[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much shit taste do you have to have to think this game is bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 21

File: 617KGDMNTXL.jpg (69KB, 353x500px) Image search: [Google]
617KGDMNTXL.jpg
69KB, 353x500px
How much shit taste do you have to have to think this game is bad?
>>
if you've ever played a better 3d platformer , you should know its bad.

im guessing you never played mario 64, you dumb pile of rocks
>>
A fuckton, SA2 was great
>>
>>377523229
I did play mario 64, you're just a delusional piece of shit
>>
>>377523229
Mario 64 was awful too, you're just baiting. I at least ENJOYED sa2, mario 64 always felt like a fucking chore.
>>
>>377523425
This, mario 64 sucked desu.

Honestly I preferred SA1 to SA2 but SA2 was still better than mario 64
>>
>>377523425
>>377522498

Weaponized autism.
>>
All Sonic games are bad.
>>
>>377523723
>autism abloobloo
Fuck off nintenbro.
>>
>>377522498
You'd have to be delusional to think it's anything above mediocre. Some of the Sonic and Shadow levels are fun despite the glitches and jank but everything else is awful
>>
File: 1295124880754.jpg (57KB, 297x358px) Image search: [Google]
1295124880754.jpg
57KB, 297x358px
>>377523425
>I at least ENJOYED sa2, mario 64 always felt like a fucking chore.
>doing more than holding forward and pressing A for homing attacks felt like a chore

It's okay, anon. I thought Sonic was pretty badass too when I was in third grade.
>>
>>377523425
>>377523551
Mario 64 didnt suck
But it did have much less than SA2 admittedly.
I really cant think of anything it did begter really
SA2 has way more fun levels and gameplay
Better music
Better story
Better characters
>>
Eggman/Tails drag the entire game down
>>
>>377523229
Nigga, I'm a 3D platformer connoisseur. I've played every 3D Mario, Sonic, Banjo, Crash, Spyro, Jak, and Sly Cooper. Only franchises I haven't dabbled in are Ratchet & Clank, Rayman, and Croc.

SA2's still my favorite.
Tooie and Mario 64 come close though
>>
>>377523987
you are just retarded then. its ok, i dont hate you as a person, I just accept your brain is broken
>>
>>377523987
i think that you'd like rayman 3, it's one of the gamecube/PS2's most underrated platformers.
>>
>>377522498
how bad of taste do you have to think it's good? it's alright. the mech levels make me want to throw away my console.
>>
>>377524409
really? i never gave a shit about the mech stages and thought that they were pretty solid. The knuckles/rouge sections are what killed the game for me.
>>
>>377524150
>anon is so used to being right that someone having different taste than him means he's retarded

I don't hate you either anon, but have you ever considered that what we appreciate in vidya just might not be the same?
>>
>>377524731

The fuck, man? You trying to get banned or something? Because saying shit like that is an excellent way if you are.
>>
>>377523229
A lot of 3D platformers are boring and dull without much to do in them but wonder around. Really 64 and sunshine are the only ones that come to mind that have the adventure feel of sonic games
>>
everything after haunted mines is godawful, I dont know how anyone can defend the game when at least 60% of the game isnt even fun to play
>>
>>377524875
Brudda, I'm a rebel. Being reasonable is my jam, yo.

What's your personal favorite 3D platformer and why? Maybe then we'll be able to better understand one another.
>>
>>377523901
64 had better movement. That might be about it, but for some that might be all it takes to be better.
>>
Sonic Adventure 2 is one of the best Game Experiences on Earth.

Sonic Adventure 2 however is a terrible Gameplay experience.
>>
>>377523229
How did Mario 64 age any better than early 3D Sonic games or the original Crash trilogy?

I always hear this meme that Mario 64 is soooo much better than those Crash/3D Sonic games, but I really fail to see how it is.
>>
>>377524150
do you usually tip your e-peen this hard or just when discussing serious business like video games?
>>
>>377527412
Because that's all it is; a meme. If you take anything you read on /v/ seriously, you are a retard
>>
File: Sa2 vs sm64 double standards.png (382KB, 802x1414px) Image search: [Google]
Sa2 vs sm64 double standards.png
382KB, 802x1414px
>>377523229
>>377523425
>>377523295
>>377523901
>>377523987
>>377527412
>>
>>377529147
In Mario 64's defense, at least you can choose to ignore the unenjoyable stages if you want. It's not like getting all powers stars is required to beat the final boss.

