[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: PlayStationAllStars.jpg (49KB, 256x295px) Image search: [Google]
PlayStationAllStars.jpg
49KB, 256x295px
what went wrong?
>>
It didn't go all the way with copyig smash.
ring outs > only supers can kill

...also lacking all stars in general when fucking cloud got into smash before this.
>>
>>377503528
We're gonna be here a while.
>>
>only supers can kill
>a hodgepodge of characters that no one really cares about

I loved BioShock. I don't want to play as a Big Daddy versus furries.
>>
hated for being too much like smash bros while at the same time not being enough like smash bros.

also the roster sucked. too many characters that either didn't belong because they weren't really associated with PlayStation AT ALL or they were too new and not exactly THAT well liked. donte and big daddy were just weird choices. lack of ACTUAL PlayStation icons like cloud, crash, and spyro due to copyright issues was also a huge problem.
>>
>Can only kill opponent by using specials on them
>2 Coles
>Donte instead of Dante
>No Abe or Crash
>>
No Spikat
>>
>>377504187
That's exactly the sort of quality I'd expect from a "person" who draws shipping scribbles of some subpar Smash clone.
>>
>>377504243
It was a request
>>
>>377503528

You can't beat Nintendo at their own game.

Sony tried this with motion controls, platformers, handhelds, etc. and fail every time.
>>
>terrible maps
>controls just don't feel smooth enough
>only supers being able to kill enemies is not fun

Its like they actively tried to suck the fun out of a smash style game.
>>
>>377503528
>copied Smash
>yet completely missed the point of what made Smash fun by changing too many mechanics

They should have either gone full Smash clone or done their own thing. Instead it ended up in an ugly limbo. Also a lot of the roster was a joke. Fucking Big Daddy? Donte? Honestly they should have secured the rights to Crash and Spyro at a minimum before they even attempted something like this. Though considering the Crash remakes, maybe that'll happen now.
>>
>>377503528
Sony has no worthwhile mascots like Nintendo does
>>
File: Kat Aloy.png (211KB, 622x476px) Image search: [Google]
Kat Aloy.png
211KB, 622x476px
>>377504526
Here's the answer: casuals
When the majority of people have really REALLY shit fucking taste, you'd could get their cash simply by making something shitty, so even if you have something that could be considered good, you throw it way.
Almost everything wrong with their IP's usually reflects on their audience, where a work of stolen ideas like The Last Of Us is considered one of the greatest games of all time by shit critics and casuals alike, while something like Jumping Flash and Gravity Rush ends up being niche.
This is why people say Sony has no good characters: the only ones they know of are fucking shit and come from shit games, even when they think it's good.
And the characters that are more deserving will always be literally who's because most people who play games are at beast 18-20 years old and have really shitty fucking taste.
What's worse is when Sony Smash represented some good ones in a shit way where characters looked fucking ugly and the rivalries had them hating each other for no reason, making almost all of them out of character.
>>
The roster was shit, and gameplay was weird.

>No
>Crash
>Spyro
>Lara Croft
>Dante
>Cloud or any FF rep
>Raiden instead of Snake

For playstation allstars they were lacking a lot.
>>
Sony is at least a better professional at the "game series killing olympics", because they make it where nobody complains about their IP's.
Which means Nintendo and Capcom are too far behind by having people still complaining about Metroid and Mega Man.
>>
>>377504910
This.
>>
>>377504526
They don't really have "mascots" but they do have plenty of beloved characters that are associated with the Sony brand. The problem is that Sony can't be assed to secure the rights to most of those characters. The only characters they could get were basically advertisements. That's why you got Donte instead of Dante and Raiden instead of Snake. And Big Daddy was because of that Bioshock PS3 port.
>>
>>377504925
Megaman fans are so weird to me. They just want more of the same game.
>>
Shit characters
Shit ways to kill people
>>
>>377504292
FUCKING DELETE THIS RIGHT NOW!!!!!
>>
>>377504706
Here's an example of what i'm talking about
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOfTk2wkJ18
>>
>>377505001
I think its because of Legends
>>
Honestly, I liked it more than Brawl. It's definitely got a ton of flaws though, hoping for a sequel that improves greatly on it.
>>
>>377505251
Oh, well, that ones fair.
>>
>>377505486
>That tweet they've made about not there being an audience of MML3
>>
They should have added giant Carmelita
>>
>>377505915
Yes but as a stage hazard
>>
>>377506406
No
Make her playable and also add Yumi and Lammy
>>
>>377503528
EVERYTHING.
>>
>>377504910
Pretty much this. Too many 3rd party characters, not enough 1st party ones. And the 3rd party ones they did have weren't iconic i.e Crash, Spyro, Cloud, Snake etc.
>>
>>377507072
Only 4 (5 if you count Isaac) were third party in the original PSASBR.
One thing is all the actual problems with this game, another thing is doing research.
>>
>complaining about the roster
Clear indicator that you casual kids didn't play it to see how differently the characters actually played, and you're just parroting shit you read online, or you only care about names, not gameplay.

>complaining it didn't follow Smash's rules
Fun fact: It's not Smash. Even if they had included a mode which counted ringouts and changed physics based on damage sustained, you fuckers would probably have just moaned about how it copied Smash.

>>377503528
Small development budget, inexperienced team, wafer-thin selection of modes, poorly written story mode, selling on-disc costumes as dlc, unbalanced to the point it required a gargantuan update to address problems, not tapping more into the PS1/2 catalogue for inspiration.
>>
>>377507429
>Fun fact: It's not Smash.
You're right. Smash is good.
>>
File: IMG_1108.jpg (207KB, 920x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1108.jpg
207KB, 920x900px
>>377504292
WHAT? NOOOOOO! SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UPPPPP!!!!!!
>>
>>377507746
Smash is different, you close-minded fuckstick.
>>
>>377508015
Smash is both different and better.

PSAS doesn't get points for being different if it's still shit.
>>
Community Wise?

They didn't adopt 2v2. That was the superior format for the game as different characters move sets and supers complemented each other for burst combos and super confirms. A Z-tier character in 1v1 would shoot up to S-Tier in a team environment. Dan can keep people locked down for days and Spike can push fuckers your way with ease. A bunch of useless level 1 would now become scary in teams.

The 1v1 environment was stale and boring as fuck. You had the same 3 characters running around taking pot shots at each other or doing the same burst combos to build a level 3 to get guaranteed kills. The game was a chore to watch at that point.

Development Wise?

Those dumb niggers didn't dive into the PS1 and PS2 era of properties at all. There were a ton of opportunities to revive Sony's old forgotten IPs. We got Sir Dan which was hella cool, but no Dart? No Rau Utu? No Alundra or Tomba? If you had trouble getting third parties to sign up, why waste your time getting fucking hand outs like Donte? Why the fuck would give God of War a second rep?

The presentation was also lacking. It looked poorly put together by some intern.

The game itself I found to be fun and the only thing I would change would be to give everyone air dashes, air grabs, air super and to get rid of the Cinematic supers and replace them with something else.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.