[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Citizen passes 150 million dollar Crowdfunding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

Wew: https://www.gamewires.com/posts/71012
Will this game ever come out?
Where all this monet went?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdCFTF8j7yI
>>
>>377510019
>Where all this monet went?
Making the best space sim ever devised by man. The dogfighting module alone BTFOs any space flight sim out there, so I don't see why the rest of the game shouldn't.
>>
Who is this one autistic anon that keeps posting these threads while knowing that nothing but shitposting will occur?
>>
>>377510019
>if I give more money, it will develop faster

That is your logic OP. I am not defending the game blindly, but if you think that more money = less time to develop it / faster it will be released, you're fucking retarded.

It takes time to build a first person space sim.
>>
File: Highest.jpg (129KB, 1354x670px) Image search: [Google]
Highest.jpg
129KB, 1354x670px
>>377510204
How can you be indifferent about this?
Star Citzen just became the largest crowdfunded project in history today.
>>
>>377510308
I disagree. The more time it takes for a game to be develloped the more it cames outdated for the new gen.
>>
This is the most expensive game ever developed. For that alone I can't forgive it, what a huge fucking waste of money,

Star Wars The Old Republic tops Star Citizen by $30 million, but that gap won't last long.
>>
>>377510457
Did you know that they've also earned more money outside of crowd funding? So they probably have a lot more than 150 million. Again, stop posting these threads you autistic fuck.
>>
>>377510308
are you retarded?

even a kid can figure out that more money = more people = less time

kys
>>
>>377510571
Activision spent $500 million on the development and promotion of Destiny
>>
>>377510693
lmao that's now how software development works
>>
>>377510693
So why isn't Rockstar pushing out a GTA every year?
>>
>>377510810
Cite source
>>
>>377510987
https://www.gamespot.com/gallery/20-of-the-most-expensive-games-ever-made/2900-104/
>>
>>377510693
What you're thinking of is the concept of manhours but I dont think that can be applied directly to creative projects. The more money you pour into an art project the more you can expand on your vision and create something greater.
>>
>>377510810
Could just as easily be the project of the brand name, meaning sequels, dlcs and all that.
>>
>>377510308
With a budget that fat and given 5 years of development, you'd think that they'd at least be in the finalization and polishing stages.
>>
>>377510810
Is that why they are relaunching Destiny as a supposedly new game? They spent too much on it just to flop like it did?
>>
>>377510827
incopetence, also you're arguing an established company v. a kickstarter project
>>377510825
??

>aquire competent managers / project overseers
>spend your 150 gorrilion on hundreds of tech grunts / coding monkeys / whatever else you need for a vydia
>profit

I don't expect you to have any idea how real life works, but with that budget, even less, you could do way more if you actually knew how, which I doubt these kickstarter snake oilsman know how
>>377511168
that's where the creative managers / directors i mentioned above come from. You just need to make sure the grunts are all working toward the envisioned goal
>>
it's going to be another No Man's Sky.
>>
>>377510693
I hope to god you are just pretending and not this retarded.
>>
>>377510810
500M in a 10 year span
>>
>>377510810
So 200-250 million for making the game. Usually marketing a game cost more than making it.
>>
>>377511287
No, you are the one who doesn't know shit. And it's funny how you are calling the developers of one of the most well received franchises incompetent, I wonder what you've done in your life to have such high standards.
>>
>>377510457
What is the secret for getting this amount of money from a kickstarter?
>>
>>377511678
Being a con man, which is probably a talent
>>
>>377511678
Making a game that people want, not half assing it, and have as much clarity into your project as you can.
>>
This game looks too phenomenal to be real
>>
I sold my copy and assets of the game a year ago but I'm still optimistic and think it'll be fantastic when it eventually comes out
>>
>>377511678
>obtain charisma
>hire a guy to make a sample product
>???
>profit
>>
>>377510019

> procedural planets

> even emptier and more boring than No Man's Sky
>>
>>377512025
That ending though... amazing.
>>
>>377511252
>They spent too much on it just to flop like it did?

It didn't flop. The game still has 1 million unique users each week. It's sold millions and millions across two platforms. It just wasn't well received at launch but after some expansions it was improved upon a fair bit. Destiny is a huge franchise and I'd be very surprised if Destiny 2 doesn't do 5 million copies by the end of the year across 3 platforms.
>>
>>377512025
Well it's a fukin planet retard.
>>
>>377511770
>Making a game that people want, not half assing it, and have as much clarity into your project as you can.
You mean promising a game that people want and keep the money coming by not delivering anything
>>
>>377511678
https://www.youtube.com/user/RobertsSpaceInd/videos

Constant update and vidya. Not a lot of them do that on Kickstarter..
>>
>>377512145
>Not delivering
Wow, how weird. This non delivery I'm able to play must be my imagination. Roberts is so powerful he's injecting the game into my brain!
>>
>>377510128
Oh? Has it been released yet?
>>
File: smart.jpg (29KB, 622x262px) Image search: [Google]
smart.jpg
29KB, 622x262px
>>377510019

> that model

Holy shit, is this some insane jab at Derek Smart?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFSnSuV9jz8
2018-2019 release. I'm optimistic.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.