[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good hoarding simulators

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: fallout 4.jpg (45KB, 355x500px) Image search: [Google]
fallout 4.jpg
45KB, 355x500px
Billions of clutters, and you can pick them all. Half of the junks in FO3 and NV are useless, but here, you can turn them all into valuable stuff. Any other hoarding games out there that did it right?
>>
File: 1118717395250.jpg (76KB, 640x795px) Image search: [Google]
1118717395250.jpg
76KB, 640x795px
>game lets you hoard items
>has max carry limit

>game lets your hoard items
>most have no worthwhile use

>they are all too precious to waste, so you never use them
>>
>Fallout 4
>Doing anything right

I was holding off on killing my self for this game and I quit after 20 or so hours. I beat the main game twice with two different builds and it was the least amount of fun I've had in a game since Fable 3.

If TES6 is just as bad, I'll really kms this time
>>
>>377528734
>has max carry limit
Resident Evil series
Most RPGs

>game lets your hoard items
>most have no worthwhile use
All previous TES games and FO3 and NV

>they are all too precious to waste, so you never use them
BOTW
>>
>>377528504
>Half of the junks in NV are useless
>you didn't loot all the mugs, tin cans, clipboards, and pencils and process them in The Sink.
>>
>>377528734
>has max carry limit
Use the console commands.

>player.setav maxcarryweight 15000

>>377528813
Elaborate?

>inb4 muh lore
>inb4 muh dialogue
>inb4 muh quest
>inb4 muh choices
>>
>>377528504
try the toilet
>>
>>377529102
There are still like a hundred more variations. Glasses, cups, forks, human meat, etc. Also, the way NV handled it made you too picky.
>>
>>377529229
>Elaborate?
In addition to what you added for me...
It was just so boring, overall. Most weapons are pipe weapons, perks suck and don't change much, stealth is non-existent, quests are repetitive and boring, the whole game just isn't that interesting and I wanted to kill more people than I wanted to help because they're so unlikable.
>>
>>377528504
Prey.
New Sci Fi Immersive Sim (Like Deus Ex, system Shock) allows you to gather almost everything that isn't bolted down.
Sci Fi Recycling system allows you to turn half-finished cigars, cans of soda and some crumpled paper into extra bullets.
One of the grenades will 'recycle' everything it damages into raw materials, so you can even start hoarding the desk chairs, speakers, corpses, trash cans...
>>
>>377529432
nah, OWB gives a use for all that stuff. glasses, plates, all that shit is trashed by Muggy to make useful things like wonderglue and empty synergies
human meat is a food item you can eat for health. it is rather sad you can't make that into strange meat pies but eh.

personally, I don't like the way NV and 4 did it. it means every time I go anywhere I have to pick up literally everything or else I will just have to come back later and do it. so every dungeon consists of me having to travel to my house several times to get all the loot out of the dungeon

ARPGs got it right, you can carry tons of loot and all venders have infinite gold. fucking having to make 4 trips just to get all your shit and then travel to every merchant in the land just because they're all poor as fuck.
you'd think Fallout games would be the best scrounging simulators out there.
in reality, they're the worst, most tedious ones.
>>
>>377529474
They could use a few more guns, but that's not the problem. Stalker has less weapon and activity variations, yet fanboys praise it like it's the best shit ever. As for the perks, I don't care much about how good or shit they are, I only level up to bloat my hp.
>>
>>377528504
My favorite thing to do in fallout 3 and nv was to collect unique shit and decorate my house with it but fallout 4 wont even let me do that.
Fallout 4 has no unique items like action Lincoln, bit of your brain, ect. Also almost all unique weapons are not only awful but they also just use the same model as the normal weapon.
>>
This game worth $30CAD? I desperately need a new game and I ain't shelling out $90 for Yakuza or Persona.
>>
>>377528504
The Long Dark is almost a perfect hoarding sim.

> anything you choose not to collect means you do not live through the night down the line.
>>
>>377530089
This.
the funnest thing in NV and 3, especially 3, was finding the unique variants of weapons and armors or just unique items and pain painstakingly placing them around your house

4 ruined all of that.
>>
>>377529832
>glasses
No, only coffe mugs.

>every time I go anywhere I have to pick up literally everything or else I will just have to come back later and do it
I use respawning mods, so I can go or come back anywhere whenever I'm in the mood.

>poor as fuck
I mostly use my loots for building materials. And you can install merchant money mod to give them infinite gold if you want to.

>you'd think Fallout games would be the best scrounging simulators out there.
What other game has billions of clutters that are very real life-like?
>>
File: Ratslayercropped.png (431KB, 2000x576px) Image search: [Google]
Ratslayercropped.png
431KB, 2000x576px
I'd rather have proper unique weapons to find rather than having to collect a million dinner trays so I can upgrade my shitty hunting rifle to be a bit less shit
>>
>>377530413
>>377530558
Yeah, I missed that too, though it's preferable to have both. Legendary guns in FO4 suck. Though you could open up geck and modify their specs to exceed crafted guns.
>>
>>377530089
>My favorite thing to do in fallout 3 and nv was to collect unique shit and decorate my house with it but fallout 4 wont even let me do that.

I thought you were gonna say because anything you place on a shelf falls through when you reload the area whether through fast travel or loading a save.
>>
>>377530493
>What other game has billions of clutters that are very real life-like?
none
and yet fallout it still doesn't do it right. maybe it's the lack of needing to eat food/the abundance of food that hinders it. never feel like I'm actually scourging to survive. just looking through the big bins at the supermarket for what useful shit they have.
>>
>>377530787
I miss Morrowind where there was no physics and you practically handplaced stuff straight from the menu
>>
>>377528504
Witcher 3, since all crafting mats are weightless. you can get to the point where the inventory screen lags when you have so much shit (as I did after a 100% completion, autism fueled loot everything 200hr+ playthrough)
>>
>>377531209
IIRC materials weren't weightless at launch, they patched that shit later after tons of complaints. launch didn't even have any storage you could dump your shit
>>
>>377531209
>200hr+ playthrough
Why is it so long?
>>
>>377530904
I do think the game lacks the ability of processing food items into organic components to make them more useful.

>>377530913
But Morrowind's items clip through each other though. Decorating was definitely superior, but looting was horrible.

>>377531209
Witcher 3 is an inferior ripoff of Gothic 2, and I hate third person view and the combat, but the hoarding was fine I guess, for that same reason.
>>
>>377531325
they patched it relatively quickly since that would have been my second play through I did 3 months after release
>>377531483
because like I said autism fueled 100% completion. they really did put that much content in there. the DLCs are amazing and lengthy.
>>
>>377528813
So why haven't you killed yourself then yet?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.