[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thanks a lot for repacking all those games and removing their DRM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 24

ya scrubs hahahaha hahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahaahah fd
>>
underage and gay
>>
>>377491342
But he's right - the only thing GoG is good for is providing convenient repacks of game torrents and they LITERALLY sell torrented games, as proven with the whole Arcanum .exe fiasco.
>>
>>377491512
can you explain
>>
>>377491512
>they LITERALLY sell torrented games
anon.exe has shut down unexpectedly
>>
>>377491512
>>377492217
They used a crack for the Arcanum release on GOG for time and convenience.

It's a literal non-issue but it may sound like a fiasco if you're a NEET.
>>
>>377491512
Why would they even need or want to do that?
>>
>>377491512
NOOOOOOOOOO
SHUT IT DOWN
THEY KNOOOOOOOOOOW
>>
>>377491296
pirating gog copies made only made me appreciate steams auto updating feature
You compete with pirates, you need to make buying it better than free

works for bottled water
>>
>>377492450
So? I remember developers doing this too. Fuck, even the Steam version of GTA IV, I think.
>>
>>377492727
Yeah Max Payne 1 or 2 on Steam had one of those "cracker scene we are totally super important people herpa derp" signatures too IIRC
>>
>>377491512
so what's wrong exactly ?
>>
>>377491512
This, if you're actually buying old games on GOG you're a fool. None of that money supports the original devs (obviously), it's just free money for GOG and whichever publisher happens to own the IP.
>>
>>377492882
Yeah, I think they even had the splash screen too.
>>
File: 1491029731739.gif (646KB, 194x172px) Image search: [Google]
1491029731739.gif
646KB, 194x172px
>>377492945
Absolutely nothing unless you're a gamergater slash redditor slash faggot looking for a bite into a juicy "scandal".
>>
File: 1488748711629.jpg (118KB, 1200x654px) Image search: [Google]
1488748711629.jpg
118KB, 1200x654px
>>377492217
>>377492370
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/pay-for-torrented-games-at-gog-com.42099/

>>377492450
>They used a crack for the Arcanum release on GOG for time and convenience.
It doesn't matter what kind of excuse you come up with gogcuck, the fact still remains and will remain as such forever: when you buy games from gog, you LITERALLY, FACTUALLY, UNARGUABLY buy torrented games, AHAHAHAHAHA.
>>
>>377493183
t. NEET
>>
>GOG connect
>Link up your steam account with us
>Whats that you want to disconnect, well too bad
>Haha, you were too slow buddy you can't add those games to your GOG account anymore, timed exclusive

what a stupid fucking system

>Also the fucking inflated Aus prices
>We can't discount you but we can give you free shit worth the extra amount

this is why i use G2A
>>
>>377493183
NOO
DELETE THIIIS
>>
>>377493249
>Living in Australia
You deserve it, cunt.
>>
>>377493183

Plenty of ports of rom games use stolen emulator code.
>>
>>377493202
No, I'm just not a dumbfuck who pays actual money for the exact equivalent of a thing I can get for free and I mean absolute equivalent down to every last bit of functionality.
>>
>DRM-Free
But I already play DRM free games on Steam.

What makes the GoG client so special?
>>
>>377491296
i sometimes buy games from them.
>>
I love gog, currently downloading the hyperdimension neptunia series(4free)
>>
>>377493341
no you don't you stupid cuck, you literally don't own ANY of your steam games
>>
>>377493406
You don't own any of your gog games legally either, dumbfuck.
>>
>>377491296
I haven't bought a single game ever and I love gog.

If I had the ability to buy games gog would be my #1 choice and I'd be happy to spend my cash there, steam is a rental service and is gonna turn into the google of video games in a couple of years, and other distributors are shit.
>>
>>377491512
>>377493183
>this shit still gets replies
The .exe shipped by GoG did not have any cracker signature.
Just because it looks the same as the cracker .exe doesn't mean it's from the same source.
>>
>>377491296
>"i'm so fucking poor i need to pirate even games cheap as hell"
hahahaha hahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahaahah fd
>>
>>377493619
>The .exe shipped by GoG did not have any cracker signature.
Yeah, because it was removed, you mongoloid. Apart from the cracker signature, the two .exe files were IDENTICAL. Read the fucking thread I've posted, there is no doubt whatsoever about the issue.
>>
>>377491296
Does the guy that did the game get the money?
So, good.
>>
>>377493337
but you give money to the dev and stay in total legality it's not the same
>>
>>377493494
that's not true, shut up
Steam is a fucking mess, use GoG
>>
>>377493758
steam is hella f*cking based doe
>>
>>377493689
no. The publisher does :^)
>>
I like that GOG updates the games to work on modern PCs (mainly) and supports what they sell. I know I could use DOSBox and get a 'pure' experience from downloading from abandonware sites but a few dollars here and there to not have to mess around with compatibility settings is fine by me.
Stripping the original DRM is also a good thing, I can just download them and stick them on a NAS for future use and not have to worry whether the necessary crack for playing the original will get quarantined by my virus scanner.
>>
>>377493689
>Does the guy that did the game get the money?
He gets the money regardless of whether you buy the game or not, because that's development contracts work, unless the dev is an indie dev and does not have a publisher.

