[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Injustice 2 Thread: Arcade Mode Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 19

File: Injustice 2 Main Characters.jpg (110KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
Injustice 2 Main Characters.jpg
110KB, 960x640px
So, who has the best Arcade Mode ending?

Hard Mode: Besides Captain Cold, Cyborg, or Harley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm1kcJ2Sxps
>>
>>377520998
>Leaving out /ourguy/ Atrocitus

Pleb taste.
>>
God damn this game died quickly

NRS can't into game development

Every time they take a step forward they take 4 steps back
>>
>>377521447
This thread's dying faster. Which I assume means /v/ is actually playing games for once.
>>
>>377521513
>/v/
>Playing games

Pick one.
>>
>>377521447
its dying because the game is shit and no one cares. Lack of Waifus doesnt help either
>>
File: PERSONA.png (469KB, 553x552px) Image search: [Google]
PERSONA.png
469KB, 553x552px
>NRS hears that people hate fighting their zoning/teleport characters and that it's unfair they get to build so much meter while the opponent basically has to slowly walk in and duck repeatedly taking chip all the while
>add in MB roll and invincible wakeups to try to make the experience better
>oops MB roll is massively punishable when trying to get in on projectiles but is a great way for the shooter to escape
>oops we gave the invincible wakeups to the projectile characters fuck your pressure they get away for free
I can only assume that NRS legitimately hates people who try to take fighting games seriously.
>>
>>377522250
There's plenty of waifus though.
>>
>>377520998
wait, theres an arcade mode? I didn't see it. what menu is it under?
>>
>>377523520
Multiverse, then Battle Simulator
>>
Any Wonder Woman players here? I like her quite a bit, but am frustrated by two things in particular.

>Hermes is a buff
Why? Give her an air dash in general. She really needs it. She has a miserable time against a lot of zoners because of it. Anti air projectiles were a mistake. You can never get in against characters like Deadshot unless they are braindead. I actually don't mind the rotating buff system because I like elements of controlled RNG in fighting games (Faust, Platinum), but Hermes just straightup should not be a buff. Also, make the buffs work like Platinum's items. Let us see which one is next and make us able to redraw/discard almost like Astrologian in FFXIV. Heck, add the other elements Astro has to make it more fun, like being able to enhance the buff for meter or something. That is even Platinum esque too. Make a db and db D inputs that relate to the buffs somehow.

>bracelet parry does not reflect attacks
I really don't get this. This is one of her signature moves. She even does it to Captain Cold's gun in the story mode. Why can't she reflect projectiles back to her opponent? It is amazing how few anti zoning tools are actually in the game without them just flatout being zoning. By the time you get in after parrying a projectile, the buff is already gone and it is way too risky to do up close. It ends up feeling so lackluster.

>>377521447
It sold really well and online is very populated. /v/ has always hated these NRS games since the only way a fighting game thread lives here is via waifu wars. If they don't do something about the zoning soon then online will be dead though. Casuals and pros don't want to deal with that shit. It isn't fun.
>>
>>377521447
It really is down to zoning, and it isn't even really that it is too strong but that it is so effective and it slows matches to a very boring crawl.

It is very easy to keep someone out for a very long time and in doing so do a fair amount of damage. Sure hen people actually get in they can take 50% but that is 5 seconds of play vs 20 seconds of zoning. Characters that do better up close are still good you just barely see them do stuff

Also the clash system is just dumb, such an easy panic tool for such a big reward and can completely change the flow of the match.
>>
>>377523895
/v/ is full of weebs and PC fags. Of course they hate a western fighter. Injustice 2 is fine and a lot of fun. Literally taking a break now after playing for like the past 6 hours.
>>
>>377523895
>the only way a fighting game thread lives here is via waifu wars
We have a tekken thread up right now with 155 posters and next to no waifuposting

