[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prey

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 5

File: 4643.jpg (7KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
4643.jpg
7KB, 299x168px
Why's everyone giving this game so much shit? It's literally a sci-fi Dishonored. 9/10 from me.
>>
I give it a BRAP/10 because of all the fart scenes. Didnt really fit the theme of the game and I dont know why they added them.
>>
>>377502069
90% of modern gaymers are casuals with shit taste
>>
Based on the demo, the writing is shit compared to dishonored. Didn't play dishonored 2 though, so maybe that's what arkane is like now.
>>
It's pretty bad
>>
>>377502069
>went from dark messiah to this
yeah nah its shit.
>>
>>377502154

Also, it's nothing like Dishonored since it's not a stealth game.
>>
>>377502069
I hated dishonored. Thanks for saving me some money.
>>
>>377502069
Sci-fi is trash though
>>
It is not bad it just boring and mediocre.

It is like playing FEAR games all over -you already seen all of this and just follow old good comfortable path.

Gets boring very quickly.
>>
>>377502206
It actually is, since you can't get past some of the buff anomalies without stealth and there's an entire talent tree for that objective.

I get what you mean tho, that's not how the game is meant to be played, compared to Dishonored.
>>
>>377502069
Dishonored is trash, so yeah.
>>
>>377502069
It's more like BioShock than Dishonoured.
>>
>>377502368
I didn't use stealth once on my first playthrough. Stealth is an option, but it's not a stealth game.
>>
>>377502069
>It's literally a sci-fi Dishonored.

You're making me want to delete my torrent.
>>
>>377502069
You mean Bioshock in space
>>
>>377502069
It was literally 9/10 until it completely broke yesterday and I've lost 30 hours of progress.
Now it's literally 0/10.
>>
>>377502069
I honestly think people (including some in this thread) are too casual/too stupid to actually experiment. The game is extremely deep and doesn't coddle you. There's plenty of survivors with side quests that can easily die before you get a chance to even talk to them. I've nearly lost Igwe and Mikhaila twice now due to the military drones and have had to increase my fortifications around my office just to combat this.
>>
>>377502069
>It's literally a sci-fi Dishonored
and that's pretty bad
I never bothered to finish Dishonored
the combat in Prey is even worse then in Dishonored
>>
>>377502069
It sucks. If you bought it for 80 bucks feel free to neck yourself
>>
File: 1448131034931.png (16KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
1448131034931.png
16KB, 560x407px
>>377502069
People just pretend to like Sci-Fi but they actually hate it.
Its the exact same thing with The Surge, the game is very fun, but people nitpick and complain about everything.
>>
>>377502069
its bland, boring shit without any enemy variety.
You just have shit taste
>>
>>377503470
I didn't use stealth once during my dishonored playthrough either.
I don't know why any one would, you miss out on all the cool powers
>>
gunplay sucks ass. The game is okay but it's worth closer to $20. It's incredibly short and despite having some fun stuff to do to path alternately, most of it's very linear. go to A unlock a bunch of shit, go to B, unlock a bunch of shit with little variety or paths that diverge but ultimately converge back at the exact same spot in the exact same way anyway.
>>
>>377502069
>dishonored
Not even close, shill harder, worthless faggot
>>
>Accidently disassemble my fully upgraded shotgun
>Last savegame was a while ago
Stuff like this actually pisses me off so much. WHY is it even possible to disassemble favorited equipment? WHY does your upgraded weapons look identical to the trash ones you pick up?

There are so many little things like this that makes it just a bother to play
>>
>>377503902
This. I love prey but its like a SciFi bioshock 1 kind of. Nothing like dishonored
>>
i was really disappointed with the weapon upgrade system
was expecting something that would change the weapon like in bioshock
it's just mmo-tier upgrades +5% y shit

that alone places the game below bioshock 1
>>
>>377503650
shit was patched in first week after the release
0/10 because you pirated 1.0 version makes me think
>>
>>377503894
What the fuck, this criticism is way off

There are shilling against this amazing game for some reason
>>
File: chosen und.png (157KB, 500x309px) Image search: [Google]
chosen und.png
157KB, 500x309px
>>377503594
>bioshock in space
>>
>>377504934
he's right though
the gunplay and combat in the game is fucking terrible
>>
>have solid discussion when the game came out
>most of /v/ enjoyed it
>crack comes out
>all the retards break out talking about how its shit
hmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>377505105
The crack was out like an hour after the game was released mate.
>>
>half life with resource gathering, crafting and inventory management
>good
>>
Dishonored was quite okay filled with mediocrity, so I'm not sure if you're praising it or bashing it
>>
>>377502069
All the guns fighting looks like complete shit.
>>
>>377505105
>have solid discussion when the game came out
>most of /v/ enjoyed it
This is the Prey thread m8, are you looking for the Nier thread?
>>
>>377503825
The Surge doesn't even have multiplayer you fucking mouth breather. That's like half the reason to play a souls like game.
>>
when can we get an arx fatalis/dark messiah hybrid
cmon arkane i mean surely they dont own the rights to dark messiah but they could get away with a spinoff thats dark messiah-ish without butthurting ubisoft
>>
>>377505310
You're a nigger. Not as much as a nigger as the people who pretend there's nothing wrong with Surge though.
>>
>>377505105
>shills shill shit game
>people actually play it
>they discover its a shit game
>they express their opinion
wow wtf I hate opinions now
>>
>>377505105
>whaaaa it's hated because it's popular
will you retards ever get tired?
>>
>>377505181
That's not true though
>>
>>377505343
I haven't played Arx Fatalis but goddamn Dark messiah is nowhere as good as people here claim it to be. Feels like a half assed HL2 mod, and the combat is awful. Played it for like 1 hour and I had to uninstall.
>>
>>377502069
>It's literally a sci-fi Dishonored
That is not a compliment in anyone's book.
>>
>>377503578
I think he meant Bioshock. Its nothing like dishonored
>>
>>377504395
Obviously it either wasn't or it's not the same problem. My game now spawns levels completely devoid of enemies with all doors unlocked. Almost like it was using data from a later, corrupted save.
And no, I've bought the game. Not even the 1.3 beta patch resolves the problem.
>>
>>377505021
Is it, though?

