[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /hype/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

File: fridaythe13th.jpg (101KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
fridaythe13th.jpg
101KB, 460x215px
Who /hype/?
>>
Warily hype.
While I want it to be good, I don't think it'll be better than Dead by Daylight at present.
>>
Is this the game Two Best Friends played during Halloween?
>>
File: 1445722183259.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1445722183259.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>tfw no friends to play a team orientated game with
>>
>multiplayer focused

my heart bleeds. dead by daylight 2.0 incoming.
>>
Beta was an absolute shit show trying to get in a server and the black chick broke the game.
Also water Jason is literally unplayable
>>
>>377552438
Seems like Jason is broken as shit and you stand no chance of surviving if he focuses you
>>
>>377553394
So just like the movies?
>>
>>377553394
as it should be
It's not like it's simple to just kill everyone before one escapes anyway
>>
>>377552528
After playing the beta I can confirm it blows the fuck out of DBD. It doesn't have the variety in killers, but it's fundamentally a better game.
>>
>>377552438
It's going to be shit.

It's going to be youtuber bait for about 4 months, and then it will die.

There is nothing original in this premise. It's literally the old Slenderman game except "ZOMG YOU GET TO BE SLENDERMAN" mechanics involved.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>377554291
you are wrong. I do not need proof.
>>
who /chad/ here?
>>
>>377552438
Jim Sterling
>>
>>377554741
/Gothgirl/ is where its at
>>
i really hope they made Jason killable
>>
>>377554291
It's nothing at all like the Slenderman game.
>>
>>377552438

I was excited for this desu
>>
>>377555358
he apparently is. though I never saw anyone kill him.
>>
I mean, it's fun enough to watch for a while. Not to play though.
>>
>>377553191
Didn't they nerf her toward the end of the beta? And yeah, running is way too strong for both Jason and the counselors
>>
>>377554083

The two aren't even comparable.

DBD's chase and stealth game is pretty good while F13'ths chase and stealth are practically non-existent.

DBD's objectives are fucking garbage though as the only thing you do is hold m1 and occasionally press space bar on objects.

F13 does exactly the same thing, but there's a bit more variety than just finding object and holding m1 until it's done
>>
>>377555621
Yeah but It didn't really help that much. She could still out run Jason most of the time.
>>
>>377555621
>running is way too strong for both Jason and one counselor

Fixed that for you

If you were caught (as in Jason spams sense and then teleports to your exact location) out in the open between point a and b, you were pretty much fucked if you weren't the niggeress.
>>
>>377555621
They've changed the way speed works too.
>>
They should name it "not just another asymmetrical stream game"
>>
>>377552438
>another movie game
even if it's good, it will quickly become irrelevant
see: Mad Max
>>
File: IMG_0123.jpg (716KB, 1920x1088px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0123.jpg
716KB, 1920x1088px
What they SHOULD do is combine this and Dead by Daylight. The larger map, higher player count, and better objectives of this while taking the better survivor abilities and differing cast of monsters from DBD.
>>
>>377555687
What do you mean stealth isn't a thing in F13?
>>
Bad game for a bad franchise.
>>
>>377556168
apples and oranges, MM was single player focused
>>377556373
t. hasnt played it
>>
File: Jason Head to Wall.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Jason Head to Wall.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>Hiding from Jason behind a tree.
>He walks past, think I'm gonna get away.
>My character screams.

I really enjoyed the beta, but I'm afraid it won't retain a large playerbase and enough maps to keep things interesting.
>>
>>377552438
Not at all.

Why would they base it on a single franchise? You literally only have the option of playing as one killer, and maybe different "movie versions" of him.

In Dead by Daylight, they can add whatever killers they like, because it's tied to the horror genre in general. They even added Michael Myers from Halloween.
>>
>>377556964
Don't have to play it to know that it's shallow and boring.
>>
>>377555687
>DBD's chase and stealth game is pretty good while F13'ths chase and stealth are practically non-existent.
you can't say that at all when the devs said they turned on a bunch of features just for the sake of the beta.
>>
>>377557280
And there's no difference to those killers other than one special ability.
>>
>>377557110
The devs swear up and down that stealth will be fleshed out more than it was on beta, that a lot of things weren't tuned correctly, etc etc.