Not our fault that Injustice only has xers
>>
>>377524787
Almost all of those posts stemmed from shitposting due to the bait VF webm in OP's title though. Fighting game threads rarely have much to do with actual discussion on gameplay unless it is shitposting. We almost always have a DOA thread up and it is literally just images. SFV threads can only be thicc XD meme spamming or shitposting. KoF vanished from existence, but is only now getting some threads because of the PC port one week of fame meme that always happens
>>
File: laughingwhores.jpg (51KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
laughingwhores.jpg
51KB, 600x350px
>>377524605
>Injustice 2 is fine
It's somehow even more broken than I1 was

>hey remember how everyone was super pissed that scorpion could instantly teleport in a back-to-block game?
>how about we do the same thing but if they meter burn it's an overhead
>better give the character a fast projectile and an invincible wakeup too
>who? flash? Fuck him, just give him a pressure tool that doesn't work against half the cast.
>>
>>377525316
And Injustice is just dead because NRS can't into game development
>>
>>377520998
Supergirl. Cuz as Batman says during their prefight dialogue, " Dat ass used to give people hope."

Other good endings:
- Brainiac
- Black Canary
- Captain Cold
- Blue Beetle

'Who wrote this shit' endings:
- Wonder Woman, just wonder woman
- Cheetah
>>
>>377525316
>stemmed from shitposting due to the bait VF
Nope, the only real VF discussion is recent

And you have to spend 90% your post on other games.
>>
>>377525318
I hate Kara's teleport too, but it is way worse than Scorpion's was at launch.

>very slow, meaning you can block it on reaction unless you yourself were doing something at the time
>only way to follow it up is via the meter burned version
>whiffs on crouchers, but blocking high when she has meter deals with it completely
>always punishable on block

It is an annoying move and I hate the block gymnastics you have to go through when fighting her, but it is nowhere near as bad as Scorpion was. Also, her damage output is probably one of the lowest in the entire game.

Reversals are pretty retarded in this game because of how they are designed. A lot of moves that look like a reversal still lose to things, so the characters with true reversals end up feeling a lot stronger. That being said, IJ2 added a lot of great tools to help with stuff like that, along with tools that were already there

>meter burn fC/bC gives you a full high damage combo punisher against people who do anything on wakeup
>air teching

>>377525492
I just hate the writing in Injustice in general. I really wish the Batman meme would end. It is so overdone. I hate how the writers just shit on anyone who likes Wonder Woman or Superman.

>the borderline psychotic guy who is obsessed with beating people up at night and putting everyone into mental asylums is always the 100% sound sane good guy

One of the first things that happens in story mode is Batman beats Wonder Woman in a fight. Give me a break. I like Batman, but I wish he would stop being relevant to anything galactic. Make him just support the JLA financially and strategically, but continuing to push him as a frontliner in modern writing is horrendous and requires so much constant plot armor.
>>
>>377525834
>I hate how the writers just shit on anyone who likes Wonder Woman or Superman.

I think it's telling that Black Adam is the least evil of the three big Regime members in the story mode. Like come on.
>>
This is a fighting game made for casuals by casuals. The story mode is pretty good tho.
>>
>>377526103
It's just shit. If they wanted to do a narrative like this, there were better choices. For one thing having it boil down to Batman vs Superman is always retarded. If Batman had the power to do it he would probably love to have complete global surveillance of everyone at all times. Shazam vs Superman being the two camps would have been much better as Shazam most certainly represents the classic Golden age motifs and beliefs very well. Too bad the writers fucking hate Shazam and did him horribly in IJ1

The writing is painful to read. I hate how characters like Harley Quinn and Catwoman are portrayed heroically. It is typical numale shit.
>>
>>377526698
that's what i thought due to it being basically a 3 button game and dial combos.
but man, some of the stuff requires accurate timing and you often need to adapt your combos depending on interactables and how the opponent bounces off the wall.
it's not really that casual.
i thought MK9 and MKX were easier games.
>>
>>377520998

Captain Cold
>>
>>377522250
>Lack of Waifus
Whoa, you are more retarded than the average /v/ poster, congrats
>>
>>377522250
Neck yourself, faggot.
>>
>>377526908
I mean, to be fair, Harley's a case of her going through actual character development in wake of Joker's death and her having a daughter that she had to give up, which the comic goes into more detail on.

