, but I unironically like the Centurion models.
>>
File: robot tombking.jpg (52KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
robot tombking.jpg
52KB, 800x600px
>>377580849
>Newcron models are silly and cartoony
So were the old ones.
>>
File: 1459993876301.jpg (208KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1459993876301.jpg
208KB, 900x900px
>>377580817
>Not wanting to be a space communist weeaboo.
Although I mostly like them for their shootyness and aesthetic.
>>
>>377580971
As was everything else at that time.
>>
>>377562297
But it's too late for you to not suffer from autism you fucking piece of autistic shit
>>
File: 1480208058530.jpg (91KB, 736x669px) Image search: [Google]
1480208058530.jpg
91KB, 736x669px
>>377580696
>How does that not scream overthetop compared to Newcrons?

Are you serious?

Let's just compare these two pieces of official art, then.
>>
File: Overlord.png (2MB, 893x1177px) Image search: [Google]
Overlord.png
2MB, 893x1177px
>>377581105
>>377580696

Or how about this one.
>>
>>377580817
It's kind of cool to see your average sci-fi space federation in the grim derp 41st millennium. It's mainly their aesthetic though. Their shit just looks really cool.

I don't even really want to see them do well. Even seeing them get eradicated would be pretty cool.
>>
>>377576270

Tau tries to befriend everything they come across which is why they always get their asses kicked.

Even though the have Orks, Nids, Chaos, Dark Eldar and Necrons on their "shoot first, don't bother asking them questions" they still try to reason with them.
>>
>>377581020
As was the point being made.

>>377581105
Compared to your pic and what initial Newcrons comprised of, yeah it's got more of that "impractical 40k" feel to it. Though at this point current Newcrons are just as ridiculous, they just needed time to get past the "tomb king ripoff" thing being taken to the next level by making Necrons egyptians as well.
>>
>>377576505

Necrons are probably going to be the Forsaken of 40k.
>>
File: index.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>377561874

I saw the topic about the game's being almost dead and I fully agree with it (now this topic is deleted).

DoW 3 is less popular and played than CoH2, even considering the fact that DoW3 came out recently. The game lacks balance - most players play only Eldar 'cause they're op and too easy to play, those who play SM are just using Assault Space Marine squad, because that's the only effective unit of SM, tactical squad just useless, and also Zappnogin is overpowered as hell he oneshots most of the units.

Even with base construction, there are no defensive structures, Waaagh! towers are too weak.
Three available races are not enough for the game of $59.99 (1800 RUB) price. For example in the DoW1 we have 9 races after all add-ons, in the DoW2 we have 6 races from release without any add-ons. I’m pretty sure that new races will appear in the DLCs but I’m also sure that their price will be quite high.

As for content… in comparison with previous games there are no diversity in playing, 3 maps for each game mode isn’t serious, especially when you understand that there’s only one way to play. The variety of maps in DoW1 allowed to play differently each time, but here… we don’t have it.

The number of units is also quite low, and where’s the squad upgrades for most of the units as it was in DoW 1 and 2? Only tactical squad can choose between plasma and flamethrowers and that’s all.
And I almost forgot about bugs… Recent update fixed some of them but still the game sometimes works very bad, units get stuck when using the abilities (especially Scouts), some actions are delayed and so on.
P.S. Despite all of these complaints I still like the game, it’s enjoyable but for how long? The number of players now is much lower than in the first days and it will decrease if nothing will be changed.
P.P.S. Fix the party dismissal after each match
>>
File: Zarathustra.jpg (71KB, 346x954px) Image search: [Google]
Zarathustra.jpg
71KB, 346x954px
>>377581312
>Compared to your pic and what initial Newcrons comprised of, yeah it's got more of that "impractical 40k" feel to it

I honestly can't see where you're coming from with this point of view. Pariahs were specifically humans with Necron shit stapled onto them - that small bit of artwork showed exactly that, just a human/robot hybrid motherfucker. It might not look amazingly detailed but it's certainly not "over the top", comparatively speaking.

Compare it to Necron art in 5e and onwards, where the subjects have all kinds of shit sticking out, which works better with the royalty aesthetic they were going for.
>>
>>377581235
Young species, what you gonna do.
>>
>>377562297
>hating on DoW2
what a simpleton
>>
>>377581358
I liked how they did a beta and didn't fix shit :D
>>
>>377581675
The Paraiah looks like some 80s Robocop/Judge Dredd looking guy meanwhile Newcrons were in 5th made to be more serious attempt at grim Tomb Kings ripoffs. Increasingly goofier models for Newcrons plus goofier fluff came after 5th.
>>
>>377581763
>Hey greenskinned hooligans, join our space socialism!
>Hey clearly hostile monster swarm, join our space socialism!
>Hey clearly evil bdsm pointy ears, join our space socialism!
>Hey glowing green robots of doom,join our space socialism!

I wish their peg knock down a bit.
>>
>>377581924
Didn't a culexus kill their leader recently? I'm sure some kind anon can produce the pic.
>>
>>377581923
>The Paraiah looks like some 80s Robocop/Judge Dredd looking guy

Yeah, I can see the Robocop comparison (I've never read Judge Dredd though, feel free to post an example).