Sonic Adventure 2 actually forces you to deal with the unenjoyable stages to progress.
>>
>>377529147
Why is SA2 being compared to 64? Why isn't it compared to Sunshine? Y'know, the fucking game that came in the same generation instead of the one before it?
>>
File: untitleds.png (62KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
untitleds.png
62KB, 300x300px
>>377523229
I've played both countless times. They're both incredible in their own ways.
>>
>>377529727
Because another anon mentioned Mario 64 as a better game instead of Sunshine.
>>
>>377529727
they should compare mario 64 to SA1 and SA2 to sunshine.
>>
>>377525952
>64 had better movement.

I enjoy the movement mechanics in Super Mario 64, sure. But, for me, SA2 blows it the fuck out pretty easily.
>>
>>377523229
This is a fucking retarded statement. I've played nearly every major 3D platformer in existence, and yes SA2 is far from the best. That doesn't mean it's not good though. Saying something like that is like saying that a certain car isn't good because there's better ones.
>>
>>377529147
funny how you leave out the physics and level dessign , which are the 2 things that matter most in a 3d platformer
>>
>>377529147
hurrr durrrrr

fuck off retard no one gives a shit about this retarded image
>>
>>377530157
Both have appropriate physics and level designs for what they're trying to do, though.
>>
>>377529147
Dimwit, you've gotta compare 64 to SA1. SA2 should be compared to Sunshine
>>
>>377530108
>I enjoy the movement mechanics in Super Mario 64, sure. But, for me, SA2's put the controller down non gameplay blows it the fuck out pretty easily
>>
>>377530008
That's still stupid, SA1 is a generation ahead of 64
>>
File: chilichairsonci.jpg (93KB, 969x681px) Image search: [Google]
chilichairsonci.jpg
93KB, 969x681px
>40 replies
>25 posters
reminder that its 1 samefag who is defending sonic adventure 2.
>>
>>377530629
Why do people act like the automated moments are such a big deal? They've literally been there since the genesis games and it's not like Sonic is the only series they're in. There are tons of games that do this stuff, and I'm pretty sure Mario has done it a fuckton of times too
>>
>>377530689
it is sonics first attempt at a real 3d game though.
>>
>>377530108
You gotta be fucking kidding me
>>
>>377522498
Man. I would fucking love it if this came to the Switch. ALONG WITH CHAO GARDEN REVAMPED.
>>
>>377530820
Taking the gameplay away from the player in the midst of gameplay is intrusive.
>>
>>377530629
>put the controller down non gameplay

I suppose you are referencing the scenarios where you go on a curve and such? I'm fairly positive you still have slight control over your positioning in this scenario. I could be conflating Sonic Heroes take on this scenario with Adventures. To me, it's such a short time of restriction and is pretty satisfying to watch anyways.

Regardless, the point that should be made here is that are many movement mechanics and topics surrounding said movement mechanics to discuss in Sonic Adventure 2. If you weren't a retard and were capable of having an actual discussion, then you would see that SA2 gives the player a ton of satisfying options in many scenarios, hence why I claimed I prefer it.
>>
>>377529147
lol quoting an out of context super mario 64 DS.
Sad as fuck man. SUPER MARIO 64 IS STILL THE BEST WOOOOO
>>
>>377531375
>I suppose you are referencing the scenarios where you go on a curve and such?
No. Shit like riding vines or missiles and the like that only exist to teleport your character forward on the track. It's pretty glaring. You throw the word retard around but you'd have to actually be retarded if you enjoy watching that that.
>>
Im not saying its good, but anyone who struggles on treasure hunting stages should neck themselves

Even the space levels take the same time as a speed stage
>>
>>377532021
Knuckles' stages were fucking annoying but I didn't have any trouble as Rouge
>>
>>377522498
Sonic levels are fun
Knuckles levels are alright
Tails levels are abysmal
>>
>>377532168
knuckle's wasnt difficult either
the only increase in difficulty is your rng if you choose to replay it with all upgrades, because you may get the worst possible setup that requires mystic melody to enter these vertical space crates, the meteor at the bottom that you punch into a door to open it, then all the way back at the top floating off the side of the highest point

even with that fucking awful setup you can still do it in 3 minutes
>>
>>377529147
This image made me realize that today sm64 would be teared apart for having only starts to collect, kinda like retards with botw.
>>
>>377531843
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNe11_YdOhI
>>
Tell me this game wouldn't be 100x better with the ability to choose each character's select story. Why did they even remove that function?
>>
>>377531843
>No. Shit like riding vines or missiles and the like that only exist to teleport your character forward on the track.

Ah, yeah, it's been a while since my last playthrough. You're right, though. These sort of pseudo-cutscene, option limiting scenes where you simply traverse some obstacle do exist in each "speed" level. Although, what you don't realize, is that there are scenarios where going through these obstacles isn't necessary or mandatory. That's also not what teleporting means and you cannot claim the reason that it exists. It seems more likely it there for "style," if I had to guess.

