[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Play old Yu-Gi-Oh vidya from early 2000s >Opponents actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: yugioh-art.jpg (641KB, 1097x1098px) Image search: [Google]
yugioh-art.jpg
641KB, 1097x1098px
>Play old Yu-Gi-Oh vidya from early 2000s
>Opponents actually using normal monsters
>Stuff like Trap Hole and Man-Eater Bug are staple cards
>Almost all monster effects are only 2-3 sentences long
>Fusions/Rituals are barely used
>Most effective Spells/Traps are cards that just destroy monsters
>>
Those were the days
>>
>The grind in yugioh power of chaos
>>
there's nothing wrong with complex card effects
it's just that modern day YGO is something only a fucking lawyer could properly decipher

last time I played I spent literally and hour arguing with a guy on how a card work due to it's vague nature. by the time we agreed how it worked I was exhausted and gave up
>>
As a kid I played and watched yu gi oh but I dropped it at the beginning of season 2. Should I leave it that way?
>>
>>377543428
Season 2 anime is good
But the card game has been too fucking crazy ever since E-Dragon format, and it's gotten way more complex since then.
>>
>>377543379
You didn't just look up how it worked or asked a judge?
>>
>>377543428
The Game got better, even though it has his own problems as any card game has. The game was too simple for some people so they had to make it more fancy to keep the playerbase. Sadly for people that are not into card games, they don't like it.

If you want to come back don't play from a nostalgia point because you are going to hate it really fast. That's were most people fail. Just learn the mechanics and enjoy a new game for you.

For the anime, it's hard and it depends from the taste. The problem with the seasons is that because they are toy commercials, sometimes they start good and then they can drop on quality or vice versa. The most recent case was Arc-V where everyone was fucking hyped and then the show drop the ball so hard that is considered one of the worst Yugioh seasons ever.

Shows that start good and at the final they end ok or awfull
5D's
Arc V

Shows that start bad or ok and end good or awesome
GX
Zexal

Vrains just started so it's hard to tell.

Also avoid the american adaptations of the shows, they are too butchered and you might miss a lot of the stuff.
>>
>>377544730
I'm into card games and I used to like yugioh, but by the point of 5DS I was DONE. Just went fucking haywire from that point on. I tried getting back into it, but I couldn't shake the feeling it was stupidly, needlessly complex now
>>
>>377545762
Is not that complex honestly, it's more hard or fancy, but the difficult is not that high. It's still a child card game. I think the only way it can be complex is if you face a good opponent.

Yeah Konami fucked up a few times and still and KoA is worse, but like other japanese card games, they introduce new mechanics when they feel it and it doesn't make the game more harder.
>>
File: ygodotr.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
ygodotr.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
So what are the best old school Yugioh games that you can actually play? I've played Forbidden Memories and Duelist of the Roses but those games were impossible.
>>
>>377547379
Power of Chaos
>>
>>377543428
In my experience

>the original DM is pretty good, but the original manga it's based off of is a lot better
>GX starts goofy and episodic, but is pretty fun in that, and progressively gets more into a serious ongoing plot and by the third season gets really great
>5D's starts of fantastic and is the best the anime has to offer up until the first major villain is defeated, then the show enters filler hell and regardless of what came between only really recovers any quality in the final fifth where it still isn't as good as it started
>ZEXAL has an MC that many find annoying, an outright awful regular supporting cast, and a big hang on a "monster of the week" formula for the first, second, and fourth sixths, but when the show focuses on its overarching plot the quality improves greatly and the majority of rivals and antagonists are very likable or entertaining characters
>ARC-V's first fifty episodes are bolstered by lots and lots of setup for a grander story and a very likable cast, but then in the next fifty they drag their feet for too long and underuse many characters, and the final fifty episodes are an outright rushed trainwreck thanks to tons of production issues
>>
>>377543232
That's why I like Duel Links.
I keeps all of the over-complicated bullshit out.
>>
>>377549349
VRAINS is shilling the shit out of Duel Links so prepare for Link Monsters to show up.
>>
>>377549349
People datamined Duel Links and they found Syncro, Xyz and Pendulum icons.

Also the last YGO 3ds uses the Duel Link format too.
>>
What is the best YGO game? Last one I played was called 2004 Champions or something.
>>
>>377549886
Tag Force Special on PSP has the most up to date cardlist without having microtransactions.
>>
>>377543232
OG Yu-Gi-Oh was comfy
New shit sux
>>
>>377547379
world championship 2006
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.