And Catwoman being kind of anti-heroic isn't anything new.
>>
If they nerfed Deathstroke this game would be pretty ok. All the other zoners are w/e compared to him, he is just too oppressive, makes the game no fun.

But I don' think they are going to do that, it seems the "NRS players" all think Deadshot is great, and it's what they wanted out of zoners, and scream at anyone from any other game complaining about DS.

NRS players are weird.
>>
>>377528818
I mean, it's not just his zoning game. He's got good strings up close, albeit not much in the way of variety in that regard. And he can make his bullets steal meter from his opponent.

Like, zoning is fine. It's a legitimate playstyle. But something needs to be looked at. I don't think anyone wants him to lose everything that makes him good, but surely he can be scaled back in a reasonable manner, right?
>>
>>377528818
No zoning would still be dominant, Deathstroke is just very easy to be effective with

A lot of characters have a good projectile and many have multiple , meanwhile your choices to get in just aren't that great. Even spending meter for the roll has to be done carefully
>>
>>377528818
If Deathstroke were nerfed everyone would just switch to Fate.

If both Deathstroke and Fate are nerfed everyone will just go to Cyborg or Supergirl

Characters without projectiles will never be viable in NRS games
>>
File: 1452948718679.gif (1MB, 282x263px) Image search: [Google]
1452948718679.gif
1MB, 282x263px
>>377529785
>>377529334
>>377528818
>complaining this hard about a character that isn't even in the game
>>
>>377529235
Oh I know, his up close game is better then some actual rush down characters, and he has a free wake up.
And that shity fucking low overhead string is way to hard to block online, and it sends you full screen.

>>377529334
>>377529785
Fate and Firestorm are fine.
Supergirls zoning is not that great.

MKX none of the zoners were viable that game was 100% in your face rush down.
I1 the best characters in the game were batgirl and MMH who were both rushdown/footsie characters, coming up third was Bane, who was a rushdown brawler.
>>
>>377529939
They look the same, I honestly didn't realise they were switched until release
>>
It's not that they aren't viable, it is just that zoning very much controls every match

If you don't have or have a worse fireball your game will be all about getting around theirs. It is like very match is Guile but he can also fire booms while jumping
>>
>>377529967
>Supergirls zoning is not that great.
Even if we say that her zoning is still good, when people go in with her it is mostly them getting greedy.

>I1 the best characters
You forget about pre-patch supes doing full screen lasers?

>Bane
he was mid
>>
>>377529967
Look: the zoning characters aren't that bad to beat - for a tiny portion of the cast that for some reason gets to have all the tools.

For the rest of the cast their simple existence precludes any real success or fun.

I1 had the same problem.

NRS can't into balance
>>
Is there a /v/ guild
>>
File: 1455915291026.webm (2MB, 478x344px) Image search: [Google]
1455915291026.webm
2MB, 478x344px
>Injustice 1
>Superman was so powerful that they had to get a second Superman from a different universe fight him.
>Not only does Good Superman defeat bad Superman, but he also has to fight Doomsday mere minutes before hand. A monster so powerful that it basically beat Superman to death before.
>Not only that but he makes sure he takes Doomsday out of the city before he does so.
>Injustice 2 for some reason credits Batman for defeating evil Superman.

