[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fire Emblem Echoes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 519
Thread images: 51

File: 1493773967464.gif (1MB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
1493773967464.gif
1MB, 600x336px
Why did reviewers give this game such a hard time? It's way more fun than Fates and Awakening
>>
because they are shitters that can't love a fire emblem game that dosen't have muh perfect avatar and being able to marry every waifu
>>
Alm is a qt
>>
>>377550375
Game reviewers are the worst at games obviously
>>
It's called the "Zedlda 2" of the Fire Emblem franchise for a reason.

Also, I think it reviewed decently well.

82 on Metacritic is pretty good for an NES game remade in 3D with Quality of Life changes.
>>
>>377550514
Shut up Faye
>>
>game gives you a Levin sword right at the start of the fucking game

I never thought a fe game could be so easy

Even fucking AWAKENING was harder
>>
>>377551838
That thing falls off hard after the next chapter. It has a fix attack stat that replaces the character that has it equipped, the only way to make it do more damage is to forge it but it's not worth it.
>>
>>377550375
I want Clair to sit on my face
>>
>>377550375
Probably because the actual game is below Conquest in quality and somehow easier than Awakening.
>>
Did anybody undub the DLC yet?
>>
>>377551838
Lightning sword becomes a lot less fun when it starts causing Alm to get doubled
>>
>>377551838
It's an early crutch. Come mid chapter 3 you shouldn't be using it anymore.
>>
>act 3
>backtrack to try and promote some guys
>paladins mercs and sorcerers spawning out the wazoo
shiet
>>
>>377551838
thracia gives you two magic swords , a brave axe and pugi in chapter 1 but it isn't easy
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
How do you kill him?
>>
>>377551838
Levin sword only does 15 damage, which is less useful as the game goes on.
It's essentially Jeigan but a weapon.
>>
>>377550375
No self insert marriage or waifus
>>
>>377550375
Because it's pretty Gaiden. It reviewed really well actually.
>>
>>377554054
yes it is
and don't forget the hero lance
>>
>overworld battles start with the enemy moving first
>shit spawns close enough that they'll pick off you healers and archers before you can reposition/move
Why
>>
>>377554076
Magic
>>
>>377550375
Haven't had this much fun with FE since the GBA games, I absolutely love it. Just nice, simple but compelling gameplay. No time-travelling baby warriors, no pair-ups. Just a handful of nice units fighting a war, creating fun supports that don't end in sex and timey-wimey baby warriors. Just started Act 3 but this is slowly becoming my fav FE after PoR.

Also those character designs are fucking amazing.
>>
You must not have made it far into the game if you think it is more fun than Fates. Awakening I can agree with, but this game suffers from a similar problem as Awakening. Boring map design and boring map objective every single time. The game feels so bare in battles and with unit progression. On Celica's side I have like 5 Dread Fighters that almost never have to fear dying. I thought I would be getting more of a challenge as the game went on, but even fights that look difficult are easy, such as the Conjurer than summons Witches.
>>
>>377550375
They considered it outdated, which is kind of the point.

This is what the real fans wanted.
>>
>>377554337
Healers deal damage and heal at the same time now.
Archers range from 1-5 now if you train 'em.
The fuck you talking about?

I love the Clerics getting Nosferatu in this game.
>>
>>377554337
don't leave one character somewhere they can be ambushed when controlling the other. If you can't move without that happening, then just take note of the positions and change the order so that the weakest units are at the back before going into the battle
>>
>>377554490
But this game was designed for the casualbabby fanbase that liked Awakening. Real old fans wanted good gamplay and complex map design back.
>>
sorry for asking this in this thread but
should I turn Gaius into an Assassin or a Myrmidon?
>>
File: IMAG0409.jpg (3MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0409.jpg
3MB, 1520x2688px
Invokers are useful! Useful!
>>
>>377554490
>This is what the real fans wanted.
Real fan here
FE2 is my least favourite pre-3ds FE game. I did not want this remake.
>>
>>377554617
1-5 range means dick when you are incapable of knowing positions of anything the first time you engage them(remember to save often people). No archer is going to survive being doubled by 3 cavs and 2 archers. Same with clerics.

>>377554746
Physically incapable of doing so. The closest I can do is engaging, see how shit plays out and reloading so I can change the order to minimize the number of archers that can reach my squishies before I can act.

i managed to survive anyways. In the future I'll probably just utilize the wait function or something and avoid this nonsense.
>>
>>377555085
reclassing is a thing, so why not try both and see which you like better?
>>
>>377555085
It literally does not matter because you can level and reclass infinitely
>>
File: Genny.jpg (541KB, 1646x969px) Image search: [Google]
Genny.jpg
541KB, 1646x969px
I think the game wants me to use her
>>
>Faye is an archer in FE Heroes
>You can't make her an archer in Echoes
>>
>>377555085
yes
>>
Just started.

Is it better to max level Villagers before I class change?
>>
>>377555162
Well waiting didn't get the fuck to move and it just spawned more enemies. Sweet.
>>
>>377555316
no

promote as soon as you can
>>
>>377555316
You should promote as soon as it's available in this game
>>
>>377555126
Only silque because she summons dreads
>>
So I haven't played any FE since the GBA advance and I want to try these new ones. By what I have read I'm trying to choose between Echoes and Conquest. Any opinion that can help me make my mind?
>>
>>377555381
>>377555397

Thanks.
>>
>>377555286
Archer is a male only class. Faye has a penis.
>>
>>377555316
No.
The game has low growths, so you don't get much out of levels.
The game also buffs your stats up to the base stats of the class you promote into, so a 4 def Saber will get +3 def on promotion since Mymidon has 7 base def.
>>
>>377555469
Echoes feels closer in tone to the GBA games, but Conquest has some of the best gameplay in the series (but a dumpster fire-tier story)

take your pick
>>
>>377555269
She's so cute omg
>>
>>377555469
Conquest will feel more familiar to you and has pretty good map design but its characters aren't great and its plot is pants on head retarded

Echoes has more interesting characters, plot, and setting, but it's a really weird game that will feel completely alien to the other FE games and its map design is very faithful to the Famicom original (garbage)

Pick your poison
>>
>>377555269
Too bad that Def is awful.
>>
Do Fernand/Berkut always attack Clive/Alm or is it just coincidence that it keeps happening
>>
>>377550375
>Faye
>Make her a cleric for heals
>She turns out to be my strongest damage dealer
>Keeps herself alive by killing my enemies
>Constantly talks about slaying my enemies for me
>End up never having her heal and instead letting her solo tank flanks

Fuck man. I didn't expect to find best girl so fast. Why are clerics such beasts in this game? They are magnets to everything yet utterly destroy everything. If I don't watch and hold my clerics back they end up hoarding all the EXP.
>>
>>377555847
I still have Silque as my only cleric and if I let anything so much as look at her she dies
>>
>>377555846
The AI is really fucking weird in this game. Sometimes they straight up always go for the lowest level even though their stats are probably way better than theirs, sometimes they'll swarm Alm if he is in range, and I like throwing Cleric Faye as bait sometimes because they'll rush to her while she's basically a wall with her DEF and Nosferatu
>>
What to spend first gold mark on?
What should I focus on upgrading?
>>
>>377555847
>give cleric Faye my new dracoshield
>23 defense as a level 2 cleric
>can solo maps on hard
>>
>>377552843
Yup. But shills will keep crying otherwise. The only thing this game really has going for it is the plot and it's decent at best.
>>
>>377555847
Most of the enemies are undead and they have angel
>>
>>377555929
Silque does work as well but not as much she just doesn't seem to kill as much. I don't think I've had a unit die yet so far. The closes was that Canter that really pushed in my Melee but I still won.
>>
Should I give permanent def/res stat boosting items to characters that have shit stats in these regards or rather buff the already tough guys?
>>
>>377554490
Gaiden is shit. Very few people wanted a remake of it. Especially when you handle it the way IS handled Echoes. Most old fags don't give a shit about Gaiden.
>>
>>377556194
give it to the guys with middling stats in those areas to bump them up to good
>>
>>377555846
Gaiden/Echoes just has weird and unpredictable AI.
I once had a Terror that would have killed Claire go for fucking Lukas.
>>
>>377554473
I love how no one has anything to say to the truth. Dread Fighters are laughably balanced and they even got buffed in Echoes.
>>
>>377556206
>>377555019
I'm an oldfag and sort of liked Gaiden. How did Echoes fuck it up?
>>
File: 1493175700268.jpg (181KB, 811x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1493175700268.jpg
181KB, 811x1200px
Reminder to double check entrances of villages and keeps and the like because sometimes there's conversations with your party members that don't show up when you've just entered.
>>
How does classing work in this game? Can I class as soon as it says I can? Or is it another level to level 20 before you class or the end game will push your shit in?
>>
>>377554473
>dread fighters.
Aren't those DLC classes? Are you playing on Hard mode?
>>
>>377556013
I've noticed, enemy archers like to pick fights with my archers instead of people that can't fight back a lot. Was wondering if Fernand's targeting was intentional given his hate boner for Clive and stuff
>>
>>377556293
By not changing it into a different game.
>>
>>377556403
So if I liked Gaiden, I'll probably enjoy this?
>>
>>377556390
Dread Fighter is the third tier promotion in the Mercenary line
>>
>>377556293
It didn't change anything from Gaiden to Echoes. That's the problem.
>>
>>377556293
no improvements to the goddamn maps

the presentation is nice and polished and the characters are nice but for some reason the maps had to stay 1:1

>>377556469
most definitely
>>
>>377556403
>I WANT MUH WAIFUS BACK AND SHIP EVERYONE BY MYSELF!!
>>
So is this game's story a good version of Fates? Because that's what it feels like so far
>>
>>377556293
If you liked Gaiden, you will adore Echoes.
If you didn't like Gaiden because of it's minimal story and characters, you might like Echoes.
If you think that Gaiden is an unholy abomination due to it's map design and don't care about story and characters, you will hate Echoes just as much.

