[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: Alien_Isolation.jpg (18KB, 250x288px) Image search: [Google]
Alien_Isolation.jpg
18KB, 250x288px
What went so right?
>>
>>377536000
alien horror game, what the fuck couldn't go right
>>
>>377536000
They went with stealth mechanics instead of doing a FPS
>>
>>377536082
The latest movies lol
>>
>>377536000
Nothing the game is shit, no matter how hard you try to shill it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOrphBFlDsg
>>
File: 1412875129209.png (229KB, 413x413px) Image search: [Google]
1412875129209.png
229KB, 413x413px
>>377536368
>"shilling" a game 3 years after it came out
Kill yourself
>>
>>377536000
>genuine love for the source material
>Painstakingly recreated the aesthetic and tone of the original film, and NOTHING ELSE from the franchise
>Amazing ayy lmao AI
>focus on hiding and stealth, making you feel powerless rather than rooty tooty point n shooty of most alien games

it's not a flawless game, that three hour segment where you're fighting nothing but robots is a fucking bore, but other than that it's the best Alien game out there
>>
>>377536368
RedletterMedia is and always has been shit
>>
>>377536082
>What is every other alien game
>>
I only disliked the part where we're on the Alien nest. I could see the dread and adrenaline of roaming about an empty spaceship and not knowing when the Alien would show up, but being there in the next was a complete shark jumping moment imo.
>>
>>377537458
>that three hour segment where you're fighting nothing but robots is a fucking bore

I actually like that part because you get to go guns blazing for a while and start to feel powerful. Then they reintroduce the aliens and make you feel powerless again.
>>
Everything except for sales
>>
>>377536000
I loved the first half of it, but the introduction of the flamethrower kind of killed it for me.
>>
Every time I see a thread for this game I'm surprised nobody mentions that it has zero vertical movement, and that even tiny obstacles that any human being could easily circumvent are instead complete and total barriers
>>
>>377537458
Agreed. That only robots section was so annoying that I quit the game for almost two weeks, had to force myself back to get through that bit. Glad I did but man, that was a fucking drag.
>>
>>377536368

Hey this game was pretty fun
>it's shit
Yeah but it was actually a decent Alien game after the colossal turd that was Colonial Marines
>nope, it's shit.
What are you even basing this on?
>stop shilling
Shilling? This game is 3 years old...
>b-but it's shit...

Never change, /v/
>>
>>377539065
It never really became an issue in the game, for me at least
>>
>>377538837
2 aliens roaming was spooky
>>
The production values are insane
>>
Still haven't beaten it. Got bored after shuttling out the first alien. Is there more of them? I might go back and play if so.
>>
>>377536368
>aidsmoby and fat fucking loser.
Hmmm...
>>
>>377536000
No guns.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>377541478
what?

>>377541159
yes
>>
>>377541478
But it did have guns? They just weren't effective against the xenomorph
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.