[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is minecraft actually a bad game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: minecraft.jpg (190KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
minecraft.jpg
190KB, 1280x720px
Is minecraft actually a bad game?
>>
no

a lot of it's bad rep is because of the huge amount of autistic children that play it
>>
>>377500612
For a game with infinite worlds and infinite building possibilities it gets boring surprisingly fast, at least without mods
>>
File: [001046].jpg (42KB, 695x463px) Image search: [Google]
[001046].jpg
42KB, 695x463px
>>377500739
I find the vita version decent because it isn't endless
>>
>>377500612
No.
Like >>377500707 said, this game dragged in a large fanbase of autists, and when that happens it means shilling out the ass and non stop throat fucking of "PLAY IT! YOU'LL LIKE IT OF YOU DO!" shittalking.
>>
>>377500612
Yes, but it was good game, long time ego
>>
>>377500739
There are goals at least. You can play with friends and attempt to do said goals as fast as you can. Stops the boring from hitting until those goals are done.

The real way to play is definitely with mods. FTB all the way.
>>
>>377500612
Yes. Its very shallow and there isnt much to do unless you have the "tism

Its praised for muh infinite world until you realise its very fucking empty and no matter how "cool" your building is, no one cares. PvP ( Fucking lol ) Was ruined forever with texture packs that essentially allow people to map hack.

Tl DR its shit
>>
>>377500612
Its just insufferable fanbase.
I really miss old days
>>
>>377500612
I enjoyed it for about an hour. It needed to have more game and less open world Legos in it. Like Terraria for example. If they made a 3D Terraria I would never be able to stop playing it.
>>
>>377500707
>autistic children
It's just children. If you hold them to adult standards they're all autistic.
>>
Minecraft is unexpressed potential: the game.

It could've been much, much more than a simple lego simulator. What we got is a barebone game that has barely changed in depth since its inception and that requires heavy modding to be anything more than that.
>>
>>377500612
It depends on whether you've played it before and how much time you've put in to it. Minecraft is a great building game that offers a lot of potential when making your own structures, but I'd say it leaves a lot to be desired as a satisfying video game experience. Once the novelty of building and exploring wears off there's not much depth to the game. When compared to a game like Terraria where there is a very clear and obvious character progression in terms of attack power and traversal ability, Minecraft is basically stays the same no matter how far along you get. It doesn't matter if you've got a wooden sword or a diamond sword, combat always feels bad in Minecraft. In Terraria you get the ability to double jump, hover, fly and sprint to expedite traversal, in Minecraft you have to construct railways for quicker travel and it's about as fun as it sounds.
>>
>>377500612
If there's a problem, a mod exists for it, so no.
Only problem is children and the fact that amazon has basically bought the community.
>>
This brings up a solid question, if a game with mods is great but the game without mods is average but is conducive to mod support; is the game bad?

I feel like Minecraft is a game that was meant to be modded. It was being modded from like month one after getting its own client. And its great when its modded.
>>
>>377502905

Minecraft was not created with modding in mind. Remember the whole official modding API debacle?
>>
>>377500612
it still years after it´s official release would not qualify as a game to me and still just a beta. the combat is a joke and the actual "story progression" is way too short and simple.
>>
>>377500612
BROWN BRICKS
>>
>>377502905
Minecraft pre-mojang is a good game, simply but good.
Modern minecraft is just so damned bloated.
If the community that forms around the game is good, then the game is not bad by any means.

>>377502982
It's not an RPG despite what Jeb thinks.
It's a sandbox game, combat and story are tacked on shit that don't belong.
>>
>>377500928
> "no matter how "cool" your building is, no one cares"

>what is minecraft lets play now a cheap marketing meme
>what is lets play and lets build channels; the game
>what is making something for the accomplishment of enjoyment, not popularity

Game can be considered shallow if you just think broad application of talents is shallow.

