[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /v/. Should I end up using PS2 emulator for FFX or just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: ffx.jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
ffx.jpg
10KB, 259x194px
Alright /v/. Should I end up using PS2 emulator for FFX or just sack up and buy the remaster on steam. I heard the remaster actually ended up looking worse and that it ended up being a remaster of the grind fest of the jap version. I also have no intention of playing Charlie's Angels: The Anime: The Game
>>
>>377534242
Playing remaster right this second on PS4.

Looks worse for sure and the remastered soundtrack is pretty hit or miss.

I'm assuming you've beat the games before by your tone and all in all it's a pretty shitty port, i'd say you could just pirate ps2 version the only possible "positive" i can think of with remaster is Trophy/chievo support and depending on who you are that will probably inform your decision.
>>
OP it doesn't look worse, the face animations are just a bit generic. But it unquestionably looks better and plays better.

The Japanese version is the superior version because it has shit-tons of new content that is OPTIONAL.
>>
>>377534586
I was actually just looking for a more modern texture for it since I havent played them since like 2008. Thats a shame they didn't just keep the soundtrack.
>>
Character models look noticeably worse, but that's about it for me. For a game that is mostly menus, I prefer to have nice modern-res menus that the HD version provides.
>>
>>377534738
other than dark aeons what additional content is offered?
>>
>>377534586
It is ridiculous to call this a shitty port. It has flaws, but it's not a bad port at all.
>>
>>377534242
PS2 emulator is the best way to play it, although it has the bug where Auron runs infinitely when using shooting star
>>
File: 1422079924105.jpg (285KB, 850x1202px) Image search: [Google]
1422079924105.jpg
285KB, 850x1202px
>>377534242
Remaster doesn't look worse, the only graphic stuff that looks bad are the new faces, tidus looks like a potato woman but to be fair half the new faces look decent, the other half dissapointing, however, you adapt pretty quickly, the first 20 minutes I was kind of mad but then I quickly got used to it, doesn't make a difference later unless you are a turbo autism lord

Also the soundtrack IS worse, you better choose original soundtrack or else you'll regret it
>>
>>377535146
>regret
I got to the part where you fight zombie Seymour and was immediately disappointed in the music. I had to turn off the game it was awful remaster.
>>
>>377535146
The remaster almost certainly looks worse if you use all the postprocess shit they put in. Even without, they did that stupid thing where "higher quality" just means higher resolution with more noise/contrast so everything just ends up looking like a mess.
>>
>>377535146
oh so theres an option between the original soundtrack and the updated one?
>>
>>377535489
this is embarrassing for you, and doesn't really say anything about the game desu
>>
>>377535779
there is yeah
>>
File: 1493504078436.png (619KB, 802x1672px) Image search: [Google]
1493504078436.png
619KB, 802x1672px
>>377534242
Just get the remaster. Honestly the problem of getting ability sheres in the original is not worth the pain and suffering. The remaster fixes it by giving wakka an ability to get ability spheres pretty early on.
>>
>>377534242
>I heard the remaster actually ended up looking worse
>heard
>looking
Why don't you just go and watch some fucking footage and decide? Do you need people to tell you if something looks good or not?

>a remaster of the grind fest of the jap version
I've played the amreican version of the old one, and it was a grindfest. JRPGs of that time are grindfests. Why do you even want to play it if you got a porblem with grinding?
>>
some new tracks are good. some are just downright awful like challenge and blitz off
>>
>>377534242
Just pirate it. If you're gonna emulate it, might as well download the prettier version. It's not like money is going to the devs either way.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.