[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 16

1. What is your fucking favorite game in this series

2. What are actual real concrete fucking reasons its your goddamn favorite game

3. What is your favorite Pokemon
>>
All the Pokemon games are practically the same. You have played one, you have played them all.

Prove me wrong.
>>
File: goldbox.jpg (22KB, 250x228px) Image search: [Google]
goldbox.jpg
22KB, 250x228px
Pic related is mine.

Content wise its one of the largest Pokemon games with a port of platinum's battle frontier, 16 gym badges, a sizable number of legendaries available in game, fighting Red, gym leader rematches got added, a newly added rematch Elite Four, and added end game fights like teaming up against clarie and lance and fighting Giovanni, as well as two regions, with Kanto being massively revamped, and Johto receiving new Routes, and at the time online battling/trading.

The game thankfully lacks the later gen design of throwing "rare" pokemon into easy to access patches of grass with low like in XY where there's like 20 Pokemon per route. Rare Pokemon were available but they took effort to get, either requiring specific conditions, a completed puzzle, a hidden area, (as well as using the Pokewalker.) It also lacks FrLg's flaw of strictly limiting the games Pokemon to only be gen 1 (or 2) for purity's sake until the elite four are done.

Pokemon follow you the fuck around.

Gen 2 versions of the game were basically the biggest changes the series ever received like breeding, shiny pokemon, the battle tower, roaming legendaries, etc and without them it would barely be recognizable as Pokemon today.

The menu navigation and toggle run was sublime and I'm honestly insulted it didn't become the standard for the series.

While more subjective I love the Gen 2 Pokemon designs.

The rustic Japanese aesthetic of Johto is amazing and the way its faithfully translated onto the DS was amazing. The visuals and music were the best in the series.

My favorite Pokemon is Cyndaquil.
>>
WHAT HOUSE DO YOU LIVE IN
WHATS YOUR FAVORITE COLOR
DO YOU LOVE BIG BROTHER
>>
File: 1408341357846.png (431KB, 1050x856px) Image search: [Google]
1408341357846.png
431KB, 1050x856px
>>377488020
1. ORAS is my favorite, of course.
2. Mechanically it's the absolute best by a huge margin. Gorgeous locations, my favorite region in 3D graphics and all the comforts of Hoenn with pretty much all the flaws the region ever had fixed. It's nice to see Game Freak finally learned how to make a remake that actually adds to and improves the game it's remaking. Felt good finally bringing my oldest transferable Pokemon, Sceptile, up to captain my Super Secret Base. Being able to interact with him for the first time in Amie was magical.
3. Gotta be Sceptile, who else? I started with gen 1, but Sceptile's the first mon who really clicked with me as a "bro."
>>
>>377488020
1. B2W2
2. The sheer amount of optional extra content, like the PWT, the sheer amount of pokemon available, and a solid region overall.
3. Stunfisk, not even joking

>>377488727
It's a house
Orange
Not really, he's a /pol/ cuck
>>
1. FireRed, the best game ever.

2. Because it's scientifically proven to be the best.

3. Fuckin' Squirtle bro
>>
Platinum
I like the battle frontier island, the music, the locations just everything in general
Aipom
>>
>>377488020
1. Sun/Moon

2. It has all of the pokemon and all of the moves and the GTS is still working, and there's fashion, and I can pet my pokemon. I mean, the rest of the single player game is pretty much the same as always anyway. Even removing the gyms didn't change all that much.

3. I don't know. Lapras? Starmie? Carracosta?
There's like ten million of these things. I can't choose a favorite.
>>
>>377488020
Souls Silver
Because its the best you niglet
Banette
>>
>>377488654
This. HGSS are the best games hands down.
>>
Fire Red because it was my first one, but Soul Silver/Heart Gold are absolutely the best, followed by Emerald and Platinum. Both ORAS and SM have been so shit even XY was better than them.

Celebi
>>
>>377488169
youre wrong
>>
File: pokemon.png (672KB, 1217x913px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon.png
672KB, 1217x913px
>>377488020
1 FRLG/HGSS
2 best generations remade really damn well. FRLG is not too long like the newer ones so doing random runs in just a few days is always fun. HGSS is obviously way longer so I've replayed it a lot less but SS was definetly the one game that I went really deep into and spent the most time/effort on my team and exploring every corner of the region and even hacking the events into my game to experience them for myself
3 pic related. Crabrawler, Pikachu, Lucario, Cubone, that mexican cactus from gen 3, and Mewtwo are honorable mentions
>>
File: THE QUEEN.jpg (395KB, 1900x1900px) Image search: [Google]
THE QUEEN.jpg
395KB, 1900x1900px
>>377488020
1. Pokémon Sun and Moon

2. It introduced the best Pokémon and Pokégirls in the series.

3. Tsareena
>>
>>377488020
the original games
i love glitching it the fuck out
alakazam
>>
>>377488020
PMD Sky
I guess I love it since the mainline games are shit so it surpassed my expectations. Was my first PMD and the story or writing in general kind of blindsided me. Was also fairly new to dungeon crawlers so the gameplay felt new and exciting.
Vaporeon
>>
I wanna say Sun, but Crystal

It has a great amount of content, let's you catch both legendaries from g/s, and best girl design

Politoed
>>
>>377488020
Regular Pokemon games are too easy, playing Expert Emerald now and it's hard as fuck. Just finished the 6th gym and the Pokemon were all 50+
>>
Sun

It's got its issues but I haven't a whole lot of experience with the series so it's the best I got. X/Y sucked on several levels although I enjoyed the setting. DPP was alright but didn't really break any boundaries and feels kind of primitive by today's standards. I feel like I should explore the more well received entries such as HGSS and ORAS but the HGSS carts + Pokewalkers are expensive as hell and I don't have my DS flashcart on me.

