[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I want to play another SMT after I finish pic related, my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

So I want to play another SMT after I finish pic related, my only other exposure to the series having been Persona, but I'm not sure whether to start with Nocturne or IV or IVA.

I've wanted to play Apocalypse ever since it came out, but I feel rather compelled to play either Nocturne or the original. I'm usually not so selective, but I really just want to play IVA, and the other two options pale in my interest. Should I just jump into Apocalypse?
>>
>>377553887
Apocalypse is not a fucking re-release.
You must play 4 before Apocalypse because Apocalypse is literally a sequel.
>>
>>377553887
After playing DeSu you don't want to play DeSu 2?
Also SMT4A is a sequel to SMT4
>>
Fuck all of those, go play Strange Journey.
>>
>>377553887
Play literally whatever the fuck you want, the idea that playing one thing before the other somehow diminishes the experience of the latter is retarded
>>
Dont listen to these plebs, Digital Devil Saga is the way to go.
>>
I'd start with Nocturne after you finished DeSu and DeSu 2, Nocturne is a pretty hardcore game compared to the rest of the series is the best IMO. Apocalypse is basically IV 2, FYI. If I were you I'd play DeSu 2 and then play Nocturne and proceed to the godly rest of the SMT PS2 lineup and then play Strange Journey and 4.
>>
>>377553887
What do you expect to get from this thread? Without knowing what you liked about the games you've played so far, what other non-smt games you like, aspects of games in general that you are looking for, why you want to play Apocalypse, etc. how could anyone possibly give you a proper answer?
I could suggest playing devil survivor 2 if you liked the gameplay of devil survivor, but that's still quite vague.
>>
>>377554731
this desu
>>
>>377553887
Play Jack bros then DMC3 since it's a prequel to Nocturne
>>
>>377554731
This guy again. Also, absolutely do not start with SMT 1 or 2. They're sort of unfairly hard compared to the other games in an old school kind of way. The Persona 2 duology has a pretty good story, but it's best experienced after you've really gotten into the series IMO.
>>
>>377555429
The only thing "hard" about SMT1 and 2 is enduring the boredom. The gameplay itself is easy.
>>
DeSu 2, Nocturne, or 4.

Don't play Apocalypse until you've cleared 4's neutral route
>>
>>377553887

play a real shin megoomi tensay game like nocturne or strange journey
>>
>>377555537
>boredom
>implying
Also, there's literally nothing wrong with starting with 1 unless you're some kind of an ADD babyrage fag who can't deal with a little frustration when the game deals you an "unfair" asskicking
>>
>>377553887

I tried to get into Devil Survivor, but couldn't. I don't understand why it has to be an SRPG, when all the real strategy takes place during combat. It just makes everything slower. Even optional battles can take forever just because of the grid system.

Couldn't they just make a dungeon crawler or... I don't know... a deeper SRPG if that was what they were aiming for?
>>
File: zJcYpuE.png (3MB, 1600x4491px) Image search: [Google]
zJcYpuE.png
3MB, 1600x4491px
>>377554731
>>377555429

>Nocturne is a pretty hardcore game compared to the rest of the series

It really isn't. Both Devil Survivor and previously mentioned Strange Journey are a lot more unforgiving.

>Also, absolutely do not start with SMT 1 or 2.

This is true. Not particularly hard, but a fucking test of patience. If you manage to finish both games Metatron manifests in your room and gives you a blessing.

Anyway OP, see pic.
>>
>>377556459
Did the second improve upon anything?
>>
>>377556308
>little frustration when the game deals you an "unfair" asskicking
U
>use zio
>use status bullets
>win

Real hard game
>>
>>377557954
>hurrr
I never said it was hard and it's not for the most part, but there are definitely instances when you don't really even get a chance
If the enemy gets the drop on you and spams some party wide sleep or stun or some shit before you even get to go for example or your mazio misses literally one of them and they put only a few of your party out
It happens
More so before you figure out how to deal with the game, but even then every once in a while
>>
>>377557351
>If you manage to finish both games Metatron manifests in your room and gives you a blessing.
What if I have also finished Kyuuyaku?
>>
>>377554314
no you don't. fuck off.
>>
>>377559395
Yeah. And you don't have to play MGS1 before MGS2, or DDS1 before DDS2, but you do because it's a direct continuation.
>>
>>377558601
>If the enemy gets the drop on you and spams some party wide sleep or stun or some shit before you even get to go for example or your mazio misses literally one of them and they put only a few of your party out
That shit is artificial difficulty and not fair game design since it's absolutely out of the players control. SMT I/II are not hard because of status bullets. You wouldn't call IV hard because the same thing happens when a enemy goes first and hits a weakness since you have no way to prepare for it.
>>
>>377558679
YHVH himself.
>>
>>377559674
I said it wasn't hard, but that that shit still happens was my point
And my original point was that if you can't deal with it fucking you up or setting you back a little like that, then you might have a hard time with the game, as in you gotta persevere when the game deals you unfair shit
Like >>377557351
said it's a test of patience
>>
>>377553887

Apocalypse is a sequel but it recycles most of dungeon, town, demon from SMTIV.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.