Unless there is a specific clause in the contract that the dev gets a bonus based on how many copies the game sells, all the actual profits go to the publisher.

>>377493758
>that's not true
That's exactly true, you fucking retard. That's how software licensing works, you don't buy software, you buy a license to use it. From a legal point of view, there is absolutely no difference between buying games on gog or Steam. From a practical point of view, there's no reason either, since it's more probable that you will somehow lose your game installer file than Steam getting shut down, LMAO.
>>
>>377493494
but you do.
GoG can not legally revoke your game licenses unless you breach their user agreement.
Valve can revoke your Steam subscriptions any time they want at their discretion.

Read the fucking agreements.
>>
>>377493883
>there's no reason
*there is no difference
>>
>>377493824
Well, then i guess i will have to not pay it.
>>
File: 1390008877001.gif (1MB, 400x330px) Image search: [Google]
1390008877001.gif
1MB, 400x330px
>remember trying to find a fix for waxworks on dosbox
>only one forum with dude having same problem
>"You should have just bought this abandonware game from GOG and not torrent it :^)"
learning that GOG just resells torrent makes this situation a bit more angering in my memory
>>
>>377493681
why would the .exes not be identical? They both do the same thing. There are only a few ways you can remove the copy protection from an executable.
>>
>>377493331
>rom games
>>
>>377493906
You are delusional and have no clue how consumer right protection works. Name me one instance when Steam revoked a game without the user breaking Steam ToS.
>>
>>377493883
The possibility of Steam getting shut down isn't the problem, you fucking idiot. Steam deciding to fuck you over is.

>>377493998
>I-it hasn't happened yet so it will never in the future!
http://www.s m h.com.au/business/media-and-marketing/video-games-website-steam-fined-3-million-for-refusing-refunds-20161223-gthdux.html
>>
>>377493985
>why would the .exes not be identical?
You are literally computer illiterate. Why do you think a cracked .exe always has a different filesize compared to the original one?

This is a well known fiasco discussed even on the gog forums, you fucking shill:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general_archive/gog_uses_crack_to_remove_flatouts_protection
>>
>>377494062
>proving him right
>>
>>377494062
>Steam deciding to fuck you over is.
Again, dumbfuck, give me ONE example when someone was "fucked over" by Steam without that person violating the Steam ToS.

Also, the link you've posted only supports my argument, because it clearly shows that if Steam decides to "fuck someone over", Gaben will get eaten alive by consumer right protection agencies in court.
>>
>>377493998
Order of War: Challenge got completely removed.

GTA: San Andreas was replaced with a port of the iOS version that is not compatible with old saves and is missing content. The version people originally bought is gone.
>>
>>377493984
>that flip into the hair
amazing, truly is
>>
>>377494162
>Order of War: Challenge got completely removed.
>To be fair, with the servers shutdown, the game would have been impossible to play anyways.
So Steam removed a dead game that was unplayable from user libraries? Woooooooooow,

>GTA: San Andreas was replaced with a port of the iOS
initiated at Rockstar's initiative. How is Steam at fault?
>>
>>377494140
>>Again, dumbfuck, give me ONE example when someone was "fucked over" by Steam without that person violating the Steam ToS.
Are you unable to read, or just to understand?
See >>377494062, in their refusal to provide legally-required refunds.

>Also, the link you've posted only supports my argument,
No, it doesn't. It proves that Valve are completely willing to disregard their legal obligations with regards to their customers in the hopes of squeezing out more profit; presumably in the hopes that they wouldn't be taken to court over it.
>"Yet [Valve] had a culture by which it formed a view without Australian legal advice that it was not subject to Australian law, and it was content to proceed to trade with Australian consumers without that advice and with the view that even if advice had been obtained that Valve was required to comply with Australian law the advice might have been ignored.''

>>377494394
Apologism at its finest.
>>
>>377494394
>Name me one instance when Steam revoked a game without the user breaking Steam ToS
>Okay, here's (game)
>But that one doesn't count!
gabe pls
>>
Yup I don't use steam for the very reason that there will always be the Damocles over your head in the form of a constant in built DRM. Your games are not yours, they connected to your Steam account and your access can be revoked a number of ways, whether it's Steam disabling your account, or if Steam just goes down, you can't play your games. Why would you invest money in such a scheme?

Gog's installation files are absolutely the deal maker for me, that is true ownership in the digital age, as long as I have that installation file anywhere on any storage device, I own the game.