I am having more fun with combat than in bioshock, even if I treat it as a nuisance . Of course it could flow better, but the way ai responds(at least for me on hard) makes you to pick your battles and slightly combo the items, what more than anything I think attributes to the scarcity of resorces, what bioshock never had and you could steam roll everyone with the same gun and skill.

Game is rather long too, and has bunch of other objectives you could pursue.

It's not a perfect game, but definitely not as shit as people say.
>>
>>377502069
>Why's everyone giving this game so much shit?
Because /v/ is fucking stupid. They're also probably trying to play it with a controller.

>>377504032
Your favorited equipment should have a key number in the top corner, and you can hover over it to check the filled upgrade slots.
>>
its System Shock 3,ish.

the plot is actually quite good, and the world is quite well built, every fucking corpse has a fucking name and function/job on the station, and the station itself is believable in its layout and areas.

the "outside" part even has the station matchup to how its interior is, as well.

definatly a game styled after games of bygone era's, though, so anyone who dislikes Systemshock-esque games is going to hate it.

my one complaint on abilites is Leverage quickly become useless as a pathfinding ability because anything you can't lift, you can blow up with your gernade.
>>
This game doesn't look very good from webs posted and from videos I watched.

>hey guys this is such a great new immersive sim!
>watch gameplay
>every time the player character gets close to an object they can interact with, a prompt appears: PRESS E TO USE

Whoever called this shit immersive has no clue what immersion is at all.
>>
>>377505426
its a dated game
it had some rough edges but its combat philosophy was flawless and its linear style rpg gameplay design is one of the rare things i see game designers follow through with so it did that good too
all i want is a spiritual successor to dark messiah with polished combat with non reliance on the kicking simulator aspect, also to include a more nuanced rewarding exploration system and a more updated skillset to choose from flexibly without relying on any one specifically like in dark messiah and a much greater story
there was potential in dark messiah and through its flaws i still loved the game (could be the nostalgia speaking but idc)
>>
>>377505841
Cont'd

also the multiple ways you can use the nerf gun to get into areas is great, sure its sort of "obvious" but it gets harder and harder to make the shots as the game goes on, need a fucking scope for this bitch.

also the sheer number of secrets and side paths is pretty impressive for agame of this generation.
>>
>>377505930
This, I haven't played the game but i'm going to have to agree with /v/ on this one. It's awful.
>>
>>377505667
the weapon upgrade system is also inferior to bioshock
>>
>love it
>check people playing on yt and twitch
>most of them play like clueless mouthbreathers
I think this game is for a more mature audience and not for kids to appreciate the things it does

Sort of like how people who read John Green or fantasy and complain how classics or novels without dragons are boring
>>
>>377505105
It's the comeplete opposite
>nothing but shitposting about how the game is trash
>crack comes out
>suddenly people are having reasonable discussions
>>
>spend years mocking Infinite's smart game for smart gamers schlock
>pull the exact same shit with Prey
Really makes you think.
>>
>>377506058
the fact that people on /v/ think the progression is linear shows the age of this board
>>
>>377506173
game is nothing like Infinite whatsoever, which turned the System SHock/Bioshock gameplay into a fucking corridor shooter.
>>
>>377502069
Should've let Chris Avellon write and direct the whole thing
>>
>>377506168
This

It's opposite of Nier, where the crack comes and people do see what ass bait it was.
>>
>>377506173
>I never played Prey, but I should still make stupid comments about it
>>
>>377506173
That's a fucking weird comparison, Infinite was dumb in all the ways Prey is smart.
>>
File: 1364519161261.gif (2MB, 267x199px) Image search: [Google]
1364519161261.gif
2MB, 267x199px
>>377502069
>ask someone why i should buy a game
>yo dude its so much fun its literally this other game that's also good
I hate seeing this so goddamn much
>>
>>377506407
>Prey is smart
>>
>>377506173
>Bioshock Infinite
>racism is bad
>DUDE ALTERNATE DIMENSIONS

>Prey
>what makes us human?
>does the end justify the means?

Totally the same
>>
File: fb7.gif (536KB, 381x512px) Image search: [Google]
fb7.gif
536KB, 381x512px
>speed upgrades
>slow-mo
>maxed out shotty
>blink psi
DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU CAN GET AWAY YOU FUCKING WEAVER
>>
>>377505930
This bugs me, but it's a strange detail to get hung up on.

But yeah, the interface in this game is kinda meh, just like Dishonored
>>
>>377506463
this, Prey is about existentialism, on multiple levels even, such as even the simple quandry of the "pulling Neruomods" reseting you as a person back to who knows when, and if you are still use if you choose to be a different kind of person after.
>>
>>377506510
It is an issue when you claim your game aims to be immersive, just for the user interface to constantly remind you that you're just playing a game.

I'll agree Dishonored felt kinda bland. It had good level design but it really stopped there, the rest was nothing special at all.
>>
>>377506456
yeah dude, the maze-like design of Talos and how the disparate parts all flow into a satisfying gameplay loop is smart gameplay design ya knob.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.