I don't know if I believe that though.
>>
File: FRIDAY NIGHT.jpg (681KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FRIDAY NIGHT.jpg
681KB, 1920x1080px
>>377556345

>Sense does a dice roll check
>If the roll beats the player's stealth stat, the player pops up with a red aura in Jason's view
>Fear mechanic makes hiding behind objects or in bushes pointless as your character will start screaming
>IS THAT A DEAD BODY?!
>>
>>377557826
They haven't been dishonest through what they talked about with the Kickstarter.
>>
>>377557698

You expect me to believe them? I will not be surprised if the changes are so small that it barely makes a difference.

Regardless, I'm still playing the game day one, but I don't expect that aspect of it to be superior to DBD.
>>
>>377558029
It's really quite baffling.
>Spawn in a lit cabin
>Fear slowly rises because you have no friends around cause everyone else in the Beta was a Nigress who sprinted around and never stopped
>Despite nothing bad happening
>Need gas can from out of barn
>Nigress corpse in center
>Slip in through a window
>Scream
>Jason on me within seconds
Hopefully release version is better.
>>
>>377552438
it's going to die in a month
>>
>>377552528
DBD is dogshit. The beta of Ft13th was already better.
>>
>>377558029
>>377558359
Sense supposedly got nerfed hard. Doesn't cover the full map at the start anymore.
>>
>>377558439

They only nerfed the range, it didn't nerf how it works.
>>
File: Last_Year_604x423[3].jpg (63KB, 604x423px) Image search: [Google]
Last_Year_604x423[3].jpg
63KB, 604x423px
Obligatory shilling for Last Year instead.
>>
>>377557280
So long as you pay $10 for each new killer like a good little goy.
>>
>>377558695
I hope that janitor killer design isn't final.
>>
>>377558758
I'd gladly pay $7 to play Michael Myers instead of an extra $25 for F13's fat licensing costs.
>>
>>377552675
When it comes out just play some public games and make friends.
>>
>>377558489
just pick someone with high composure if sense is killing you.
>>
Dead by daylight just pisses me off because I'm bad at it
Playing as the killer is decently fun but the whole bloodweb and perks and add on shit makes it confusing and I don't wanna pay fucking money for more monsters I already dropped like 30$ on your shitty game that took a year to patch the frame rate to go above 27fps on a high end rig.
>>
>>377552528
>Get DBD to try out with friends
>Apparently matchmaking shits itself with three, occasionally two, people and it takes ages to find a game
>After thirty minutes of waiting I look around for solutions
>It's an issue that's been around since the beta and just never got resolved
>Can't queue up with one person as a killer and two as survivors, it's either all are survivors or you do a private game with two survivors and one killer
>Finding killers is hard as fuck because they're trash and nobody likes getting fucked with by dickheads that abuse janky mechanics
>Devs desperate to turn the game into an e-sport
>DLC out the ass despite the fact that the game is in some ways less functional than it was before release
DBD is shit. It reeks of a game that the devs know is dying quickly, and it's clear they're trying to cash in on it as hard as possible before that happens. I don't know if F13 is going to last long-term, but as long as I can queue into a game with two friends and find a match in twenty minutes or less it's already better than DBD imo.
>>
>>377558029
then how does this game supposedly blow the fuck out of DBD?
you have
>variety of maps
>variety of killers
yeah they should add some other objectives and what-not, but if Jason is just some OP *teleports behind u* character then that's just fucking dumb.
>>
>>377559017
If you want to waste your money on early access games with dlc then go for it. And you know damn well DBD is early access(at least it should've been).
>>
>>377559293
Variety in maps? You mean going from one place filled with garbage and tall grass to another place filled with garbage and tall grass?
>>
>>377559645

Don't talk shit about Autohaven Wreckers
>>
>>377559293
Plot twist, the killer in a horror movie is normally "OP" compared to a bunch of hormone fueled teens. Also people complaing about telegrabbing are chimps to begin with
>>
>>377558764
I hope that the game actually comes out one day
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.