>meanwhile Newcrons were in 5th made to be more serious attempt at grim Tomb Kings ripoffs

I would definitely argue that a lot of the pieces in the 5e codex would not be out of place in their 3e book - but I also think the reverse holds true as well.
>>
File: 1455518031880.gif (378KB, 550x600px) Image search: [Google]
1455518031880.gif
378KB, 550x600px
>>377581924
>Hey glowing green robots of doom,join our space socialism
>They say yes
>>
>>377569736
I kek'd
>>
>>377561874
I'm a massive scrub who never plays MP and I have enjoyed both previous DoW games, because they had amazing SP campaigns. You know why I didn't buy this game? Because everyone says the campaign is shit.

Basically, Relic lost the casual scrub audience. Enjoy your e-sports, LMAO.
>>
File: culexus vs spacepope.png (3MB, 1756x810px) Image search: [Google]
culexus vs spacepope.png
3MB, 1756x810px
>>377582148
This one?
>>
>>377582476
>I'm a massive scrub who never plays MP

You're 90% of the people who buy and play RTS games.
>>
File: 1421086848750.jpg (22KB, 318x336px) Image search: [Google]
1421086848750.jpg
22KB, 318x336px
>>377582547

>As an experiment, we made the Culexus headgear so large he'll have trouble fitting into small spaces
>Lets see if he notices
>>
>>377582615
Most people buy RTS games for player vs player
>>
>>377582547
How can a Culexus damage the Tau if they don't or barely register in the Warp?

Wouldn't they be kinda immune to his pressence?
>>
>>377582684
They're kind of invisible so they can pretty much just walk through the front door.
>>
>>377582547
Awww, he looks so happy.
>>
>>377563456
Don't talk to Space Marine fangays, they have the forces of autism and fascism working together to create a level of obsession and fanaticism beyond reckoning.
Short answer is: Orks are fun and allow creative license, space marines have 18,000 pages worth of fluff explaining how much of an overpowered Mary Sue each one is and if you contradict any of it at all it's unforgivable.
>>
Space Marine was the only good Warhammer game
>>
File: 1450279334221.jpg (219KB, 627x1735px) Image search: [Google]
1450279334221.jpg
219KB, 627x1735px
>>377583147

Being an Imperial Assassin is probably one of the better jobs in the 40k universe.

That dude knows he lucked out.
>>
>>377583238
Dark Omen proves you wrong.
>>
>>377582547
What is that thing and why is he smiling while every Tau is screaming?
>>
>>377583265
>Being an Imperial Assassin is probably one of the better jobs in the 40k universe.
>A Culexus

The Pariah Gene sounds like a really really bad thing to everything and everyone including you.
>>
>>377583265
A culexus might enjoy a better life as an assassin than as a civilian, since he's a blank.

But being an eversor is not lucking out.
>>
File: Judge.jpg (66KB, 336x357px) Image search: [Google]
Judge.jpg
66KB, 336x357px
>>377583265
>one of the better jobs in the 40k universe.
Being kept in stasis until your next mission, or locked in a cell in the ass end of the galaxy because damn near everything wants you dead other than your own temple.
I'd rather be a Judge Dredd clone.
>>
File: 1443314272282.jpg (536KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1443314272282.jpg
536KB, 1920x1200px
>>377583402
>The Pariah Gene sounds like a really really bad thing to everything and everyone including you

Yeah, but not having the Pariah Gene isn't exactly a guarantee of a great life.

>be a normal guy
>get press ganged into working as a menial on some fuckhuge Navy ship
>have to shovel radioactive shit into a furnace for 18 hours every day
>get 8 kinds of cancer and die
>>
File: 1450281580890.jpg (502KB, 1000x1508px) Image search: [Google]
1450281580890.jpg
502KB, 1000x1508px
>>377583514
>But being an eversor is not lucking out.

An Eversor is literally incapable of not enjoying his job, whether he likes it or not.

And if you're still not feeling it, then check this guy out - being one of the greatest marksmen in the galaxy is definitely a top tier profession.
>>
>>377583606
Or you can live on an Agriworld and enjoy a boring life.

As far as jobs in 40k goes, Rogue Traders have it best.
>>
File: 1462955761963.png (4MB, 1208x1667px) Image search: [Google]
1462955761963.png
4MB, 1208x1667px
>>377583756
>Or you can live on an Agriworld and enjoy a boring life

That's a nice looking planet you have there.

Shame if anything happened to it.
>>
File: 1420437124228.jpg (74KB, 495x778px) Image search: [Google]
1420437124228.jpg
74KB, 495x778px
>>377583756
>As far as jobs in 40k goes, Rogue Traders have it best
>>
>>377583756
>Or you can live on an Agriworld and enjoy a boring life.
Or you can just become a Slaanesh cultist and party every day.
>>
File: 1385434493790.png (234KB, 874x894px) Image search: [Google]
1385434493790.png
234KB, 874x894px
>>377583924

>guy on the left is already sick of this bullshit
>>
>>377583708
True, the Eversor is not not enjoying himself. But generally speaking, you don't get to choose to become an Eversor. So I'd still say its not lucking out.