Depends on what I'm in the mood to jack off to, otherwise it's Bronzong.
>>
>>377488020
>1. What is your fucking favorite game in this series
I don't care

2. What are actual real concrete fucking reasons its your goddamn favorite game
I don't care

3. What is your favorite Pokemon
Roselia
>>
File: 250px-623Golurk.png (79KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-623Golurk.png
79KB, 250x250px
1. Platinum.
2. God tier ost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGG6qUdpwJk
3. Golurk. Which is funny because 5th gen is my least favorite.
>>
File: 472.gif (323KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
472.gif
323KB, 200x200px
Platinum; the overall "atmosphere" made it very enjoyable for me.
Plus it marked the beginning of my younger sister going from being a bitch to everyone to being a bitch to everyone but me and taking an interest in everything I did, namely vidya.
>>
File: 250px-576Gothitelle.png (43KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-576Gothitelle.png
43KB, 250x250px
1. Pokemon Moon
2. It has some of my favorite Pokemon designs since Gen V.
3. Gothitelle
>>
File: 1493709443371.jpg (135KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1493709443371.jpg
135KB, 1400x1050px
1. White 2

2. Amount of content was insane and all the shit you could do was fun.

3. Gengar is the best. Salazzle is most fuckable
>>
1. Ruby (never played Emerald)
2. I know its nostalgia-goggles talking but it had such a sense of adventure and exploration. I never got that same feeling from other games.
3. Finding and catching a Bagon in Meteor Falls blew my mind as a kid. Especially when it became this badass.
>>
File: gengar.gif (269KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
gengar.gif
269KB, 500x324px
>>377488020
>>
>>377488020
Pokémon Snap
>>
File: 1493092624100.png (75KB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
1493092624100.png
75KB, 325x244px
Tied between HG/SS AND B/W2.
They both have a shit ton of content. BW2 have a enormous pool of Pokemon to choose from. They both have a crazy amount of content and shit to do. They both have a fun gimmick place (Pokeathlon, PWT)

I have fond memories from both of these and still replay them on my DS occasionally.
>>
File: 61vKtxIi-6L.jpg (69KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
61vKtxIi-6L.jpg
69KB, 500x446px
1: Pokemon Y

2: It was the first pokemon game i played since platinum came out, so i really enjoyed the massive amounts of diffrent pokemons in the region. also the region itself was really good with lumiose city as the center of the region wich i rought was really clever.

i also really enjoyed the all the diffrent activites you could do like the battle chateau, and maiking those pokemon trainer videos. Finally the customizeation was fantastic and is by far one of my favorite inclusions in the series.... and i enjoyed the gym fights and elite four too :)

3: favorite pokemon is bulbasaur
>>
>>377495256
i put an unholy amount of time into Y
i really dont get the hate
>>
>>377488020
G/S/C is unironically the best. Especially if you were playing when they came out in the middle of the pokemon craze.
>Well designed new Pokemon that felt like natural additions to the old ones
>Believable designs;I could see a Stantler or a Qwilfish irl and probably not bat an eye.
>Shittons of content;even get to revisit the previous region
>Comfiest region by far would live in
>That ost https://youtu.be/2XjouKSkSeM

Johto was such a great fucking region to explore. It was the last game that really captured an air of adventure for me. Then you get to back and see Kanto two years later and it feels like such a great send-off to R/B. Seeing what changed and fighting the old leaders was great and it's capped off with the battle against Red, to this day the best battle in these games. Game presents you with it's greatest challenge, you from the past. It's such a fucking amazing way end this game by saying goodbye to the old one.

G/S/C are the best Pokemon games and one of the greatest video game sequels of all time.
>>
>>377495821
What about hgss, they beat gsc in basically every way.
>>
File: 2w2ooba.jpg (89KB, 1024x649px) Image search: [Google]
2w2ooba.jpg
89KB, 1024x649px
>>377496346
Except in character designs.
Early Sugimori artstyle is so good
>>
>>377488020
1. HGSS

2. Because it 'feels' like it has the most content to explore, especially with Platinum's Battle Frontier. Can't say anything others haven't already said, but I don't think it's the best game objectively. Nostalgia plays a pretty important role in my decision here, and I really wish they fixed problems like the level curve and Pokemon selection.

3. Azumarill
>>
>>377496346
You're not wrong but the originals have a fucking powerful nostalgia factor that makes me love them more. Also playing them after coming off of R/B made them a better experience.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.