Also I predict boxed console games will increase in value at a time whe n people start to grow wise to Steam's true nature.
>>
>>377494394
Order of War: Challenge also had single player content

>initiated at Rockstar's initiative. How is Steam at fault?
"I was only following orders" is a not a defense.
Valve wrote the agreement that allows it and put the technical measures in place to enforce it.
>>
>>377491296
>>377491512

No. GOG provides games for old people like me who DON'T GIVE A SHIT about muh community and muh achievements.

Just the goods fair and plain. Throw it on a flashdrive and I can take it with me and install it on anything I want how many times I want.

Let the normalfaggies have their videogame facebook.
>>
>>377494468
>Apologism
It's not, simply because there's nothing to apologize for. So where are those cases of Steam fucking someone over without ToS violation, hmm?

>>377494468
> in their refusal to provide legally-required refunds
You are retarded, again. This thing happened because of the differences between Australian and US consumer protection laws. According to Steam ToS, you are not guaranteed a refund unless you perform it in a way described by ToS (i.e.the whole 2 hour thing), which is fine in the US, but not so fine in Australia. Steam got fined because their refund system did not correspond to the Australian consumer protection laws, it doesn't mean Steam does not offer refunds requested as per the rules established in the ToS, you fucking mongoloid.

>It proves that Valve are completely willing to disregard their legal obligations with regards to their customers
Nope, it proves that Steam is a business that will not go out of its way to violate its own ToS for your pleasure, stop the fucking presses. It also shows that Steam is a legal entity obeying international consumer protection laws, so you can be sure that they will be held accoutable, if they decide to fuck you over. Again, dumbfuck, name me ONE case of Steam breaching its ToS. Name me ONE case where a refund was denied when it was requested properly as per the rules established in the ToS (i.e. the game was played for under 2 hours).
>>377494880
>"I was only following orders" is a not a defense.
Dumbfuck, Steam is not the publisher, it's a distribution platform. Steam does what Rockstar or any other dev tells them, unless they decide to just break all partnership with the dev and remove the game from Steam altogether.

>>377494880
>Order of War: Challenge also had single player content
>But due to always-online DRM, even the single-player portion of the game requires the servers to be up and running.
The game was unplayable, it doesn't matter whether or not it had a SP component.
>>
>>377495069
You are defending the right of a video game distributor to remove games you paid money for from your library.
Please rethink your life.
>>
>>377494880
>>initiated at Rockstar's initiative. How is Steam at fault?
>"I was only following orders" is a not a defense.
Are you one of these retards that will blame Valve if a game doesn't go on sale
>>
>>377495069
>It's okay to flout laws and fuck over customers, as long as we say we can do so in our TOS!
I honestly don't know why you would go to such lengths to apologise for a company, but it's unhealthy, anon. You should stop.
>>
>>377494698
I don't know.

I hate Steam because you're constantly being data mined. Valve is like Google that way. They even want your phonenumber now.

But people nowadays don't care about "telemetry" unless it's done by Microsoft. Valve won.
>>
>>377495201
>You are defending the right of a video game distributor to remove games you paid money for from your library.
Dead games that are no longer playable because the DEVS shut down the servers, which made BOTH the SP and the MP components of the game unplayable.

>>377495328
>fuck over customers
LMAO, you have yet to show me at least one such case.
>>
>>377494698
>Why would you invest money in such a scheme?
Because it's worked pout pretty well for the last 8 years and there's no reason for it to change in the foreseeable future
>>
>>377495371
>LMAO, you have yet to show me at least one such case.
You mean apart from >>377494062
But of course, you're going to use the same disingenuous argument that since Valve followed their own TOS, they actually did nothing wrong. It's fine, anon, I get it.
>>
Holy shit you /v/edditors are embarrassingly retarded
gog has rights tell sell the shit and steam is no different
Hell there are even games sold on steam that include gog files
>>
File: 1472551883557.jpg (82KB, 920x900px) Image search: [Google]
1472551883557.jpg
82KB, 920x900px
STOP TRYING TO COMPETE WITH STEAM YOU FUCKING HERETICS. DADDY GABEN KNOWS WHAT BEST FOR US PC GAMERS SO STOP TRYING TO RUIN HIS BUSINESS
>>
>>377495201
It's a Netflix type of deal, you only get the content they want to provide when they want to provide it. Having a company pull content because of rights disputes is bad enough when you're halfway through a box-set but for an interactive medium like games it's worse.
At least with GOG you can buy the game, download it, keep the packaged files offline indefinitely without the need for any launcher that validates and possibly revokes your access.
>>
>>377495371
>>377495587
And by 'I get it', I mean 'it's not worth arguing with you any longer'.
>>
>>377495587
>You mean apart from
You mean that same case that proves that Steam can be held accountable for not having their business model being in compliance with regional consumer protection laws even though it's a US based company that operates based on US consumer protection laws?