And indeed, in terms of being an assassin, a Vindicare has it best. Or perhaps a Vanus
>>377583860
That's not a job, its a calling.
>>377583807
The same can happen to a Hive world. And now there's a shitty place to live.
>>377583924
Khorne is better.
>>
File: 96253741152.gif (930KB, 811x541px) Image search: [Google]
96253741152.gif
930KB, 811x541px
>>377583924
This guy knows what's good.
>>
>>377583924
Partying every day for 80 or so years really isn't worth the eternal aftermath that comes with it.
>>
>>377584035
You mean the painter? On the contrary, he looks comfy as fuck just painting shit and not giving a fuck about muh Emprah.
>>
>>377584035
He just wants to paint and be comfy.
>>
File: 1475233985315.jpg (329KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1475233985315.jpg
329KB, 1500x1000px
>>377584036
>That's not a job, its a calling.

I refuse to believe there isn't at least one Inquisitor who does it just to get money and bitches.
>>
>>377583708
>And if you're still not feeling it, then check this guy out - being one of the greatest marksmen in the galaxy is definitely a top tier profession.
Sitting in one place for possibly months at a time for the purposes of advanced infiltration and getting the perfect shot only to possibly get completely murdered afterwards is not a fucking enjoyable profession.

This is not considering what an Assassin has to do to get to that point. You're trained from birth. You start bootcamp the moment you learn to walk. Like Space Marines they probably get ten minutes of scheduled leisure a day, MAYBE.

Being an Officio Assassinorum fucking sucks. They are tools, like servitors.

Regular run of the mill assassin, okay, that could be fine. But an official Imperial Assassin, fuck no.
>>
>>377584214
So, a calling in life.
>>
>>377561874
The gamemode. If only they had included a simple skirmish/point control mode it would have been fine. But no here have your "not moba" bullshit.
>>
File: 1407891917747.jpg (55KB, 600x715px) Image search: [Google]
1407891917747.jpg
55KB, 600x715px
>>377584216

Not being ready to fight does not protect you from those who are. Orks and Tyranids don't have a word for civilians.

In 40k, it's better to be a killer than not. The ability to protect yourself is worth the hardship it entails.

>Regular run of the mill assassin, okay, that could be fine

You mean like a death cult assassin? Or maybe one that works for the local nobility?

That's probably even shittier - you're just as expendable, without the benefits of the intense training, excellent gear and top tier implants. You'd end up getting fucking wrecked by your targets vat grown abhuman bodyguard.
>>
>>377581312
>As was the point being made.

You have no point. Newcrons silliness does not fit current 40K, you moron.
>>
Every thread it's some DC fag talking shit but then a soulstorm fag challenges him to a 1v1 to prove he did anything more than compstomp and the DC fag always has some reason why he can't
>>
>>377581923
>Increasingly goofier models for Newcrons plus goofier fluff came after 5th.

You mean during 5h ED. The Newcron 5th ED was a cheesy wackjob
>>
File: 1411691249846.jpg (27KB, 526x578px) Image search: [Google]
1411691249846.jpg
27KB, 526x578px
>Fanart makes every single race in the game look attractive

>tfw every single being in the 40k canon universe is fucking ugly
>>
>>377584521
You don't seem to understand. A plain assassin gets some degree of freedom. Officio Assassinorum get no freedom to do anything. They sit in some hole, train, and are sent out and sometimes come back; that is their entire life.

Mercenary regular assassins can choose who they work for, they can choose when to wake up, live life to some degree. I'm not talking about Death Cult, they're no better.

Sure, Officio Assassinorum don't know their life sucks. But that's not the point, their life is nothing but hardship whether they know it or not.
>>
File: 1494687985923m.jpg (113KB, 1024x556px) Image search: [Google]
1494687985923m.jpg
113KB, 1024x556px
>>
I hope most people are just waiting for a balance patch. ASM being the only viable T1 option for SM with their stupid true damage is boring as fuck.

Also true damage in T1 needs to go.
>>
>>377584692
See, this is why you don't post in these threads.
>>
File: 1454588964431.jpg (108KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1454588964431.jpg
108KB, 512x512px
>there will never be a 40k action MMO where you get to run around being dead killy

why was i even born
>>
I like how this has just turned into a 40k general thread because DoW 3 has nothong to talk about. That's just sad Relic.
>>
>>377584983
To watch your dream being advertised to you and then turned to shit in the form of Dark Crusade.
>>
File: 1395773268672.jpg (462KB, 1643x984px) Image search: [Google]
1395773268672.jpg
462KB, 1643x984px
>>377584747
>Officio Assassinorum get no freedom to do anything

Yeah, but that's a pretty good trade off. In return for being made into a tricked out killer, you have to do the Emperor's work. Quid pro quo.

>A plain assassin gets some degree of freedom

You know who else is free? Some downhive mutant that has to scrape fungus off the walls whenever he wants to eat. He doesn't have a job, or a boss, or any duties or responsibilities. He doesn't even have to bother worshipping the Emperor, because he'll just be shot on sight if he sets foot near an Imperial shrine. But he shouldn't worry; if the local genestealer cult doesn't tear him to shreds, he'll just get his head blown off whenever the Arbiters do their annual purge.

