[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have they ever made a bad game? WILL THEY ever make a bad game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: 765114.png (45KB, 390x378px) Image search: [Google]
765114.png
45KB, 390x378px
Have they ever made a bad game?

WILL THEY ever make a bad game?
>>
>>377541617
GTA IV was pretty shit tbqh

Story was meh and gameplay also meh

/v/ will defend this game bcause they only defend shit games
>>
>>377541705
>Implying it was worse than Table Tennis
>>
>>377541705
GTAIV there's an argument to be made but it's clear they were going for something more vicerally "real" than they were for the good gameplay of GTAV
>>
GTA V has so many retarded design decisions I call it a bad game.
>>
>>377541774
was Table Tennis bad?
>>
GTA V was really mediocre
>>
>>377541839
Such as?
>>
They did, Liberty City Stories. Also, don't remember if they were responsible for GTA on GBC
>>
>>377541839
Are you talking about singleplayer or online?
>>
File: 1423074225594.png (3KB, 186x186px) Image search: [Google]
1423074225594.png
3KB, 186x186px
>>377542050
>LCS
>bad game
>>
>>377541705
it wasn't that bad, but you're just baiting so you already know that.
>>
GTA IV, State of Emergency, Manhunt, Max Payne 3
>>
>>377542183
Fuck you Max Payne 3 was great
>>
Just coming in early to this thread to say that if anyone dare mention LA Noire, you're subjectively incorrect
>>
They did. GTAIV was supposed to be their piece de resistance, it ended up taking itself way too seriously and wasn't fun at all. SR2 > GTAIV.
>>
>>377542050
LCS is better than GTA 3
>>
>>377542031
scripted out the ass everything
>>
>>377542392
Such as?
>>
>>377542031
Like blocking BAWSAQ behind Social Club, even in single player.
Like making it possible to completely lose a car you paid several hundred thousands of in-game cash on.
Like not letting you replace the default vehicles with better ones.
Like requiring you to tap the X button to run at least this isn't a problem on pc
etc. etc.
>>377542102
As far as I know, Online is usually referred to as GTAO, no?
>>
>>377542031
Not that guy but...

>still heavily scripted missions that allow no freedom
>pretty much no use for the three player character system or any creative uses in missions
>pointless stat leveling up for characters
>only 6 heists, and only on 3 or so you can pick and level up assistants, it makes no sense to level them up
>you have so much money that you can buy bazookas and grenade launchers which makes every shooting mission trivial
>retarded story with 2 forced endings and one where they remember they are fucking sociopaths and just kill everyone like they should at the start

These are just a few. Game is heavily flawed. Wouldn't call it bad, just disappointing.
>>
>>377542282
I can't call that a good game after they pretty much said "fuck you" to the player with the story.
>>
>>377542139
>>377542378
my opinion is objectively correct, sorry
>>
>>377542392
GTA IV is the one with that problem. If you're in a car chase you can't do anything to make them go off-course, you have to wait for them to crash or whatever.
>>
>>377542282
They're wrong because it was only published by Rockstar with some support from their internal studios. Also, I liked LA Noire but there was a lot wrong with it.
>>
>>377542330
GTAIV wasn't trying to be fun.
>>
>>377542421
forced character switching
>>377542569
5 does this 10 times more
>>
https://youtu.be/mlwQGghew-M?t=430
>V bootlickers WILL defend this
>>
>>377542504
>retarded story with 2 forced endings and one where they remember they are fucking sociopaths and just kill everyone like they should at the start

I really liked GTA V but I agree with this. They hadn't fleshed out the story and characters enough to give Franklin a reason to kill Michael or Trevor other than "it's annoying that they hate each other". Plus if given the choice of killing one of them or killing all the annoying cunts that have fucked with you all game, why would he or the player go with the former? It feels like it exists because they wanted drama and an element of choice.
>>
Can any other studio produce actually good writing?
>>
>>377543729
Obsidian
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.