[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain to me why people want Nintendo to go 3rd Party?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 11

File: mario.png (93KB, 330x550px) Image search: [Google]
mario.png
93KB, 330x550px
Can someone explain to me why people want Nintendo to go 3rd Party?
>>
Because they're like the Apple of vidya
>>
I want to play mario with an xbox controller in 1080p
I want smash bros to come out with official modding tools
I want to host my own mario kart dedicated server
>>
>>377546217
It's that many find them to make quality games but their focus on hardware gimmics and a lack of understanding online systems holds them back. Could also be just not wanting to have another device in their home.
>>
so i dont need to buy an otherwise useless console

are you saying you like buying consoles just for exclusives instead of playing them on PC?
>>
>>377546217
They think a third-party Nintendo will put their shit on a P!aystation, XBOX, or high-end PC.

Expect a lot of crying Wojaks when Nintendo instead does the completely unexpected (read: anyone not a console warring retard on 4chan) thing of going full mobile instead.
>>
Would people really like the idea of Mario on an Xbone 2 or PS5?
>>
>>377546887
Yeah. Hell yeah. Absolutely hell yeah. Wait, no, it wouldn't Feel Rightâ„¢ even though Nintendo would definitely produce their own Xbox/PS controllers too.
>>
>>377546887
Uh, why not? It's just a piece of hardware.
>>
Their games: Good for the most part
Their consoles: Absolute fucking garbage across the board to the point they aren't worth getting for the games
>>
What exactly is with Nintendo's adamancy with using weaker hardware. They have more than enough money.
>>
Some people don't want to shell out the money for overpriced, underpowered hardware. Personally, I'd just like to have all my games on one machine.

>>377547152
Keep in mind a few years ago even Iwata himself said their games wouldn't "feel right" on mobile.
>>
I'm tired of buying a new Mario mashine every 5 years which otherwise has nothing going for it but the Nintendo exclusives.

They could make billions by unloading their shit on sony and valve.
>>
File: 1491778528470.png (82KB, 385x362px) Image search: [Google]
1491778528470.png
82KB, 385x362px
>>377546217
same reason why pc users want a port of every console exclusive. why limit a good game to shitty hardware?
>>
>>377548918
They already make somewhat. While some of them hate money, there's a reason why companies don't try & do everything & instead remaining in their niche.
>>
>>377548918
I'm all for this sentiment, but really, the fact that you're buying them consistently proves why them going third party will never be necessary for business. It's not like their console business is a charity. They're clearly making damn good money with it that they no longer would be if they went third-party.
>>
>>377546217
Because people don't want to lose the console war by going idort for like 5 games tops.
>>
>>377549041
The fallacy with your logic is thinking PC users would buy third-party Nintendo games. No, they just want an easier way to pirate them, they have no intention on actually suppprting the developers. The only thing they (ironically enough) spend money on is a Patreon for an emulator so they can play Nintendo.
>>
>>377546217
I heard like years ago that argument: "I want zelda, but on playstation, I don't have a wii."
>>
>>377546217
Because everything Nintendo makes is shit unless it's on a non-Nintendo system, then it's awesome.
>>
>>377549242
>implying pcbros don't just pirate the emulator too
Any pcfag that actually pays for anything but his rig is a poseur at best.
>>
>>377546324
>I want smash bros to come out with official modding tools
>I want to host my own mario kart dedicated server
>implying any of these would happen
>>
>>377546759
To be honest, I'm dying for a good actual game on Android. I have a Pixel C tablet as my only mobile device (my phone is old as fuck, only use it for texting and music), I read manga and books and shit on the train every morning and evening (1 hour commute). I've been dying to get a real game that I can play in that off time but most of the ones I've tried are absolute shit.

I found Tales of the Rays which seems pretty good (Japanese only), but still it's full of gimmicky mobage crap. You need to have an active connection to log into the game which is bullshit, the wifi/data coverage on my commute is spotty as fuck and sometimes I can't play because they can't authenticate me.

I can play old console emulators, but I just want a brand new game without having to buy a DS/Switch/PSVita...
>>
>>377549242
I guess I was just hallucinating BotW's launch when all the Wii U owners were pirating the shit out of the game.
>>
>>377546759
This, or partners up with apple or something just as great.
>>
>>377546759
>>377549618
These
>>
>>377546217
So I can play their games without having to buy their consoles.
>>
>wanting nintendo to go third party.
Using dolphin is even better than playing on console and the netplay is almost perfect.
You don't need official support when the emulators are this good.
Just give it a year or two for the newer ones to catch up and you'll never need to buy a ninty console.