Freedom sure sounds great.
>>
>>377582547
Wow, that Ethereal gives no fucks. Large testicles.

Also how did the culexus fucking get in there in the first place.
>>
>>377585780
His suit phases him partially out of reality.
>>
>>377585908
Surely something would have picked him up by the time he got in there though.
>>
>>377585908
So he can noclip?
>>
>>377586030
Their AI and sensors went bonkers apparently.
>>
>>377582982
Depends on the blank. Most blanks are uncomfortable to be around. SOme others will give you a very bad headache and make you sick, feeling nothing but revulsion for them. And then there are these ultra rare blanks which obliterate your soul just by being near to you.
>>
>>377562297
I agree with soulstorm but you are a fucking faggot if you didnt enjoy 2
>>
Because it's fucking Dawn of Eldar in the multiplayer all over again. Even people who like the game are actively dropping it until the patch (which was delayed yet again yesterday).
Also the marketing and basically everything surrounding the game is pure weaponised cancer.
I love the game and what it did with gameplay, I think it has potential, but Relic are trying their hardest to bury it.
>>
>>377587981
>Relic made game
>not expecting Dawn of Eldar again
>>
>>377587981
I agree with you but don't talk shit about that dope ass teaser trailer
>>
File: smug.png (357KB, 514x514px) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
357KB, 514x514px
Looks like as if we aren't the only one who don't like it.

https://community.dawnofwar.com/discussion/12598/let-us-have-a-moment-of-silence

https://community.dawnofwar.com/discussion/12946/fed-up

https://community.dawnofwar.com/discussion/12409/broken-game

https://community.dawnofwar.com/discussion/12669/the-rights-and-wrong-of-dawn-of-war-3

https://community.dawnofwar.com/discussion/12944/so-whats-going-on

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REMEMBER, kids! Hope is the first step...
>>
>>377588179
That reveal trailer was so good though...
>>
>>377588079
But it's so fucking retarded. Eldar have a squad called Striking Scorpions. Those guys are great against infantry, they are great against buildings due to true damage on their crit, they have stealth, they detect stealth, they can initiate or escape with their jump ability and their only weakness is the fact that they are not immortal. And they get them for free on minute 4. This allows Eldar to just get a few guardian squads, wait for scorpions and then go straight for mass falcons at around minute 10. Also if their opponent ever leaves his generator undefended scorpions will jump out of stealth and erase it in half a minute.
>>
File: 546.jpg (228KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
546.jpg
228KB, 600x800px
The Open Beta was their biggest mistake.

They should have gone the way of No Man's Sky/tied the Beta to preorders.

Time spent in the Beta should have prevented refunds.

Also they should have told us that the other races are coming soon/preodrer DLC and the first one is for free.
The game would have still been shit, but they would have earned more money.
>>
>>377588565
Dunno, I would have never bought the game if it wasn't for open beta. The layer of cancer surrounding the game made me believe in the MOBA meme and I only changed my mind once I played it.
>>
>>377568040

Ideally we need a Dark Crusade 2 - everyone is fighting everyone for various reasons.
>>
>people thought Blood Angels teaming up with Necrons was absurd
>nothing to say about Orks, Space Marines, and Eldar teaming up
>>
>>377588249
No it really wasn't
>>
>>377572615
>>377571608
>>377562360

You are all right. The SP is what made these games fun.
MP is just an APM round of rush tactics to me and often doesn't have enough S in the RTS. I'm not even bad at multiplayer, but it's not fun or relaxing if you really want to play for the win.

Single player is where the most fun is at in these games. Just build your sim city, create that custom army and waltz over the enemy in some grand tactic or 2 with possibly superior numbers.

supcom fa, Dawn of war: DA, BFME 1, red alert3:uprising, warcraft 3, Total war: warhammer all have absolutely stellar single player experiences precisely because of this.
>>
File: 1451072994209.jpg (371KB, 668x1212px) Image search: [Google]
1451072994209.jpg
371KB, 668x1212px
>people aruging if being an assassin would be a good life or not
>completely ignoring the best assassin of all during it
Shit, being a Callidus is ten kinds of kickass. Having the most bangin' body in the Imperium, long spans of living whatever life you want as you slowly move towards the perfect chance to make the kill - having sex with your husband/wife, feasting, partying, whatever the fuck your disguise would normally do at that time. The only downside would be the fear of getting caught - but since these girls are more suited up in bio-enhancements and psycho-indoctrination than even space marines, fear isn't even an emotion they could feel anymore.

And more relevant to topic, enjoyment probably isn't something they can feel either. None of the imperial assassins can. Eversors aren't "having the time of their lives;" they are so juiced up on adrenaline and fifty thousand other stimulants that they are basically instinct and reactions by that point. But at least Callidus assassins get to pretend they're happy.
>>
You are actually retarded and should seek welfare for your disability if you thought that wasn't going to be bad and die off quickly.
>>
>>377589720
It had a Deffdread on space marine sync-kill though. Something the game lacks.
>>
File: plato.jpg (6KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
plato.jpg
6KB, 183x275px
>>377589779
>MP is just an APM round of rush tactics to me and often doesn't have enough S in the RTS.
Shitter

>Single player is where the most fun is at in these games.