LMAO, the only thing this case does is strengthen Steam user confidence that they will NOT be fucked over ever, not that such a thing has ever happened in the first place.
>>
>>377493906
>unless you breach their user agreement
so you don't own your games there either
>>
>>377495631
>compete with Steam
How can you compete with a chef selling exquisite food when all you do is pick up and sell bread crumbs from under the said chef's table?
>>
File: 1466745147105.jpg (79KB, 576x768px) Image search: [Google]
1466745147105.jpg
79KB, 576x768px
>>377495779
Why are you doing marketing for a gigantic corporation for free? Do you not realize that marketing is a job? You know, something people do to make a living, not because they WANT to spend their time on it.
>>
File: 1465929710844.jpg (76KB, 615x410px) Image search: [Google]
1465929710844.jpg
76KB, 615x410px
>There are people who genuinely believe Steam isn't DRM.

This isn't the first time too, I've seen people like this in different places including /g/
>>
File: 1482659138617.png (397KB, 978x972px) Image search: [Google]
1482659138617.png
397KB, 978x972px
>377495834
FUCKING STOP THE PC MARKET IS BETTER OFF WITH A MONOPOLY RUN BY GABEN BECAUSE HE'S NICE TO ME SO STOP FUCKING BADMOUTHING HIM
>>
Whoever it is that's using "torrent" as a synonym for "pirated" needs to kill themselves.
>>
>>377495835
Why are you spouting verbal diarrhea instead of arguments? But, to answer your question, because I hate potatoshills like you advertising a shit service that sells cracked games.
>>
>>377495926
Why the fuck would I argue? How does that help you sort your life out? You are working for free on a fucking saturday morning. What the fuck went wrong in your life?
>>
>>377495895
That's probably because the DRM part isn't actually mandatory, publishers can choose to not have any on their games which means that you can start the game straight from the .exe
>>
>>377495992
>why do people argue about things in a tibetian flag colourization workshop
I've been asking myself this question for years anon
>>
>>377496023
That doesn't changes the fact that Steam is DRM. Games that can start without Steam just means those games are DRM free.
>>
>>377495779
You mean the case that proves Valve operates uncaring of their legal obligations to their customers, because companies shouldn't worry about complying with the law in the first place, right? It's totally fine to just (begrudgingly, after having been taken to court) ''be held accountable''.
>not that such a thing has ever happened in the first place
...except for all those cases they denied refunds that their customers were entitled to have under consumer law. Nothing at all wrong there. Take care, marketer-kun
>>
>>377496090
Wouldn't that make Steam just a distribution platform with optional DRM
>>
>>377496023
Can I launch games without the Steam client? Can I get the ISO for the game and copy it to a flashdrive and install it on a different computer without once connecting to a authentication server?

No. Fuck Steam. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck guess what it's DRM.
>>
>>377496215
More like a DRM with optional Opt-out .
>>
>>377491512
No, they don't. These dudes brought System Shock back from Legal Hell. They've released a dozen games without DRM legally, through deals with publishers. For the love of the game.
>>
>>377496260
and only in specific cases, if you could opt-out in every game, then it wouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>377492546
Like GOG's auto-updating feature? Try Galaxy.
>>
>>377493036
Precisely. With the possible exception of EA, I have no problem paying the current IP holder for their game.
>>
>>377495992
>more evrbal diarrhea instead of arguments
LMAO, gogcucks are pathetic. Now, my little gog shill, how about YOU explain us how great the gog refund policy is when it specifically states that the only reason you can get a refund for a game is due to technical problems or bugs while the evil valve megacorp does not even ask you for a reason, if you refund a game in accordance with their ToS, hmmm?

>>377496093
>Valve operates uncaring of their legal obligations to their customers
So why did they cooperate with Australian consumer protection agencies and complied with the court ruling? Why did Valve implement a refund system after the precedent has been set to comply not only with the US consumer protection laws, but regional laws in other countries as well?