It's not like you absolutely need to play the games right now.
They'll still be there in the future and maybe you'll actually finish off some of your backlog in the meantime.
>>
>>377548803
Why doesn't Nintendo power up their hardware then?
>>
>>377550084
Yeah, no. Actual ports would run and look so much better. And some people will pay for Nintendo to cater to them.
>>
>>377546217
Because their software is the only reason people even bother with them. It would be nice if I could get their software without any strings attached (or systems in this case).
>>
File: it's all in the hat.png (617KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
it's all in the hat.png
617KB, 1280x800px
>>377546217
> Can someone explain to me why people want Nintendo to go 3rd Party?
Because as game developers, Nintendo puts out top quality games.
But as a corporation proper, Nintendo are a bunch of fucktards. They fail at building hardware, they fail at relationships with their community, they fail at providing adequate service to their customers and they fail at understanding legit criticism.

Nintendo is probably the definition of a "killer app" corporation - they succeed only because their software (i.e. games) is so damn good.

So if Nintendo drops making hardware and starts focusing on doing what it's actually good at (i.e. games), the game market will only win from it.
>>
>>377550153
>Nintendo power
Fuck I miss them.
>>
File: android games jpeg.jpg (2MB, 2399x2475px) Image search: [Google]
android games jpeg.jpg
2MB, 2399x2475px
>>377549587
> I'm dying for a good actual game on Android
ok
>>
Many first-party Nintendo games are incredible but their consoles are underpowered trash with awful 3rd party support.
>>
>>377546217
Because deep down they know Nintendo games are superior, but they refuse to buy a Nintendo console
>>
>>377550591
He said he wanted actual games.
Those are just android games.
>>
OP should have to explain why he thinks it's better for us if Nintendo remainst 1st party.
>>
>>377550661
>inb4 barneyfag
>>
>>377546217
Because they are literal homosexuals that have forgotten what happened to Sega.
>>
>>377550591
The only good "real" games I see in there are just ports of games I've already played. No thanks.

You can see it from miles if a game is a shitty mobage or if it's a good game. Most of the games have shitty microtransactions, pay extra coins to get extra "actions", share with frendz for extra credits etc etc... It's fucking cancer facebook games. The gameplay might be fun or addictive but everything around them is cancerous crap. I want a proper game with story, savegames, immersion, voice acting, proper non-mobage sound, etc etc

There might be a few gems here and there but all in all, Android (and iOS for what matters) is crap even though it could be so much more.
>>
>>377550830
Sega brought Bayo and Vanquish to PC. They're this year's most based publisher if you ask me.
>>
>>377550924
Sega used to be the best developer/publisher in all of gaming, shortly after they went 3rd party they fell the fuck off.
>>
>>377546445
This is the more logical answer.

For me, I'm thinking some people think that them going 3rd party may make them go for their lesser IP's in an attempt to make more money.
>>
>>377546217
You mean aside from the fact they sell subpar hardware for extremely high prices?
Take my New 3ds XL for example:
>Back-plate chipping problem
>sd card reader likes to fuck up and I have to open it up to get to it
>Battery is just plain poor quality, leave the system off for a few days after a full charge and the battery is back at 0.
>>
>>377550153
they tried that with the N64 and Gamecube, didn't work
>>
File: 1458022990933.jpg (47KB, 228x247px) Image search: [Google]
1458022990933.jpg
47KB, 228x247px
>>377546324
>Dedicated servers
>In 2017
You're getting servers put up by the publisher and you're going to like it, or else you're an "entitled manbaby".
>>
>>377551316
That's because of their use of cartridges and tiny disc. Do they fear if they just use the same format of Ps4 and Xbone they'd lose their identity?
>>
>>377546217

Nintendo would do just fine third party. They would sell many more games. Their popularity would increase. Nobody wants to buy a console for a handful of games. This really is the right decision for them.
>>
>>377551316
Gamecube actually had some parts of hardware superior to the rest. Doesn't help.
>>
>>377546217
Because I want my kid to have good games to play too and I don't wanna buy two consoles.
>>
>>377551514
I know that, but to continue the story, the introduced the Wii which sold like hotcake, that's when it really started, that Nintendo hardware is underpowered
>>
>>377546217
The funny thing is that we'll see Sony or Microsoft stop producing consoles before Nintendo will.
>>
>>377550380
Donkey Kong country returns looks better on my PC than dong freeze does on my Wii u
>>
>>377551937
what does that have to do with my post, dummy
>>
>>377546217
Because so many people are unoriginal and boring fucks that want to get rid of innovation in vidya
>>
>>377551514
>Do they fear if they just use the same format of Ps4 and Xbone they'd lose their identity?
No, they just don't see a reason to risk it if it won't work. DS was a few million away from being the best selling console of all time, the Wii bought Nintendo home consoles back into everyone's homes and the 3DS outsold the PS4 despite competing with smart phones its entire life. So far, the only gimmicky console that was a flop was the Wii U, while out of their last three 'regular' consoles (four if you want to count the Game Boy Micro), only one did anything above mediocre.
>>
Nintendo's best games are first party. People buy Nintendo consoles for their first party titles.