Double shitter

I recommend you this

http://store.steampowered.com/app/255710/Cities_Skylines/

Very good and exactly what you like
>>
>>377575659
> guy (with majority) doesn't like weakest entry in a series
> OMG YOU DONT HAVE THE GAME INSTALLED I WIN THE ARGUMENT

that's some grade A autismos you've got there timmy.
>>
>>377591324
Actually I could probably destroy you in any mp rts if it has viable rushing. As I would only play it like that. My problem is that it's not that strategic nor tactical.
>>
>>377590046
>at least Callidus assassins get to pretend they're happy.
anon...
>>
>>377561874
>we want the moba audience
>we want the rts audience

pick one, unfortunately they thought they could pick two.
>>
>>377591389
>My problem is that it's not that strategic nor tactical.
That sounds more like a bad design on part of the game

Speed is the soul of war, it has always been and it's a valid tactic. But if the game doesn't have punish counter tactics and tools to rushing then it's a bad game.

Then again, you sound like a little bitch talk. For real Cities Skylines is good, no rushing, relaxing, thoughtful and tactical. You can do houses and buses to expand the city around. It has a friendly userbase and lots of mods. Perfect for you.
>>
>>377591526
if cities had base building and destroying other cities it wouldbe the next supcom and it would indeed be a good game.
>>
>>377591585
It has everything you want my man

You asked for a city builder and this is the best on the market, and on discount too

If you want to fight things then they have to fight back. you might as well get AoE2 and enable the cheats so you feel superior to the enemy.
>>
File: maximum keks.jpg (95KB, 613x1000px) Image search: [Google]
maximum keks.jpg
95KB, 613x1000px
>>377591695
I'm sorry, it's true that most rts fans play it for the sp. the multi in DoW is just an apm spamfest with a set amount of rules. It's very limited if you want to play it right. I could go on to say that multiplayer deathmatch has more variety than playing rts on multi becuase of the rush factor almost every game has.

I had a pretty high rank on supcom 2 btw, don't mistake my legitimate crtiicism on rts multiplayer limitations with 'urr too hard for me'. It's just not rewarding to train for the multi component rts games for the limited amount of options you get.

You never get interesting, fuckhuge battles on multiplayer

>TFW you'd join a 20 minute no rush server and maxed out your economy to build the maximum amount of tier 1 bomber units to solorush the entire enemy teams.
>>
>>377591389
>if it has viable rushing.
for the last fucking time, it does. You can pretty much destroy the towers minutes into the game. Fucking Russians were able to do it why not /v/. Is this thread really full of shitters?
>>
>retards arguing about speed and sucking their own dicks

Just make the game fun to play.
>>
>>377592292
stop trying to shill your 'rts' to me anon, I downloaded the betga and got super fucking bored by how casual friendly it was.

Big tower so shitters like you get some reprieve, KYS

enjoy your DoW2 wank
>>
File: willem.jpg (70KB, 960x717px) Image search: [Google]
willem.jpg
70KB, 960x717px
>>377591902
>had a pretty high rank on supcom 2 btw, don't mistake my legitimate crtiicism on rts multiplayer limitations with 'urr too hard for me'.

That's poor credentials but aight

>It's just not rewarding to train for the multi component rts games for the limited amount of options you get.

What games?

Age of Empires II had so much rushes but they were validly countered, and risky too. Castle rush was annoying as fuck but there were ways to deal with it. If the enemy was expecting the rush and the other scouted and was smart he wouldn't attempt to blow his load on a castle and lose economy on the long run.

Same as the old Photon Cannon rush. It only works against newbies in this day and age. But in SC, everything is so fast that everything seems like a rush for the slow.

Then there's SupCom. I fucking love FA. The tiers and economy are a healthy balance to fuckhuge battles. You can in theory start pumping T1 and harass to boredom at the enemy, yet if he held that initial spam and wisened up with a good backdoor hit, a guerilla style of attacks and got back he could reach T2 first and then start pushing back. In SupCom if you do the rush and spam you get no infrastructure to fight on unless you really made that rush coun on the economy department, and in most maps there, you have still a tiny window to tier up after.

Speed is the soul of war. If you're fighting another guy, the one with most knowledge and speed wins. You have to take speed for granted as a requirement to any MP based game, like you need fingers and a KB/controller to play.

Knowledge and mindgames are the interesting part of them. DoW3 particularly, just doesn't have the mindgame part. But that doesn't mean RTS are braindead, you just haven't played a good match in a long time.
>>
>>377591526
>>377591695
You sound like quite the douche. DoW has never been a deep or taxing strategy game.
>>
>>377592428
can't comment on supcom 1 because I always got desynced for some weird reason.

I never said it was braindead, it's just that most rts games I've played has rushing, which is superhard to balance vs a longgame. and IF an rts has a viable rushing component, that really limits the tactical options both players hve. Unless you'd do some lame ass friendly with friends, you'd always need to rush, because not doing so would be a tactical disadvantage.