Essentially, people don't like Echoes for being a remake. Although, IS would have been screwed either way, because if they DID change map design, people would complain about it being unfaithful to the original.
>>
>>377556293
>Echoes is piss easy
>Mila's Turnwheel is stupid
>Map design is still shit
>When you change the order of your team you have to memorize which order is which
>Hidden stats for supports instead of just putting them on the UI somewhere
>Dungeons are boring and monotonous
>Gameplay too reliant on terrain and RNG

I'll let someone do the rest because there's too much shit.
>>
>>377556390
Yes I am on Hard Mode. Dread Fighter is the 3rd tier for mercenaries.
>>
>>377556573
it's an expanded version of an NES game's story
>>
>>377556590
>>When you change the order of your team you have to memorize which order is which

When inside a dungeon I mean.
>>
What FE would you have all preferred a remake of?
>>
So when it's a good time to swap the gold dagger for something else, not sure whether to let saber keep it or change it to the blessed sword
>>
>>377556543
No, we want good gameplay.
>>
>>377556573
More like Fates tried to copy Gaiden's story and put its own spin on things, and those spins happened to be incredibly retarded.
>>
>>377556695
4 or 5
>>
Ok, what weapons are worth upgrading? What have you been using for each character?
>>
>>377556590
>Mila's Turnwheel is stupid
Fuck no that thing is the best thing they ever added to the series.
If you reset because somebody died, it's not like you won't do the same 10-20 turns the same exact way just so that you can fix the one mistake you made.
>>
>>377556695
Advanced Wars.
>>
>>377554076
>Have this faggot down to half health everyone else dead except Slayde on hard mode
>Accidently leave Silque out in the open
>Slayde attacks her
>She fucking kills him
>Fat fuck runs off
>Can't even wind back time because the chapter ends

I just gave it up
>>
>>377555553
>>377555594

Got it, so basically I will have to choose between a stupid plot or low tier maps.
>>
>>377556706
Max out the golden dagger whenever you can, it becomes the Zofia treasure sword or something like that, don't know the name in English, which is for Celica only.
>>
>>377556695
I'd rather of gotten a remake of 6/7 on 3ds.
A remake of 4 deserves more than the 3ds.
>>
>>377556397
I feel like they must have preferred targets based on story interactions. I'm my game Berkut dove into my army just to get 1 rounded by Alm.
>>
goddamn Boey is fucking terrible
>>
>>377556821
And yet if Mila's Turnwheel was in Fates you'd be bashing it left and right just like many people bashed the retardness of Phoenix mode. Mila's Turnwheel is just as bad as Phoenix mode.

>If you reset because somebody died

Not everybody resets like an autistic retard.
>>
>>377556821
Just play on casual then you fucking baby.
>>
>>377556706
Max it out, it's very cheap and you can turn it into Beloved Zofia as soon as you get a Gold Mark.
>>
where the fuck is the japanese dub
>>
>>377556875
Wait you mean you can actually kill him? Slayde banzaied me so hard I assumed him leaving was scripted. How do you even get past Slayde without killing him the second you are sort kinda close he rushes you.
>>
>>377557126
box slayde in with some tanky guys and kill desaix with the lightning sword and your magic users
>>
>>377554076
I played the game blind so I had no mages yet (except Silque) and just said fuck it and let him go, it seems super overpowered this early on anyway, I figure I'll be fine without it
>>
>>377556998
>>377557038
All the turnwheel does is offer a blanket where you don't get fucked over because you didn't notice one detail.
It isn't like Casual/Phoenix mode where it completely changes how you play, you still have to keep your units alive after the battle.
>>
Just got a guy named Atlas. Which class should he be?
>>
>>377557202
Ok how do you prevent him from dying. He will still attack you.
>>
>>377557431
Bench.
Mercenary
>>
File: 1490750062495.png (27KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
1490750062495.png
27KB, 240x160px
>>377556584
>if they DID change map design, people would complain about it being unfaithful to the original.
This and I don't think today's IS can even design good maps with only a basic set of mechanics anymore. Fates' maps could only be good with skills and dragon veins but that shit could make maps even more annoying than Gaiden's maps too.

That and if they did completely change all the maps, I know everybody would start to dread the kinds of shit they'd do with remakes of any other Fire Emblem. Especially 7 and 9. If it means being able to look forward to good faithful remakes of the other Fire Emblems, I don't mind Gaiden's being so faithful.
>>
>>377557427
>All the turnwheel does is offer a blanket where you don't get fucked over because you didn't notice one detail.

Older Fire Emblem games didn't have that so why should this one? A player should be punished for not paying proper attention. Or did you forget that fire Emblem is a strategy game? Or perhaps you just like IS holding your hand all the time?

>It isn't like Casual/Phoenix mode where it completely changes how you play, you still have to keep your units alive after the battle.

It's limited but it still allows you to play sloppily to a degree. It gives the player a huge amount of control with the only penalty being the amount of times you can use it in one battle. You can also cheese levels with it by trying to attack until an attack hits.
>>
>>377557534
holy hell. What classes are in this game?. the fact that I can't get any axe users really bothers me. Still love the game though
>>
>>377557076
Learn how to use a search bar.
>>
>>377557725
>Or did you forget that fire Emblem is a strategy game?

Kek
>>
>>377557725
If the game truly wanted to punish you, it should edit your savefile after every move so you can't SR and start the chapter again. But no Fire Emblem game does that.
>>
>>377557725
>Older Fire Emblem games didn't have that so why should this one?
Older Fire Emblems didn't have Supports, so why did FE6? It's just a crutch for people who need bonuses to kill bosses.
It was added as a quality of life feature, fuckface. It's to make the game more fun to play.

>A player should be punished for not paying proper attention.
Why doesn't the game delete your save file when your Lord dies? That'll sure punish the player.

>It's limited but it still allows you to play sloppily to a degree.
Yeah, it allows you to fix minor fuckups that you would have fixed in a reset anyways. It's not like you're going to play differently the next time, other than fixing that one thing you did wrong.

>You can also cheese levels with it by trying to attack until an attack hits.
That's why it has limited uses.
>>
>Tfw you can't even experience the death quotes because the game is too easy for anyone to really die
>>
File: 1490181743870.png (618KB, 633x471px) Image search: [Google]
1490181743870.png
618KB, 633x471px
>>377557672
ISIS still know how to make maps and Conquest proves this. Even if you took out all the dragons veins the maps are still good by themselves. All the previous FE games could use some overhaul on some of the maps
>>
That sluice level is so annoying, Delthea kept teleporting in and killing Herself. The rest of the map was easy though.
>>
>>377558412
>tfw only death quote i've seen so far is Silque, because I didn't know/still don't entirely know how doubling works in this game
>>
>>377558497
It wasn't that bad. You just run forward and make sure that she can only attack units that can't fight back.
>>
Who should carry Catria's angel ring?
>>
>>377558345
>Why doesn't the game delete your save file when your Lord dies? That'll sure punish the player.

Now you're just being retarded.

>>377558345
>It was added as a quality of life feature, fuckface. It's to make the game more fun to play.

Making an already easy as fuck game even more braindead isn't fun.

>>377558345
>Yeah, it allows you to fix minor fuckups that you would have fixed in a reset anyways.

A fuck up should be punished. That punishment is usually permanent death. But since you love Mila's Turnwheel so much am I to presume you have no issue with Phoenix mode since it also allows you to keep characters properly leveled without them falling behind due to dying?

>>377558538
You literally just have to have one more speed point than the enemy. Silque's Nosferatu slows her down because of the weight.
>>
>>377558783
>reddit spacing
>reddit quoting
>>
>>377558345
I bet you would you would shit on Fates and Awakening if had a Mila's turnwheel ability.
>>
>>377558665
Maybe I don't understand how her teleport works, but it felt like she could just drop down anywhere on the map and attack.
>>
File: 1470110937041.jpg (7KB, 185x273px) Image search: [Google]
1470110937041.jpg
7KB, 185x273px
>>377550375
>grandpapa
>>
>>377559038
I think that she prioritises attacking a vulnerable unit within her current range over teleporting somewhere else. I just rushed all my high resistance/archers towards the boss and let Delthea attack my other units while healing them and moving them all forwards every turn.
>>
Just started the game. Before I throw myself into battles, I have to ask: how do level ups work? Do they reset on class change like other games? Should I level up villagers to level 20?
>>
File: 1445915661767.gif (330KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1445915661767.gif
330KB, 256x256px
>>377558783
>A fuck up should be punished. That punishment is usually permanent death. But since you love Mila's Turnwheel so much am I to presume you have no issue with Phoenix mode since it also allows you to keep characters properly leveled without them falling behind due to dying?
Since you still don't understand what the fuck I mean, let me spell it out.
Let's say you are about 10 turns into a map, and accidentally leave a Armor Knight in range of a Hammer wielding Fighter.
When you reset the map, would you not do literally everything the exact same EXCEPT put the Armor Knight in range of that Hammer wielding Fighter? If so, what is the difference between that and Mila's Turnwheel? It just cuts out a bunch of boring time spent doing the same shit over again.

Phoenix/Casual Mode is different, because it encourages suicide tactics. You can send your units out into hordes of enemies and it's a win/win situation. If they die, it doesn't matter since they'll survive the battle. If they survive, that's cool.

Mila's Turnwheel just cuts out a lot of frustration while keeping the tactics the same.
>>
>mila's temple
Who thought this would be fun?
>>
>>377550375
>It's way more fun than Fates and Awakening
Fuck off you mobile heroes shitter.
>>
>>377559425
The levels reset on class change but the growth rates are shit in this game so you're better off promoting your units ASAP.
>>
>>377559425
Short answer: Promote ASAP

Long answer: Promotion resets level, but a combination of low stat growths + how promotional gains work means that you have little reason not to promote ASAP.
>>
>>377559646
But shitty growths mean I should level up as much as possible.
>>
Just started playing. Is there an optimal level I should wait until before I class up my villagers, or should I get them out of their crappy classes immediately?
>>
>>377559747
The latter.
>>
>>377550375
fates had barefoot waifus
>>
I'm thinking about buying this game, it seems a lot more enjoyable than Fates despite some oddities (1-item system, no weapon triangle, fatigue, etc.), but I'm not sure if I'll enjoy it.

>really enjoyed Awakening it's what got me in to the series
>could never get into Fates because of shit characters and story, feature bloat, and focus on waifus
>much prefer the art style and story telling of the GBA game's over awakening, but miss the fluidity awakening brought to the series

Is Echoes for me? I'm also pretty shitty at the games, but with the rewind feature in Echoes I think I'd enjoy it alot more.
Just don't wanna waste $40 like I did with Fates.
>>
>>377559448
>When you reset the map, would you not do literally everything the exact same EXCEPT put the Armor Knight in range of that Hammer wielding Fighter?

Except I don't reset. Hell, you're not even supposed to reset when you lose a unit. You're supposed to accept your loses like Kaga said. Also you losing a unit because you left them in range of a fighter with a hammer is entirely on you. You can view the stats and items of every unit currently on a map before battle. Fire Emblem gives you just about everything you need to know. It hides very little. When a unit dies it's usually because you weren't paying attention enough. And permanent death is a punishment for not paying attention.
>>
>>377559401
Ah, makes sense. I was hanging back a bit to kill the mages and she would teleport to my back lines to attack Python.
>>
>>377559448
if you set a Knight in a fighter's way with a hammer you should be punished for it. Mila turnwheel is crutch for bad players who don't pay attention. It's casualization and those who don't want it are stuck with it and makes the game too easy.
>>
>>377559720
Promotion brings all of a unit's stats up to the class's base stats, and it catches them up far more efficiently than their growth rates would.
>>
>>377559847
How did you feel about the maps in Awakening? Because that's the glaring weakness in Echoes. If you didn't mind the maps in Awakening you'll probably be fine.

