[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You think you can't, but you can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: game-logo-wow-tw.png (237KB, 555x247px) Image search: [Google]
game-logo-wow-tw.png
237KB, 555x247px
>it's impossible to make Nostalrius an official server

Here's a bit of fun trivia: WowChina was originally a (high quality) private server that you had to pay for, that ran smoothly up until Wotlk. You didn't have to buy the game, you just needed to pay 30 yuan (about 3 dollars back then) for 4000 minutes of playtime.
After years of activity, Blizzard eventually caught wind of it, had a legal battle with them, and had them shut down.
About a year passed, and they announced the grand re-opening of the same old server, under Blizzard's direction.You got to keep your characters and account and they kept the exact same payment system as before (except it was on Battlenet instead of a random Chinese website).

In other words, a private pay-to-play server managed to be merged with Battlenet servers.

So, why does Blizzard claim that it's not possible to do the same with Nostalrius or other "legacy" servers?
>>
File: 1495163977217.jpg (51KB, 600x622px) Image search: [Google]
1495163977217.jpg
51KB, 600x622px
>>377552580
Because all you Americans are a bunch of fucking cucks who eat whatever you're forcefed and don't make a peep about it.
>>
>>377552580
do the other "legacy" server had a "pay to play" system like the chinese one?
if no then there you have your answer
>>
Remember Eslyum? Remeber how you fucks shilled your shitty Server that is infested with gold sellers? I do
>>
>>377552580
Because they make billions and it's their product, they can lie out their shithole without consequence
>>
>>377552580
Because Blizzard China isn't ran by the same people that run Blizzard NA or EU.
>>
>>377552580
Because they don't want to maintain legacy servers.
>>
File: facts.png (22KB, 207x239px) Image search: [Google]
facts.png
22KB, 207x239px
>>377552580
>>
>>377552580
it's their intelectual property, they can do whatever they want, they can lie, they can do a lot of PR bullshit reponses, their moderators are excellent at misdirection and giving bullshit responses.

The real answer is, they won't do something that won't give them money, or that will give them more problems than it's worth their time.

In this chase there was a monetary precedent, and they could asses a prediction on how much interest such a server generated, I mean it didn't even get their attention until they noticed how much money it was making.

All they did was to give them validity and lend them their platform to make the whole thing legal, they already have their moderator staff, servers, payment infraestructure etc.

I'm not sure of the kind of deal Nostalrius wanted to do with them, but afaik the biggest problem is that everything is emulated, not even Blizzard has a legit Vanilla version of the game anymore, and as I said before, they would need to provide a top notch experience to their players, this basically means providing a client that's 100% working, having a staff that's 100% up to the standards of blizzard, having a consistent playerbase that's going to fuel the game for a long time (you can see how this servers died within 2 months already), and also how their original playerbase could be affected by validating this server.

So honestly even if Nost had what, 10k players at it's best time? it's nothing compared to the numbers current wow has, they believe it's not worth investing any resources in that product, and if people wanted to play legit WoW they would just play legit WoW.

On top of that China is kind of a lawsuit paradise, I doubt they could do anything against them, so at least they got something out of it.
>>
>>377552580
Considering what happened with Nostalrious after they visited Blizzard HQ, I doubt Blizzard wants anything to do with the Nost team. They kind of burnt that bridge with their crusade to "deliver to WoW fans what Blizzard refuses to do" and ultimately cucked themselves with the Elysium people.

In-short, private server people are faggots.
>>
File: 1495138077189.jpg (448KB, 996x1337px) Image search: [Google]
1495138077189.jpg
448KB, 996x1337px
Where did they go wrong?
>>
>>377554879
Only a handful of dungeons and raids had complex designs.
>>
>>377554879
the average WoW player was not able to complete Blackrock depths, and had trouble orientating themselves in places like Wailing caverns.

With lich king they decided to go full mainstream, and cut anything that could seem like a challenge so everybody was able to plow through any non raid content easily, and instead add funny vehicles with 4 button mechanics instead of bothering people to learn what their 20 hotkeys do.

Don't blame blizzard, blame the players, the game being dumbed down was a player request, not a design choice.
>>
>>377555378
You have to accept that there cannot exist games with high complexity and depth because the average human cannot deal with it and companies have no power to simply say "no, we want to design a good game, not a popular one".

Wow, what a great argument.
Let me help shorten your point.

>they're greedy fucks
>>
File: 4Coqmne.jpg (262KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
4Coqmne.jpg
262KB, 1280x1024px
>>377555378
This.
>>
>>377554879
Links one of the worst expacs dungeons
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.