[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we all just agree the 3DS is one of the best systems of all time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 3ds gaems.jpg (929KB, 1830x842px) Image search: [Google]
3ds gaems.jpg
929KB, 1830x842px
So many great JRPG franchises...
Dragon Quest
Fire Emblem
Shin Megami Tensei

The only thing it missed was an actual good Final Fantasy game or spin-offs.
Still can't believe Square didn't release a Final Fantasy Tactics game after all the Fire Emblem craze, inept fucks.

And it's still getting tons of games up until next year too.

Fuck it, 3DS > DS
>>
There was a Radiant Historia sequel?
Holy fuck when did that happen I never beat the first but I loved the shit out of it
>>
>>377518749
Deep Strange Journey and Radiant Historia 3DS are both enhanced ports of DS games.

Lucky for me i didn't play neither so i'm gonna get the the 3DS versions.
>>
>>377518749
It's not a sequel, it's an enhanced port with an extra campaign about as long as the extra campaigns from Devil Survivor 1 and 2 3DS ports.
>>
>>377518662
What are some of the 3DS's hidden gems?
>>
File: 1487958364114.jpg (66KB, 803x711px) Image search: [Google]
1487958364114.jpg
66KB, 803x711px
>>377518662
They're doing a remake of strange journey?
>>
>>377519495
>remake
No. Enhanced port.
>>
>>377518662
>4 remakes, a fucking Mii game, nu Pikman, EverFurfags, a Monster Hunter lite spinoff no one asked for
>>
>>377518662
>oh man the 3DS is so great look at all those JRPGs
And that's why the 3DS sucks.
>>
>>377519656
Oh. Either way, fuck yeah. I've been meaning to see what the fuss is about with that version. Didn't want to shill out $50 for the DS version though.
>>
>>377520004
>Didn't want to shill out $50 for the DS version though.

Just do it like me, emulate the game.
>>
>>377518662
I'll agree that the 3ds was one of the systems of all time, yes
>>
>>377518662
you forgot LADY LAYTON
>>
File: Logo-MHGen.png (2MB, 1813x1081px) Image search: [Google]
Logo-MHGen.png
2MB, 1813x1081px
>>377519693
>a Monster Hunter lite spinoff no one asked for
>>
>>377519329
Rhythm Thief
Also Crashmo is the hardest puzzle game i have ever played, it's the only game that's made me feel as stupid as I really am. I didn't play the sequel
>>
>>377520142
>Want to try out the franchise but don't want to buy a bunch of DS & 3DS games.

Fug, hopefully by the time i get a Switch around 2018-2019 we get a Layton collection.
>>
>>377520358
I'm pretty sure Lady Layton has no established continuity to the original Layton games, which ended as far as the story goes, but don't quote me on that for sure.
>>
>>377518662
No way. It's the shittiest handheld Nintendo has released. Only use it has is being an Atlus machine. Pales in comparison against the DS.
>>
>>377518662
>Fuck it, 3DS > DS
To each his own, but fucking false.
>>
>>377520004
Get a flash cart for a third of the price.
>>
It's easily one of my most favorite systems, however it's like all my other favorites in that I've got piracy on it and have played almost everything it offers, and my phone does any other homebrew shit already.
Great machine though, I implore everyone, buy the cheapest N2DS or N3DS you can get and hack it. The library is top notch.
>>
Vita is much better
>>
>>377521154
kys
>>
>>377518662
I can't get into it's library. It's mostly a port machine with very few gems.

>Fuck it, 3DS > DS

Fuck no. For every good 3DS game, there's 3-10 DS games that were better.
>>
>>377518662
Not really. I hardly used it past year ~3, and beyond that, tons of mediocre games or ports released.

I don't doubt it has plenty of software, but most are complete shit and better found as phone games. You have to be a child sometimes and expect a lot less to really get something out of most 3DS games, whereas kid icarus (though i didnt like it) and Revelations were ambitious and cool, everything following that for the majority was mostly mediocre and children-tier games that had the casual design philosophy.

It was a good port machine though, because that's 90% of its relevant library.
>>
>>377522735
Following this, the console itself hindered a shit ton of games. The only game type that played decent was RPGs for their slow inputs, but the console was uncomfortable as fuck and gave eye cancer. Probably the worse designed console I've ever owned, which brought games down a lot as well.
>>
>>377522898
>Probably the worse designed console I've ever owned
I'm still pissed that the original version allowed for the bottom screen to scratch up the top screen.
>>
>>377518662
>an actual good Final Fantasy game
bravely default and second, the second is a good game (pretty meh story)
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.