As somebody who started with FE7, liked Awakening, but couldn't finish Fates (any of the paths), I'm enjoying Echoes a lot. Best 3DS FE, at least.
>>
>>377559892
Even if you're not supposed to reset, many people do. Redoing the same 5 starting turns whenver a unit dies doesn't make the game more difficult for these people, it just takes more time for them. IS just realise that some people will always reset on classic mode so they added Mila's Turnwheel to save time. Otherwise it's an entirely optional feature.
>>
>>377559847
The story is much better than Awakening/Fates. The only major downside is the map designs but if you enjoyed Awakening then you'll probably not find Gaiden fine too. It cuts out the waifu-pandering as well and has a support system more similar to the GBA games.
>>
I really hope Nintendo goes back to the Awakening/Fates formula instead of this trash. Awakening saved the series with waifus and now they're trying to kill it again.
>>
>>377559892
>Except I don't reset. Hell, you're not even supposed to reset when you lose a unit. You're supposed to accept your loses like Kaga said.
Okay but that's just how you play. Most Fire Emblem players reset when a unit dies.
Besides, just because the series creator said that the game should be played a certain way doesn't mean you have to. After all, Sakurai wants people to play Smash like a party game yet it has a huge competitive scene.

>Also you losing a unit because you left them in range of a fighter with a hammer is entirely on you.
I never said it wasn't the players fault. I just said that Mila's Turnwheel is a good mechanic since it allows the perfect amount of breathing room for fuckups.
Playing Conquest made me stressed as a motherfucker. Is it strategic? Yes. Is it fun? For the most part, no. I had to constantly check and recheck everything on the damn map just to make sure I was making the exact optimal play, and if I relaxed for even a second, something unexpected would have happened and caused a reset.

>>377560234
>Mila turnwheel is crutch for bad players who don't pay attention.
Name one difference between resetting and Mila's Turnwheel, other than time spent. If you can't, then you're also calling resetting a crutch.
>>
>>377558896
How fucking dare he format his response in a way that is present to read.
>>
>>377553880
You can still use it relatively effectively on enemies that have stupid huge defense but itty bitty RES, since you'll be doing more damage that way.

Of course, that means the character is basically going to be relatively useless for anything else that map.
>>
Are any of the sidequests missable?
>>
File: 1443840599452.jpg (51KB, 421x419px) Image search: [Google]
1443840599452.jpg
51KB, 421x419px
>try to take Atlas to the Dragon Shrine so I can promote his ass
>uhhhhhh this isn't the way to Grieth you dumb bitch I'm leaving
>>
>>377556695
I didn't want any until I saw how good this one was, now I want FE4 pretty damn hard.
>>
>>377561096
You don't need to link the same post multiple times and you don't need a space below the quote. It makes it more awkward to read.
>>
>>377560864
>>377560529
Yeah I started with Awakening, didn't have an issue with the maps of course since I didn't know better, so it shouldn't be a problem here either.

Thanks anons, hopefully I enjoy this as much as I did awakening.
>>
File: help.jpg (42KB, 469x355px) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
42KB, 469x355px
Can I get some advice for the temple of mila level? I'm not sure if I'm supposed to tackle the desert section first or something since this seems like a massive spike in difficulty. Furthermore it looks like I'm supposed to have a peg knight to open the door and stop the gargoyle reinforcements first but I don't have a single one. Once I get past the forested door I get to a no mans land of snipers and mages that make it impossible to safely bait them out. The best solution I could come up with is genny summoning shit to serve as decoys but that's fickle and the enemy randomly ignore them sometimes and just kill her. Even if they don't kill her they all die by the start of my next turn making it rather futile.
>>
>>377556695

An FE4 remake for the Switch or a remake of 6 (since we never got it and it can sell on Roy's name alone) for 3ds
>>
File: 1491093742578.jpg (80KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1491093742578.jpg
80KB, 512x512px
>>377561037
>Name one difference between resetting and Mila's Turnwheel, other than time spent
With Mila's turnwheel you can go back at any point in time with no cause for concern. With a reset, the player needs to make a choice. Reset to get that unit back or restart the whole map, which the second time could not be the same as the first time because of the RNG. It's a crutch because of Echoes overall lower difficulty. You can play as stupidly as you want and if somehow one of your units die just use Mila's wheel. You get 3 chances and the maps aren't that big or long at all. It's no different from a limited save state.
>>
>>377561559
>>uhhhhhh this isn't the way to Grieth you dumb bitch I'm leaving
Wait what, can party members just leave you now?
>>
>>377561757
Go through the desert first for the exp and three units.
>>
>>377561804
Atlas and the white wings want to go to Grieth's fort first to rescue their siblings. If you try to go to the temple without clearing the former they leave the group.
>>
>>377561868
I guess the door should've told me to chase the whitewings but the higher rating and plot screaming about the temple and shit tricked me. Alright I'll go do that. Thanks anon.
>>
>>377562037
Can you get them again or not?
>>
>>377561797
So time spent is the only thing that is different? You can play as stupidly as you want and if somehow one of your units die just reset the game.
>>
>>377562114
Yeah, they'll be right where you found them, just talk to them again. I pretty sure they won't leave a second time though
>>
File: 1474616739450~01~01.png (338KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1474616739450~01~01.png
338KB, 600x450px
>>377562173
What?
>>
>>377561797
>You get 3 chances

You get more the more you collect cogs. I've had like 9 of them.
>>
>>377562173
Well RNG is already seeded so with the turnwheel you can game it a bit more then a full reset would. But it has limited uses, unlike resetting you can do endlessly. Really its using them in conjunction that super scummy. If you just use the turnwheel and some how run out of uses and still screw up and stick with it, I would argue that's harsher then resetting always.
>>
>complaining about optional shit
Why?
>>
File: Cantor.png (263KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Cantor.png
263KB, 512x512px
Sup?
>>
>>377562173
But when you reset you reset all over. Mila's Turnwheel technically allows you to reset at a certain point of the battle.
>>
>>377561797
>Reset to get that unit back or restart the whole map
Once again, i'm only talking about people who ALWAYS reset when they lose a unit.

>which the second time could not be the same as the first time because of the RNG
RNG rarely results in a significantly different map. Outside of situations like "strong enemy gets killed by Mage crit", the same enemies should be dead on the same turn as last time, and most of your units shouldn't be far from where they were the last time, other than the one that died.

>It's a crutch because of Echoes overall lower difficulty.
I'm defending it from a design standpoint, not saying it's necessary in Echoes. So far in Echoes, i've used it a grand total of twice. Once because Silque got doubled because the game only shows weapon weight affecting your stats, and not magic weight, and the other time was due to the RNG fuckfest that is Valbar's chapter.

In design, it's done well. I can't tell you how many times it would have been useful in FE6, with shit like the reinforcements causing so many resets where I just did the same thing over again to get back to where I was.
>>
i did like the teaming up system in awakening though. not so much the couples therapy through war, but they could do a ton of stuff with the tag team system
>>
>>377562578
The RNG for hit and avoid can be tampered with. Level ups are not affected.
>>
File: sheep.png (94KB, 200x457px) Image search: [Google]
sheep.png
94KB, 200x457px
>>377562597
Don't mind me, just expelling your bullshit
>>
How do you get the draco shield?? Whats it do exactly what skills do you get?
>>
>>377562684
Fates did it both better and worse.
It was designed better, but it was also 100% necessary to incorporate it into your strategy, rather than the cool-but-not-necessary thing it was in Awakening.
>>
>you can no longer hold L to go through all the units quickly, instead you must press it each time
What purpose could this possibly serve? They'd have to take effort to change the coding for this, just to make it less convenient. What the hell?
>>
>>377562873
So you're saying they evolved the gameplay by including which stance to utilize as a part of your toolset. Why is that a bad thing?
>>
i don't care about giant face portraits
where's the bottom screen map?
>>
>>377561037
>caused a reset.

The only thing causing a reset is your own inability to accept your loses like you should be. No one is pointing a gun at your head and telling you to reset.

>Playing Conquest made me stressed as a motherfucker. Is it strategic? Yes. Is it fun? For the most part, no. I had to constantly check and recheck everything on the damn map just to make sure I was making the exact optimal play

Then you shouldn't be playing Lunatic or whatever difficulty mode you were playing. Play normal mode if the game is too hard for you. Or perhaps you're so bad you repeatedly get your ass kicked even in normal mode.

>I just said that Mila's Turnwheel is a good mechanic since it allows the perfect amount of breathing room for fuckups.

You shouldn't have breathing room. At least not without a penalty. It mitigates the weight of permanent death.
>>
>>377562582
Just because it's optional doesn't mean it isn't bad game design.
>>
>>377557038
Hard/Casual here

fuck you
>>
>>377562969
"Because now I actually have to think and strategize around the opponent using it."

Awakeningfags love freedom even when it comes at the cost of braindead gameplay.
>>
>>377550375
no notable waifus.
>>
It's been a while since I played FE. What should I be wary of? How should I approach enemies in a dungeon?
>>
>>377562631
And the player can redo the same opening moves every time they reset the game, the only thing that changes is the RNG seed and that won't matter much if you're not relying on crits/misses.
>>
>>377557746
There's no weapon triangle so no axes doesn't mean shit.
>>
What should I be forging?
>>
>>377563209
>How should I approach enemies in a dungeon?

charging full speed with your dick out
>>
So we can all agree that

best boy-Kliff
best girl-Delthea
>>
>>377563010
>The only thing causing a reset is your own inability to accept your loses like you should be. No one is pointing a gun at your head and telling you to reset.
Once again, not many people do Ironman runs in Fire Emblem. Most people reset, and IS knows this, so they added the Turnwheel.

>Then you shouldn't be playing Lunatic or whatever difficulty mode you were playing. Play normal mode if the game is too hard for you.
First of all, I played on Hard. I always play FE games on Hard (except FE10, I play on Normal which is just JP Hard).
Secondly, the game wasn't hard. It just wasn't fun. I seriously can count the amount of times I had fun in Conquest on my fingers.