PvP crowd was actually most of what ruined it.
Nice to have such a feature, but insufferable when an inclusive feature beats out the prime feature.
>>
>>377500612
No. Its still fun to play with a friend and built fortresses and farms out of the newly generated seed, and then explore the catacombs for materials to add to your fort.
>>
File: 1494187811548.jpg (2KB, 103x125px) Image search: [Google]
1494187811548.jpg
2KB, 103x125px
>ywn play a faction server that isn't over-saturated with add-ons and small autistic children
brown bricks with minecrap
>>
>>377500612
>is minecraft a bad game?
does a bear shit in the woods?
>>
>>377500612
I go back to it sometimes to play the autistic tech mods, but never vanilla
>>
Well you can build brown bricks in it, which is the most fun you can possibly have while playing an app.
>>
>>377500612
Not bad, but boring af
>>
File: free ipad.png (98KB, 540x298px) Image search: [Google]
free ipad.png
98KB, 540x298px
>>377503729
my deduction skills as a detective tell me that you have quite possibly never had sex
>>
>>377500739
what are good mods to make the world(s) livelier?

I liked ars magica
mo' creatures
mystrealms

but I've never found a mod that makes cities other than ones I build myself (simcity-esque)

Or an abandonned city biome mod (lots of tall broken structures)
>>
I don't think so, OP.
It's just got a bad reputation because of the fanbase like other anons mentioned.

But at the same time, I think it's a game with a very specific purpose. For example, when you play RPGs or Action games, you usually sit down and play for a while to reach the ending or the next chapter, kinda like reading a book. There's a start and an end.
Minecraft I think fits in a category of games you play to unwind. But that varies from person to person. Some like to do that with fighting games, others with racing or simulation.
It's just something you'd play to not have to think much, just unwind.
>>
>>377502905
>if a game with mods is great but the game without mods is average but is conducive to mod support; is the game bad?
no

games are three different things:
>product
>service
and on the PC
>platform
it only has to deliver on the product or platform area to be good, but the service being too bad might make it not worth it to play
>>
>>377503729
you can shadup now
>>
>>377502905

Any game that requires mods to be playable is trash anon.
>>
No, I have a lot of fun with modded MC.

Modders have added shit Mojang should have added 5 years ago and more.
>>
>>377503883
>>377504080
>>377503729
What an asshole
>>
>>377504293
>>377504293
you are a nerd, and I hate nerds almost as much as I hate made agents
>>
>>377504420
take that back you piece of shit
>>
>>377500612
WHAT IS THIS MINEY CRAFTA YOU GUYS ARE TALKING ABOUT?
>>
>>377500612
As successful as the game is, ironically it's a failure to a complete concept. It's unfinished and feels that way.
>>
>>377500612
It's a fine game, but it was better before the update that added hunger mechanics. Community is way too autismo and child-populated for me to want to get into it any more and instead of fleshing out the game in logical ways the devs only care about adding shit for modders with the occasional "look we added a cute animal you can tame!"

Looking back every year or so to find only a half-handful of new content is lame.
>>
>>377503939
Thaumcraft is one that I love.
>>
>>377503939
>Or an abandoned city biome mod (lots of tall broken structures)
Recurrent complex.

Mind you it doesn't make abandoned structure biomes, but it generates 200+ unique structures from a predefined list and places them in random places in your world. It's pretty neat.

Also I'm pretty sure it supports downloading other lists/buildings. You could even throw in your own builds from old worlds and have them randomly generate in the new world.
>>
>>377500612
Honestly? I'd say yes. A large part of what can make it good comes from mods, but on its own merits? The game is pretty terrible.
>>
>>377500612
Its really fun if you ignore the fanbase.

I only play singleplayer , Just find a modpack that looks intresting play it until you get bored , Search for a new modpack when you feel like it.

I have been repeating this process for years and I think its overall a really fun exprience.
>>
File: minecrap 1.jpg (55KB, 862x892px) Image search: [Google]
minecrap 1.jpg
55KB, 862x892px
I personally play on my free iPad, but my cousin plays it on her computer book.

For me the app version is the most fun you can have.
>>
>>377500612

Portal Knights is everything minecraft and dragon quest should have been.

the only downside is it could have had better made aesthetics like dragon quest looks like shitty wii avatars

overall really fun game.
>>
>>377500612
It's objectively an awful game, but it's a wonderful sandbox for mods and player driven interactions and challenges e.g. large constructions.
>>
>>377503883
>>377505348
>>377507352
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ3cVR0jwaA&t=17s
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.