[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was Kojima's point in making it seem like I was watching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: 20170520012438_1.jpg (153KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170520012438_1.jpg
153KB, 1920x1080px
What was Kojima's point in making it seem like I was watching an episode of a series? I legitimately don't understand the point of this.

Like this point for example, it just cuts off with this shit and I'm just like "why?" I'm going to continue playing right fucking now.

Makes me feel like they were intending to go the hitman route where it was going to be an episodic game, which I'm glad they didn't.

I know a lot of games including japanese tend to fucking give you notifications that you've been playing over 2 hours and its recommends that you should take a break.

What gives?
>>
>>377491075
Kojima is a failed movie director, this is a way for him to feel like he's emulating his favorite western movie makers.
>>
>What was Kojima's point

he didn't have one because he is a hack
>>
>>377491075
he wanted to give it that TV show vibe, but failed horribly because he's not as good of a writer as he thinks he is. The game felt nothing like a TV show, there was nothing giving any indication of a resting period between epsides or between acts, it wasn't conveyed well at all.
>>
>>377492641

This

>epic opening credits with le guest starring
>it's the same fucking tranq everyone mission with 0 consequence in an empty world

Brava Kojima
>>
>>377491818
>>377492345
>>377492641
>tfw have ZERO (0) motivation to finish Chapter II
>>
>>377491075
Kojimbo doubled down on the Peace Walker meme too hard.

Phantom pain didn't even feel like a proper MGS game, it wasn't plot driven, didn't have the boss fights or the whole infiltration/exfiltration of a big base like all the earlier MGS games.

It was fun but ultimately a massive let down.

I hope death stranding is an actual fun game rather than walking simulator with cutscenes
>>
TV shows and movies have set pacing because you have no fucking control over them except for start and stop.

Videogames have an "ideal" pacing when the player is decent enough to understand the core concepts, but also new enough to be challenged by the game's adversaries and whatnot.

This "ideal" pacing gets completely thrown out the window when you introduce mechanics found in open world games and RPG games where your characters' progression is left completely at the hands of the player.

Why Kojima tried to do some kind of episode thing is simple enough to reason: He made a dumb mistake. Just like most of the story of MGSV and, to a lesser extent, the long-term gameplay mechanics.
>>
File: 20170519175735_1.jpg (206KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170519175735_1.jpg
206KB, 1920x1080px
>>377491075
Op here again. I just finished the code talker chapter where you had to fight skulls. Blew them the fuck up, it was nice to see a decent boss fight but it really wasn't even hard, I'd say that the sniper skulls before capturing code talker in the mansion was harder than that.

Does it get better than this? I just got back into playing it after a whole year of not touching it, and before I stopped I had gotten clocked in at 70 hours, so you can see why I got drained and stopped playing.

The lack of boss fights is the only thing that's really disappointing to me so far, open world gameplay is fun tto keep me going, BUT dunno Just thought I'd ask.
>>
whenever i think about this game i feel like i'm crippled like venom
>>
>>377493943
>first time encountering the sniper skulls
>crawl for 5 minutes and it's over
>ok
>>
Fuck off the game is pure shit

Even FFXV was more fun
>>
File: 20170519173501_1.jpg (601KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170519173501_1.jpg
601KB, 1920x1080px
>>377494084
By coincidence I had a sniper rifle when I first encountered them. Killed them.
>>
>>377493943
it's not really gonna change. The only cool part youre gonna have after that is sneaking in XoFs base and fighting metal gear, which is neat. But then it goes downhill drastically from there.

You do some super cool shit, then the game nose dives back into doing mundane shit.
>>
>>377491075
To let you change your loadout for a shitty boss fight that you're almost certainly not prepared for.
>>
>>377494267
>what are air drops
>>
File: 20170519210823_2.jpg (310KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170519210823_2.jpg
310KB, 1920x1080px
>>377494230
I really just stopped caring to stealth a lot of times, it feels like a waste of time just trying to sneak in, I go in with whatever assault rifle I feel like using while having quiet out in the distance sniping everybody.

I figured just have fun if I'm going to continue playing and stop being a "good boy" by not killing. it's fucking stupid afterall, like why give me all these nice toys and advise me not to kill at the same time?
>>
>>377494292
Slow, especially if you don't have a decent support team and a suitable full loadout prepared, which most casuals probably wouldn't have. Playtesters likely struggled with the fight so they said fuck it.
>>
>>377491075
The "to be continued" bits were specifically to break up longer chapters and allow you to go back to free roaming if you wanted to do so.
>>
>>377494421
>why give me all these nice toys and advise me not to kill at the same time
because big boys are able to resist playing with guns.
>>
File: 3e3.jpg (84KB, 488x516px) Image search: [Google]
3e3.jpg
84KB, 488x516px
>>377494928
>>
>>377491075
Kojima was just putting shit he liked from movies and tv shows as he went along. He made Venom mute because of Mad Max and Drive, he made it like a tv show literally because he was watching Breaking Bad at the time and thought it was the greatest shit ever. He's a retard and used the last Metal Gear game as a cooking pot of half baked ideas.
>>
>>377494861
That's just terrible pacing.

Once you enter a longer section you should be there for the long haul.
>>
>>377492778
Fucking THIS. How can there be people who enjoy this kind of games?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.