>You shouldn't have breathing room. At least not without a penalty. It mitigates the weight of permanent death.
Why should somebody who wants to keep all their units alive have to reset the chapter, just to do the same shit all over again? It's only a "crutch" if you use it in an Ironman run, since that means an ironman player can reverse their "permanent" fuckup. Otherwise, it's a simple question of "do you want to save time by not having to do all the same shit all over again?" It has 0 impact on a non-ironman player's strategic skill.
>>
>the desert stronghold map
Who thought that this was a good idea?
>>
>>377550375
Is it really that easy? I remember Gaiden being really fucking hard in the later chapters.
>>
File: 18j14yg72c1angif.gif (734KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
18j14yg72c1angif.gif
734KB, 800x600px
>>377562632
>RNG rarely results in a significantly different map
For Echoes yeah it doesn't matter because the game is shit, but if Conquest or RD had it the game would change. If you get a Lucky crit or miss a 90% attack the map could have a entirely different outcome. There are a lot of times where good or bad RNG could affect the map (though mostly for Lunatic modes). You could reset it but you would be wasting your time.

>I'm defending it from a design standpoint
But from a design standpoint it changes the game. Why play effectively if I can just turn back time up to apparently 9 times? Why bother even playing smart if you can just reset time to any point. Its bad game design. It's a total crutch for bad players who already have too much help. This is different from Phoenix mode because the play needs to actively choose that mode and still with it. I can't turn off Mila's wheel if I don't want to.
>>
>>377555126
I did the same thing, those invokers saved my ass on that mission
>>
>>377562597
>equip Blessed Sword
>wait
>>
>>377563863
i got halfway through chapter 3 without anyone dying, and even then it was from a random crit
>>
File: 1429306956214.jpg (75KB, 485x600px) Image search: [Google]
1429306956214.jpg
75KB, 485x600px
>>377556695
I just want a remake of Radiant dawn that actually has supports.
And an avatar so I can marry Mia
I'm sorry
>>
>That Clive and Mathilda support
What a bunch of fucking dorks.
>>
Hoping the sales are good, and we get a remake of Genealogy.
>>
>>377559892
>main lord dies
>have to redo the chapter anyway
>>
>>377563996
>Why play effectively if I can just turn back time up to apparently 9 times?
Because if you fuck up 9 times you have to completely restart to save the unit(s). If you play poorly you're going to get fucked over a lot and find yourself incapable of advancing without casualties. The only thing it allows you do is dick around with rng more, which shouldn't be a thing to begin with since it largely throws all strategy out the window anyways.

>I can't turn off Mila's wheel if I don't want to.
Just don't press the button man

>>377564138
I want a remake of radiant dawn with a skip enemy turn button so the time to complete a map goes down by roughly an hour
>>
>>377563996
>Why play effectively if I can just turn back time up to apparently 9 times?
Why play classic mode when you can play casual mode and make the game much easier?

>I can't turn off Mila's wheel if I don't want to.
I don't think the game even shows you the guide screen for Mila's Turnwheel unless you explicitly tap the button for it. It's entirely optional.
>>
File: FESoV.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
FESoV.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
Who else here bought the limited edition?
That box is fucking huge and it's a neat container for all the goodies.
>>
>>377563996
>If you get a Lucky crit or miss a 90% attack the map could have a entirely different outcome.
Which is why I said "outside of situations like "strong enemy gets killed by mage crit""

>Why play effectively if I can just turn back time up to apparently 9 times? Why bother even playing smart if you can just reset time to any point.
It has limited uses, and you still need to play smart if you want your units to survive the chapter. It just means you don't have to reset to keep everyone alive.
This did bring up one of my problems with it, though: It has WAY too many uses. 3 is more than enough uses for a map. The amount that you can use in Echoes makes it so that you can use it for RNG-brute forcing, which isn't the intended use. It should be kept at a permanent 2 uses max if they bring it back in another game.

>This is different from Phoenix mode because the play needs to actively choose that mode and still with it. I can't turn off Mila's wheel if I don't want to.
Then just don't use it? People do that with Seth in FE8.
>>
>>377563863
Gaiden was never hard, only tedious. Echoes is even easier.
>>
>>377564728
Preordered it from FUCKING GAMESTOP.
Says it'll arrive on the 25th.

Tried to finesse the Chrome Print earlier today as well, but the Tumblrina at the counter was enforcing the DLC rule and tried to get me to buy the season pass.
>>
>>377564890
Assuming we're taking grinding into account then? Because I didn't grind at all and it was very hard whenever a summoner was on the map.
>>
>>377564465
The main lords are all good units with high growths in a game with low growths. You could always let another unit take the risk and then rewind with Turnwheel if they somehow die.
>>
>Lose Catria to the fucking swamp map
>Grinding Est in Dragon Shrine as a replacement
>MFW Fountain of Revival
>>
>>377565001
>The game is hard when you ignore tools it gives you

(You)
>>
File: 62543713_p0.jpg (1MB, 1190x1810px) Image search: [Google]
62543713_p0.jpg
1MB, 1190x1810px
>>377550375
Clair is the best girl btw
>>
>>377564968
Huh.
I picked up my pre-order from Gamestop on Friday and the dude behind the counter asked if i wanted make another pre-order and long story short: i pre-ordered FE:Warriors.
>>
>>377565178
Not with those water balloon tits
>>
The complaints I've made with Fates and Awakening are fixed, mostly.
Each region on the map has lore to broaden the history of the continent you're on.
The Villagers class change/promotions look better than the "swap heads on a default model" It actually looks organic here.
>>
>>377565202
The only thing that will make me preorder FE Warriors is if fucking Sety is in it.
>>
>>377564728
Nice bedsheets anon
>>
>>377565093
So the game is hard if you're not a fag got it.
>>
File: 5123421.jpg (36KB, 602x360px) Image search: [Google]
5123421.jpg
36KB, 602x360px
>>377565249
Shut up Faye
>>
>>377565330
Or Jamke.
Or Pugi Axeman.
Or Nephenee.
Pretty much any Jugdral or Tellius representation.
>>
>>377565512
Calm down, ModelOmega
I'd also like Percival, as the dude was my favorite GBA Paladin, both for his cool portrait and color scheme. Seth would be fine too.
>>
>>377564471
>Because if you fuck up 9 times you have to completely restart to save the unit(s)
You can turn back at any point with no penalty. If the player is somehow fucking terrible to use all of Mila's wheel they should not being playing the game at all.

>It has limited uses, and you still need to play smart if you want your units to survive the chapter
You don't need strategy in Echoes. Early game never gets difficult and late game you can use the wheel up to 12 turns removing all difficulty if that ever happens for a average player.
>It should be kept at a permanent 2 uses max if they bring it back in another game.
I think it should be removed entirely or at least neglect it to the easier difficulty setting.
>Then just don't use it? People do that with Seth in FE8
It's a a mechanic given to the player so even if I didn't use it I still have it. I can kill off Seth if I don't want him, or not play on normal because that affects the whole game. The "self-impose challenge" philosophy is incredibly dumb. ISIS should neglect the mechanics for those who don't want it. Same with grinding. I don't need to grind, but why not? The game has no penalty for it and I can do it forever and whenever I want.
>>
>>377565957
Killing seth is self imposing.
Picking Hard is self imposing.
Playing Echoes is self imposing.
Using shitting logic is self imposing.
>>
>>377565957
>You don't need strategy in Echoes
I said this multiple times now. It's well designed, but you will rarely use it in Echoes aside from minor stuff, like my example of Silque getting doubled due to it not showing Nosferatu's Weight affecting her stats like I thought it would.

>The "self-impose challenge" philosophy is incredibly dumb.
>I can kill off Seth if I don't want him
How is that NOT a self-imposed challenge?

>I don't need to grind, but why not? The game has no penalty for it and I can do it forever and whenever I want.
You don't have to use Seth, but why not? The game has no penalty for it and I can do it forever and whenever I want.
>>
What items are worth upgrading?

and

Is it worth it to move weapons around so everyone learns their abilities or is it just better to throw the best on whoever needs it and let them keep it?
>>
>>377555381
>>377555397
Won't this fuck up experience gains? I've always been a "promote at 20 always" guy, so I'm hesitant.
>>
>>377556293
Echoes is literally Gaiden but with a better UI.

Which is the problem, it's literally Gaiden.
>>
>>377565178
Matilda > Clair
>>
File: FE Echoes.jpg (352KB, 986x1331px) Image search: [Google]
FE Echoes.jpg
352KB, 986x1331px
>>377550375
>Accurate depiction of reviewer's reaction
>>
So how do i get the dracoshield?
>>
File: 1457055128643.jpg (253KB, 1280x1894px) Image search: [Google]
1457055128643.jpg
253KB, 1280x1894px
Gray->Mercenary
Kliff->Archer
Tobin->Cavalier
Faye->Mage
How good are these promotions?
>>
>>377555126
>get into this fight not knowing what seraphim magic is
>celica gets fucked down to 1 hp
>levels up
.gets the magic
>bet it all and crit the boss next turn

Literally the hypest thing I've experienced this year.
>>
>>377567076
>Celica choking the point
>Not Saber choking the point with Celica, Boey, and Genny next to him, while May uses lightning from 3 tiles away
Do you even boat map?
>>
>>377567237
>Faye
>Mage

Why. Also Mage Tobin is god and Cleric Faye is fucking insane.
>>
>>377567237
Nailed it with gray but you'll probably want to turn faye into a cleric for physic.
>>
>>377567368
>Implying it isn't an accurate depiction of how Western reviewers play

I remember that one woman from IGN that almost got wiped on Fates Normal Phoenix.
>>
>>377567368
Gotta get Seraphim ASAP.
>>
>>377567237
>Gray > Merc
>Kliff > Merc
>Tobin > Merc
>Faye > Cleric

DUDE INFINITE GRINDING LMAO
>>
>>377567237
Not the best.
Archer Kliff is a waste, as Kliff works best as either a Mage or a Cav due to his High Speed.
Tobin has shit Speed and Defense, but high Skill. Bows have notoriously low hit, so his Skill makes him a good archer. Alternatively, he also makes a good mage.
Faye gets insane Cleric spells, and it's very useful to have 2 Clerics.
>>
>>377562037
How can I promote Atlas? He ran off when I tried to bring him to the temple?
>>
File: 1439148133601.gif (2MB, 390x520px) Image search: [Google]
1439148133601.gif
2MB, 390x520px
>>377567527
>have your weaker characters soften up enemies, and finish them off with Frederick
>>
>>377567734
Promote him to the Bench
>>
>>377567734
>joins to go save his brothers from an asshole in the desert
>hey lets pass up the desert and go do something else
Are you surprised?
>>
File: 1484857383385.png (695KB, 599x689px) Image search: [Google]
1484857383385.png
695KB, 599x689px
Childhood is liking the Brawl remix of With Mila's Divine Protection.

