[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WTF is this game thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: SwordCucked.jpg (55KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
SwordCucked.jpg
55KB, 1024x576px
Hey /v/ i just had a major flashback to watching this trailer for a game a couple years ago. It was a first person hack n slash ala elder scrolls where you went around chopping up demons and shit. The game had a website and steam page and it looked fucking great but i haven't heard or even remember what it was called, I think it had hell in the name? Any of you guys know what the hell i'm talking about or am i delusional?
>>
>>377518678
It was called Hellraid and was put on ice by Deep Silver about a year ago.
>>
It's a DOOM
>>
>>377518983
The fuck does Deep Silver have to do with anything? Techland's making it
>>
>>377519147
Oops, I always associate those two together because of Dead Island, so I just assumed Deep Silver was publishing. My bad. Also, the game is in purgatory from the last article I read about it.
>>
>>377518678
The game was called Hellraid, but the overuse of the word "Hell" in your post, as well as a doom image tells me that you may have known that already.
But whatever, here is the rest of the story:
It was in development by Techland, the Dying Light and Dead Island guys, and it was supposed to be a spiritual sequel to Heretic/Hexen series, with a touch of diablo. However, the development did not go particularly well, and the studio eventually decided that it's "just not very fun to play" and halted the development. It's unclear right now if it's canned, or if it's getting remade and overhauled as we speak, as the studio hinted at both options being open.

>>377519147
Deep Silver is the publisher of Dead Island, I think that is why they confused them into this. They knew it was the Dead Island folks, but confused the Publisher and Developer, or automatically assumed the developer stuck to the same publisher the whole time and thought Hellraid was being published by the same guys.
>>
there's this game that lets you play as some sort of robot and the game begins in a shore or harbor.
>>
>>377519737
What gen is it from? Is it 2d or 3d? What kind of gameplay did it have? Are there any design elements you can recall? Come on, give us something to work with.
>>
>>377520062
3D and i remember playing it on my PS2

i'll add some small details, i remember killing airborne enemies with some sort of weapon that freezes them, then kill them.

sorry im blank at this point
>>
There was an old N64 game that had a similar aesthetic to Elder Scrolls. You start off in a prison and you escape, but there's no combat and you just solve puzzles.

What was it?
>>
>>377520062
Could it be Metal Arms?
>>
>>377520470
nope. the robots looks Evangelian-like
>>
>>377520173
Only suggestion I have is Aidyn chronicles: the first mage.
>>
>>377520775
Were they specifically slick and very human-like, or do you just mean Japanese in general?
>>
>>377520173
>>377520817

It was Shadowgate 64. I googled random shit until I recognized the box art.
>>
>>377521026
specifically slick
>>
There was a ps2 third person hack and slash that had a female chracter you can play as

probably a japanese game since i played it while i was at my cousins house at japan but it probably got an international release
>>
>>377521209
That is horribly unspecific
>>
File: 1477495694486.jpg (27KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
1477495694486.jpg
27KB, 500x335px
>>377521289
thats all i remember
>>
>>377521209
Primal?
>>
>>377521184
Only ones I can think of are Eureka 7 game, Robotech: Battlecry, and Zone of the Enders.
>>
>>377521209
When people bring up a PS2 game with a female swordfighter it's usually Drakan.

All I remember is a diablo-style inventory.
>>
>>377521549
Drakan stands out too much by having ridable dragon, people usually remember that.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.