Them being on another, better console would be the best of both worlds.
>>
>>377552030
It already looks and runs better on PC you mong. Even an older game
>>
>>377551810
Microsoft; yeah probably
Sony; I doubt that
>>
>>377552232
Sony is at risk because them subsidizing the rest of the company means they run the risk of running out of capital needed to sustain a launch.
>>
>>377551534
Spotted : Retard
>>
>>377546217
>Has good games
>makes shit consoles
its simple
>>
>>377552224
a PC port would look better than an emulated version
no shit both look better than original hardware

nigga you are dense
>>
>>377546217
so I don't need to buy their weak overpriced consoles and wait years for exploits to mod the console to pirate their games.
>>
If Nintendo did go third party but still wanted some new gimmick controller or device, could they actually do it or would Sony or Microsoft have final word?
>>
>>377552658
As long as they get a cut they wouldn't care.
>>
>>377552362
You really think the original assets would look significantly better in a port when they are already better on the original disc and then emulated? Dolphin already optimizes based on game and there are fan projects to update textures and add mods. Ports won't do that much, and will just result in more piracy
>>
>>377552831
yes because there are plenty of settings emulator's can't tweak even disregarding graphical glitches
>Ports won't do that much, and will just result in more piracy
oh I see so that's why developers port things to steam
>>
>>377549242
If they dont make a shit game it will sell you retard
>>
>>377552724
That doesn't answer the question, it would be up to Sony and Microsoft.
>>
>>377552976
What settings and glitches, specifically? The dolphin team spent years to get star wars clone wars working. They can tweak anything.

And pc ports, via steam or not, invite piracy. Not sure how you can even argue that
>>
>>377554014
I'm thinking of newer games ala CEMU and the 3DS
>And pc ports, via steam or not, invite piracy. Not sure how you can even argue that
Yes. You are right. They also invite sales. More sales are made than sales are lost. That's why people bother in the first place with PC ports. You don't think these publisher giants such as EA and Ubisoft don't employ big market researchers to crunch these numbers?
>>
>>377553979
"Them" meant Sony and Microsoft
>>
File: IMG_0988.png (113KB, 250x174px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0988.png
113KB, 250x174px
But they already did.
>>
>>377546217
Pure spite from sonybros, pcfags, and people who never liked nintendo games, they just wan to see them die so playstation or pcs become the only way to play vidya.
in other words: console wars
>>
>>377554492

Oh you!
>>
File: Mario_Party_Boxart_(Front).jpg (595KB, 1249x863px) Image search: [Google]
Mario_Party_Boxart_(Front).jpg
595KB, 1249x863px
>>377554492
They did twice actually.
>>
>>377549587
This a little, I hate the DS family hardware wise but there are a lot of games I would buy on it. Two screens gimmick was always shite.
>>
Hey, NintendoFags. If you care so much about the gameplay over most other things, why do you get mad when people suggest Nintendo go third party? If it's truly about the gameplay than you all should be fine with playing on PS4 or PC where you can get the best performance, right?
>>
>>377549242
The thread directly below this one is about pirating 3DS game senpai. It's not exactly difficult to pirate Nintendo games, third-party or not.
>>
ITT people think that nintendo would retain half of it's software output if they stopped producing hardware, when they don't realize a lot of software is made at a loss, so that it helps attract people to make hardware.
>>
>>377556808
The software's made at a loss because no one buys the hardware because the hardware is dinky and has no third party gaems lol
>>
File: cemu botw.jpg (709KB, 1920x2157px) Image search: [Google]
cemu botw.jpg
709KB, 1920x2157px
>>377546217
because their hardware is always gimmicky garbage

BOTW looks like dogshit, it looks so much better emulated. it's not even just a matter of pixel count but aesthetically. BOTW on Nintendo hardware is a pixelated, washed out mess. on CEMU it's buttery smooth and you can filter it so it actually has color!
>>
>>377546217
because their hardware has been outdated terribly gimmicky shit that even most developers have hated working with since the original Wii.

They have good IPs but horrendous hardware and even worse business practices.
>>
>>377546217
Because retards think it would happen without serious down-sizing. They think they'd be getting Nintendo's vast catalog of original IPs and not just a Mario game every 3 years.
>>
I want Nintendo's penchant for good game design to be matched with more powerful hardware, their games are pretty good underneath all the gimmicks they try to shoehorn into them
>>
>>377546217
Because I want to play good games that are not on a garbage console.
>>
I just want to fucking play a new zelda game by pressing buttons, not gimmick shit that'll be dated by the next generation
>>
>>377558973
So BotW?
>>
Their hardware is underpowered and overpriced.
>>
>>377546217
Because I want to play splatoon on steam for better connection anf graphics
>>
>>377546217
In a fantasy world I would love Nintendo to go 3rd party so I can play great Nintendo games without buying their shitty hardware. In reality if Nintendo ever does go third party it's going to be all mobile shit.

The truth of the matter is every aspect of life is just meant to be shit for the most part.
>>
>>377559816
If so many people think they have shitty hardware, I'm not seeing why they won't change it. Unless of course they know more than us.
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.