Adulthood is realizing the Echoes remix is vastly superior.
>>
>>377567883
While it does make sense, you would think he would promote to Mercenary instead of rushing in with Villager stats.
>>
>>377566539
>I said this multiple times now. It's well designed
Resetting anytime you want to up to 12 times is not a well design game mechanic.

>How is that NOT a self-imposed challenge?
It's a semi self-imposed challenge because if Seth dies chapter 1/2 I won't be able to use him at all. I locked him out of my game and I never need see that broken unit again unless I reset. Using a higher difficulty is the same. It's just official because the devs implemented it. Mila's wheel is constantly there. Same with grinding, there's no way to disable it
>>
>>377567952
Enlightenment is realizing Celica's 2nd battle theme is the best
>>
>>377568028
>Resetting anytime you want to up to 12 times is not a well design game mechanic.
If you phrase anything stupidly it sounds worse than it is.
I won't go through the effort to explain why it's well designed again, considering I already did multiple times ITT.

>It's a semi self-imposed challenge
Okay now you're just bullshitting.
>>
>>377568098
Enlightening is realizing Celica Map 3 and Alm Map 3 are the best soundtracks in the game.
>>
>>377567952
>>377568098
Ascension is realizing Alm's First Battle theme is the best.
Godhood is realizing the Village Theme is the best song in Echoes
>>
File: Sans titre.jpg (82KB, 654x323px) Image search: [Google]
Sans titre.jpg
82KB, 654x323px
>>377550375
>Why did reviewers give this game such a hard time?
Wat. 82% is very good for the black sheep of the series.
>>
>>377567436
>>377567481
>>377567585
So then, Kliff->Mage, Faye->Cleric, and Tobin->Archer? I don't know about any other units other than the Pegasus sisters and Celica's first members (Saber, Genny, Mae, Boey)
>>
>>377554076
>put knight at choke point with mage behind him with faye supporting with Psychic
>Have Clair flank around pick off dude summoning shit
Map was easy, finished fat boy off with Armorbreaker crit
>>
>>377568261
>If you phrase anything stupidly it sounds worse than it is.

How else would he phrase it when that's exactly what it is? Mila's Turnwheel is pretty much a save state you can use up to 12 times that let's you avoid the consequences of your decisions.
>>
>>377568467
That was the best promotions for them in gaiden and it seems to be the case in this game as well.
>>
>>377568467
Kliff - Mage or Cav
Tobin - Mage or Archer
Faye - Cleric

Mage Tobin is ludicrously good early game, still good later in the game, and Mage Kliff is much better lategame.
>>
Support Logs are specific now huh, I mean Character A with Character B will have Support Logs. Sorry, I know, even nu-FE has specific Support Logs but they're in abundant that I can't see them. This FE, the logs are like 2-3 only.

And they're all until Rank A. Well, not that I mind.
>>
>>377568467
>So then, Kliff->Mage, Faye->Cleric, and Tobin->Archer?
That's generally agreed upon to be the optimal choices.
Some argue Tobin -> Mage, but Kliff serves just fine, and you get another strong Mage in Chapter 3. Meanwhile, there isn't a single good archer in Alm's Route, unless you make Tobin one.

>>377568680
"There's kids that you can either choose to make strong, or choose not to make strong"
There, I just summed up the pairing/child system in FE4.
>>
>>377566724
Just upgrade what you feel like. My Tobin did really well with a 4 star Iron Bow for the whole game until I gave him the Blessed Bow for the final chapter. Some weapons do evolve into other rarer weapons outside of the usual Iron/Steel/Silver line and they usually cost gold marks to evolve.

The latter.
>>
>>377568098
Celica Map 2 was honestly the only thing that got me through chapter 4's bullshit on her side. Fantastic music can make even the most unbearable shit tolerable.

Fuck

Swamps
>>
>>377568848
>"There's kids that you can either choose to make strong, or choose not to make strong"
>There, I just summed up the pairing/child system in FE4.

And how else could that be phrased?
>>
is gray any good as a Cav or is he just universally better as a merc?
>>
>>377568857
I can't wait to get a Parthia.
>>
>>377568831
Yeap. Very few logs that I get the impression it's less than Fates and Awakening.
>>
File: 1492903882936.jpg (177KB, 710x888px) Image search: [Google]
1492903882936.jpg
177KB, 710x888px
>>377568691
>>377568697
>>377568848
Alright, I'll roll with these promotes. Thanks, anons.
>>
The bantz in this game from all the random dialogue is better than any support in fire emblem history. It feels like the characters are actually talking to each other and about relevant information instead of just
>go into tent
>do wacky thing
>...
>rank up

Support conversations were a mistake.
>>
>>377569013
Cav Gray is Clive 2.0 but serviceable unit while Merc Gray is Alm 2.0.
>>
>>377568979
>See all these good characters you can have?
>Now don't take any of them
>>
>>377562784
Based Genny.
>>
>>377569110
The supports are absolute garbage but the bantz is amazing.

>You like girls, right Tobin
>They're....not...bad...I guess?
>>
>>377569110
I agree. The older Support Logs are better in terms of characterization because they build upon an already established foundation which is their relationship instead of giving a scenario where they roleplay.
>>
The game could use a subquest menu

So far I'm enjoying Mage Faye with her 19 atk and Lightning fast Merc Tobin.

Cav Grey was a mistake
>>
Thoughts?

http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-echoes-devs-on-going-forward-with-the-remake-considered-adding-newer-elements-from-the-series/
>>
>>377568848
>>377568697
Shit, I made Tobin the merc and Gray the archer. Did I fuck up? What makes one better than the other? I thought the one with the better skill growth would make the better archer, and the one with the speed growth would become the merc.
>>
>>377559847
>focus on waifus

Fates was shit for a lot of reasons but it's waifu quota was not much worse than awakenings. Maybe it's because their characters were so poorly written and forgettable but Awakening had much more notable waifus than fates.
>>
Hey, hey, /v/!

I'm gonna enter an FE thread with 'Salutations' each time. This gon be fun.

So, SALUTATIONS, /v/!
>>
Man I kept getting rekt by the map battle right after the southern outpost. Dudes were fucking stronk and even the kite and run strat didn't work so i ended up grinding in the first cave.

I'm really liking how different the game is, was the original the same?
>>
>>377569294
While not close to being the same hovering over a town will show you all side quests on the bottom screen found in that town.

What does renown do though?
>>
>>377564728
How much did the yurop verson cost? We didn't get the amiibos but if it was $20 more expensive for it, I don't mind.

>>377564968
I preordered mine on gamestop a few days before release and got it on release day. Had to pay $5 handling though.
>>
So who do you have drink from the fountains?
>>
>>377569495
It was a bit difficult too. Cause of the HP penalty and what not.
>>
>>377569495
More or less, just a lot slower and rougher. The QoL upgrades did wonders for Echoes.
>>
>>377569342
Salutations, nigger.
>>
>>377569110
I love how characters will say something when a unit near them does well, it makes the army feel much more alive
>>
>>377569294
You can actually see subquests on the world map by highlighting a town that has them and clicking on the speach bubbles in the lower left on the bottom screen.
>>
>>377569606
Whoever needs it. If it's a speed shrine I give it to units carrying weapons to compensate for the weight because of how doubling works.
>>
How far into act 4 do I need to go to promote Alm? He's level 20 now
>>
>>377568979
There is a system in FE4 where characters in the first Generation can fall in love, which will affect characters in the 2nd generation.
Some Gen 1 characters can gain love points with each other, and if they gain 500, they marry. They gain points with each other for being on the map, and even more when adjacent. Some also have conversations to boost their points.
There is also a Jealousy system that is complicated to explain in words, so I won't go into detail.
The pairings you choose depend on many factors, including how useful it makes the 2nd Gen units, how it affects your playstyle in Gen 1, and how easy it is. Some pairings make your Gen 2 characters near unusable (Azel x Aideen makes Lester awful), some are incredibly difficult to obtain but very good (Finn x Lachesis), and some are easy to obtain and are powerful (Levin x Fury)
There is also characters that replace the children, if their parent dies in Gen 1 or goes unpaired, and are usually worse than their regular counterpart.

>>377569323
Merc promotion fixes Gray's Bad Speed, and Tobin has terrible defense, which means he shouldn't be a frontline fighter, aka a Merc.
>>
>>377569754
You need to talk to some random old guy in the woods on Celica's side, then Alm can promote
>>
>>377568889
You mean Celica Map 3. There are two versions of With Mila's Divine Protection.

Also why is Alm Map 3 so good bros?
>>
>>377569754
You gotta talk to Hacylon in the woods as Celica and then Alm can promote.
>>
Dun dun dun dun dun dun dun.

Then some incoherent Latin chorus. Damn if this ain't hype then I don't know what else is, Final Map Theme in Echoes is amazing!
>>
WHAT
ARE YOU DOING
IN MY SWAMP?
>>
I don't see why they didn't use the touch screen for the examine feature. If you have the hardware, why not?
>>
>>377550375
Why are you making shit up? I haven't seen any reviewers shitting on the game
>>
>>377556998
>>377556821
Even if someone dies, there's a shrine that can revive fallen allies, it was located on Celica path
>>
>siege the desert castle
>all right lets do this
>they fucking packed it with archers with huge range
>you also only move 2 spaces in the sand fuccboi
Is the only way I can counter these fuciing archers to get my own overpowered bullshit archers?
This is like the fucking battle of Agincourt
I'm France you faggots
>>
>>377570038
I rarely ever see 3DS games have actual proper 3D environments on the touch screen for some reason. It's almost always a menu or map screen of some sort with any 3D models that do show up on it often being relatively minimal in design.
>>
>>377570324
Only archers with non-default weapons are effective against fliers.
>>
>>377570364
The top screen is the only one with stereoscopic 3D.
>>
>>377570431
If you're playing on hard mode than all the Archers have effective damage against fliers.
>>
>>377570610
What kind of overachieving faggot plays on hard mode the first time through?
>>
File: Deliverance.png (1MB, 1280x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Deliverance.png
1MB, 1280x1046px
>>377570653
me

it's been a fun challenge
>>
>>377570653
Gaiden was easy as fuck so why wouldn't you?
>>
>>377570725
Because a remake isn't the same as the original game?
>>
>>377570783
For the most part Echoes is.
>>
File: justfucking.png (167KB, 313x303px) Image search: [Google]
justfucking.png
167KB, 313x303px
I FUCKING LOVE MAE
>>
>>377570884
Mae is bae
>>
>>377570884
mein bruder

she's been a godly unit so far

that's more than I can say for fucking Boey
>>
>>377570653
Everyone was saying Gaiden is piss easy. It's not all that bad so far minus a few bumps like that one general boss
>>
>>377570980
>found a ring that gives mages +2 range
She's wrecking things from half way across the map for me now
>>
Is Genny just non-existent in terms of character interaction? I think the only time I've heard anything from her is the join party prompt. It's crazy since I think she is the only character that is like this.
>>
It took me a little while to realize this, but I think I know why they cut out the Weapon Triangle.
They would have had to completely retool how classes and inventory work, since characters only have one Weapon Type and one inventory slot. Plus, there are no allied Axe Users in Echoes.
By the way, i'd just like to say it's stupid that out of all characters they could have added to Echoes, they choose to add ANOTHER NTR'd Female to an FE game, instead of a playable Brigand
>>
File: Rei.png (287KB, 550x394px) Image search: [Google]
Rei.png
287KB, 550x394px
>>377570935
>>377570980
My nigs
>>
>>377571190
She has a few village scenes I think

she gets a memory shard with Jesse and a support with Sonya
>>
File: getsmocked.png (488KB, 598x704px) Image search: [Google]
getsmocked.png
488KB, 598x704px
>Celica chapter 3 has shitty desert maps with low movement making the maps take forever
>Celica chapter 2 has the shitty swamp maps with low movement and constant damage making the maps take forever
they weren't kidding about how bad these maps were
>>
>no avatar
>no romance

Why fucking bother?
>>
>>377571381
>Celica chapter 2 has the shitty swamp maps with low movement and constant damage making the maps take forever
Wait, what? Where?

