[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bayonetta

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

File: Bayonetta_box_artwork.png (149KB, 250x283px) Image search: [Google]
Bayonetta_box_artwork.png
149KB, 250x283px
>finally unlock Jeanne
>can only play her if I reset my progress
WHY?
I wanted to do non-stop ultimax with her, but that's just masochism without any unlocks.
>>
There's a lot of weirdly anti-common-sense decisions in the game
>Can't start on Hard, even on the PC port released 8 years later
>Can't select bosses or alfeims, have to play through entire chapters to get them
>Moon pearls and witch hearts are hidden in the most obtuse way possible yet there's no way to see where you're missing them, forcing you to use a guide over every level if you want maximum health/magic
>Hidden fights you have to backtrack to find count as part of the score making going for high scores annoying
>Three difficulty modes seemingly invite replaying the game but the levels are all designed around setpieces and scripted bits which make replaying less fun since there are so many shallow segments that play out the same you have to go through
The game really gets more praise than it deserves
>>
>>377510440
Hard, INSC are locked because the player is just not equipped for those difficulties without playing through the game at least once and getting all the weapons/hearts/pearls etc.
And Alfheims are part of the levels, so it's only natural you can't replay them separately.
Those are understandable.
>>
>>377510440
>The game really gets more praise than it deserves
No, it doesn't, at least not on PC, where it sold like utter dogshit, just as it fucking should have. Shitonetta is an overhyped piece of shit that got exposed as a shitty game the moment it hit PC.
>>
>>377510440

Hard and NSIC are locked because only super autists wouldn't get instantly bodies in them without the upgrades one gets in a normal playthrough.
>>
>>377510804
>exposed as a shitty game the moment it hit PC

Kek. PCfats sure do think their all-knowing, discerning shitpinions mean something
>>
>>377510804
Why are you so angry?
>>
>>377510440

How the fuck would you even fare on Hard mode from the get go with no items?
>>
I just wish they let you change to Jeanne in Chapter Select, like the costumes.
>>
>>377510804

>game gets ported to PC
>it's suddenly shit

You're not fooling anyone sonybro
>>
>>377510787
>Alfheims are part of the levels, so it's only natural you can't replay them separately.
Their entrance is part of the level. The actual thing is in a separate area. Your argument is "but the game is just like that so it should probably be that way"

>>377510930
Then just hide it behind a cheat code

>>377511093
Don't get hit? Git gud? Maybe just dole out a couple items immediately to kick-start the meat of the game? It's for people who've played it before.
>>
File: by2023.jpg (129KB, 1280x720px)
by2023.jpg
129KB, 1280x720px
>>377509732
I agree. The core gameplay is fantastic, but there are a lot of small issues with UX flow.

> Have to play through the same 10 minute shallow afterburner clone to replay the best fight in the game.
>>
>>377511290
I cant get platinum rank on this shit no matter what
>>
File: LMAO.png (474KB, 1056x777px)
LMAO.png
474KB, 1056x777px
>>377511173
>it's suddenly shit
>suddenly
No, it has always been shit, it's just that console peasants overhyped it to hell and back back when it was released, since they are literal shit-eaters with zero standards who buy every turd put on their plate due to consoles having relatively pathetic game libraries in general.

When the game hit PC, PC patricians saw it for what it was and laughed at the bald, insecure manlet who shat out this turd. This trash is worse than fucking LotF, LMAO.
>>
>>377511850
What do sales number have to do with the quality of a game?
>>
>>377510976
>>377510997
>>377511173
report and ignore bait you stupid newfigs
>>
>>377511093
People do raw NSIC all the time, retard.
>>
File: 1488574749865.jpg (87KB, 1076x743px)
1488574749865.jpg
87KB, 1076x743px
>>377511173
>available on 360, PS3, and Wii-U.
>PS3 version is the worst version.
>sonybro.
>>
>>377511947
>m-my shit game is good, I s-swear!
>i-it doesn't matter that nobody bought it, t-they just have b-bad taste, haha!
>>
>Faggot is trying to make people hate Bayonetta by making daily threads
Why are white people shit?
>>
>>377512319
>Why are white people shit?
At least they're people.
>>
>>377512129
You didn't need to reply if you didn't want to answer the question. No need for a hissy fit.
>>
>>377510930
>>377511093
>>377510787

Then they should have designed the game better, so you wouldn't have to upgrade yourself on Normal before going to Hard. They fixed this in Bayo 2, along with many other stupid flaws they had in Bayo 1, like the insta-death QTEs.

DOOM is another game with upgrades, but you can start off on whatever difficulty you want.

Game difficulty should depend mostly or solely on player skill, not having upgrades.

And Bayo 1 has always been criticized for these flaws, despite Bayofags/Platinumfags/Famitsu claiming it's perfect and the best game ever; don't act like these criticisms are brand new just because of the PC release.
>>
Does this game have a bloody palace style mode? Everything in between fights is a bit of a chore.
>>
>>377512569
You have to do some dumb shit to unlock it
>>
>>377512634
Whats it called?
>>
>>377511226
Obviously I don't mean they're part of the level just spatially. I mean Alfheims are part of the time/combo score count.
You can skip those if you're going for the fastest completion, but if you're competing for hi-score, you'll likely have to do them as well as all other verses in the chapter.
>>
>>377511850
Shoo-shoo, Deck 13, employee.
>>
>>377512552
>Then they should have designed the game better, so you wouldn't have to upgrade yourself on Normal before going to Hard.
You're not making any sense. The game IS well designed in that regard, because it doesn't let you rush in blind on Hard mode. The only issue here is - it doesn't let you select Jeanne on the same save file.
>>
>>377512692
Lost Chapter: Angel Slayer.
>>
>>377513108
How is that good design? All youre doing is preventing vets or masochists from having fun. A proper warning would put off everyone else, or hiding it behind a code like in dmc.
>>
File: PCfags taste.png (167KB, 388x400px)
PCfags taste.png
167KB, 388x400px
>>377511850
>implying PCfats have good taste
>>
How come you never see statues of humans doing normal things, like eating food or drinking water or trying on clothes?

