[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it fun, or just an overrated reboot?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10

File: TombRaider2013.jpg (26KB, 250x352px) Image search: [Google]
TombRaider2013.jpg
26KB, 250x352px
Is it fun, or just an overrated reboot?
>>
>>377497056
"Generic" would be an understatement. Play the classics or watch the movies instead.
>>
>>377497056
it's great. I had a lot of fun with this game. it's the best in the series. RotTR is okay but gets nothing on this if you prefer shootan.

the originals sucked balls. hipsters pretend they were good. I never liked them, even at release, they were always AIDS. the reboot is far superior.
>>
>>377497372
You meant overstatement, right? Because it is the most "un-special" game I've ever had the displeasure of playing. It's a mash up of every popular game in the last ten years and has no soul. It's a Michael Bay movie, tailor made for retards like this guy here >>377497485
>>
>>377497567
Then it's so generic that the term is an understatement.
>>
>>377497485
just this. nothing else.

I never played the orginals, so I started with Anniversary and it was boring and unimmersive. For fucks sake, why the hell are there gorillas in fucking greece?!

TR reboot is great. It has great action sequences. The bad part is that there way too less puzzles and auto-heal isn´t a good way for survival marketing. Rottr fixed the gameplay massive, but the action sequences were too less. So I hope with part 3 we will get rottr gameplay mixed with TR2013 action
>>
>>377497056
fun but overrated.
>>
>>377497056
Generic action game carried by having a recognized IP attached.
>>
GROSSLY overrated reboot.
>>
>>377497056
I tried replaying TR2013 after completing RotTR but the amount of QTEs at the beginning put me off completely.
>>
>>377498621
Care to elaborate? It's so intense?
>>
>>377497056
Can it be both?
>>
>>377498851
I guess so, but often the amount of hype distracts one from the actual gameplay. See: Skyrim.
>>
>>377498740
not him, but the very beginning of TR2013 does really suck with the QTEs. really put me off when I started it. it does get much better though.

RotTR's start isn't much better though. Same shit, an annoying QTE climbing sequence and an extended interactive movie where you're going through the motions, pressing glowing prompts to 'investigate' things in a cave, etc.
>>
File: 1493488507711.jpg (34KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1493488507711.jpg
34KB, 600x800px
As a long term fan since 1996 I can objectively say 2013 is the third worst Tomb Raider game.

Only being beaten by Legend and Angel of Darkness. The story is shit, Lara is a quivering mess, the combat is shit, the climbing has been reduced to hold A.

Rise of the Tomb Raider is a clear improvement though. Whilst still not being a Tomb Raider game it works as a functional Console game.

>I can do this
>I can do this
>I can do this
>>
>>377497056
its a sad game that shows we have came full circle from tomb raider, dude raider uncharted, to nu tomb raider uncharted the cinematic experience (tm)
>>
>>377497056

it's shit
>>
>>377500062
do you actually expect a single person to read this 'tism that's undoubtedly yours?
>>
If you like modern cinematic cover-shooting games like Uncharted, it's pretty fun. Shooting bow is fun.
>>
File: 20170502185454_1.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170502185454_1.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
GOD PLEASE SOMEONE MAKE A NUDE MOD FOR HER ALREADY
>>
File: 20170502185430_1.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170502185430_1.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>377500776
>>
>>377497056
It was better than Uncharted famalam.
>>
I don't think it's overrated because a lot of people say it is cinematic scripted shit, and that's pretty much what it is. Also very forgettable, they need to put more platforming and puzzles into it, the third person shooting isn't enough, RotTR suffers of the same problems, only the shooting is tolerable. Aren't those games supposed to have platforming?
>>
File: tenor.gif (1MB, 498x278px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
1MB, 498x278px
>>377499987
Legend wasn't really bad, just too short and easy.
>>
>>377497056
overrated as fuck
worst part is that it´s called Tomb Raider and yet nothing like the series
>>
>>377497056
Just watch a YouTube playthrough. It's an interactive movie mostly.
>>
I've played every TR and as others have said it's far from one of the best in the series. They wanted to exploit the name and make it accessible to the mainstream market for the $$$ and that's what they did.
>>
I really liked this game alot. I'm actually replaying it now. I don't really care for other Tomb Raider games though.
>>
>>377504498
>
x/10?
>>
>>377497056
6/10 was ok.
Didn't really feel like a tomb raider game.
But got extra points for being the lara croft torture simulator.
>>
File: LCatGoL.jpg (108KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
LCatGoL.jpg
108KB, 1024x576px
Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light is a much better game that didn't get the attention it deserved, made by the same developers as the cinematic games I think.

It's easily one of the best coop games ever made.
>>
It's... enjoyable. Its weaknesses are glaring, but they're not enough to drag down an ultimately solid 3rd person shooter with strong exploration opportunities.

