[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what game (if any) do you actually prefer to play with this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: steam_under_thumb_edited.jpg (42KB, 620x500px) Image search: [Google]
steam_under_thumb_edited.jpg
42KB, 620x500px
what game (if any) do you actually prefer to play with this?
>>
>>377534431
RE4. That's pretty much it.
>>
>>377534431
I emulated THUG with it
>>
>>377534431
Windows OS
>>
File: 0.jpg (102KB, 500x706px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
102KB, 500x706px
Borderlands, or any singleplayer shooter
>>
None, DS4 is better in every way and still can do mouse stuff with the touchpad (or use it as 3 extra buttons/bindings)
>>
>>377534431

Actualy played though Nier Automata with this, was pretty cool, just make the right pad fire when you click as well as switch to the Joystick Move setup and the twin stick segments work pretty well.

Made the left trigger enable gryo for aiming when I fire too.
>>
>>377535019
how do you use the touchpad as 3 buttons?
>>
>>377534431
Fps and twin stick shooters
>>
None. I just use it as a wireless keyboard and mouse to watch shit on my TV and shitpost in bed.
>>
>>377535019

hahaha
DS4 is for anal masturbation
gtfo
>>
MGSV was pretty good with it.
>>
>>377534431
I'v used it to play REmake, not much else though. Tried to play Nier Automata with it and contracted cancer.
>>
>>377534431

* Emulators and 2D Platformmers - For SNES, NES, and GBA emulators, turn up haptics on d-pad and turn of requiring click. It makes the d-pad feel more like buttons and it's satisfying to use.

* Any third person games (e.g. Dark Souls, GTA V). - Turn up joystick sensitivity. You have more control over the camera.

* Games with no or limited controller support like Hitman Blood Money.

FPS and RTS are best with mouse and keyboard obviously. Fighting games are pretty trash with the steam controller.
>>
>>377538312
it doesnt even have a proper d-pad, how can it be good for emulators?
>>
>>377538947

I don't know what a "proper" d-pad means. But it works wonderfully. I mainly play SNES and GBA games. I got the steam controller from a friend after my old 360 controller died.

There is a slight learning curve. I got use to it after playing 30 minutes of mario bros. It feels more comfortable to me than my old 360 controller.
>>
>>377534431

For god's sake /v/. Xpadder and Xbox one controller. I can even play fucking WoW with it with NO addons assisting me. Not in any top guilds, but I usually top charts HEALING (yes, healing) when pugging.
>>
>>377534431
Guildwars 2 to the point that I can't go back now.
>>
>>377538947
Jeeze dave
>>
>>377538947
I think this is a weird case of 1 + 1 = 3 logic
When the left and right zones can be mapped as anything, and they both support haptics, they can always act as buttons.
So you got dpads or whatever you want.
>>
>>377538947
No proper D-Pad is probably better than the Switch Pro controller at least.
That damn thing's D-Pad is so sensitive on diagonal inputs that its impossible to use if you are playing any platforming game that assigns an action to up or down.
>>
>>377544213
unfortunate to hear, nintendo are usually good with dpads

360 is the worst dpad I've ever used (after touch screens)
>>
I play Overwatchwith it, as well as Risk of Rain. Also played Legend of Korra and when I played it, TF2.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.