I'm on chapter 3 and I don't remember those.
>>
>>377571460
>>377571381
i meant chapter 4 fuck
>>
>>377571381
I'm using all of the 3 pegasus knights to get through. Makes it slightly more bearable. Also equip rings on mages for your +5HP heal every turn so the swamp basically does no damage overall
>>
>>377571381
I dunno which is worse, these maps or the empty fields full of cav units in alms maps.
>>
>>377571459
There is romance though
>>
>>377571190
A lot of Celica's units are like that. Pretty much anyone not named Mae, Boey, Saber or Conrad get the short end of the stick.
Meanwhile on Alm's route, the only units are are really forgettable are Forscyth, Python and Luthier, and even then the latter has a special interaction at the beginning of the sluice gate fight if you brought him. Delthea has a support with Clair of all people and Mathilda is there to remind you of why Clive is so trash. You could also argue about Kliff, Faye and Silque but they're with you from the start so they have some sort of presence established from the get go.
Thank god for base conversations. Those were really good.
>>
>Faye will never get Alm's dick
;_;
>>
Alright /v/ I have a most important question. I never reset fire emblem games, unless I lose the mission normally of course, and when I lose units I take it.
How come whenever I share this truth, I get shit on, isn't that how you are supposed to play the game?
How am I in the wrong here?
>>
>>377571737
Hey, Celica has Leon.

He's memorable for being gay as fuck, if nothing else.
>>
>>377572023
>tfw Valbar will never be your Aniki
>>
File: 1471309749493.jpg (153KB, 870x853px) Image search: [Google]
1471309749493.jpg
153KB, 870x853px
>>377571928
This is actually how Fire Emblem's difficulty is usually balanced towards, but /v/ wants it to be balanced with a no death focused team in mind, so they want this playstyle to die.
>>
>>377571717
There's no pairing units together though, that was half the fun of Awakening and Fates
>>
How do you actually access dlc? I want the free boots. I went to the dlc menu in the main menu but it only gives options to delete or re download all the dlc you own
>>
>>377572163
Go into the DLC menu in the ingame menu.
>>
>>377572137
>Wanting to break apart Alm and Celica

fuck off Faye
>>
>>377572216
I'm retarded and I don't see it
>>
>>377564728
I love the old school Gaiden cover you get
>>
>>377572308
No wait, I'm really am retarded. It's connect. I just haven't bothered making a card yet
>>
>>377565492
Faye's got pretty big titters though
>>
>can't instantly retreat from a world map fight
This shit is getting really tedious.
>>
>>377566724
blessed weapons are good for celica's route since you fight so many monsters, and the ridersbane is good for Alm's route. Getting a rapier is handy for Alm's route too.
>>
>>377572379
>I'm really am retarded.
>>
>>377572136
>/v/ wants it to be balanced with a no death focused team in mind
lol no
I want to earn that perfect run. Fuck off with that casual shit.
>>
>>377572449
No bully, I'm on painkillers right now
>>
>>377564728
>that mini black box for the pins
my US version just got the pins on some shitty hard plastic thing
>>
>>377572343
It's a reversible cover.
One side is the Echoes Cover Art, the other side is the Gaiden Cover Art.
>>
>>377566724
Upgrade the Golden Dagger that Celica comes with to give her a healing ring that she can hit niggas with.
>>
File: 1473478223756.png (133KB, 1049x550px) Image search: [Google]
1473478223756.png
133KB, 1049x550px
>First game IN THE ENTIRE SERIES to actually tell you about the Triangle Attack ingame
>it's nerfed to hell and even worse than it usually is since it's a skill (so it only hits once) and doesn't even guarantee a crit
1 step forward, 5 steps back.
>>
>>377572801
Path of radiance was pretty upfront about it, it had multiple base conversations about it
>>
>>377572862
Only the shitty bow version, which doesn't count due to not being pegaponies.
>>
>>377572801
That HP cost too... another skill I will never use
>>
>>377572907
The pegasus knights could do it too
>>
>>377555269
A rusted sword would shut her down if it could hit
>>
>>377573000
Yeah, and that version wasn't explained at all, like most Triangle Attacks.

PoR would have you believe the only triangle attack is with Oscar, Boyd and Rolf.
>>
>>377572801
Shadow Dragon at least hints at it, and FE12 straight up shows you it in a flashback.
>>
>>377573101
We don't talk about those games.
>>
>>377550375
They were awakening babbies
>>
>>377573126
except gameplay-wise they're both better than Echoes, people just hate them because muh supports
>>
>>377573178
No.
>>
>>377572412
This. I just want to revisit a village to complete a shitty fetch quest and it takes ten times longer than it should.

By the way why would they get rid of the minimap on the lower screen during battles? Or am I missing something?
>>
Are there hidden items in the desert maps?
>>
>>377573636
No.
>>
I keep forgetting I can reverse time If I make a mistake, I also found out if you really need that one attacjk to be a crit you can reverse time and try again, neat
>>
Why do people bitch about the wheel so much? There is no real problem with offering something that I dont use anyway if it gets more dumbasses to buy the game. Fucking FE4 had battle saves, as did FE10 and people sing the praises of those all the time, I enjoyed those as well. I dont see how it is any different then "lets battle save at every turn so if I fuck up I can reload!"
>>
>>377571381
>Remember the shitty boat, desert and swamp maps?
>Let's not do anything about that and make fun of Awakening instead

Awakening had bad maps, sure, but not GAIDEN BAD maps.
>>
File: 1488440645725.jpg (221KB, 540x622px) Image search: [Google]
1488440645725.jpg
221KB, 540x622px
>Duma Tower Approach
nigga how the fuck
>>
>>377574042
Playing Devils Advocate here since I am/was the one defending the Turnwheel, but people will just say "those games needed battle saves because the maps were so big!"
>>
>>377573872
You do need to do something different though. It acts exactly like a save state so doing the exact same thing will get you the same result

>tfw my Palla died 5 different ways at the start of Duma's Gate because of witch gank
>>
>>377574279
Then they could have had checkpoints akin to FE11 and 12
>>
Turnwheel is a blessing honestly although less uses would have been ideal.

Finding more cogs really breaks the game harder than it already can be.
>>
>>377574279
That's only really true for FE4. FE10 is nowhere near as big.
>>
>>377574448
No, but they can be really fucking long nevertheless.
>>
>>377569342
Oh hi, Clair
>>
File: Best Genius.jpg (152KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
Best Genius.jpg
152KB, 640x720px
>Desert Fortress map on Celica Chapter 3

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

How do you deal with the millions or archers and no movement range?
>>
>>377564728
Me. I'm glad Amazon wasn't sold out on them.
>>
>>377574176
Take a few Dread Fighters across the cliffs, or if you're feeling ballsy have them go head on into the building. Everyone else should slowly advance towards the structure. Have you main units bunch up inside near the entrance and clear their way towards the boss once it's clear. Valbar can tank quite a bit as long as he isn't in range of mages, Conrad has the Blessed Lance, if you have Falcon Knights have them assist and pick off easy kills. Leon should be parked outside picking off gargoyles until your main units are in and then he can get in. Celica, Genny, Nomah, and Mae/Boey if they're promoted should be on healing duty for when the boss does that AoE attack.
>>
>>377574654
spam phantoms, the AI is retarded and they focus on them, also put Saber in that lone palmtree near the entrance,and push with Valbar
>>
>>377550375
I'm having fun with it but let's not kid ourselves, it isn't as fun as Conquest. I'm on the chapter with Alm and saving Clive's girlfriend, and so far almost all the chapters have been meh. The only ones that stood out were the necrodragon one, the final battle on Alm's side for the first part, and the one with the 3 enemies and your army spawning one 3 sides of the map, because it was so weird. Also, Clair, Faye, and Genny are the real reason to play.
>>
>>377557202
Other than XP, is there any benefit to doing this?
>>
>>377574942
He drops a Dracoshield which is really good and one of the two natural drops in the game.
You also get some *it was a hologram* shenanigans.
>>
>>377574942
The Dragonshield that Dudesex drops is pretty fucking good. Stick it on Lukas or Forsyth and they'll never die. Better yet stick it on a healer so they dont die to a breeze.
>>
>Merchant wife looking for husband
>Look in close dungeon and find an ominous note with doll.
>Tell wife
>She just wanders off
>Turns out her husband was being held prisoner all the way by Nuibaba

Oh.
>>
>>377574654
Just did it. I just had my mercs and knight waltz in and slaughter the archer circle jerk, with the gay archer tailing behind and killing shit/weakening shit ahead of time.
>>
>>377575069
>>377575014
> increases its wearer's Defense and Resistance by 13 when equipped.
>13
Isn't that broken?
>>
>>377575298
Yes. Very.

