[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Packshot.jpg (832KB, 3400x4400px) Image search: [Google]
Packshot.jpg
832KB, 3400x4400px
Thoughts?
>>
I need to get money. I wish I had a better job. I wish could go back to sleep. I'm so tired.
>>
>>377507254
Boring, predictable. Camera mechanic just ended up being tedious.
>>
It's a being chased simulator. Need I say more?
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 480x270px
>>377507254
I play a lot of shitty horror walking sims and it's one of the more solid ones. It's not without flaws, like the camera's battery life being 30 seconds, story goes bonkers close to the end, and you can't do ANYTHING but hide. A man in his 20s-30s can't throw a punch or pick up something and swing it or even shove an enemy out of the way? Give me a break. The DLC was alright too but you feel even more ineffectual, and get saved two or three times by the big bad by something out of the blue, never by something you personally did. Getting tied up and watching a crazy person about to disfigure you for the fourth time isn't "scary".

Visually it looks good, the setting is creepy and even some of the jump-scares are even alright. It starts off strong but by the end I was just wishing it would end already. But like I said it's better than most games of this type. Though that's not saying a lot.

Avoid Outlast 2 like the plague though. Absolute garbage. Worse in every possible way.
>>
>>377507254
The second game shouldn't have had any ties to the first game
>>
>>377507254
It should have been revealed that Jessica raped Blake in that storage room.

It had a perfect setup with the tongues that pull Blake into the school world occasionally, the fact that the scene cut from Val sexually abusing Blake to Jessica mounting him and pinning him down with him begging her to get off him. It would have given Blake a reason not to speak up to Priest Molester when he asked what they were doing still in school with pre-marital sex being a sin. It would have given the Priest a reason to go apeshit and accidentally murder Jessica during his sexual assault on her when she didn't bleed from losing her hymen and he discovered she'd already been deflowered. It'd make sense from Jessica's point of view because she grew up in a violent, abusive home, not to mention she's at least been molested by the Priest before this so she wouldn't have been a stranger to that kind of thing. And she'd have seen the boy she loves fall for another girl and would want to keep him by any means.

She should have raped him. Or at least attempted to. Not for edgy reasons, just because the story very strongly looked to be going in that direction.
>>
>>377511907
wrong game but yeah that would've made some sense. outlast 2 was trash start to finish.
>>
Pretty much just "alright." I mostly like it because I have fond memories playing it for my younger cousins that were too scared to play themselves. Might also be worth something just by being one of the few big name/mainstream survival horror titles to be out at its time.
>>
I'm fucking sick of horror games where your only option is to run and hide. The idea is that it's supposed to be tense since you have no way of defending yourself, but it takes you out of it because you know if the situation was real, even the most braindead nigger would have picked up a lead pipe or something and started swinging as soon as the big naked dude started charging them.
>>
>>377507254
Alright for a free game.
>>
>>377512294
this.

they obviously make it this way because they don't want to turn the game into a stalk-and-murder game since that ruins the tension they're trying to create. but when the enemies are just normal dudes, not superhuman or supernatural, you should at least be able to pick up a 2x4 and swing it at them. maybe not kill them, but stun or stagger them to give you a chance to run.

being able to fight back was one of the very few things i actually liked about RE7. even though i hated nearly everything else except jack and thought the game was way overrated. being able to use your limited ammo to give yourself a breather from jack or margeritte was a good thing that more first person spookers should copy.
>>
>>377507254
First one is great. A reasonable story, an appropriate setting and for the most part decent level design.
The character is a milquetoast beta male, so don't expect any fighting. That said, it is a fun game and I'd recommend it and the DLC if you get them cheap.

Outlast 2 is a bit blander, it doesn't use the new setting in any way other than maybe one time. The story is far less cohesive and frankly, the whole game is a bit lacklustre.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.