[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final Fantasy is a great series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: thebest.jpg (624KB, 1302x920px) Image search: [Google]
thebest.jpg
624KB, 1302x920px
but XII & XV take the cake.
>>
>>377508287
As someone who's never played XV. Whats the deal with the later chapters being cut/rushed and the developers saying they wanna do something about it?

Is there actually gonna be a patch/DLC that adds content to the game and fleshes out the later chapters?
>>
File: Yusuke_Naora_FFXI_11_years.jpg (247KB, 988x340px) Image search: [Google]
Yusuke_Naora_FFXI_11_years.jpg
247KB, 988x340px
>>377508287
XII and XV are good but the best FF game is the one that is still getting love to this day.
>>
>>377508287
i don't like 15 at all, i can't believe it got such good press, it's the worst one, way worse than 13 and even 12. i'm glad you decided to include it in your bait.
>>
>>377508416
>Whats the deal with the later chapters being cut/rushed and the developers saying they wanna do something about it?

50% memeing. it's mainly that the game changes tone and people didn't like it. the latest patch is 9 gbs, fixed and improves a lot of things.
>>
>>377508287
nice to see that the marketing became deeper than the game itself
proves that FF felt into shallowness
>>
>>377508784
>i'm glad you decided to include it in your bait.

not baiting really. FF has always had consistently good entries but as fas as rpg mechanics go, they were never that advanced. apart from XII & XV, which are both great stories with great presentation and have proper deep rpg mechanics.
>>
File: 1351292480112.jpg (124KB, 337x367px) Image search: [Google]
1351292480112.jpg
124KB, 337x367px
>>377508948
How on earth does XII and XV mechanics go deeper than XI's?
>>
>>377508948
i can kind of agree with you on the mechanics being 'innovative' in both games, but they also sucked dick. xv combat is a big mess. xii >gambits, and the story was lame.
>>
>>377508998
>How on earth does XII and XV mechanics go deeper than XI's?

mmos are to be compared with other mmos. although I wouldn't say XI's mechanics are better really. it's a game designed to be a pointless time vampire.

>>377508881
>nice to see that the marketing became deeper than the game itself proves that FF felt into shallowness

bro if english is not your first language don't try to make overly complex sentences.
>>
>>377509059
innovative?
they aren't
they're just reskin of usual fighting
>>
>>377508416
there is some rushed content but the game goes linear becuase the story calls for it allowing you to return to the open world whenever you want by going back in time (not in universe time travel just the player can to dick around or levle up), the game then goes into a massive mood swing where just about everything goes wrong for everyone and it becomes a soul sucking tone of pure misery all the way to the end.

Th egame has flaws and some anti climaxes but aside from chap 13 theres not much really egrigious there, it honestly improves the game alot especially chapter 14 which is easily some of the best the series ever got.
>>
>>377509185
"it's an mmo" is a cop out for people who either don't want to explain because they know they're wrong, or for people who have never played it so they can't explain.

Mechanics in XI go deeper than any other FF game out there. They're satisfying to explore and play about with.
>>
>>377509185
>mmos are to be compared with other mmos.
>>377509386
>"it's an mmo" is a cop out for people who either don't want to explain

not exactly what I said but you are right I played XI a grand total of 10 hours 10 years ago. I really can't bring to care anyway. if you want a better opinion you should ask mmo players not FF/single player rpg players.
>>
>>377508287
You can always spot the millenial by their love afair with ff12 despite it being a gigantic bomb. Its only good because ff13 exists
>>
>>377509594
Doesn't matter if it's an MMO, it's still an RPG mainline FF game.
>>
>>377509682
>millenial
I mean you obviously don't even thought about this before typing it. But a millenial's first FF would've been VI or VII.
>>
>>377508416
>Is there actually gonna be a patch/DLC that adds content to the game and fleshes out the later chapters?
No. It's just more poorly cooked bullshit for people to shitpost about. The game was so unfinished.
>>
>>377508287
If 12s protag was Basch it would have been way better.
>>
>>377508416
The story just moves quickly once you hit chapter 9 and doesn't explain in too much detail some things. Yes dlc and updates is adding to the story to better show and explain things.
>>
>>377508784
nice bait
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.