Hence why it's such a pain in the ass to get.
>>
>>377575298
No weapon allowed and I think it has a big speed penalty. Situational but still very good
>>
>>377575298

Gaiden had amazing items like that, made it fun
>>
>>377575298
Well that's the thing, the first one shows up really fucking early and you're not expected to just grab it off Desaix so actually getting it is an accomplishment in itself. They even pull a "dud body double" if you do manage to get it.
The second one is pretty late into the game but it's carried by some douchefuck with a dumb gimmick in a swamp map who pretty much chunks anyone who gets near him unless you got the stats to kill him fast enough because it is a timed map.
So yeah they're pretty much rewards for being able to pull it off. Otherwise you gotta farm for dragon scales to forge one.
>>
>>377575381
Just putting the leather shield on Knight Lucus felt broken.
>>
How much of a bad time am I gonna have by waiting for all of my units, villagers included, to hit level 20 before promoting them?
>>
>>377575582
I'm so retarded, I threw mine on Faye while she was a Villager (didn't know to promote quickly unlike other games).
>>
>>377575560
>Facing asshole with second dracoshield right now
>Nullifies all my attacks
>In the middle of the fucking swamp that saps my HP
>Godlike defenses and resistances due to shield

How the fuck?
>>
File: 1363918757000.jpg (280KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1363918757000.jpg
280KB, 1920x1080px
Holy fuck the armor design in this game is top notch.

I really hope Hidari does the next mainline game art.
>>
>>377575721
If you're grinding dungeons then not a lot because you're grinding.
If you mean just regularly progressing through the game it's gonna get pretty bad. Promoting your units more or less just keeps them up to speed with the game's pacing so holding off will end up gimping yourself if you don't get them to 20 fast enough.
>>
Should I wait to promote the usual classes, Merc, Knight, etc, until level 20?
>>
When does the difficulty start to peak on Echoes?
>>
>>377575761
He's only vulnerable every 4th attack (remember this for later as well). Hope your Celica knows Ragnarok, because critting off that is basically the only way to kill him in one go. He fucks off turn 5 anyways if you arent able to kill him.
>>
>>377575921
Nah just promote asap.
>>
Is the game short ?
I'm 7 hours in and I'm already halfway through Act 2.
>>
>Killed Delthea and Zeke because I didn't know how to recruit them
Whoops
>>
>>377576000
Sarcasm? I really don't know. I usually wait till 20 but here my Herc already has access to promotion before level 10.
>>
>>377576023
Dude the nigga mage in town basically tells you how to recruit Delthea
>>
>>377576076
No really, because of the way promotion works you promote asap every time.
>>
>>377576076
It's not sarcasm. Gaiden/SoV's promotion mechanics are different, in that promotion just bumps you up to the promoted class's base stats, instead of giving you fixed promotion gains. Promoting later just gives you less payoff.
>>
File: Bedmandark.jpg (1MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Bedmandark.jpg
1MB, 1280x800px
>>377570126
I haven't played Gaiden and I started Echoes and I'm on Chapter 3
you're fucking with me aren't you
>>
>>377576023
Zeke I can kinda see but Luthier literally tells you before the battle starts to not to kill Delthea and that killing the boss will release his control on her.
>>
File: fag.jpg (96KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
fag.jpg
96KB, 640x640px
>>377575769
I don't really like the single-sided chest plates, even though I know it's supposed to speak to them being commoners and all. They remind me of these tattoo's like the new tribal+barbed wire combo for guys with shit taste.
>>
>>377576023
The Mila statue and Luthier both tell you how to save Delthea.
>>
>>377576316
Nope. Gaiden and Echoes have resurrection shrines on both routes. They're more rarer to come across though.
I dunno if it still works in Echoes, but in Gaiden you could resurrect a fallen unit on the opposite route and add it you the other Lord's party.
>>
>>377576316
Nope. Each of them have a revival spring on their paths. Cant remember where Celica's is but Alm's is in a place called the Secret Shrine which I honestly only found by spinning my circle pad around at the spot where it actually was. Its not marked on the map, but its pretty close to Rigel Castle
>>
>>377575926
When the game starts throwing enemy waves that can't be choked at you.
>>
>>377576519
>>377576316
Celica's is located in the Dragon Altar I think. Alm's is in the Fear Shrine by taking the path of the dead. He also has one in the Secret Shrine right of Rigel Falls.
>>
>>377576519
Celica's is like the second one you come across, it's on the main land where you meet up with alm from what I remember. It's protected by 4 necrodragons. Better rev up those Gennys.
>>
>>377574632
>Clair and Alm's A rank conversation is just them talking like high society noblefolk.
>She pretty much become's Alm's fembro since she knew she lost the Almbowl.
Cute, but it was still kinda sad. Clair is pretty great.
>>
>>377576837

She always loved Grey though, if Grey dies she says she was just flirting with Alm to step his game up
>>
>>377571190
She's not a required character, like Faye and Kliff don't show up in story scenes as much as Gray and Tobin because it's possible to not recruit them at the beginning.
>>
>>377574042
Hard mode disables battle saves. The jap version for 10 never even had it.
>>
>>377577002
She did have feelings for Alm though since her A rank with Gray reveals that she was being a cunt to him because she found out that Alm loves Celica and was just pissed.
>>
>>377577026
What happens to characters you refuse to recruit? Do they just wait disappear or stamd around waiting to be recruited?
>>
So I know promoting villagers should be done early, what about other classes, like should I promote Lucas to Knight asap or max level him as Soldier first?
>>
>>377577238
It'd be great if one of them turned into some fucked up wino or something if you didn't recruit them, and they just bugged you for wine and ale everytime you rolled back through their town/hideout/wherever
>>
>>377577238
Towards the very end of Act 2, once Celica reaches Zofia Castle, you can actually head south all the way back to Ram Village. There, you’ll find Kliff and Faye if you left them behind–and they will be totally bored and offer to join Celica’s party.

You cannot recruit any other character this way, although there is different dialogue if you speak to Silque, Forsyth or Python with Celica.
>>
>>377566843
Gaiden isn't that kind of game.
>>
>>377550375
will I like this game if I though fates sucked
>>
>>377567368
>>377567527
1. Seraphim. Gotta level her asap.
2. At this point she is literally better Saber, with all her stats being as good or better than his, even with poor growth luck.
>>
File: Cellica_Manual.jpg (39KB, 223x544px) Image search: [Google]
Cellica_Manual.jpg
39KB, 223x544px
>>377567952
I prefer the original entirely, but Echoes is next in line. Gaiden was my shit.
>>
>Mae's English oice
>>
>>377577698
depends on why you hated it
>>
>>377556846
No man, it's great that Advance Wars is gone and never coming back. One of the games they made since then might not have been what I wanted.
>>
>>377570725
>Gaiden was easy
Maybe if you use the easy mode code or grind for a few decades.

>>377570653
For some, this isn't the first time playing Gaiden.
>>
>Delthea has gained 3 res in her last 4 levels
>thought that this game was where res growths went to die
>check her growth rate
>its ass just like everyone else's

Man this little girl is fucking fantastic. She needs to calm the fuck down so I can give kills to other people, because right now she is just decimating everything she points at.
>>
>>377575963
Holy shit, thanks for the advice. Managed to kill him and thank god it got rid of the eye ball enemies as well.
>>
>>377570653
How much of a fucking casual are you?
>>
File: 1494569473261.jpg (86KB, 809x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1494569473261.jpg
86KB, 809x1200px
I like VIllagers, I'm going to leave my people as Villagers :)))
>>
>>377571381
>>377571642
>>377574087
The game is about building powerful characters and characters that fill niches, the maps put heavy focus on terrain bonuses and effects since it was the hottest new shit when Gaiden came out. Of course the maps are going to be half about how much shit your units can take/dish out, and half about how the terrain affects them and the enemies. Come on, /v/, you might not like it, but they aren't poorly made for their purpose.
>>
>>377570653
Wouldn't beating it first kind of take some of the purpose out of playing on hard in the first place?
>>
>spd only has to be one more to double a enemy and vice versa
jesus fuck thats actually scary
>>
>>377577810
Is cute. If you don't like Mae, you better not like the 3 Stooges on Alm's path either, since all 4 of them are goofy nimrods. Mae acts like a valley girl, so she sounds like a valley girl.
>>
>>377577832
they story and characters were boring and the maps weren't fun
>>
File: R8d.png (178KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
R8d.png
178KB, 370x370px
I'm having such a great time. It addressed almost every single problem I had with Awakening/Fates and improved on them.

>Shitty psuedo 3D art is replaced with incredible art by Hidari
>OP pair up mechanics are gone and the old support system is back
>the writing/characters are really good

this game showed me what i loved most about fire emblem, i think Fates made me forget. Sure, the gameplay is a huge boon, but the charming characters and art was what really hooked me and this game nails that better than most of the series.

What really upsets me is that there is a very high chance this is the last good FE game we'll ever play. Judging by sales Nintendo/IS will interpret Echoes selling less as 'oh, they want the waifu pandering/OP pairup mechanics of fates/awakening'. To that extent I am treating this as the last Fire Emblem game, and holy hell am I glad it ended on such a high note.
>>
>>377578490
Late game dread fighters are turbocunts for exactly this reason. Holy shit fuck those guys
>>
>>377578621
So by Fates you just mean Birthright.
>>
>that desert map with all the fucking archers in the fort
That shit was so fucking boring, please tell me the next maps aren't as bad.
>>
Digital or physical?
>>
>>377576503
Just tried it by killing Clive, it doesn't seem to work anymore
>>
>>377578759
The final part of that quest is a huge fort in the desert..... filled with archers and mages.
>>
>>377578719
I played conquest till the end and birthright maybe less than half
>>
>>377578929
Well the worst part was the movement reduction that put made half of the team worthless, if the desert portion isn't the main part I'll manage.

If not, just fuck my shit up.
>>
>>377578629
Honestly I have faith that IS will continue to experiment and do something for Switch. Maybe it won't be radically different from Fates, but IS doesn't stagnate and do the same thing game after game.
>>
>>377578883
physical
>>
>>377578883
Collectors, for the swag gaiden cover
>>
>>377578759
Mila's Temple is pretty rough and Celica starts getting swamp maps in chapter 4. Alm has to deal with Nuibaba's manor.
Grieth's Fort is probably the worst one though by far.
>>
>>377579171
That's Europe only though right?
>>
>>377579050
I would say the first quarter of the map is desert. The problem is in order for you units to make it to the ranged units, you basically have to make it to the boss room. Save the P. Knights.
>>
>>377579137
hope you're right, awakening/fates really left a sour taste in my mouth, fates moreso than awakening
>>
>>377579050
It's not but your units start on desert and make it a pain to get to the fort and easy for archers to pick you off.
The big thing about Grieth is that it's filled with archers and mages, the layout of the fort, Grieth moves and he's a Derad Fighter
>>
File: Saber_Portrait_Echoes.png (51KB, 238x256px) Image search: [Google]
Saber_Portrait_Echoes.png
51KB, 238x256px
>>377553446
>giving the lightning sword to Alm
why would you do this when you get an iron sword earlier in the game, he still doubles most of the time with it, I ended up giving the lighting sword to Tobin before I promoted him to an archer

also, what level should I promote Masamune Shido?
on that note, what's with all the shared VAs, not that I'm complaining

>>377552643
>not Silque
shit taste

>>377554172
>no waifus
the fuck are you talking about, there are plenty, you can only dick Celica from what I have seen so far though
>>
Why is everyone bitching about the desert? By then Saber was a Dread Fighter and easily slaughtered everyone in the fort.