I don't understand.
>>
>>377531387
He had a kriptonite suit.
>>
I just watched the entire story of Injustice 1 on Youtube

uhhh Captain Marvel has the mind of a child, Billy Batson is just a kid who can transform into an adult body. Having Superman give him a lobotomy might be one of the most fucked up things I've ever seen.
>>
>>377532125
That wasn´t lobotomy, that was plain murder. But Shazam isn´t that childish, he does know how to act mature.
>>
>>377522250
I want waifufags to die
>>
>>377532269
He was even acting like a kid in that scene. "Gee willikers fellas this stuff is going a bit far", his tone of voice. That was way more brutal than anything that has ever happened in Mortal Kombat
>>
File: 1468290888083.jpg (7KB, 235x193px) Image search: [Google]
1468290888083.jpg
7KB, 235x193px
>want to get injustice 2 but literally hopeless at fighting games

Is it pirateable yet? I don't pirate games but I'll make an exception for this since I have no idea its worth me buying it
>>
Jesus, the outrage. It´s sad to watch.
>>
>>377532493
yeah maybe you´re right.
>>
>>377521447

>God damn this game died quickly

What kind of parallel universe do you live in? It's only just getting started, I see more people online every day since it came out.

Anyway I guess I have to look into arcade mode, concentrated on multiverse and pvp only so far.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/13006894
>>
>>377532975
What the fuck?
>>
can someone explain zoning to me?
>>
>>377533039
Repeated projectiles (sometimes very far reaching attacks) with the idea of keeping the opposing character at long range, ideally out their optimal range
>>
>>377533039
A zoner is a character whose gameplan is based around keeping you away from them and taking advantage of their superior range. Zoners are generally mid to long range characters.

You know Dhalsim from Street Fighter? That's what a zoner is.
>>
File: 803504-billybatson3.jpg (329KB, 771x1200px) Image search: [Google]
803504-billybatson3.jpg
329KB, 771x1200px
>>377532269
>>377532125
Billy Batson is kind of a different person when he turns into Captain Marvel. It's still Billy, but it's Billy with the wisdom of Solomon.

Billy would have probably kept his mouth shut about the whole thing if the SHAZAM part of his powers wasn't screaming at him to try and reason with the regime.
>>
>>377520998
Atrocitus and Flash
>>
>>377533310
Considering that Superman killed Captain Marvel before he could say Shazam it is implied that Captain Marvel was not at full power at the time.

I'm guessing that Captain Marvel should have been in kid mode when Superman murdered him in Injustice 1 but NRS just pussied out and instead left us with a completely illogical scene.
>>
>>377533235
>>377533291

Right, so basically what I've been doing with darkseid. Haven't heard that term before.
>>
>>377533448
Man, if Captain Marvel was in kid mode, the game would have been bumped up to M so fast it'd make the Flash's head spin. Can't have that.
>>
>>377520998
>Cyborg brought his friends back from the dead
Aw
>>
>>377521073
Which character was this
>>
>>377520998
>5:28
>That rack on Jessie Quick
>>
File: 914228-shazam_b_w_4.jpg (41KB, 602x750px) Image search: [Google]
914228-shazam_b_w_4.jpg
41KB, 602x750px
>>377533448
What pisses me off more is DC desperately nerfing the shit out of "Earth's Mightiest Mortal".

Captain Marvel was originally the answer to Superman if Kryptonite wasn't an option. Shit, Earth-5 Captain WAS that Earth's Superman stand in. The dude could lift the book of infinite pages With the help of Superman.
>>
>>377535180
Pretty sure they were just Phantom Zone'd. But yeah. Cyborg's a bro.
>>
>>377526698
The funny thing is that these NRS games always manage to be harder input wise than supposed complex fighting games. Dial combos with links is miserable. Try doing Wonder Woman's b3 in a combo after her f2,3. It is basically a link. Even doing a jump in string is a pain. Combos in SFV are way easier than combos in any NRS game
>>
>>377529785
MKX was dominated by rushdown completely. Zoning was a thing to an extent, but rushdown is kind in that game.
>>
>>377535472
I'm convinced DC fucking hates Captain Marvel. They have consistently shat on him the entire time they have had rights to him. They probably kept him around just so Marvel didn't buy him since he's so much more interesting than Superman
>>
>>377536980
They seem to like Black Adam, at least.
>>
>>377532125
Yeah Superman is evil as fuck in Injustice
>>
Is the good supes from the first in this game?
>>
>>377537049
Yeah they like Black Adam. He's important in a lot of modern DC stuff. Unfortunately, Captain Marvel has become like a side character to Black Adam rather than Black Adam just being an antagonist of his. Now it is Shazam that feels like a derivative of him, which is really lame.
>>
>>377537579
And yet CONSTANTLY in the comic he keeps acting like he's doing the right thing.