Just don't go in expecting a Tomb Raider game. They should've made this game as an new IP.
>>
>>377497056
Pretty mediocre. Also frustrating. Shooting was a little bit more fun than most games, story tried something new, but all in all, it's a bog-standard third person shooter. I really don't get why everyone loved it.
>>
>>377504735
I think it was made by a different team.
>>
>>377497056
Do you like Uncharted?
>>
>>377504842
Sure do, great series.
>>
You shoot on the same ennemy type for 90% of tye game and then you do the same for the last 10% except they all have armors and think they're in Dark Souls.
>>
>>377504885
Then you will love TR2013
>>
TR2013 and RotTR are MEDIOCRE when the term is used correctly and not in a hyperbolic fashion.

The best aspect of both games are the visuals.

The gameplay is 'meh' for both titles, with 2013's gameplay actually being a bit better than RotTR's because you only have one rifle, one pistol, one shotgun, one bow and one pickaxe that you upgrade over the course of the game, as opposed to RotTR's abundance of every type of weapon that aren't in fact even that different, which makes that aspect of the game lose a bit of focus. Same deal with the resources, there's only really one type of resource in 2013 and that is 'salvage'. RotTR adds a shit ton of resources that aren't all used in equal measure with different degrees of usefulness, and due to the fact they are just used in a similar mindless 'expend to upgrade X item' fashion do not really contribute to the 'flavour' of the game at all, wood for campfires being the exception. Fewer resources requiring to be used more sparingly would have helped the survival aspect or inventory management aspect of the game.

Combat is meh as well because stealth is retardedly easy and all encounters feel too scripted. Like every area you enter with enemy combatants, they all conveniently start facing away from you with no real patrol paths to speak off.

The story is pretty bad too. Both titles almost have exactly the same plot and both hinge on a single 'twist' that the player sees coming from a mile away. The flavour text and diary logs are all pretty poorly written and conceived as well.

After playing a bit of Horizon Zero Dawn, it becomes apparent that it's almost the same kind of game as RotTR, except HZD's gameplay being slightly better. Both titles suffer from the same scripted flaws and boring enemies. HZD however suffers from terrible character design, world building and dialogue.

tl;dr expect a 'pretty' experience but nothing much else.
>>
>>377504735
really enjoyed this game (I played it solo though). is Temple of Osiris as good, or worth playing? I've heard mixed opinions.
>>
>>377505497
Temple of Osiris is definitely a step down in my book, they tried to give it a little of a Diablo esque loot system to it and it doesn't really work. it's still good but not as good as the first but hey it allows up to 4 players.

Also you might want to replay Guardian of Light with someone, because the levels change depending if you have someone playing with you, puzzles change and shit.
>>
>>377497056
It was AAA Game:The Game when it was released. It barely kept my attention and had to slog my way to the end of it. I can barely remember any of it.
>>
>>377497056
First one is amazing.
The shootouts are well placed and feel satisfying, with sufficient stealth added to an action game. Especially the bow is fun to play with.
The story is alright and pretty straightforward.
Overall I was really surprised how well exectuted the game was in the end. It also features quite a lot of content in terms of direction and enviroments.
Pretty much the best Uncharted clone on the market. Not as good as U2, but better than 3&4. Its definitely not overrated and deserves the outstanding success it had

Rise of the TR however is a bit of a step back for me personally. I can see why people like it more, but to me, the more scripted approach and the Assassin's Creed "old organizations wants to control the world" plot was just a huge damper on an otherwise good experience.
>>
>>377505924
its much better than uncharted 2 in every way except graphics/story/acting, but in a video game those matter less.

it's got much better gameplay and world design. uncharted 2 is a billion times more linear than this game. at least this game rewards exploration - which is obviously important in a game in which the central theme is exploration.
>>
It's like the definition of functional but boring.
The sequel is the same but adds more collectibles and superfluous upgrade menus.
>>
Both new Tomb Raider games are very forgettable. I already forgot most of what happened in TR2013. Neither game is bad to the point I would drop it, but it's not good enough to be remembered and not really easy to recommend.

Both are in the "skippable" tier
>>
File: w35385312.jpg (20KB, 352x263px) Image search: [Google]
w35385312.jpg
20KB, 352x263px
any good mods for TR2013?
specifically of the big titty kind
>>
File: 332px-Warrior3female.png (252KB, 332x598px) Image search: [Google]
332px-Warrior3female.png
252KB, 332x598px
I thought it was great. The exploration was handled really well, platforming was fluid, combat was great (I used bow and arrow for 99% of the game tho), and the story and characterization was better than anything the series has ever had.
>>
>>377497056
I played and enjoyed both games simply because I like Lara Croft. This game wouldn't sell without the Tomb Raider IP.
>>
>>377497056
It's both fun and an overrated reboot.

That said, I actually had way more fun with it than the originals.
>>
File: 1473493839697.jpg (20KB, 317x265px) Image search: [Google]
1473493839697.jpg
20KB, 317x265px
>>377497056
It's fun if you enjoy the sight of a young attractive woman getting brutalized.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.