The swamps are the worst part at the moment.
>>
>>377579727
>Having a Dread Fighter by Grieth
Talk about grinding.
>>
File: Grieth_Echoes_Portrait.png (75KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Grieth_Echoes_Portrait.png
75KB, 250x250px
This game needs difficult boss
Only this guy is hard

Berkut and Rudolf are weak
Not challenging
>>
>>377554076
>Slayde rushes Kliff
>Starts talking some shit
>Kliff set to do 10 damage to him
>Slayde has 30 HP
>Think oh well at least Kliff won't die from this
>CRIT

I didn't even know you could kill Desaix.
>>
>>377580030
Desaix was scary
>>
>>377580238
He really was. The only units that could harm him was my designated levin sword carrier and the new mage...who got one hit. It wouldn't be that bad if there wasn't the time limit with what's her face getting gangbanged in the background, but that really forced me to take risks with the mage.
>>
>Fighting the guy with a Shadow Sword on Celica's route
>He goes straight for Celica's army from turn 1, going through the mountains
What is up with the AI in this game.
>>
>Give saber dagger as payment.
>Instantly equip it back to Celica
No dignity
>>
DEEN OR SONIA
>>
>>377581014
If it's anything like the original you definitely want Sonia on your team more.
>>
>>377550375

Because unlike Fates and Awakening, this game isn't a eugenics simulator with countless hours of replayable self-insert waifu faggotry.
That's why Fire Emblem's audience is now.
>>
>>377581014
SQUIDWARD TENNISBALLS
>>
So is it impossible to save mathilda without a cleric faye? I don't see how I could possibly get through without a fuckton of grinding.
>>
>>377579276
Im Na and I got it.
>>
File: he's right you know~01.png (205KB, 1437x1588px) Image search: [Google]
he's right you know~01.png
205KB, 1437x1588px
>>377581116
>>
>>377581142
My cav Faye got some crazy levels. I just put her on the stairs and pulled everything. 1 rounded everything save the boss.
>>
>>377581357
I wonder if that guy knew that Saber's 34 years old.
>>
>>377581357
Everything but that last point at least.
>>
>>377581306
Damn, should have nabbed it on Amazon when I had the chance. Are we certain that sleeve is only with the limited edition?
>>
>>377581142
If you have someone with a leveled up steel lance they should be effective against the knights on your phase. There's also the thunder sword and the new mage guy you got but the latter is super fragile and you're relying on 30% enemy hit rates to live against the boss. Once he's out of the way you should be able to roll through the rest.
>>
>>377581142
Mathilda's not that hard to save desu, even without Rescue/Physic. Snipe the archers with your archer, and blast Desaix and his knights down with your mage and Luthier.
>>
File: Echoes_lukas.png (474KB, 746x1006px) Image search: [Google]
Echoes_lukas.png
474KB, 746x1006px
>Was good for like 2 chapters and started falling behind despite being on the front lines every fight and having the best lance I could get my hands on.
>Boring character
>Plan to bench him ASAP
>am at Act 3 now
>Hear a long story about his past
>Notice he shares a VA with Adam
>Can promote him to Knight.
What do I do?
>>
>>377581984
How the fuck is he still a Soldier by Act 3?
Well, he's shit now.
Did you not promote him asap?
>>
>>377581984
Lukas is based as fuck, he burned Fernand hard with his bantz. Just give him a good lance.
>>
>>377582073
>How the fuck is he still a Soldier by Act 3?
I may have gave Faye and Clair too much attention on the earlier fights.
It's not the first mistake I can admit I made: I have no Archers on either army, for one.
>>
>>377582338
>No archers
>In Gaiden
Shit nigger what are you doing
>>
>>377582338
What the fuck happened to Leon and Python?
>>
How's the story in this game?
>>
File: Char Emblem.jpg (153KB, 989x504px) Image search: [Google]
Char Emblem.jpg
153KB, 989x504px
>>377582338
>No Archers
>In the game where you can have 8-move Horse archers with 5-range bows for an effective range of 13 fucking squares
>In a game where mages can fuck you up on counterattack at 2-3 range
>>
File: 1494325165282.png (261KB, 420x464px) Image search: [Google]
1494325165282.png
261KB, 420x464px
>>377582474
>>377582585
I didn't realize how useful they were when I was re classing the villagers and on Celica's chapter I couldn't figure out how to get to the group in time to save their archer without sacrificing one of my own people, so I took 2/3 and called it a day.
>Python
Fuck, Did I miss something? I wasn't aware he was recruitable.
>>
>>377582590
Pretty solid, much, much better than Fates and Awakening.
>>
>>377582590
Pretty straight forward but they do a good job at fleshing everything out with character interactions. All the lines everybody gets, both in and out of battle, makes the journey rather comfy.
>>
>>377582751
>Fuck, Did I miss something? I wasn't aware he was recruitable.
Just talk to people. Like every most character you just talk to them and they join up.
>>
>>377582751
If you saved them on the one pirate base you enter and you recruit a knight, a merc, and an archer. They're probably there right now.
>>
>>377582751
>missing Python

I genuinely didnt think that was possible. He's back at the Deliverance hideout, you had to talk to him after beating that dungeon.
>>
>>377579727

Unless you grind like a bitch. You can't have Dread Fighter that soon.
>>
>>377550375

From what I gather, it doesn't have many of the features people have gotten used to in newer FE games.
>>
>>377582909
Like I said, I got 2 out of 3. Archer died. Kamui and Captain butt-chin were recruited and still kicking.
>>377582915
>After
I exhausted his dialog before going in and I assumed that was still true on the way out.
>>
>>377562784
I want to shag that sheep.
>>
I just picked up a devil axe, can dread fighters equip it or something?
>>
File: futaba6.jpg (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
futaba6.jpg
31KB, 400x400px
>>377582590
it's basically gaiden's but more fleshed out, what I have seen so far has given me hope in the future of the franchise after the trainwreck that was fates. making your avatar the MC was a mistake. also the game being fully voiced caught me off guard
>Celica shares VA with pic related and Saber shares VA with Shido
Celica's wasn't overly obvious, but I'm enjoying Saber's way too much, I'm dissapointed that his critical cut-in wasn't "Hmph. Die"
>>
>all these weapon evolutions
should I bother? or just upgrade the shit out of the royal sword or something.
>>
Is there any downside to Mila's Turnwheel in battle? It's a lot more convenient than resetting the map entirely and repeating the same steps when somebody dies. Casual? Maybe,
but I hardly care. It has limited uses per fight,
so just using it like savestate-scumming will end up with people too reliant on it getting hosed.
>>
>Fighting Greith
>Didn't realise I could recruit Palla and Catria already

Are they missable? I haven't rescued Est yet.
>>
File: 1431545608832.gif (3MB, 461x259px) Image search: [Google]
1431545608832.gif
3MB, 461x259px
>>377583269
>mfw I just heard Palla's voice for the first time
I now accept Alexis Tipton as our new Laura Bailey.
>>
>>377583471
There's a lot of really good shit in some evolution trees. The horsekiller lance turns into a fucking monstrous weapon so that one is actually worth it. Blessed weapons turn into Gradivus/Mercurius/Parthia. Rusted weapons can turn into good shit with gold coins. Darkness swords can turn into a fuckstrong, inaccurate killing edges with a weird name for their high cost forge, their low cost one just turns it into a brave sword which is still good. Silver Bows can turn into killer bows. Javelins turn into this janky 2-3 range spear (cant do shit at 1 range tho). I think thats about it for weapons that can be upgraded into something different. Of all of them I'd say the gold coin rusty ones, the high cost darkness sword, silver to killer bow and the horse killer are probably the best to upgrade. Blessed Weapons are great for terror killing but they lose that effect if they're upgraded to Regalia so do that at your own peril. You get a free Gradivus in the endgame dungeon anyways so definitely dont do the lance at the very least. Also upgrade Celica's personal weapon, that sword is solid.
>>
I'm at the point where I can choose between Deen or Sonya. Who should I choose? And to make sure I do it right, do I ignore the one I want to recruit, or go fight them?
>>
At what point should I be promoting units? Not counting villagers.
>>
>>377584407
They're both pretty good. Only reason I would recommend Sonya is because you get a sword later that doubles in mt when used by women, and the only other candidates besides her are Mae, Delthea and Celica, the latter of whom has a better prf sword and the 1st 2 have better potential when given certain rings. Sonya can make good use of it once promoted though. Deen is good by sole virtue of being a Dread Fighter. Up to you really. And yes, leave the one you want to recruit alone.
>>
>>377584407
Whomever you fight dies; the other will be chilling in the fort when you kill the bandit.I went with Sonya since I just got another merc and mages seem better overall so far.
>>
>>377584565
>>377584597

Thanks you two, Sonya it is then.
>>
>>377584187
sounds fun.
>>
COMMONERS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

FUCKING ALM
>>
>>377584536

Right away.
>>
>>377584875
Go home Fernando.
>>
>>377584875
Go home Fernand
>>
>>377585031
build wall
>>
File: Algus.jpg (11KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Algus.jpg
11KB, 320x320px
>>377585031
>>377585046
Animals have no gods!
>>
>Finally made it to the top of Duma Tower

That was painful.
>>
Is this game good for beginners?

I played Conquest but it was too hard so I gave up.

I'm torn between downloading Birthright, or just going and buying Awakening or Echoes.
>>
>>377585940
it's much easier, and the story is much better,
>>
>>377583269
>making your avatar the MC was a mistake

Honestly, I don't really get that. Ike was easily a bigger mary sue and got has ass kissed just as much. The real problem is the awful writing for ALL the characters in New Mystery, Awakening and Fates, Avatars only get the most hate because they are main characters.
>>
>>377567368
>Putting someone in a chokepoint
>When you can just lure them in and block their way with three characters in order to be more efficient while using the healer to move around freely and heal them
>>
>>377585961
Echoes?
>>
>>377586304
yes.
>>
>>377583176
Once you recruit Clive, you can recruit Forscyth and Python too.
>>
>Tfw my Merc Atlas is kicking major ass

Is he supposed to be this good? I thought Atlas was supposed to be bad.
Thread posts: 519
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.