>I ended war
>Nevermind all the collateral damage I've caused in doing all that in the first place, along with the rest of the casualties from fighting Batman, other superheroes, the LITERAL GODS OF OLYMPUS, all the Green and Yellow lanterns who died in that little war, and every other hero/villain who's been killed because I showed it was totally okay to kill the Joker
>But it's cool because muh dead Lois and babby
>>
>>377532125
This is why Wonder Woman and Superman are irredeemable in Injustice. They're monsters.
>>
>>377537981
The problem with the comic is that if they have him address that he's wrong, they write themselves into a corner.

Also, Tom Taylor should be writing Harley's ongoing. He's given us the best Harley in years.
>>
>>377520998
Is there a place to watch endings like in MKX after you've done them?
>>
>>377537981
>>377538104
>Batman, shitposting as usual

In all seriousness though, rather than attack the characters it makes more sense to attack the writers. There is no reason why they would be this evil, and that's the problem. It's just bad writing. They have a hardon for Batman and want to go out of their way to make him as awesome as possible. The way Supergirl is writting into IJ2 is terrible too. The whole thing reeks of politics in that it is a pretty obvious attempt to villainize the opposition, except here obviously it is actually happening.

This is not how you make a captivating story. It is just fans of characters lamenting how terrible a writer has written their characters.
>>
>>377520998
i thought this game was suppose to kill SFV yet its more broken then SFV. everybody hates deadshot, he is way broken
>>
So everything is Wonder Woman's fault then yeah? She convinced Supes that he had to become a tyrant and a dick ass jerk if he wanted to bring peace to the world.
>>
>>377538426
To be fair the writers did kinda lampshade it in Year three.

>Batman uses magic dust shit to put superman to sleep
>He dreams about how things could've gone differently
>Lois survives being spaced by Supes, their daughter grows up to be another Supergirl and later President - being half Kryptonian and Half Human, and not wanting to police the world like a 'B-tier movie villain,' she ends up a good representative for normals and supers alike
>Batman has enough of Joker's shit and finally kills him by snapping his neck, agrees with Supes' sentiment that Joker went too far and that sacrificing one life to stop so many more dying was worth it
>Superman offers to allow Batman out of prison because he was willing to make such a tough decision for Superman's sake
>Batman declines and says that he has committed a murder and must serve his sentence for it
>Everything turns out gr8

So it does come into it that if Superman had just stopped at The Joker, instead of policing the world, or Batman had done something a little more permanent in the first place, a lot of this could have been avoided.

Although Lois dying and that nuke going off had a lot to do with it too.
>>
>>377538397