Valve got burned in Australia, because there was no precedent and they thought that they are not subject to regional laws if they comply with the US laws, turns they were wrong and have changed their ToS, so where's the problem, shitstain?
>>
>>377496241
Yes? You can do all these things with games completely without drm. It's just a regular-ass folder
>>
>>377491512
>>377493183
>torrented games
Since when TORRENT is a synonym to pirated copy you fucking retards? Everyone and their mum uses fucking p2p, including many software companies to distribute legal software with or without drm.
>>
>>377492450
oh
so like Street Fighter V on steam?
>>
>>377496262
>These dudes brought System Shock back from Legal Hell
LMAO, these "dudes" killed entire Abandonware sites and are now selling games that used to be available for free with zero legal repercussions. And they accuse me of being a shill, kek.
>>
>>377496260
But if the publishers have to opt in to use the drm and other steamworks features then it certainly works the other way around, wouldn't you agree?
Wouln't that also mean that you'd have to blame the individual publishers for the drm? Steam would merely provide the possibility
>>
>>377496449
Jesus Christ, do you always argue semantics like this?
>>
>>377493331
Games from a cartridge-based, ROM system, yes. As opposed to a disc-based system.
>>
>>377491512
This. GoG is the best pirate group for shitty indie games and old games.
>>
>>377496490Just because the publisher chose to do it doesn't means Steam isn't DRM.
The *publisher* choose Steam *DRM* to protect their game.
>>
>>377496449
>Since when TORRENT is a synonym to pirated copy you fucking retards?
Nice strawman. The issue here is not that gog sells literally pirated games, no. The issue is that GoG sells the exact equivalent of a torrented repack you can get for free and have the same functionality. If you like getting cucked out of your money by paying for literal air, be my guest and keep using gog.
>>
S-so h-how do I download GOG games f-for free
I'm too s-scared to pirate because of Theresa M-May b-but I like f-free games
>>
>>377496596
There's a difference between steam being drm, and steam providing the possibility of drm, though
The publishers aren't forced to pick the drm, they have to deliberately choose to adapt it, which shifts the blame to them if you'd like to be objective
>>
>>377494076
Me, I don't know why this would be an issue at all. If the publisher is aware of a crack and OKs GoG to use it (why should anyone care what the "Scene" group wants done?), it works, the game is old enough that the sourcecode may otherwise be lost (so a crack would have to be made anyway)... what's the issue? That doesn't mean GOG isn't working with the publisher to legally sell these older games once again, without all of the shadiness of going onto different adware-riddled websites to get the files in question. I'm not paying more than $5 for that convenience. I like GOG.
>>
>>377491296
so how well does their version of saints row 2 run and play? cause if it anything other than total fucking ass and sanic fast ill finally give that free copy of it i got a try.
>>
GOG is still the best publisher available.

Too bad NOT all games are not available on GOG.
>>
>>377496718
>I don't know why this would be an issue at all
It's not an issue legally, read >>377496643 to understand my argument. When you buy games from GoG, you buy games that are available for free on torrent sites with exactly the same functionality. The one thing you pay for is repackaging "services" and, in cases of old games, setting up a DOSbox folder.
>>
>>377496694
This would be a good argument if it wasn't it because almost every game needs Steam to run.

If "x" game sells on Steam but it needs "third party drm" to run then the "third party drm" is drm, the same goes for if "x" game sells on Steam but it needs "Steam" to run then Steam is DRM.
>>
File: szok.jpg (44KB, 486x471px) Image search: [Google]
szok.jpg
44KB, 486x471px
>>377492450
Things like that means they haven't kept the source code of the game at all. If they had it, removing any anti copy protection would be trivial. Now we can consider this game lost if something were about to happen to Windows/x86 hardware ecosystem.
>>
>>377496817
And? It's still worth buying to support the only non-DRM publisher available.

You realize Steam also sells these old games with DRM right?
>>
File: 1493566790128.jpg (253KB, 1080x1283px) Image search: [Google]
1493566790128.jpg
253KB, 1080x1283px
>>377496761
>GOG is still the best publisher available.
>Valve is evil because they have a no questions asked refund policy
>GoG is good because they have a very limited refund policy that removes all blame from them if the game turns out to be shit, but is technically functional
>>
>>377496428
I can on GOG.
I can't on Steam.

I have to crack games I buy from Steam to lauch them without Steam client. Pretty pathetic situation.
>>
>>377496926
Ah, yes, I would take no DRM over worse refund policy any times.

And I can pirate GOG games first before buying games, rendering the need of refund moot.
>>
>>377496862
>This would be a good argument if it wasn't it because almost every game needs Steam to run.
But that is the point, anon
The publishers choose that have Steam running as a requirement for their games, to protect them from being copied, aka drm
Thus they are to blame, not the party offering the service. They could as well have opted out of this steam integration, or have gone to GOG or another competitor to the same effect
>>
>>377496817
What makes the whole difference is that you buy the game, supporting whoever gets the money and getting the legit product.
This is important to some people.
>>
>>377496643
that's not an issue, you fucking nigger.
An issue would be to sell a game with online DRM attached and then tell people, that that's *better* than a pirated game. Because it's not at all.
>>
>>377496943
Anon are you even reading the conversation
You can do that with all the games where the publishers/devs opted out of the steamworks integration
Because at that point all ssteam does is provide a download, after which you can treat the folder in whichever way it pleases you
>>
>>377497005
So instead of blaming the Steam, the platform that allows DRM, we should blame the publishers?
>>
>>377496923
>non-DRM publisher
Neither Steam or GoG are publishers, dumbfuck. Steam and GoG do what publishers say. When a publisher tells Valve to slap a DRM on their game, Valve does so, when the publisher couldn't give a fuck, Valve doesn't. You are calling Steam a "DRM publisher", because you are retarded and do not understand that Valve offers the publisher the POSSIBILITY or SERVICE of a game having their DRM. Really, it's the main difference between Steam and GoG: one offers a shitload of services, the other just sells you air, yet mongoloids prefer to buy air instead of actual services, even though the actual services are cheaper than air most of the time.