>It's pretty glaring.

To you. It's funny because you're still dodging the actual movement discussion. :^)

>You throw the word retard around but you'd have to actually be retarded if you enjoy watching that that.

I just found your random analysis funny. I figured when claiming a game has superior movement in the way that you do that you would at least be able to discuss it past such a small point. Also, I do to some extent.

autistic nostalgic appreciation of sonic in his best design styling out =/= being retarded by the definition of retarded

you could call me a fag or something. that'd be more accurate.
>>
Is this a boostfag thread?
>>
>>377532557
To make the game more steamlined, I guess
>>
File: 1.png (163KB, 331x332px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
163KB, 331x332px
>that feel when you spindash and jump at the same time
>>
>>377532749
shut the fuck up before you wake him up
>>
>>377532749
No, it's quite the opposite. Don't get your knickers in a bunch again. This is the famous autist right?
>>
SA2 is one of my favorites. I know it has issues and a lot of it is very frustrating to me, but everyone likes a game that someone else might now. Just how it works.

Too bad grinding rails became easy and automated in the later games.
>>
>>377532797
use this on shadow's intro stage to get flame ring early
>>
>>377532797
>developers actually hid 1ups and secrets at places where you'd have to use tricks like the spin dash jump to reach
This is good level design
>>
>>377532469
We were talking about SM64 but same applies with galaxy. It was criticized for having small planetoids stages and travelling segments that broke the monotony of the gameplay but praised in pretty much everything else.

Not sure what you are trying to prove with this.
>>
>>377529147
>mario 64
>the same boss battle
>>
>>377522498
i mean its pretty fucking bad
its fun, its conceptually interesting, its pretty expansive and content-rich, but "good" is not a word i would use to describe it
>>
>>377530157
There's a section both for controls and stages, though, did you even read it?
>>
>>377532627
There isn't much to discuss about movement. SM64 has a much more complex movement and a moveset to match because the 3D environments are much larger. SA2's movement limited and basic to match the gameplay because the tracks are designed with 2D movement holding forward in mind. Yes you have the ability move Sonic in 8 directions but the game never gives you large sprawling environments to play with.

Most non-gameplay segments I'm describing are necessary to be triggered to advance but there might be a few that can be sequence broken. Shit like the green forest vines has you watching Sonic doing multiple wraps around a tree when only one would suffice to put you on the next section of the track.
>>
>>377533482
you're trying really hard to fit in. it's all of that and somehow it's STILL not good? You're a idiot
>>
File: 1437340205110.jpg (37KB, 430x420px) Image search: [Google]
1437340205110.jpg
37KB, 430x420px
SA2 is fun I enjoy playing it.
>>
>>377533947
>Shit like the green forest vines has you watching Sonic doing multiple wraps around a tree when only one would suffice to put you on the next section of the track.

This is the stupidest most nit-picky bullshit I've ever read. Neck yourself asap
>>
>>377522498
this is a shitpost, right?
>>
Sonic Adventure 2 is a good game.

But compared to Mario Sunshine it's a bad game.

Sonic Adventure 1 is a deeply flawed and kind of bad game.

Compared to Mario 64 it's a piece of shit.
>>
>>377527412
It's just something nintenbros came up with, because they still didn't get over how Sonic made Mario uncool in the early 90s and Crash did the same thing in the late 90s.
>>
>>377527412
Because Mario 64 is basic platforming that works competently with few glitches in level design.

SA games have frequent glitches and the speed makes them jank.
>>
>>377533947
>There isn't much to discuss about movement.

>If I claim that there isn't much to discuss about movement, then that makes it true.

>SM64 has a much more complex movement

Provide reasoning/evidence.

>and a moveset to match

You seem to be making a distinction between movement and moveset here. I would say that they are clearly distinct in some ways, (although your moveset overlaps with your movement depending on the move) but what is the point of bringing this up? We are discussing movement, solely. Therefore, moves like auto-jab and air based strikes aren't even relevant unless they offer some interesting movement property I'm not aware of.

>because the 3D environments are much larger.

Do you have developer intent to back up this claim? You could make a moveset large and a movement that is "complex" without considering the size in square units...

>SA2's movement limited and basic to match the gameplay

You are very incoherent. Anyways, this is not a proof that the movement is limited or "basic."