And rushing means there isn't a whole lot of variety, sadly.
>>
>>377582547
w40k sure have stupid things

But no, this fucking thing is just over the edge
>>
>>377592428
But I get a feeling you're being mad at me for pointing out what is glaringly obvious to all the players that prefer SP rts. Don't take my word for it, take the fact that the RTS genre is dead and DOW3 is dead BECAUSE IT HAD NO GOOD SP.

You might not like it, but facts are facts.
>>
File: absolutamente asqueroso.png (135KB, 288x415px) Image search: [Google]
absolutamente asqueroso.png
135KB, 288x415px
>>377591389
>As I would only play it like that.

That is so predictable then that after awhile you get floored and you learned nothing

I remember SC2 release back then and one of my friend's friend did Voidray Rush only. That's the only thing he did. He claimed to like RTS and the original Starcraft but when we got into it we noticed he only had memorized Photon Cannon rush and Voidray rush.

The photon cannons are stupid and easily countered. The voidrays were stupidly OP and annoying to fight. After two patches and the obvious balance to them, he did his voidray spam, lost them, and then bitched nonstop how Blizzard fucked the game.

That guy never learned what it takes to make a good rts. That guy never used the other units, or any other race. So he'd stick with the campaign.

That guy is you. You are that guy. And that guy was a faggot.
>>
dow3 is dead because the game isn't fun and they thought they could make MP more "fun" by restricting builds through insanely strong turrets, objectives, and build order restrictions in the form of the escalation phases. it's the same bullshit that sc2 pulled with the mothership core and 12 worker start, "people don't like getting rushed so let's make it fucking impossible, that'll make them feel better!!"
>>
>>377592643
>But I get a feeling you're being mad at me for pointing out what is glaringly obvious to all the players that prefer SP rts. Don't take my word for it, take the fact that the RTS genre is dead and DOW3 is dead BECAUSE IT HAD NO GOOD SP.
>You might not like it, but facts are facts.

Though talk but no charts or juicy sauces

Not because you're the loudest in the eco chamber it means RTS problems are the focus on multi player.
>>
>>377592693
it's ironic that crying bitches like you that got rushed by superior players like me where always referred to as 'sim city players' and you tried to bait me with recommending cities.

People like you are still buttmad because you can't play 'your game' when a more intelligent player consistently beats you with a superior tactic.

The fact that you are still mad about your friend and try to pretend rushing isn't what every RTS is about tells me this.

It's too bad I dont play supcom 2, or I could just rush your stupid ass for some epic anal devastation.
>>
>>377592564
Not the same guy but if by rushing you mean get to what it takes to win fast then even Chess has rushing

*mind explodes*

What you want? a timer on ceasefire?
>>
>>377592770
Oh I'm sorry, please point me to the crazy amount of traditional RTS we have received other than Starcraft (which faggots had to pay for thrice).

The only traditional rts that came out was indie shit and rightfully burried within weeks.
>>
>>377592834
Whoa hold the anger inside champ, i might be rushing on your feelings right now

Seems that I have the upper hand on the debate because I got faster than you to the point
>>
>>377592917
not that ANY of these are good but
grey goo
act of aggression
ashes of singularity
battlefleet gothica
8bit armies/hoard/invaders
>>
>>377592871
No, that timer is utterly useless on rtsgames anyway as I would just balance out my economy to mass produce more rush units, so that also doesn't work.

I mean that for MP purposes an rts which HAS rush tactics, automatically is almost impossible to balance for rush vs base building. You'd need pretty much equally skiled rush players to ever make it to the next tier of units and even that is debatable.

the availability and viability of rushing makes MP in rts a chore and limits tactical options.
>>
>>377592986
yup, I was too lazy to write them down. I think it has to do with the lack of fun or replayable campaigns.

btw battlefleet gothica is a a dissapointment? That's a shame.

>>377592965
Your point can be surmized as:
> People dont play rts games because its too hard for them, btw dont rush me that is for noobs WAAAAH
Yeah, you sure told me.
>>
>>377592986
BFGA is awesome. Not really an RTS though, more like RTT. Better than DoW3 ironically.

If any of those failed it's because the balance is ass and/or have technical problems. Grey Goo had a solid campaign though.

But figures, it bombed anyways.

Speaking of RTS campaigns, Deserts of Kharak did have everything SP people want and a decent MP and still bombed because the SP focus.

>DoK is a better game than anything Relic has shat on in years
>>
>>377593047
>You'd need pretty much equally skiled rush players to ever make it to the next tier of units and even that is debatable.

My point is that that's every fucking serious competition you silly minded guy

Everything in life boils down to that. You want a crutch. You're describing a dampener, a simulation of competitiveness, not a real competitive game.

As anon said above, you might as well play with cheats on or Starcraft in the lowest speed.
>>
>>377593145
>>377593159
i haven't played battlefleet.. it looked okay and it was thematically well executed, i was just including it in the list. i only really play traditional rts in the vein of broodwar, but i enjoy all rts
>>
>>377593047
>I mean that for MP purposes an rts which HAS rush tactics

There are no rush tactics mechanics, they are just rushes

If you play a fighting game and land the first hit as soon as the READY, GO! screen pops up you're guaranteed to land a second and maybe a third

So what, you pause the game and yell the other player THAT'S A RUSH TACTIC SO BORING I COULD RUSH TOO IF I WANTED TO

That's retarded.
>>
>>377593274
doesn't matter, there is no real strategy involved if you play tactical like rushing. Multiplayer is just a boring slog and super uninteresting because of this.