Fuck, arguing with gog subhumans is like pulling teeth.
>>
>>377497005
Well if you want to blameshift like that, then if Steam didn't provided a DRM service those games would be Steam DRM free, either they would go with full DRM free games or chose another DRM method.
Also, just because the publishers decided something, doesn't changes the fact that Steam is DRM.
>>
>>377497086
It's still Steam who is allowing DRM, dogface.

DO NOT ALLOW DRM!
>>
>>377497118
Except GOG doesn't do what the publisher says, their games virtually have no DRM, whether the publishers like it or not.
>>
>>377496975
>Ah, yes, I would take no DRM
Then buy games from publishers who do not opt to put DRM in their games? Because Steam does not force DRM on any games.

>>377497067
>that's not an issue, you fucking nigger.
Of course it's not, when you're retarded and do not understand the value of money.
>>
>>377497093
Yes that is my point
If you want a food analogy, should we blame supermarkets for selling trash food, or obese amerians for buying and consuming it, if obesity is our issue?
>>
Based GoG
>>
>>377497187
>Except GOG doesn't do what the publisher says
You are retarded. After this nonsense, it's safe to disregard anything you post afterwards.
>>
>>377497121
>Well if you want to blameshift like that, then if Steam didn't provided a DRM service those games would be Steam DRM free,
Yes, but they would be linked to another service to provide the DRM publishers apparently want, due to them deliberately choosing to get it by first being distributed on steam, and secondly opting into the drm

>Also, just because the publishers decided something, doesn't changes the fact that Steam is DRM.
The point is that there's a difference between Steam *is* drm, and steam *provides* drm

Anyhow, I've made my point and now I'm just repeating it over and over, enjoy your daily shitposting thread boys
>>
>>377497214
I would blame the supermarket for selling shitty food in the first place.
>>377497198
>Then buy games from publishers who do not opt to put DRM in their games? Because Steam does not force DRM on any games.
Or I just buy games from GOG, which have no DRM, whether publishers like it or not.
>>
>>377496312
Last time I wanted to install something from Galaxy I got three BSODs in a row, I'll pass
>>
>>377497214
Games that require Steam are what? DRM protected games, Games that don't require Steam are what? DRM Free games.

Just because some games don't require Steam doesn't means Steam stops being DRM, it just means those games that don't require Steam are Steam DRM free.
>>
>>377497304
>I would blame the supermarket for selling shitty food in the first place.
That sounds suspiciously like what a communist would say.
Are you a dirty commie, anon?
>>
>>377497258
No one gives a shit what you say Steamdrone.

Enjoy your DRM.
>>
>>377497304
>whether publishers like it or not.
Again, you are completely retarded. The only games sold on GoG are those which publishers wanted to sell without DRM. This is one of the main reasons GoG has no games, compared to Steam.
>>
>>377497368
I'm not a commie, but a smart consumer.

A smart consumer don't buy from supermarket that sells shitty food.
>>
*somebody takes a steaming shit of a thread*
*/v/ runs into the room and starts slurping it up*
ah yes
love this board
>>
File: 1494748477807.jpg (53KB, 750x722px) Image search: [Google]
1494748477807.jpg
53KB, 750x722px
>>377497374
>No one gives a shit
>gogcuck is so delusional that he starts using the popularity "argument" even though his shit platform is a literal who that sells literally nothing compared to the only distribution platform that matters
>>
>>377497390
GoG library is growing each day, with more and more games.

What we need to do is buying more games from GOG so it eclipses Steam.
>>
>>377497474
Least I'm not delusional enough to defend DRM.

We need Dark Souls on GOG!
>>
>>377497484
>GoG library is growing each day
>i-it's growing I s-swear
>we'll beat the evil megacorp that offers actual service to its consumers one day, y-you'll see
You know what's the difference between a smart Steam customer and a gogcuck? Steam users don't need to look into the future to know their platform is the only one that matters.
>>
>>377492546
>You compete with pirates, you need to make buying it better than free
This was true before Denuvo.

Nowadays it's simpler to pirate lol
>>
>>377497539
>to defend DRM.
You mean giving the devs the possibility to have DRM, which is an inherent right of any dev based on IP protection laws? LMAO.
>>
>>377497595
It's true GOG is growing though.

Nowadays with Denuvo and paid mods, Steam isn't looking so hot anymore.
>>
>>377497628
But denuvo doesn't change a single thing about the users' experience
>>
>>377497646
Yes, as opposed to NOT allowing them to have DRM which fucks with the customer.