Maybe it's because Google is operated by the devil
>>
>>377513108

It's like you only read the line that you quoted in my post, and not the entirety of it.

Like I said, game difficulty should be a matter of skill, not "lol, you're not ready yet, kid, go upgrade yourself on Normal, first". Why is the game making that decision for me? You don't see how that's arbitrarily limiting and constraining, for someone like me who has plays this game several times already and wants to skip all the filler crap, and doesn't mind a harder challenge in general?

If you don't want to die on a higher difficulty in any game, then git gud. Or just admit you're not good, and hone your skill on a lower difficulty. That's how game difficulty should work. Again, that's why they fixed this in Bayo 2, where you can start on Hard. And Bayo 2 still had upgrades, anyway, which makes your point moot.
>>
File: 1491062813378.png (14KB, 266x214px)
1491062813378.png
14KB, 266x214px
>>377513436
>posts an objectively superior game
>implies it's somehow worse
>>
>>377513436
Please elaborate what point are you trying to make here.
>>
>>377510804
>where it sold like utter dogshit,
>200k
>bad
>>
>>377513436
To be fair though, DMC was bundled with a shitton of AMD shit
>>
File: BKG.png (295KB, 524x739px)
BKG.png
295KB, 524x739px
>>377515337
>200k
>good
>especially for an action game

Random literally who turn based games made by literally who devs sell better than this trash.
>>
>>377515806
damn why so narrow minded?
>>
>>377515806
that shit was on humble bundle for 1 dollaritos
are you serious anon ?
>>
Playing through this right now and am currently on chapter 6 or 7 I think. The beginning chapters were sort of OK but I ended up getting my ass kicked and ended up with stone on the last two. What are essential accessories, techniques, etc that I should buy?
>>
>>377511290
Those minigames Platinum puts in are the bad. I have no idea how they kept making these to be worse versions of the game their mimicking.
The ones in Nier managed to be better by not being directed by a Platinum guy.
>>
>>377515806
>Release date 2014
>Was sold on Humble Bundle for pennies
Meanwhile
>Bayonetta launched a month ago
>200k sales and going up
REALLY MAKES YOU THINK
>>
fucking pure cancer who turn this into a pc vs console thread
>>
>>377512552

Bayonetta 2's hard was just one's normal. It hardly counts as a fix.
>>
>>377509732
The game isn't THAT good.
It came out in a period were games were mediocre, specially hack and slash games. So it's natural it got praise.
>>
>>377516075
bat within
moon accessory is pretty good

really though its about getting a grip on dodge offset
>>
File: bernie7.jpg (359KB, 1024x736px)
bernie7.jpg
359KB, 1024x736px
>>377509732
How do I consistently get platinum for combo? I'm doing a pure plat run and I keep getting plat on everything but gold combo and it's pissing me off. Is there an item that's good for extending witch time or helping with combo gain?
>>
>>377519670
You need to be constantly pulling off wicked weaves, either by finishing combos or the "back forward" instant weave moves.
Also never let your combo drop.
>>
>>377519670
Items will lower your score and guarantee you never see a platinum.
Just get good, use lots of varied combos, and keep getting yourself in witchtime. The combo point multiplier increases much more in witchtime.
>>
>>377520420
By items I meant accessories.
>>
>>377510440
>Hidden fights you have to backtrack to find count as part of the score making going for high scores annoying

This pissed me off to no end, fucking retarded
>>
>>377519670
Use more wicked weaves in your combos, since they get you more points, and also prevent combo score from degrading from repeating attacks. And to use wicked weaves consistently you need to master dodge offset. Although sometimes you might kill enemies too fast.

If everything else fails you can use Gaze of Despair accessory which automatically enrages enemies. Enraged enemies give you much more points and I think witch time they trigger is also longer than normal.

Don't be afraid to mix and match different weapons and accessories for verses you have troubles platinuming.
>>
>>377520504
It's really funny how the devs didn't really want to make the player's life harder or piss them off.
You know what's Kamiya's motivation behind those hidden verses? He just thought it'd be fun to blast through empty levels at high speed in cat form.
The hidden chests and heart pieces are deliberate though.
>>
there a difference between the handguns and bayo's default magic guns? which is better?
>>
>>377523250
Handguns do less damage, so they come in handy when you don't wanna kill enemies too fast. Like easy difficulties and torture attack challenges. (correct me if I'm wrong)
>>
>>377519670

There's a lot of things you can learn, but mainly learn to dodge offset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOVVmm4KOm4
>>
>>377523250
handguns dont have wicked weaves
>>
>>377523496
It's explained well enough in-game. There's just no mandatory tutorial on it for some reason in the prologue.
You don't need to watch some youtuber's 5 min long video just to tell you that "you continue your combos after a dodge, if you dodge while holding down attack buttons during a combo".
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.