Is that supposed to be black canary

Man cosplay is stupid
>>
I just found out today that you can use your custom AI character to fight arcade ladders for you, makes leveling them up easier.
>>
File: Supergirl.webm (2MB, 940x972px) Image search: [Google]
Supergirl.webm
2MB, 940x972px
>>377522250
>>
>>377539773
I still think the point of that is to show the difference between Injustice Superman and
Injustice Batman is that even within his own mind, Superman knows Batman can acknowledge when he did wrong when he absolutely refuses to.
>>
File: blackcanary1991series1.jpg (51KB, 400x608px) Image search: [Google]
blackcanary1991series1.jpg
51KB, 400x608px
>>377540031
At least it's accurate
>>
>>377539737
That pretty much it. I'm sure if she didn't whisper in his ear, he would probably just fuck off to nowhere and retire.
>>
>>377540056
>Having the game play for you
I'll play the game myself, thanks.
>>
>>377540056
How?
>>
>>377540850
AI Battle Simulator, I think.
>>
>>377540939
Fucking Christ thank you anon, I suck ass with Grodd now I can level him up without doing anything.
>>
>>377541250
I guess I'm a masochist because I wanna try using everybody even if I suck ass with them.
>>
>>377538657
The zoning in IJ2 is like the rushdown in SFV, except less guesswork. Both are terrible and I'm not sure which I would rather deal with. I guess at least with zoning you have a hope to get in and start pressing advantage, but when fighting someone like Laura in SFV you're fucked no matter what you do.
>>
>>377541449
Grodd just doesn't seem fun to me, I played with him once and hated it.
>>
>>377540056
you say fight for you, but do you mean fight while you are doing other stuff, or do you have to sit there and watch, because if it is the latter, what is the point might as well fight the battle yourself
>>
>>377541667
I like him but it's kinda hard getting shit started with him.
>>
>>377541509
my problem is always fucking shotos. i find the best way to beat grapplers is to grab(LK+LP) them non stop and jump when ever they command grab.
>>
File: drfate4-1488430312310.jpg (246KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
drfate4-1488430312310.jpg
246KB, 1920x1080px
>show up every once and awhile ranting about stupid shit
>everyone just generally ignores me
>my helmet keeps yelling at me
>the guy with the bow and the screaming chick kick my ass even though I'm a master of magic
>Superman crushes my helmet
>it was a gift
>get unceremoniously tentacle raped and disappear after adding nothing to the overall narrative
>no one even asks about me or checks to see if I'm still alive

Why don't they want me, man?
>>
>>377542493
Fate had a hard life.
>>
>>377540939
You can do it with any mode, including multiverse. Just select AI under loadout.
>>
>>377542493
At least you get your wife back in your Arcade Mode ending?
>>
>>377543359
Not him but he need help to escape from this "god", when the real answer is just destroying the stupid helmet
>>
>>377543479
I'm not really all that familiar with the character, but I assumed that the helmet was also the source of his power and destroying it basically depowered him, hence why he wouldn't just take the fucking thing off. I'm probably wrong though and the whole thing is just retarded,
>>
Jesus, what a bunch of tumblr tier fan fiction with deviantart tier style
>>
Spawn?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (41KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
41KB, 1280x720px
>trying to find Black Canary combos
>come up with a long juggle combo with two meter burn specials
>430 dmg
>do a simple bounce cancel combo for two bars
>450 dmg

Well then.
>>
>>377544101
The helmet is supposed to br a link to Nabu who provides mystical knowledge. So it teaches the user magic to serve the Lords of Order. Who apparently went full retard because their entire gimmick is balancing order and chaos and usually only allowing Fate to interfer if s5hits getting real. But anyays if he was paying attention to the spells Nabu was telling him to cast he should still be able to do it.
>>
>>377545361
DLC maybe? I hope he's in. He was my favorite hero for a while.
>>
>>377533448
That's retarded. Billy shouting shazam to hit supes with magic lightning is a common occurance.
>>
So has anyone tried Brainiac? Is he fun? When I saw that he had a dive kick I lost all interest in him
>>
>don't kill Brainiac!

Is there a more stupid scene in DC history?

>this guy who has destroyed entire planets multiple times might be able to help us save a couple cities if we let him live!
>he has killed billions and is one of the smartest entities in the universe, but we can keep him under check for sure!

The mental hollahoops the writers take on this shit is awful. The entire universe is bent to fit into Batman's square hole over and over again. Everything has to be done so that he's in the right.
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.