Fuck that and fuck you for defending it.
>>
>>377497673
>Steam isn't looking so hot anymore.
Too bad you have no actual statistics to back up your retarded assumptions. This is also another difference between a Steam patrician and a gocuck: Steam patricians don't need to pull assumptions out of their asses.
>>
>>377497706
https://steamcommunity.com/app/403640/discussions/0/152390014794753038/
https://whyisdenuvobad.github.io/
>>
>>377497716
>NOT allowing them to have DRM
You mean not selling the games of publishers who do not want to sell them DRM free? Again, there's a reason gog library is utter dogshit.

Also,
>gog
>refusing the actual publisher anything
>>
>>377497726
Okay, whatever you say Steamdrone.

Doesn't matter to me.
>>
>>377497646

Just because something is within your legal rights doesn't mean it's okay to do.

I'm within my legal rights to call your mother a whore at her funeral. It's still not okay.
>>
>>377497716
Which means that publishers are just going to choose a different platform that provides it, due to drm apparently being in pretty hot demand.
You're arguing the idealistic idea that without Steam, there would be no drm, while the more realistic point of view is that another service would just fill the market void.
>>
File: tmp_25044-images1100241708.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_25044-images1100241708.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>377497086
GOG doesn't offer a DRM option for publishers. Valve does.

Valve is, and wants to be, a part of the DRM system. They don't even offer their own games without Steamworks.
>>
>>377497198
you mean not being a nigger, yes.
nigger steals everything.
non-nigger pays for stuff.
it's that simple.
>>
>>377497786
GOG has a decent library though.

And it's growing.
>>
>>377497804
>Just because something is within your legal rights doesn't mean it's okay to do.
>WHAAAAAAAAAAAWWW I WANT FREE SHIT WHY WON'T THE EVIL EVIL PUBLISHERS ABANDON THEIR RIGHTS THAT ARE GIVEN TO THEM BY THE LAW TO PLEASE ME
>>
>>377497758
>https://whyisdenuvobad
>muh I can't be a nigger in those cases
>muh invent issues about DRM to badmouth it
>muh only do so, because I'm a nigger
t. nigger
>>
>>377497847
>GOG has a decent library though.
No, it's trash.

>it's growing
Wake me up when it actually grows to be on par with Steam.
>>
>>377497812
If any system has big playerbase, it would be unwise for any publishers to not publish their games there.

This is what we need to push, when a game is released on Steam, it MUST also be released on GOG.
>>
>>377497937
Oh okay, I'm just enjoying these GOG games then.
>>
>>377497935
A free man chooses to not get cucked by DRM.

Happy cucking, slave.
>>
>>377497943
They could publish on Steam and still opt out of the DRm parts of it. That tells you that publishers not only care about the large install base, but also the features that go with it. Which returns us to my previous point. If Steam were to suddenly stop offering any kind of drm to publishers, a new platform would emerge, due to all the new games being published there. Possibly we'd go back to the good old days of every fucking game having their own launcher/distribution service until that point.
>>
>>377498031
>A free man chooses to not get cucked by DRM.
A free man chooses not to have his game willingly shared with subhuman thieves. Happy being the cuck, cuck.

>Happy cucking
Thanks, I'll happily cuck you out of this GOTY right here.
>>
>GOGTARDS IN FULL FUCKING DEFENSE MODE

What a surprise
>>
>>377497937
I don't like it =/= it's trash
>>
>>377498047
Or they could publish on GOG which never allow DRM.

Case solved.
>>
>>377498031
I'm not playing new games on PC, only old ones with old school copy protection. And I still buy them.

Nigger yourself, nigger.

You aren't even able to understand that this whole DRM craze is because you kept on niggering games. You also do not understand that basically all AAA budget games are designed for console first (that wasn't the case) and then later you may get a port or not. That's also a result of your nigger behavior.
>>
>>377498090
Yeah, until it gets cracked, slave.

Pay for more DRM and Denuvo, anon, and keep telling you are doing the right thing.
>>
>>377497842
I pay for my games.

What I don't want is being forced to login and help the Valve parasites make money with my data. I just want to play the fucking game.
>>
I'll never understand the drama behind something as cheap as videogames. Some people will pirate everything, others buy everything, and many do a combination. It doesn't even fucking matter.
>>
>>377494076
Why don't you compare the Flatout exe to the GOG Flatout exe?
>>
>>377498164
And we will never stop cracking them.

Fuck you and fuck your anti-consumer practices.
>>
File: 1489240621905.png (321KB, 372x539px) Image search: [Google]
1489240621905.png
321KB, 372x539px
>>377498172
>Yeah, until it gets cracked
Have fun with my sloppy seconds a year after I've been done with them, cuck.
>>
>>377498112
But they don't, so why entertain the idea that maybe one day drm-free GOG is going to reign supreme?
Because that isn't happening.
>>
>>377493883
>there's no reason either
The GoG release of Startopia runs better and with less bugs than the Steam release.
Fuck you, shitposter.
>>
>>377493985
>why would the .exes not be identical? They both do the same thing.
Removing an anti-piracy piece of code isn't quite the simple, obvious, evident task that has a single solution. Cracked binaries from different teams typically are different.