IT's like FPS games that never countered camping and I'd have to defend why nobody on earth plays rts games anymore whilst ignoring how mind numbingly boring perma camping is (t-t-they just suck!). RTS developers never caught on to what makes their genre boring, sad!
>>
Imagine living in 40K, having to control your thoughts all the time everywhere or risk of being inquisitioned or posessed by some nightmare. What a time to be alive.
>>
>>377593392
You forgot the part where I said I'm actually really good in rush tactics. I just said it's boring and a reason why I dont bother with rts mp.
>>
>>377592640
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Culexus_Temple
>>
what qualifies "being good at rushing?" you need to understand the game inside and out to understand how to rush or how to eco or whatever the fuck.. i don't understand the distinction between rushing and expanding skill wise??? if you rush you still need to know exactly where to hit, what to kill, how to optimize your build, how to follow it up if your rush fails, etc..

if you're defending the rush you need to make sure that your initial build accounts for the possibility of the rush (just like you also need to account for the possibility that they triple expanded before building a gateway..), so wtf is the difference?

it seems like a meaningless distinction, it's all part of the same game.. the time of the attack means nothing, people are just playing the game to its fullest.. if you're using an unsafe build then bitching then people take advantage of it then i don't really know what to say..
>>
>>377593406
>no real strategy involved if you play tactical like rushing
But there is. You counter his preemptiveness with smarts

>Multiplayer is just a boring slog and super uninteresting because of this.
You sound like a slow guy and a narrow viewing one

>IT's like FPS games that never countered camping
what

>and I'd have to defend why nobody on earth plays rts games anymore whilst ignoring how mind numbingly boring perma camping is (t-t-they just suck!)

what

just shoot the motherfucker down nigga

like run around nigga

like cap the objectives. Nobody camps on FPS for real. If there's a sniper in an advantage point and you keep dying to him then yes, you suck

If the rules of the game are to kill everyone and there's an sniper rifle and an advantage point then of fucking course somebody will use that strategy. IF IT WAS the only rule to win and magically there weren't any other tools around it then yes, it's a shit game and you should stop playing

But that's not the case with even the shittiest FPS games. And certainly not the case with RTS games with the plethora of tools.

Worst fucking analogy ever. You really want a crutch. You just certainly don't know what you know that you don't know cause you know nothing

Truly go play simcity. All of you.
>>
>>377593597
>not lexicanum
Not sayin this is heresy, but it is heresy.
>>
>>377593479
>I just said it's boring and a reason why I dont bother with rts mp.

But that's everything in life. You might as well not bother with anything.

Indulge me, what games are we talking about? what's your favorite rush and what rank/who gives you actual trouble?
>>
>>377593735
It's obvious I'm speaking to a very young person or speaking to someone that hasn't got a clue about how fps games progressed and why they are still being played, as rts games died down.

Enjoy your casualized dow3 'strategy' anon.
>>
>>377593758
Quit being a grognard and just absorb the fucking information.
>>
File: zzzzzzdreadnough.jpg (171KB, 1024x1000px) Image search: [Google]
zzzzzzdreadnough.jpg
171KB, 1024x1000px
>>377572082
>>
>>377592389
Wtf? I don't care about what you think of the game, the point is rushing is still viable in the game. It's just executed differently from other game. FFS I swear there are 10x more RTS shitters than there are fighting games on /v/.

>>377592765
The bullshit grinding for Elite is the only thing that restricts build. You can knock down the towers just fine with any build. I wouldn't call EP restricting build order(since there's very little in the game), more like it punishes you severely in early game for losing your squad and then turn into army men clutter fest right after.
>>
>>377593758
Lexicanum is shit these days. Compare the entries.
>>
>>377593816
what part of the ' I dont bother anymore' did you misread?

last game I played half serious was supcom 2, but that game at least had a couple of viable rush tactics per faction and I often switched things up to prevent getting more bored.
>>
>>377593725
If anyone bitches about "rushing" or says "it's boring because - " it's a dumb person and hasn't played a good game or not enough to git gud

>the time of the attack means nothing, people are just playing the game to its fullest.. if you're using an unsafe build then bitching then people take advantage of it then i don't really know what to say..

Exactly. If you only voidray/photon rush and works in 2017 you're playing only at bronze and silver. No rush works in plat and above. Commonly you see tier 2 stuff rolling around on those strats and fast hitting around

If the match has been nothing but hard and fast hitting through 8-10 mins in, are they still rushing?

Does Goku rushes when he fights or is there a metagame to his fight against Frieza? Deep shit.
>>
>>377593816
>but that's everything in life

Yes, tell me all about how rush tactics make for good agriculture and quality construction.
>>
>>377593957
>last game I played half serious was supcom 2

Stop thy jest, anon

what actual good rts games have you played for real
>>
>>377583238
That's not how you spell Final Liberation
>>
File: rts basics.jpg (35KB, 312x490px) Image search: [Google]
rts basics.jpg
35KB, 312x490px
>>377594039
>This actually talks about construction and agriculture too
>>
>>377593917
Must be good to be a dread and just sleep all day.
>>
>>377594039
Depends

Is this a quality construction and agriculture competition?