In Sonic Adventure 2, with the speed character, you have more aerial drift, in respect to Mario based aerial drift, out of a jump. This also gets compounded with the homing attack (can go into discussing further, as it has unique properties.) Then we have the spin dash, bounce, somersault, and "basic" controls. It seems as though you know very little about the game and are content with saying very vague things about it, so I'm not going to go into more advanced tech with the aforementioned movement options outside of basic control. Sonic reaches a higher velocity and acceleration (at certain animations/inputs) than Mario does at any point. A slight completely vertical analog input gives Sonic a fast dash and he can accelerate further with stronger vertical inputs. As the boostfag proved, and many of us already knew, you can also turn on "a dime" (will cont)

because the tracks are designed with 2D movement holding forward in mind.
>>
>>377535312
are you the same autist who was asserting Generations is worse than SA
>>
File: SA2 physics 2.webm (3MB, 985x522px) Image search: [Google]
SA2 physics 2.webm
3MB, 985x522px
>>377532797
right

>>377532749
get the fuck outta here
>>
>>377534997
Shit taste
>>
>>377533947
(you get a completely horiztonal path of velocity in a very short window of frames (unit I'm using here) post inputting a decent horiztonal input.) The point of this, like the boostlet guy showed, you have control over many different paths your character can take at very high velocities. Given the nature of the level design within the Adventure game, this feels very good. You have control by virtue of having many options. There are also things like jump momentum, momentum stopping out of a dash. Really, the analog not being restricted overlaps into many things, but I'm not going to discuss it to much further. I'm just bringing up the control, higher pace, interesting physics in contrast to Mario 64 to show you why I prefer it and why it can easily be argued as being complex.

>because the tracks are designed with 2D movement holding forward in mind.

You have a terrible habit of implying you get to simply make some claim about level design philosophy and therefore said claim is automatically true. pls stop

>Yes you have the ability move Sonic in 8 directions but the game never gives you large sprawling environments to play with.

I'm fairly positive you're misunderstanding how analog input works: It's not just 8-inputs of varying degrees of control. Or, at least in other GC games you actually had mechanics where you had hundreds of degrees of control -- you can input any number of unique degrees up to 150 and such for certain things. (See: Super Smash Brothers Melee)

Regardless, you're wrong. You can do many things with movement within the bounds of each level design.

>Most non-gameplay segments I'm describing are necessary to be triggered to advance but there might be a few that can be sequence broken.

>most

I'm not sure if that's correct.

>Shit like the green forest vines has you watching Sonic doing multiple wraps around a tree when only one would suffice to put you on the next section of the track.

We've covered this. I have my opinion. sry
>>
File: sonic game ranks.jpg (1MB, 1368x2492px) Image search: [Google]
sonic game ranks.jpg
1MB, 1368x2492px
>>377535545
but it is. you have no control in 3d space in generations; it feels like temple run
>>
File: 2PDDM5hc.jpg (32KB, 401x401px) Image search: [Google]
2PDDM5hc.jpg
32KB, 401x401px
>>377535545
I love Generations and boostlet guy (assuming that's who you're referencing). Not every anon is the same, idiot. our posting styles aren't even all that similar
>>
@377536271
That's such an obvious bait it doesn't even deserve a (You)
>>
File: SA2 precise platforming.webm (2MB, 872x548px) Image search: [Google]
SA2 precise platforming.webm
2MB, 872x548px
boostfags could NEVER do this
>>
File: [boostshit] C R I P P L E.webm (3MB, 356x258px) Image search: [Google]
[boostshit] C R I P P L E.webm
3MB, 356x258px
>>377536414
ok cripple
>>
File: [boostshit] Sharp turn.webm (2MB, 490x591px) Image search: [Google]
[boostshit] Sharp turn.webm
2MB, 490x591px
>>377536414
look how much control you have over sonic in boostshit!
very fluid. makes for perfect 3d platforming amirite d:^)
>>
>>377535986
Good argument.
>>
>>377536635
Good thing that you don't use that, you use the shoulder buttons fag.
>>
>>377532354
I doubt someone could do that set up blind in anywhere near 3 minutes. It being speedrunable doesn't really redeem it to me
>>
File: Temple Run.webm (1MB, 1083x592px) Image search: [Google]
Temple Run.webm
1MB, 1083x592px
>>
>>377536457
>>377536543
YES HE'S HERE TO BLESS MY THREAD, LETS PUT THESE BOOST FAGS IN THEIR PLACE ANON
>>
File: narci.png (86KB, 208x224px) Image search: [Google]
narci.png
86KB, 208x224px
>>377536793
>>377536906
temple run has better gameplay than generations then. Here's a summary of my meme pasta

Boostshit is NOT suitable for 3D platforming. In 3D sections, all you do is boost through a cinematic experience with smartphone endless runner controls:
>jump/crouch
>dash left/right
>get sent to fuck off to a 2D section for actual platforming

The only games where Sonic was fully in 3D were:
>Adventure1/2
>Heroes
>Shadow the Hedgehog
>06
And the most polished of those being SA2 & SA1. These games were perfect because they were fast-paced, high-risk/high-reward 3D platformers with precise controls.
I know Adventure games don't follow the laws of physics as realistically as boostshit """""games"""" do, but realism=/=suitable for FAST-PACED 3D space platforming.
As one anon said, Sonic must be as fast as he is agile. There is no excuse for Sonic to move like a FUCKING FRIDGE!

