[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About to play Penumbra Overture, what am I in for /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170520_231204777.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170520_231204777.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
About to play Penumbra Overture, what am I in for /v/?
>>
>>377546185
It's great
especially the last 20 minutes
>>
>>377546185
>good ideas badly implemented
>good old puzzles that are not for the braindead
>red
>>
dogs
>>
DUDE
>>
>>377546185
naked mutant alien guys
>>
>>377547382
That's black plague isn't it?
>>
>>377546185
Too scary for me, but it's neat if you can handle that kind of thing. The only combat iirc involves dogs.

The sequel removes all combat and has more stealth elements, so I especially can't handle that. I just happened to watch Cloud8745's playthrough many moons ago
>>
>>377546185
some scary shit make sure you play it at night or you'll ruin the experience dude
>>
>>377546185
poor old Red...
>>
>>377546185
>Top notch atmosphere.
>Rough graphics but good aesthetics
>Intriguing location backstory.
>Finnicky but workable physics.
>Shit combat but doesn't feel quite as rough when you get the hang of it (dogs are invincible between knocking them down and a split second after they fully stand up, gotta get the timing right).
>Good puzzles.
>Red getting in your brainflesh.

Whatever you do don't let the dogs run away after you hit them - among the beasts a friend in need is a chance to feed.
You can't eat beef jerky, but other things love it.
Remember critters that scuttle in the dark will not embrace a flash of light.
When you find Red's living space take a good look around, shit is tragic.

Great game, terribly overlooked and underrated.
>>
the Worm
>>
>>377549335
this
>>
File: 1490941524949.png (413KB, 464x700px) Image search: [Google]
1490941524949.png
413KB, 464x700px
>>377547680
LMAO
>>
>>377549335
>They couldn't figure out how to fix the combat so they just removed it
It actually worked okay
>>
>>377546185
>overture
I feel that's the worst pf the 3. Those dogs are super annoying. The rest of the games are good tho, even tho the third one is just a bunch of puzzle rooms lazily put together.
>>
>>377547627
I have really good blinds so my room gets pretty dark even in the day. Is there a continuity or can I ply black plague before this?
>>
>>377552193
Yes, there is a continuity. Black Plague picks right where Overture ends. Think of them more like episodes, since they are so short anyways.
>>
>>377546185
The sequel is better
>>
>>377552098
>play Black Plague
>no combat mechanics
>not even shitty ones
>still tried to fight the monster you get trapped in the computer room with
>Phil can't throw heavier stuff for shit
>throwing books does fuck all
>give up and trap monster
>forever feel the shame of failure
>sudoku.gif
>>
>>377552661
>trap monster
How the fuck did you manage that? They push through everything
>>
>>377552765
I think it's the server room, you lure it in, dash out and hit the switch. Door closes and it tries to break out but can't.
>>
DUDE
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.