[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

a lot of people on /v/ seem to love this game, but I never meet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9

File: 250px-PMTTYD.jpg (34KB, 250x349px) Image search: [Google]
250px-PMTTYD.jpg
34KB, 250x349px
a lot of people on /v/ seem to love this game, but I never meet anyone who could really explain why
>>
Because it's just nostalgia an literally babbies first RPG
>>
It's just well presented. Pleasant time.
>>
File: NI0CPWH_d.jpg (27KB, 318x425px) Image search: [Google]
NI0CPWH_d.jpg
27KB, 318x425px
>>377467915
The Paper Mario games let you go on a wacky adventure with Mario and friends in places Mario shouldn't really be.

Really who at Nintendo said okay to a noose being the centerpiece of the main town.
>>
>>377467915
It's the only RPG with a real mechanic that isn't occasionally pressing the second action option
>>
File: 1233292671306.jpg (663KB, 1280x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1233292671306.jpg
663KB, 1280x1100px
It's probably their first RPG.

Not that it isn't a good game, Mario RPGs in general have nice quirks in the gameplay that add to the enjoyment.

I think I'd rather play the original game or SMRPG any day though.
>>
Because the combat is great, the story progression is well-paced, the characters are appealing, the worlds are well designed, and we get to see Mario being forced into crazy situations.
>>
>>377467915
nostalgia, fun cast of characters, great music, fun battle gameplay, you forget about the hours of backtracking after a few years
>>
>>377467915
Great story, very likeable characters, expanded the badge/health/flower/star system. Pit of 100 trials was legit tough. Much more strategy in attacking than Paper Mario 64.
>>
Good music
Good battle system
Good characters
Good writing
Good music
Good graphics

You could almost say the game is gud.
>>
File: his hopes and dreams gone.png (99KB, 530x644px) Image search: [Google]
his hopes and dreams gone.png
99KB, 530x644px
>>377467915
>Good combat from PM64 but expanded upon
>Nice variety of designed characters that are memorable
>Mario goes to interesting locations like a Arena floating in the sky, Space & a Shadow Palace
>Situations like Mario losing his identity from a Duplighost or the Mysteries on Glitzville & the Excess Express are fun & interesting
>The overall story is more than just Bowser
>Upgrades & abilities to help with progression from Curses, partners & boot/hammer upgrades
>Badges & the leveling up system gives you variety on how to play & can influence replayability
>Plenty of collectables things to do from getting Badges, getting all Tattlelogs, doing Recipes, doing Troubles/helping the NPCs in the area
>Dialogue/localization is fun
>Great music
>Great art style (I prefer PM64 way more personally though)

Just like any other game it has it's issues but I'd suck it's dick any day.
>>
File: IMG_1834.jpg (214KB, 750x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1834.jpg
214KB, 750x900px
Because it's basically the GCucks first RPG. Anyone with any semblance of taste thinks that it is shit.
>>
because it is one of the most well made RPGs ever created. it feels really good to play. the combination of mario and the part of mario universe that nintendo doesn't want to use again in RPGs blended really with the actual mario and it was so unique and had great storytelling to follow.
>>
>>377467915

It's literally just chapter 3

without it, the game would be totally fucking garbage
>>
File: 1475484084305.jpg (224KB, 900x1006px) Image search: [Google]
1475484084305.jpg
224KB, 900x1006px
>>377468121
>>377468819
What is the greatest rpg ever made?
>>
I know this thread is mostly aimed at TTYD & sorry if this turns the thread south but some Anon(s) wanted me to update this image finally so here.

What's new:
>Added the "Post-Color Splash release" section
>Polished the Sticker Star side with beta screenshots and made the Toad collage (I think) 100% accurate
>>
>>377469360
Is that the pro wrestling one?
>>
File: 150px-RawkHawkPMTTYD.png (37KB, 150x157px) Image search: [Google]
150px-RawkHawkPMTTYD.png
37KB, 150x157px
>>377469996
Yes it is.
>>
>>377469436
>JRPG
Xenogear
>WRPG
Neverwinter Nights
>>
File: 1486241153502.jpg (56KB, 640x696px) Image search: [Google]
1486241153502.jpg
56KB, 640x696px
>>377469360
>He didn't like Chapters 5 and 6
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKIYh7gtQq4
>>
>>377469797
Damn. Any time I need a reminder of how much Miyamoto hates progression, evolution, and modern gaming in general and story in any and all games specifically, all I need to do is read that.

I wish the world would stop sucking his dick. His time ended in the 1980's.
>>
It's a solid JRPG if you're too inept to get the timings right, and if you can get them, it adds to the gameplay. That and battles have a sort of randomization that keep things fresh. Think of fog causing enemies to miss you when you're in danger, or buckets falling from off stage and stunning the enemy. The story, characters, and areas are all varied and interesting. You go from a dusty old castle to the moon and then battle a cataclysmic shadow monster.

The game was quirky, serious, and sad at various times and it was an undeniably great adventure.

Oh, and the music is bomb as fuck, too.
>>
>>377472504
I'd disagree with that last statement since Pikmin is so great, but yeah, he isn't the gaming messiah, and isn't even entirely a wise old sage. He needs to be treated as fallible.
>>
>>377469436
Chrono Trigger is the most common answer

the correct answer is whichever one you played first
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.