>mfw there are actual competitions to those
>Construction related competitions guarantee the big buck on contracts
>They too boil down to be the first and the best there ever was
>mfw rushing irl at the office
>>
>>377594021
Wow, you're pretty fucking stupid if you think that if someone finds something boring, it must automatically qualify them as bad.
>>
>>377594127
>>377594223
>/v/ proving it has the worst reading comprehension on the whole of 4chins once again
>>
>>377594021
>Does Goku rushes when he fights or is there a metagame to his fight against Frieza?
What the fuck are you even on? With only 50 episodes before Namek exploded of course Goku has to rush Frieza the fuck down.
>>
>>377594276
not him, but it's part of the game dude... you should know before you play that someone can proxy reaver you.... if you go into it and you still 3hatch before pool every fucking game, then yes you'll lose whenever someone randomly allins you... you need to either give up some eco to scout or account for it some other way... that's the "strategy" of rts, you need to fucking allocate your economy for contingencies.. this shit is why it drives me nuts when people say "hurr rts is just about builds and apm, there's no actual strategy" there's a lot of fucking strategy and nuance in every stage of an rts, at every skill level..
>>
File: bob dole.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bob dole.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>377594276
More like stupid

I find your logic and thoughts stupid

By no means i think you're bad at the "games" like SupCom 2, but you're not at the top of your game but that's fine because you don't want to.

But then you gave a very stupid opinion that doesn't hold. That's stupid, anon, you can't go around posting misinformed biased opinions in the internet, that's evil.

Somebody could read you and think "wow the rush thing is the really bad thing, the supcom2 guy said so" and never try RTS in their life.

Despicable anon.
>>
>>377594397
>With only 50 episodes before Namek exploded of course Goku has to rush Frieza the fuck down.

kek

Hey you have to admit that for anime time he did rushed the shit out of his game on Frieza
>>
>>377594472
>...
Kill yourself
>>
>>377594276
Don't hate the player hate the game

If you gave up on the game let others get the win

Bitches do the dishes
>>
File: 1492390734351.jpg (200KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
1492390734351.jpg
200KB, 717x880px
>>377594642
okay then??????????? what the fuck
>>
>>377594076
> sc2
> rts

pick one anon
>>
>>377571608
Well I can't really say anything to that other than that I agree, completely.
>>
>>377584787
didn't suspect but I should have
>>
>>377572024
>Effectively turning the offensive and defensive missions to be one in the same
this is why I played SS's campaign twice and never again
>>
File: 1494109242191.jpg (51KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
1494109242191.jpg
51KB, 600x350px
>>377562297
>3 years
>>
>>377597765
Don't forget the insanely long load times.
>>
>>377563456
You dumb fuck.
>>
>>377580348
>It's a mediocre RTS with heavy influences from MOBA games.

"Heavy influence" is a pretty tame way of describing mass TP scrolls, fortification for cores, and the equivalent of T4 towers protecting the core. The game is fucking drowning in cobbled together influences that leaves it as a doomed clusterfuck.

It's no CNC4, but it definitely is one of the bigger RTS blunders.
>>
>>377562297
Whoever made this is an actual cock craving homosexual.

DoW 2 is a great game. Different, but great.
>>
File: 1469546836625.jpg (233KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1469546836625.jpg
233KB, 560x560px
>get a Youtube notification from the DoW channel
>keep forgetting to unsubscribe
>it's a 'Did you know?' series
>the top comments are always stuff like 'Did you know I refunded this shit game?'
>mfw
>>
File: 1414913129651.gif (220KB, 280x199px) Image search: [Google]
1414913129651.gif
220KB, 280x199px
>>377599687
>'Did you know?' series
>first video is "Did you know the Bonesinger can teleport?"
I have no idea what the fuck is going through Relic's mind to support this shit.
>>
>people still unironically reply to the dawn of war.png autist every single time without fail even though he shows up in literally every DoW thread

https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/dawn%20of%20war.png/
>>
>>377599687
Link?
>>
>>377599967
He changes his filename every so often.
He's actually been doing it a lot longer
>>
>>377572269
Because actual rts gameplay gets boring quickly unless you are playing at a very high level, which most people dont wamt to put the time into. The secret to rts games being successful were always custom games and a good, long campaign.
>>
>DoW3 is down to $30 on GMG

usually I don't feel buyers remorse but considering I literally bought this game 3 weeks ago for almost twice that and I only got about 20 hours out of it I'm kinda disappointed
>>
>>377601659
Even if you simply had to get your hands on Relic's latest pile of dog shit, you should've at least gotten it from a grey market reseller
>>
Oh well, back to Steel Division for me then.
>>
>>377601963
>958 in-game right now
That's even more dead and disappointing.
>>
>>377602354

Off-peak hours for a Eugen game that isn't released yet? Nah, that's pretty standard. According to SteamSpy the maximum number of concurrent players Red Dragon ever had was less than 5,000
Thread posts: 411
Thread images: 89

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.