The odds of people doing the exact same thing is ridiculously low.
>>
>>377498347
>I'm too retarded to apply patches myself so I pay extra for having those same patches available for free applied to my game
>>
>>377498206
Fully agreed.
Steam is filth.
And Gaben should be shot.
>>
>>377491296
>thanks for repacking all of those scene cracks and selling them with 40 year old games
They're like fitgirl, except they charge for their releases.
>>
>>377498031
A free nigger chooses to not play game, that said nigger can't nigger.

kek
>>
>>377493183
>you LITERALLY, FACTUALLY, UNARGUABLY buy torrented games, AHAHAHAHAHA.
Except the developers actually get some of the money.
>>
Also Steam is selling repacks on their store, since Tomb Raider 1 - 5 are the GOG version's

Arcanum on Steam is also the GOG version

So..what's the problem?
>>
File: 30cc95917a16c0871f7aa729a23d7b68.jpg (619KB, 1622x2222px) Image search: [Google]
30cc95917a16c0871f7aa729a23d7b68.jpg
619KB, 1622x2222px
>>377498265
You would make a wonderful battered wife with that attitude, coming back to daddy every night for more abuse.
captcha: ELDAD.
>>
>>377498542
>Also Steam is renting repacks on their store
FTFY
>>
File: laughing satan.webm (3MB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
laughing satan.webm
3MB, 1440x810px
>>377498542
Wait, so Steam sells torrented GoG repacks that are repacks of torrented games? Based Gaben, gogcucks utterly BTFO.
>>
>>377496817
>>377497118
>>377497258
The only argument you seem to have is "I have autism and want to torrent something instead of pay someone for it."
>>
>>377498678
>I have autism and want to torrent something
That goes without saying.
>>
i buy pretty much anything they're selling

gog.com is great
>>
File: Fez.jpg (66KB, 552x419px) Image search: [Google]
Fez.jpg
66KB, 552x419px
>>377498817
The biggest regret is. i bought Fez at launch :/
>>
>>377496084
GOG wins again
>>
>>377498940
>not Warband, so it's irrelevant anyway
>being so shit you have to resort to giving away free games to attract customers
>>
>>377494698
What kind of illegal shit you want to do that you actually fear the possibility of Steam shutting your account down.
>>
>>377493183
The difference is, they have the license to sell digital copies of the games, so buying them is a legit and not illegal way of aquiring the game. You do realize torrenting is a system for transferring data between peers and isn't inherently bad? Steam uses torrenting technology for game updates and downloads too.
>>
Is this the Valve/steam shill thread?
>>
File: my games.png (879KB, 1148x694px) Image search: [Google]
my games.png
879KB, 1148x694px
I'd gladly buy DRM free games from GOG but GOG has no games.
>>
>>377501419
You'd like Jagged Alliance 2.
>>
>>377493183
>when you buy games from gog, you LITERALLY, FACTUALLY, UNARGUABLY buy the superior version of the games
Also, torrented has nothing to do with stuff being cracked
Bittorrent is simply a filesharing method
Often used for "illegal" distribution of content, but also used by many free2play games and even Windows 10 updates
>>
>>377497368
Yes
>>
File: 1105553.jpg (28KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1105553.jpg
28KB, 640x480px
Who is worse, /v/? G2A or GOG?
>>
>buying old games on gog
>buying old games anywhere
Entirely your fault.
>>
Why do steam fanboys go into a blind fit of rage whenever someone praises gog?
>>
>>377494698
>Gog's installation files are absolutely the deal maker for me, that is true ownership in the digital age, as long as I have that installation file anywhere on any storage device, I own the game.
That's not how ownership works.
>>
>>377501830
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome
>>
GOG > Steam
>>
>>377491296
>buying games
>>
File: 1451757860590.jpg (85KB, 575x591px) Image search: [Google]
1451757860590.jpg
85KB, 575x591px
>>377501793
That's not a good comparison considering that you can buy GOG keys from G2A.
Hell, I got Witcher 3 on GOG through Kinguin.
>>
any chance i get i buy from gog. i prefer to not have my games forever locked behind a drm wall.
>>
File: 1461608423286.jpg (11KB, 386x387px) Image search: [Google]
1461608423286.jpg
11KB, 386x387px
>People don't understand the difference between Cracked and DRM-Free
>>
>>377501793

Steam of course. GOG is by far better than G2A, STEAM and other shit. Gaben is literal greedy jew.
>>
Gog is giving away free mountain blade, when was the last time steam gave you a game for free?
>>
>>377506048
a proper crack REMOVES the DRM completely, so it's the same thing.
>>
>>377506270
Didn't they give away Portal and Portal 2 for free?
Thread posts: 209
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.