You had true control in 3D space with a level of accuracy boostfags could only dream of. In Adventure1/2, you could do so many cool things with
>spindash+jump
>bounce bracelet
>directional influence while on air

>>377536945
gotchu senpai
>>
>>377536657
Please do explain how SA1 is "deeply flawed"
>>
File: boostshit v5.png (447KB, 1370x609px) Image search: [Google]
boostshit v5.png
447KB, 1370x609px
>>
>>377536809
the floating televisions give you hints in the treasure hunting stages.
>>
File: sa1 turning.webm (682KB, 887x502px) Image search: [Google]
sa1 turning.webm
682KB, 887x502px
>>377534997
why can SA1 take a sharp turn without anyone crying over control sensitivity?
>>
don't let the thread die guys, I wanna see some real bickering between this guy >>377537590
>>377537412
>>377537109
and a boost fag
>>
Only a third of the game has good gameplay and the level design is shit. This game would not have left a significant mark on the series were it not for the Chao Garden.

>>377537590
>why can't people use the shitty turning physics without having a problem with how shitty they are?
Nice webm, now let's see you play an entire level.
>>
>>377522498
Nothing in the market really plays like Sonic.
Too bad the one you posted was the last great game.
>>
>>377539017
Yes it would have you delusional autist.

>That story
>That music
>>
File: SA2 physics 3.webm (3MB, 713x559px) Image search: [Google]
SA2 physics 3.webm
3MB, 713x559px
>>377539017
no1 is talking about chao garden
physics wise, adventure are the best 3D space sonic games that we've got thus far because of everything mentioned here >>377537109
>>
>>377539351
Sonic 06 had an equally shitty story and great music and the only thing people remember that for is being broken.
>>
File: HEY IM GRUMP.png (549KB, 1766x758px) Image search: [Google]
HEY IM GRUMP.png
549KB, 1766x758px
>>377539846
>06
>broken
do you happen to be citing your favourite e-celeb, and is that, by any chance, the game grumps?
just curious
>>
>>377539818
Congratulations, you've got a fairly competent set of physics in a game with shit level design. At which point one has to ask, so what?
>>
>>377530742
the "boostshit" samefag?
>>
>>377539995
not him but i think he's citing the game being a pile of shit
>>
>>377539995
No, I'm citing my experience of having played the game all the way through for god knows what reason. Regardless, the concept of 06 being broken existed long before Game Grumps played it, so why you associate associate it with them is beyond me.
>>
The gameplay in SA1 and SA2 was always shit and people held that opinion before ecelebs started spouting it.
>>
>>377540321
but objectively speaking, no memeing
from the webms adventurefag posted:

generations
>>377536906
>>377536635
>>377536543

vs. Adventure
>>377536457
>>377537590
>>377539818
>>377535930

which physics style is more suitable for 3D fast paced platforming?
>>
>>377540912
>which physics style is more suitable for 3D fast paced platforming?
How about who gives a shit because neither of them are good?
>>
>>377539818
how do you run on walls? i wanna try this out
>>
fuck, this thread is slow as fuck. I thought it'd be rampant shitposting, guess not
>>
>>377522498
For it's time it was good but it's aged like piss. Only redeeming factor today is the Chao Garden.
>>
>>377536635
I literally just played SA2 and the exact same shit happened.

Every single 3D sonic game is shit and only a complete mongoloid would think otherwise.
>>
The missions were the best part of Sonic Adventure 2 other than the Chao. Love trying to get A ranks and I especially love Hard Mode treasure hunting stages.
>>
>>377542920
Stop thinking /v/ is your personal shitposting board. That's /b/.
>>
>>377540994
this
sonic really sucks
>>
>>377544428
Your whore mother sucks. Sonic doesn't
>>
>>377543647
Every single 3D sonic game is good and only a complete negroid would think otherwise
>>
>>377544867
wew angry
>>
>>377535312
>Provide reasoning/evidence.
look at the manual for both games you nig nog
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.